A Proposition

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

“Paige I want that wall sealed. Hugo lock the back door.” I ordered ignoring the sweat on the tip of my nose as it glistened. “Come on guys. Last one.”

After a few minutes of silence in which the hum of the AC and the sound of keyboards being typed on as the only sound that be hears a whoop sounded loudly.

“YES!! GET OUT EFFING HACKERS!” The guy with thinning red hair and spectacles on a tall nose stood from his chair and started to do a silly imitation of the dance the mad hatter did in the latest Alice in Wonderland movie.

“We did it. We actually managed to flush them out in record time. Amazing.” Paige said.

“Great job you two.” I said leaning away from the computer I was on and closing my eyes. I lazily wiped my forehead with my hand.

“You are amazing!! If ever you find yourself in need of a job consider yourself hired in our department!” The red haired guy stopped dancing and patting my head. “Great job Lady Flo. You will give your Mom a run for her money.”

“Thanks Hugo.” I answered opening my eyes to grin at the two of them. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Well the system is now again secure..” Paige said and looked around our little island of computers. “They’re safe now aren’t they?”

“Yes. They are. The hackers will have a hard time going over the new firewall you made Paige. That was amazing.” I answered. “And dad messaged me. They managed to remove the tanks that held the poison in the sub-basement.”

“That’s great news!” Hugo said grinning then went serious. “You know the first time I saw them I nearly wet my pants now.. I feel sorry for them. I want to help them in any way I can. They don’t deserve what they’re going through.”

“You did a huge help today.” I answer and looked around sighing at the thick white barrier that surrounded the Main Computer Island. Dad had placed them for our - well mostly for mine- comfort since the computers we we’re handling were all in the White Room. I think he’s scared that I’ll go mad and go in catatonia again.

Which I think won’t happen. I can’t conjure my happy place again even if I wanted to. I was half tempted to go over the barrier and look at the tubes again curious if I can conjure it under pressure. It has lost its purpose and so it disappeared.

 I sighed and fiddled with the bracelet Sehun and Tao had made for me. I had lost my aversion to hand accessories and once they will learn about that I think I will be bombard with silly bracelets... Which reminds me Kai hasn’t brought me a new one yet. I should surprise him by asking for one.

I grin thinking about how confused he will be with me asking for something. Hah! Mind games again Jong In! You wait.

I consciously tried to wipe the grin off my face but to no avail. I’m grinning in the White Room. Grinning happily. Who knew that was possible. 

What did you do to me Kim Jong In? 

I miss my boyfriend. Cue senseless heart fluttering.

I pull out my phone to check for some messages. He sent a few a few hours ago but I lost track when we had the final assault on the bad guys fire wall. I was taken by surprise to see the time. It was already after lunch.

Heart fluttering. Stomach rumbling. Mind going insane. 

“Lady Flo?” A new voice said and one of guards that looked like he was the head by the gold and red bars on his collar popped inside the barrier and into our little island.

“Yo wassup?” I answer spinning my chair around like a kid. “weee.”

 Paige and Hugo laughed at the childishness I was displaying while the guard held back an amused smiled

 “I gather the operation was a success?”He asked with brows raised as I continued spinning.

 “Yup.” I answer. “I never knew this was fun.”

 “Lady Flo. That is fun but you’ll have a head ache after.” The guard said now smiling at me. “You should stop.”

 “But it’s fun..” I answer and did another spin.

 “Well if you want to meet your friends with a head ache then be my guest.” The guard said.

 “Friends?” I ask stopping my senseless chair spinning

 “Bunch of noisy Koreans. One was crazily taking selfies.” The guard said. “They came with Lady Fleur and Sir Randal.”

 “Be careful calling the one taking selfies crazy. He’s a Whu Shu champion. He just might take you down and take a selfie.” I said and laugh. “I should suggest that to him.”

 The guard blanched at what I said making all of us laugh.

 “I’m joking. Yes my friends are noisy.” I said and bound out of the chair. “And yes Tao - the selfie mania is crazy. All of them are. Birds of the same feather are the same birds.”

 “Isn’t it supposed to be “birds of the same feather stick together?” Hugo asked.

 “New generation new sayings.” I answer grinning. “Can I leave? The computers can monitor them for a bit and AI -which we should give a name- will contact us if there are any problems.”

 “Sure Lady Flo.” Paige answered.

 “Annyeonghaseyo!” I said and did a jolly wave.

The guard accompanied me until we reached the upper floors. I blackmailed him into getting me a pack of chocolate from the canteen of the Institute which he did with a shake of his head and an amused smile.

I hummed Growl as I walked to the lobby greeting people along the way. My friends weren’t at the Lobby when I arrived there and the receptionist said they went to my Parents office. After thanking her I skipped to the new top floor joint office my parents have been given to. The guard who I blackmailed met me along the way bearing a bag of chocolates. I again before sending him away.

 Janet pointed me to the conference room when she saw me. The doors were close and I can’t hear anything. I tucked the bag of chocolates securely in the crook of my elbow and burst through the door.

 “HEY GUYS!” I shouted.

They were silent looking at me bewildered.

 “Good gracious Flo. You nearly gave me a heart attack.” Julie complained.

 “Did you guys miss me?!” I sang hugging Chen and Xiumin who was the nearest to me. “I’m hungry did you bring some food?”

 They were all still staring at me like I’m a crazed person.

 “I have chocolates who want some?” I ask and still no one answered. I pout and plop down beside Kai on the couch. “Anyeong Oppa!”

 Kai glanced at me warily.

 “Yah! Why are you guys staring at me like that?!” I complain finally when none of them spoke after Julie’s initial outburst.

 “Who are you and what did you do to my best friend?” Minny asked leaning forward to pinch my nose. I swat her arm away.

 “Did you inhale some toxic substance that causes personality changes?” Sehun asked.

 I frowned at them.

 “Fine. If you guys will pretend you don’t know me then I’ll just leave.” I said and moved to stand but Kai grabs my arm and pulls me back down on the couch.

“Now there is the temper I know.” he said grinning.

 “Whatever.” I said glaring at him. He laughed and poked my nose fondly.

 Before anyone can do anything more my parents entered the room.

 “Is Flo here? I thought I heard her.” Mom said.

 I turn around and waved at my mom who looked laughed at me.

 “Anyeong Eomma!”

 “Anyeong Fluffy.” She answered.

 “Eomma. Don’t call me that.”

 “Darling I heard Flo-” My dad said and stopped when he saw me.

 “Appa! I’m hungry! Feed me!’ I said loudly.

 “The hunger must be causing personality changes.” Julie said.

 “Mou. When I’m serious you guys complain when I’m jolly you still complain. What do you want?” I said and sighed sitting back properly on the couch.

 “Let us get used to it dear. Don’t go bipolar on us.” Mom said patting my head. “anyway darling great job. I hear the operation was a success?”

 “Yup. Computers are secure again and I think we might have updated your firewall too.” I answered putting the bag of chocolates on my lap and started to open one.

 “Our Firewall?” Dad asked.

 “Your security- The Institute’s System is out dated. Mike and I had a field day surfing around the highest security levels. So Hugo, Paige and I decided to just update it since we were at it. We had some free time in the wee hours when we we’re waiting for the hackers to attack so we can find them.” I answer trying to open one chocolate wrapper but it was resisting my efforts. Kai finally took it from me and easily opened it using one hand. “Thanks Oppa.”

“Oh wow dear. Thank you.” Dad said.

 “No problem dad. Just place the payment on my next allowance.” I said munching on the chocolate then gobbling it up as my stomach rumbled. Kai hands me another already opened one.

 “When have you last eaten?” Kris asked.

 “Hmm.. Around midnight. “I answered still munching. “We found the router signal they were using and managed to track them down. They returned fire and it was hectic from that time.”

 “Will Hugo be writing the report?’ Mom asked.

 “Yup.”I answer now on my third chocolate bar.

“Where’s Aiden Flo?” Julie asked.

 “must be somewhere where there is a bed available. Probably in the Medical Bay. I sent him out when he can’t do much with the computer programming. But I had to have him on standby in case one of the tubes malfunction while we were doing the computers and had to get one of them one. I need an extra pair of hands and Aiden has the best - and I meant that in a medical terms stop giving me that look Baek.” I answer looking at my now empty bag. “Can we get food?”

 “Already on its way up.” Dad said.

 “Great!” I answered leaning back on the couch. “now why are these noisy bunch here?”

 “Mainly because they wanted to see you.” Dad answered.

 “And your uncle emailed me asking when are they coming back. They’re families are waiting.” Mom adds.

 “Kris needs to be injected with the anti-serum first before we go home.” I answered. “I checked the lab a while ago and the serum is ready.”

 I faced Kris who had suddenly gone silent.

“You ready Wolf Boy?” I ask him.

 He gulped.

 “Nothing will change much right? “He asked in a worried tone.

 “Except for your powers the rest will stay the same.” I answer.

 “Are you sure?” He asked.

 “Bro look at me. I feel fine no- I actually feel great!” Luhan said grinning and placed an arm on Minny’s shoulder. “I no longer have that fear of going berserk and killing someone. I can now actually get mad and not actually kill boys who make a pass a Minny.”

 “Oppa!” Minny complained blushing.

 “Kris I assure you that I have exhausted all the test that are available to check if the Serum is safe. I wouldn’t do it if I feel that it will harm you in anyway.” I said reaching over Kai to grasp his hand.

“Just the powers?’ He asked brows furrowed.

 “Yes Kris you won’t lose your good looks if that is what your so worried about.” I teased.

 “When will we do it?” He asked.

 “We can do it now if you’re ready.” I answer smiling. “Since we’re all here you have all the moral support you need. I can even let Tao hold your hand.”

 “No pain?” He asked.

 “I didn’t feel anything.” Luhan answered before I can.

 “Mostly because you were unconscious but for Kris we’re putting you to sleep.”I answered. “I’ll be the one to inject you if you’re scared.”

 “I’m not scared.” Kris huffed out.

“Sure Wolf boy.” I answered. “So.. You ready?”

 Kris didn’t answer me right away. He took several deep breathes instead. Luhan reached over the table and grasped his knee. Tao placed a hand on his shoulder.I gently squeezed his hand.

“Alright. I’m ready to be normal.” Kris answered.

 +++

“You’re scared arn’t you? You don’t have to pretend in front of me. I can see it in your eyes.” I said as I helped him put on some comfortable hospital pajamas provided.

 “Yes I’m scared.” Kris answered as I help him button up the shirt. It’s rather hard to button up something when your one hand is attached to an IV.

 “You’ll be fine. Luhan is doing amazingly well and don’t tell him this but I used even more superior quality ingredients on your serum.” I said helping him sit down on the bed.

 “That’s very reassuring.” Kris mumbled.

 “Oppa.” I said. “what are you afraid of that will happen?”

“That I won’t wake up. That the serum might cause amnesia and I won’t remember you. That I might never be able to see you again. That I might die.”

 “No ‘that I might look ugly when I wake up?”

 “That too.”

 “Vain.” I teased and sat down on the bed holding on to his hand. “You will be fine. I will be here the entire time you’ll be asleep.”

 “You’re going to take advantage of me aren’t you?” Kris said but without his usual ignorant smirk.

 “Darn how did you found out.” I answered trying to look serious.

 He didn’t answer but looked out of the room at the staff preparing materials needed for the injection.

 “Isn’t it a bit much for just an injection?” Kris said.

 “Just for emergency purposes, not that we expect one.. Luhan experienced some arterial fibrillation but that was because the wolf virus has already attacked his heart yours is just fine.” I explained.

 Kris suddenly tug my hand and placed it on his chest right above his heart.

 “No it’s not” He said softly.

“Kris..” I said softly.

 “I know Flo. I know.” Kris said.

 “I’m sorry.. Gosh that sounds pathetic.” I mumble.

 “Yup.” He answered releasing my hand but I let it stay on that spot.

 “You might not believe this now but this heart. This one that I have unwittingly and unwilling broken will be restored by someone else. You have someone out there that is waiting maybe with her own heart hurting now too and thinking of how cruel this world is and how lonely she is.. You two will find each other Kris. Just believe.”

 We stay silent for a moment then Kris sighed then ruffled my hair.

“For a logical scientist you’re such a hopeless romantic.” Kris said and grinned. “Can I get a hug?”

 “You never have to ask wolf boy.” I said wrapping my arms around him. He had gone back to being warm after he recovered from the bullet wounds and change of power. “You’ll be fine.”

 “Can you stay until I fall asleep?” He asked letting me go.

 Before I can answer the doors open and all our friends came inside together with Lucy my assistant.

“We’re ready Lady Flo.” Lucy announced.

 “Alrighty. Say good night to Kris guys.” I said.

They all crowed around the bed and I slipped out before I get trampled by the bromance.

 “See you in a bit bro.” Luhan said placing a reassuring hand on Kris’s shoulder.

 “Yeah.” Kris said smiling but I can tell it was a bit forced.

 “Okay. All of you away from the bed.” I said. “let’s get this over with.”

 A Nurse strode over the bed side and pulled down a tube with a face mask attached to it from the side.

 “This won’t hurt one bit.” She said in a reassuring tone but Kris’s eyes suddenly filled with panic and looked straight at mine.

 He didn’t look menacing nor handsome right now.. He looked like one of those children from the White room .. Scared and lost. I let go of Kai’s hand that I was holding and went to his bed side.

 “Shuss Oppa.. It’ll be okay. It’s just to put you to sleep.” I said soothingly.

“Flo..” He said his voice shaking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter