The Mad White Room of Nightmares

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: those dialogs and sentences in BOLD are in ENGLISH.

Kris POV

“You guys ready?” Ren asked us.

Today was D-day. It was in the early afternoon. Our second day in London. Three days since Flo was taken.

“Yes.” Kai answered. Determination was in his voice.

“Listen to everything I say. Never talk unless I order you too.  Never go out of my sight. Stay low and we’ll be fine. Act like docile lambs instead of wolves okay?” Ren said seriously.

“Yes hyung.” Luhan answered.

“Kris? You understand? Hold that temper. There might be a chance we see Flo don’t talk to her. Don’t grab her. We follow the plan. Understood?” Ren said to me.

“yes. I understand.” I answered nodding.

“The rest of you. Stay here? Do not leave this house unless I say so. You will only listen to me. No one else. Do. Not. Leave. This. House. Understood?” Ren said to the rest who all nod silently. “This is the safest place you can be. They will have to go through one of the toughest security to get here so don’t go. Okay?”

“Yes we understand Hyung.” Suho answered.

“Suho you’re in charge of them until we come back okay?” Ren said handing the phone I was keeping to Suho who took it gingerly. “If anything goes wrong Arthur will know what to do.”

Arthur nod gravely behind Ren. I learned that Arthur was not just a simple butler he also had other skills I don’t know about and hopefully won’t know about.

“Keep them safe. Understood?” Ren said to him.

“Yes Master Ren.” Arthur answered.

“Alright let’s go.” Ren said.

We followed him outside where two cars were idly waiting. One was a Porsche 911 and the other was a Mercedes Benz which I forgot the name of the model. It looked like it was the bad guy in the last transformers movie.

“Kris and Luhan you’re with me.” Ren said pointing to the Decepticon car. “Aiden, Julie, Kai on the Porsche.”

“be careful guys.” Sehun said to us.

“take care of Minny for me okay?” Luhan said to them. Minny suddenly ran to him and wrapped her arms around him. “Shush Min. It’ll be okay.”

“Please be careful.” Minny said softly.

“Always.” Luhan answered.

“Come back to me Oppa. Okay? Promise?” Minny said in a low voice.

I wish I can shut off my sharp hearing now but even in low setting I can still hear them clearly.

“Of course I will with Flo in tow.” Luhan answered and kissed her forehead gently. “I love you Min-shu. Stay safe here so I won’t worry.”

“Okay let’s go.” Ren said watching the two.

“Love you too Luhan.”Minny said and kissed Luhan gently on the lips. Tears streaming down her face. Luhan handed her to Suho and D.O..

“See you later guys.” I said and waved.

“Kai. Please be careful.” Minny said.

“Sure. Thanks Min.” kai answered.

“You didn’t say that to me Min.” I said to her in a light tone. Trying to ease the heavy tensed atmosphere.

“Silly Kris.” Minny said. “Be careful wolf boy.”

“Thanks.” I said giving her a lazy salute.

The nickname wolf boy coming from Minny sounded so off. It’s like that nickname should only come from someone else’s mouth.

“Let’s go.” Ren said and opened the door of the car.

“Be careful Oppa. You two too.” Minny said.

“We will Min. Thank you.” Julie said waving.

All of us got inside the car and speed away. I look up the rear view mirror to see all of them watching us before they were herded inside by Arthur.

The ride going to the institute was a silent one. Everyone absorbed in their own task or thoughts. We passed by the Metropolis that is London and then went further north. Ren and Aiden’s maniac driving made the supposed to be hours long trip into just about an hour, give or take a few minutes. I’m sure Luhan is relieved that Minny wasn’t with us and now I know why Flo is a racing maniac.

After a few more fast and the furious -ish minutes we stopped in front of a white glass encased modern building. It was sleek, and clean looking. Simple Art deco signs were scattered around. The gardens around it were no match to what the Khan estate had but still, they were beautiful.

We passed by a gate and a guard house, Ren was apparently known here since our car passed by smoothly and so did the Porsche behind us.

Ren parked inside an underground basement and we all got off.

“Docile lambs alright. You’re supposed to be captured experiment subjects.” Ren said to us. “We just need to get to the experiment level to see what it looks like and if it matches the blue prints Mike has sent us.”

“Alright Hyung.” I answered. Ren handed us an earpiece and a mike that fastened on the underside of our collar.

After a deep breath and some last minute instructions and warnings we went inside an elevator and went inside the Institute.

It looked like everything the adults described. It was neat, ultra modern and if I didn’t know Flo, I would even say it was beautiful… but I can feel something wrong here, it’s very subtle but some instinct is telling me that this is not a nice place. It’s also screaming at me to run away.

“Hello Ren. Going to see your parents?” Someone in a lab coat said to Ren who was in front of us.

“Yes.” Ren said and nods at the man.

The man nods back and goes on his way.

We went around through various floors just roaming around. I couldn’t help but be amazed. It was like a corporate office but with labs. People in lab coats, and business suits were bustling away- off to do some worldwide business program or discovers man’s next big achievement.

The institute, Ren hyung said to us last night, is like a corporation/university/research lab/ everything else all packed into one. They have various departments that cater to different needs. It was an independent private company that has leverage on almost all major companies in the world due to the technology/skills/techniques they have.  In short, the Institute may not be known but they have connections everywhere.  They have power.

It was truly an amazing place.. if you didn’t know better.

We were still looking for the experiment level but in here it was like a fabled myth. It was never established that the Institute experiments on human beings since there are now more humane ways to go on carrying experiments.

So we went on searching since the blue prints that Mike has sent Ren has sown some floors that we might think will be that level but there was no visible way to go it.

“Ren Khan!” I heard a familiar voice that sent me on high alert. That buttery voice.

We stopped and watch as the President walked towards us beaming. He looked utterly different from that one time I saw him. Here he was a debonair and cool man who waved and greeted everyone who passed by him. It was clear everyone adored him here… because they didn’t know his true personality.

“It’s such a surprise. It’s so nice to see you after a long time.” he exclaimed giving Ren a hug. “Are you here to see your parents?”

“Yes President Malcolm.” Ren answered returning the hug with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“And Aiden King. Julie Smith. I haven’t seen you two for a long while either. Had fun with the educational tour?” He said to the two who greeted him politely. “And who are these new faces?” He asked looking at the three of us.

He was beaming but his eyes were like steel. His eyes survey us for a moment then recognition filled it. I swear an evil smile just passed in his face.

I clenched my fist, holding back my temper as Ren instructed. It was a hard thing to do. I wanted nothing more than to punch and kick this man and throw him off the railings.

“Some boys I picked up on Korea. They have some interesting aspects that I wanted to further dig  into.” Ren answered coldly.

“What do you mean?” The President asked.

“Let’s just say they have abilities that make people think that Jacob Black is real.” Ren answered. “Now will you please excuse us President. I want to show them to my parents.”

Ren attempted to move around him but I saw the President make a small gesture, suddenly four men in gray suits appeared behind him effectively blocking our way. I felt myself involuntarily tense up more.

“Come with me.” The president said in a low cold but commanding voice.

It looks liked we weren’t given any option to say no. We had no choice but to do what was asked.

We followed him as instructed. Two gray men on either side of us. I glance back and as expected saw two gray men were behind us.

We walked through some series of corridors and entered one that was out of place in the modern building. It was opulent and carpeted. It looked like it belonged in the Khan Manor not here. The President stopped in front of the only door in the corridor which was located in the very end. It was an elaborate set of double doors. One of the Grey Men opened it for him and he motioned us to follow him inside.

The office was like outside. Opulent. It reminded me again of the Khan Manor but even more outrageous. The Khan manor was elegant this was over the top. A huge desk dominated the whole room.

“Please take a seat.” The President said as the Gray men spread out of the room.

“No thank you. We really have to be going. My parents are waiting for us.” Ren said.

“Nonsense. Your parents are in a conference right now. You’re not here to see them.” The President said and smiled coldly. “Now sit.”

Ren looked at him for a moment while we waited. He then nod and sat down on a chair. He nods at us and we sat down silently.

The change in the Presidents demeanor was scary. He was no longer jovial or pleasant. He was now cold and intimidating.. an evil dark aura seemed to be emitting from him. 

“Now why exactly are you here Ren Khan?” The President asked Ren. “I know these two will follow you anywhere but these three are new. What are you doing here?”

“Like I said President. I found these boys in Korea. They are quite interesting so I thought I’ll bring them to my parents, maybe they can explain to me some things I don’t understand about them.” Ren answered.

“You didn’t find them. Florence did.” The president said grinning fondly at Ren. I felt a shock run through me when he mentioned her name. “You are not as good of an actor like your sister is Ren and do you think I’ll forget these faces? The ones Florence gave up her freedom for? No. So tell me why you are here.”

“I have no obligation to tell you anything.” Ren answered in a cold tone but I saw a slight tremor pass his body. He was holding back his fury.

The President laughed coldly and stands.

“They must be the reason why you hacked my data base isn’t it? What was it you were looking for? Experiments of boys with wolf like characteristics. Are you looking for werewolves?” The President said and laughed again.

Nobody answered him.

“I must say I was surprised when I saw it, you were never interested in those sort of things Ren.. or am I mistaken? Those kinds of experiments are way above your level of intelligence, even for Aiden King. Julie was never into those sort of things aren’t you dear? So I thought why would they hack my data base for these data? Only Princess can understand these… and it made me think maybe it was my princess who was behind it. And I was right. Thank you for stupidly leading me to your sister Ren.” The president said slapping Ren’s shoulder fondly. Ren shook off his hand coldly.

“So what do these boys do?” The president asked looking at us interestedly.

“Like I told you I don’t have any obligation to tell you anything. I’m not under the Institute so you can’t order me around.” Ren said. “I think it’s time for us to leave.”

He stood up and we promptly followed.

“It’s amusing how they follow you around like dogs.” The President said.

“Because they are mine.” Ren answered and looked at us with a harden expression. “Come.”

“You’re leaving without even seeing your sister?” The President said in a teasing tone. “that’s so sad. I thought you like your sister… I was wrong then.”

Ren stopped and looked at him with anger evident on his face.

“I’ll take you to her if you’ll tell me what these boys do.” The President said smiling.

Ren laughed at him coldly.

“What assurance do I have that you actually have my sister. You can be bluffing for all I know.” Ren said.

The president smiled and stands. The gray men instantly moved to follow him.

“Come along then. I’ll show your sister. I know you missed her.” The president said and walked out of the room.

Again as if we had any choice.

We followed him silently. I looked at Aiden and Julie and they seemed to be looking around. I knew that they were using the video recorder that was somewhere on them. I also looked around, trying to memorize where we were going. Luhan and Kai seemed to be doing the same.

We reached another nondescript corridor with a door on the end. One of the Gray men opened it for the president and we filled inside.

I was momentarily confused since this looked so unglamorous- it was just a small stock room.

The president walked to a stack of brooms leaning on the side and pulled one like a lever. Then he placed his palm on the wall directly opposite of the door. A green light glowed and it seemed like it was scanning his hand. Then a blue light scanned him.

The wall retracted and moved to the side to reveal another corridor that was on the other side with another door on the end.

The President walked towards it and the gray men behind us prodded us to follow. As we walked I noticed a faint green light scan us. The green light was obviously made to be not noticed by human eyes but since I don't have the normal human eyes I saw it. I also noticed a very faint burning smell. Luhan was also looking around sniffing so he must have noticed it too. I shrug at him when he glanced at me.

The blue light came back when we reached the door at the other end. It retracted to reveal a box- an elevator.

 “We’re going underground.” The President said. “This Institute is older then we think. This is one of its unfinished parts. I merely finished it for whoever planned it.. although I think this was not his plan.”

The elevator opened into an empty corridor again. Here it was disorienting. It was like a labyrinth since all the walls looked the same.

“Come along now. let’s go see princess.” The president said in a happy voice and actually skipped.

What the heck.

We followed him through endless white corridors and closed doors.

It was really a labyrinth.

We stopped behind a door that looked like every other door here. Metal, strong metal. It opened automatically and the President steeped inside.

I step in and it felt I was in a movie.

Because I thought this kind of things do not exist in real life.

It was a huge room- room was not the right word, it looks like a grand hall with its size. All white and sterile looking. Tubes dotted the inside of the hall-room and it’s what’s inside that is way sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter