Luhan the Furry Wolf

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's meet Ren!!

 

FLO POV

My mind reeled from what Luhan told me but I kept my face calm. I had heard enough things that can make your mind reel but this is different, this dude is my friend. It made it more real and scarier.

“So you morph into a furry wolf when it’s full moon?” I ask after a moment still in a calm voice.

“Heck No. I do not morph-thank god. But I have this instinct to last out-I’m in control most of the time but when I get angry it takes over and I sort of go wild. The last time was a disaster but after that I sort of felt normal. And my mark disappeared.” Luhan answers showing me his hand, something is stirring in my mind. I can’t grasp it yet, but I have a strange feeling I know something that can help Luhan.

“So you’re not a werewolf.” I said to him, he looked like he was about to object. “Hear me out Luhan, according to legend the true children of the moon involuntarily change into wolves when they see the full moon, do you do that?” I ask him. He shook his head to say no.  “So you’re not a werewolf, your something else. You just have wolf like characteristics. Besides I think the term werewolf has lost it true meaning ever since that dude with the six pack abs became famous”

“Jacob black?” Minny inserted.

“Oh so that’s he’s name.” I said nodding thoughtfully.

“Flo how can you be sure I’m not a werewolf?” Luhan asked.

I cocked my head thinking as to where I have read of Luhan’s abilities and strange history.

“I have an idea- “ But start to explain when an announcement sounded all over the school.

“All students please report to the auditorium. We will now hold the elimination contest.”

“The what?” I ask. I look at my watch, an hour and a half had only passed I felt it like it was an eternity.

“An elimination contest for the school fair. The winner gets the best spot and the loser gets the worst.” Chen explained.

“That sounds cool but is it necessary?” I asked.

“Nope but it’s fun. Last year we had an arm wrestling contest. We could have won if Umin hyung entered.” Beakhyun answered slapping Xuimin on the back.

“That’s strange.” I said and straighten up from my resting on Kai knees. “Let’s go I want to see if it can get stranger this year.”

“Wait, I just told you I am a werewolf and you’re not freaking out.” Luhan asked confused.

“Luhan you’re not a werewolf.” I answer as I try to stand up. Kai hauled me up. I smiled thanks to him. “And for the freaking out part, I had seen worst Luhan, don’t worry.” I said to him darkly.

“You’ve seen worse than him?”  XIumin asked.

“I have secrets too.” I answer cryptically dusting my skirt. I smiled at them. “We good?”

“Yeah we good.” Tao answered, the rest of them nodding.

“Cool, let’s go.” I said. I see Luhan helping Minny stand. I couldn’t help myself. “One more question Luhan.” He looked at me smiling openly.

“What?”

“What’s the real score between you two?” I ask him and pointed to Minny who had, as expected, gone red.

“Flo!” She exclaimed embarrassed. Luhan placed an arm over her shoulder, making her go red more, grinning.

“What? Luhan tells me he’s a wolf and you’re afraid to tell me you have a boyfriend?” I teased.

“Minny is special to me.” Luhan answered softly brushing away hair from her face. It looked so sweet that I wanted to scream but instead laughed at Minny’s red face.  My head throbbed in protest.

“Ow.” I said clutching it. Its past lunch and I forgot my medication.

“You okay?” Kai asked me, holding my elbow.

“Yeah, I forgot my meds, it’s in my bag.” I said rubbing my head.

“’I’ll go get it. What does it look like?” Sehun offered.

“It’s in a small pink plastic case labeled medicine.” I answer. “Can you bring my water bottle too? Thanks Sehun.”

“I’ll see you guys at the auditorium.” Sehun said and ran off.

“All right let’s go.” Tao said and walked back to the stairs.

We arrived at the auditorium and sat on the back. There were a couple of boards on the stage.  The principal got on the stage and started the program. If last year was a battle of muscle, this year it’s a battle of brains. The principal requested all the top students from each class to go up on stage. Everyone had a representative except ours; even our class rep did not want to volunteer. I can see the sneers and piety directed our way.

“we have never won once.” I said flatly.

“Don’t mind it. We don’t do much anyway.” Kai said besides me. The sneers grew more loudly as the principal asked for our representative.

“4-D, please come up on stage, this is your last call, if not you will be the one having the farthest spot.” The principal said. “4-D.”

“Here.” I said as I stand, walking to the stage, my classmates looked bewildered. I had average scores in all my exams since I made mistakes purposely. But I don’t like the comments thrown at us.

“Are you sure you can answer the questions nerd?” Jyo kee asked me as I climbed the stage.

“You know Nerd means a smart and I am a nerd.” I answer smiling at her.  I then faced the principal who looked worried; I winked at him to say it’ll be fine. I won’t blow my cover. “Florence Khan, 4-D sir.”

“Go to your place.” He said, still looking worried. I grinned broadly before walking to a white board. He looked surprised for a moment before smiling at me softly.

“For this year’s elimination, I will give a series of questions, please write your answer on the board. Wrong spelling is considered incorrect.” The principal said.

The questions were mostly easy, I have read them all or my parents have said it in passing. I passed first and second round easily. My normally flaccid classmates were on their feet cheering.  The last round is math.  I can smell victory.

The principal showed an equation I was very familiar with. It’s one of the first ones I mastered. I yawned to mock Jyo kee and started to solve the equation, reminding myself to use the calculator provided. I finished after a few minutes later way ahead of my fellow contestants. One of the judges examined my answer and raised a white flag. Cheers erupted from my class.

The last question is another equation I know well. I hummed as I answer it.  

“The winner for this elimination contest is 4-D.” the principal announced. I grin happily at my classmates.

I walk down from my stage to be tackled into a hug by Minny.

“Ow, ow, Minny my arm.” I said gently as I tried to shift into a more comfortable position. I grin at her who is clapping happily. My shoulder throb in pain and I grimaced. The pain that adrenaline had pushed back came flooding in waves. I clutch my head trying to play it down.

“Okay clear up.” Kai ordered to the crowd and made me sit down. I smiled at him thankfully.  Sehun handed me my medicine case and I gratefully drank it, my hand shaking in suppressing the pain.

“You okay?” Kai asked me, he leaned to touch my forehead, making heat rush to my face.

“Yeah. The pain killer is kicking in.” I answer as the pain start to lessen.

“You were amazing!” Minny exclaimed. 

“Now what will we do with what we won.” Suho asked.

“We’ll think of something.” I answer.

“Thank you Florence.” Our class rep said to me smiling.

“You were great.” Another voice said, we all look at Min-ho who is smiling at me. “You have been hiding that intellect of yours, Florence.”

“Thanks.” I answer cocking my head at him in question. The prince doesn’t usually talk to our class, much well acknowledge our existence.

He was about to answer when I felt my phone rang. I answered it without looking at the number.

“Hey Fluffy guess where I am.” Ren’s voice said.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“I’m picking you up.” He answered.

“I can walk home just fine.” I protested.

“I’m worried about you.” He answered, I can hear the purr of his car in the background.

“But-“

“See you in five.” He said and ended the call. I sighed and moved to stand up.

“I need to go guys. My brother’s picking me up.” I said.

“You have a brother?” Minny asked, I never told anyone. I smiled at her.

“Can we go outside? I need to get my bag first.” I said. The students we celebrating since we had an early dismissal.

“Sure. Let’s go.” Kai said and helped me up. I smile at Min-ho who waved goodbye.

After retrieving my bag we waited for my brother in front of the school. I insisted I can wait just fine but they were curious.

“You never told us you had a brother, in fact you never mention your family.” Chen said.

“You guys finally noticed eh.” I said munching on the chocolate happily. Kai gave me a bag and it seems that chocolate helps me with the pain more than the medication do. “I’ll explain why, but for now don’t get intimated by my brother.” I said.

“Why?”  Tao asked.        

“He’s a bit of a bear when it comes to me.” I said and pointed to a red sports car entering the school. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and stared. Who wouldn’t, you don’t get to see a Ferrari every day. It stopped in front of us and the driver got out. I can hear the screams of delight from the whole school. Maybe he does look like a Kpop star.

My brother smiled when he saw me waiting for him. He’s a head taller than me with blonde hair and brown eyes, chiseled features that belonged to a model.

“Fluffy!” He said happily. I cringed at the name when I remembered Kai’s threat. I can hear the suppressed laughter from my friends especially from him.

“Please don’t call me that. It sounds like a dog’s name.” I complain.

“You used to like it when we were kids.” He said stopping in front of me.

“magic word-used to.” I answer.

“Who are these?” my brother asked looking at my friends.

“My friends, guys my brother Ren.” I said sweep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter