The Irrational Genius

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

The next week Monday I took a different route going to school. I had a feeling someone will be waiting for me around the bend and I’m not in the mood to face him yet. My state of mind is still in chaos.

I did not have a good night’s sleep and I know I will have a crappy day ahead.

I arrive at school and slump on my desk.

“Morning  Flo.”Minny greeted. “Are you still sleepy?

I raise a thumb at her.

“Can I tell you about my weekend?”

I raise an okay sign.

She went on to tell me where she and Luhan went. How they had such a good time. She must be so happy she didn't notice my bad mood. Good thing too since I don’t want to explain myself to her now.

The warning bell had already rang and my seatmate was still not in. He usually drops in before going to practice but he must have went directly to practice today.

“Has anyone of you see Kai oppa?” Lee Na Ra said from the doorway. Hands on her hips and looking arrogant. I place back my head on my arms after looking up when I heard his name.

“No. isn’t he suppose to be with you guys?” Suho answered.

“He’s late for practice.” Lee Na Ra said.

“I’m here.” I heard Kai’s voice.

I resisted the urge to look up but instead buried my head even further and closed my eyes. I pretended to be asleep. I had put on my headphones but I wasn’t listening to anything. I just put them there so my classmates will think I was listening to music and not talk to me.

“Oppa! I was worried when you didn’t show up. You were always so early.” Lee Na Ra said. I can imagine her his arm. A surge of green anger went through my brain, I hastily clamped it down before it got the best of me.

I heard the chair beside me scrape like it was being pulled away.

“Is she asleep?” I heard Kai’s voice beside me.

“I think so. She looked sleepy when I came in.” Minny answered.

I heard him sigh and then a hand runs through my hair.

“how was your Friday night out?” Minny asked him.

“I didn’t get to meet up with Flo.” Kai answered and I can feel the guilt in his voice.

“What? She like waited for you. Alone.” Chanyeol said. “We left her here because we thought you will pick her up after your practice.”

“Kai oppa we need to go.” Lee Na Ra said.

“Go ahead. I’ll follow.” Kai said in a clipped tone.

“But-“ Lee Na Ra protested but Kai interrupted her.

“Just go Na Ra. I’ll follow okay?” Kai said in a more forced tone.

“Fine. I’ll tell teacher you were hanging out here instead of practicing.” She said and I can her stomping footsteps.

“you should go bro. it’s your final practice week of practice starting today. Friday is your performance.” Lay said.

Kai sighed and I heard the chair scrape. I felt a box placed near my hand.

“Min can you tell Flo I’m sorry?” Kai said.

“Sure. Have fun at practice.” Minny said.

“Hardly.” He answered. “Bye guys. See you at lunch.”

“Bye!” My friends chorused.

I didn’t pretend to wake up until the teacher came. I pretended to yawn and stretch when our adviser started the lesson. I glance at the box beside me. it was a box of my panda chocolates and a note with his handwriting saying –I’m sorry-.

I pick up the box and placed it inside my bag. I wanted to throw it away but that will cause questions to be asked and I don’t have the answers.

Lunch. I used the library excuse again and ran off before they can even protest. I didn’t go to the library. I went to the back of our school and just sat under a tree to enjoy the breeze and try to calm my mind.

I shouldn’t have went to school today.  I open the brown bag and pull out the sandwich I had made for myself and started to nibble on it. I still didn’t have an appetite but I needed to eat if  I want to stand on my feet today.

Their rehearsals went even later into the night meaning Kai has to go home very late.

So Kris is taking me home. He knows I’m upset about something but one of the things I like about Kris is that he doesn't pry. He will just stay beside you and make you laugh and listen to you when you’re ready to tell him. But I wasn’t ready to tell him anything.

“This is me. See You tomorrow wolf boy.” I said to him adding a teasing tone.

“You know you can’t fool me with your act.” Kris said.

I sighed and smiled dryly at him.

“Flo whatever that is bothering you, you know you can tell me right?” he said.

“I know Kris. Thanks ,but I can find the right words and form the correct sentences to tell you what’s bothering me right now.” I said.

“Then I’ll just be here if you ever pass your vocabulary problem.” Kris said grinning.

“Thanks Oppa. Take care on going home.” I said waving as he walk away.

I enter the building and instructed Rob that I didn’t want any visitors today and for the rest of the week. It was a standing order until I change it.

I enter the apartment and thank god for pets. They really are stress busters.

“hey Butter. How’s my baby boy doing?” I ask him and pick him up.

I had started to train him at home and so far he was a angel of a puppy. He was so easy to potty train. I threw him a dog snack as I fixed my dinner.

My phone began ringing around 7. It was him. I didn’t answer. I was avoiding him and I knew that wasn’t right but I don’t know how I can face him with my current state of mind. He called every 5 minutes but I didn’t answer. My phone’s battery emptied and my phone died around 10 from the constant calls it received. I didn’t turn it back on and just plunged it into its charger.

+++

The next day I didn’t even get the chance to change my route he was right outside my building waiting in the cold.

“Flo!” He called out when he saw me come out.

“hey.” I answered and start to walk.

“hey wait up.” He said catching up with me. “Why didn’t you answer my calls last night?”

“Oh so that was why my phone was dead when I checked it. I was in the lab.” I answer nonchalantly.

“Why weren’t you at lunch yesterday?”

“Library.”

“I checked the library you weren’t there.”

“I borrowed a book and read it outside.”

“Why do I have a feeling your avoiding me?”

“Why should I avoid you?”

“Flo please stop with the psychological games and tell me what’s wrong.” He exclaimed. I look at him stunned. Kai has never risen his voice at me.

“Why are you mad at me? it’s not me that did you wrong.”

“Is this why your avoiding me? because your mad that I stood up on you last Friday?”

“Should there be any other reason?”

“well I’m sorry!”

“yeah that sounded very sincere.”

“Flo I didn’t get much sleep last night and I had to wake up early to catch you before you go to school.”

“Who told you to wait for me?”

“What is wrong with you? Why are you being so irrational?” He demanded.

I didn’t answer him since someone had jumped on him from behind.

“Kai Oppa!” Lee Na Ra said hanging on him and kissing his neck.

“Na Ra. Let go.” Kai said pushing Lee Na Ra off him. “Flo! I’m talking to you. Come back here!” he called out.

I didn’t look back but stomp away angrily. So they were now in the I can kiss you in public stage. That so sweet it makes me want to vomit.

I speed walk to school hoping he won’t catch me. I hastily change my shoes and ran to the comfort room waiting there until the first period bell rang. Our adviser was usually late so it gave me a few minutes to go to the room. He usually starts practice when we start class so hopefully he won’t be there anymore.

I was wrong. He was there waiting.

“Florence! Why did you ran off like that I was talking to you!” He said the moment I entered the room. The classroom went silent. This was the first time they had seen Kai angry at me.

“I didn’t want to disturb.” I answer coldly. “You and your dancing partner were busy cuddling.”

“What?! That’s not the case! I wanted to talk to you!” He said frustrated.

“Well I don’t want to!” I answered raising my voice and slamming my bag on the desk angrily. Why is he even here? He should be at practice with his dance partner, practice and cuddle. Oh that just makes my blood boil. I glare at him and he glared back.

“Flo! Why are-“

“Jong-in! Practiced started 15 minutes ago. Why are you still here?” the dance teacher said from the door way. I can see Lee Na Ra behind him smiling smugly. I wanted to strangle her there and now.

“Give me another 5 minutes sir.” Kai said.

“No. Get to the gym now.” The teacher said in a firm tone.

“Come on Kai oppa. We need to practice our dance scene.” Lee Na Ra said looking at me with a mocking smile.

“But-“ Kai start to say but was interrupted again.

“Now young man.” The dance teacher ordered.

“Go practice your dance with your dancing partner.” I spat out to him and sat down on my chair ignoring him.

“Fine!” Kai said abruptly and stomped out of the room angrily.

“You guys will support us on Friday right?” Lee Na Ra said to us.

“Go away.” Minny said closing the door on her face. Good thing the dance teacher had left immediately after Kai. He would have sent Minny to the principal’s office for being rude.

“Flo are you okay?” Kris asked.

“Leave me alone.” I said burying my head in my arms.

“Flo talk to me. What’s wrong?” Minny asked gently.

“I said leave me alone.” I said loudly grabbed my bag and stormed out of the room.

I’m skipping school today and for the rest of the week if I have too.

I ignored some teachers calls to me and walked out of school and flag a taxi down.

I entered my apartment and locked the door setting up the alarm at high alert. I don’t want anyone bothering me right now.

I slump into my bed and hugged my pillow and cried.

I was crying so much these days.

Ooo00ooO

Minny POV

It was Friday. The day of the contest and Flo hasn’t  shown up at school since Tuesday. She won’t take our calls, our text, she won’t even see us when we went to her apartment. She is acting irrational and I think I have a hunch why.

We went to the dance match to support Kai but I knew he wanted Flo to be there more than us. He was dishearten after he calmed down. I was also a bit surprised at him. He normally doesn’t get mad so easily so whatever Flo and he were arguing about must be important.

He told us that  last Friday he didn’t manage  to take Flo out since his co-dancer just dragged him, kicking and screaming, to the party they were attending. He can’t leave because their dance instructor was together with some big shots who would take it wrongly if he abruptly leave. He also said what Lee Na Ra said to Flo on the phone. That made the boys mad. So we don’t like Lee Na Ra already before this happened and even more now.

“Hey there’s Kai.” Luhan said waving to their friend.

“Hi guys. Thanks for coming.” He said when he came closer. He was looking around for someone.

“She’s not here Kai.” I said to him and his face just fell. He looked so sad and disappointed.

“She must be really pissed at me.” Kai said shaking his head.

The boys all tired to cheer him up but he looked so downhearted.

“Cheer up it’ll pass. Flo can’t stay mad at you for too long.” Suho said patting his back.

“I just wish she was here.” Kai said.

“Actually I am here.” We all heard Flo’s voice from behind.  She was watching us calmly. Her eyes veiled not letting any emotion in it.

“Flo!” I exclaimed hugging her. I haven’t seen her in 3 days so I miss her.

I look at her. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter