Over Rated Clichés

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

“And that ladies and gentlemen is an English phone booth.” Aiden said waving his hand in with a flourish and an exaggerated accent earning laughs from Minny and Julie.

“Yeopoda!”Tao screeched running towards it waving his phone like a weapon. He grabbed Sehun with him and made the younger one take pictures.

“Hey get inside! We might be able to go to the Ministry of Magic!” Beakhyun said pulling Tao out of the booth and dialling the phone excitedly.

The rest of us chuckled as he pouted when nothing happened.

“Beak you have been watching too much Harry Potter.” I mused.

“It’s not real?” Chanyeol asked also pouting.

“You guys are using the wrong phone booth. “Julie said with a grin.

“That one doesn’t lead to the Ministry of Magic.” Aiden said.

“Come one let’s go find the right one.”

“You two don’t encourage their delusions.” I sighed.

“Let them have fun.” Kai said beside me grinning at our friend’s antics.

“Don’t be a mom.”

“Am I?” I asked with a frown.

“Yup.” My boyfriend answered uncurling his index finger and placed it on my forehead smoothing out my frown. “But still adorable.”

“Biased.”

“Of course I am but only for you.”

“Bah!” I exclaimed. “Stop messing my hair already.”

“Adorable.” Kai said leaning down to kiss my temple but instead of his lips I felt a hand on my head pulling me away.

“Flo I want a picture with that statue!” Chanyeol demanded pulling me away.

“Woah!” I exclaimed as I stagger away from Kai.

“Come on let’s go!” Chen said putting himself between Kai and I making me let go of Kai’s hand.

“What’s that Statue’s name? Where are we?” DO asked pushing me from behind.

“Come on Flo.” Lay said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the said statue.

“Where are we?” DO asked again.

“Piccadilly Circus.” I answered looking back to see Kai just watching us silently. I saw the mist that formed when he breathed out so he must have sighed. He looked at his hand sadly and the mist again. “Oppa! Come on!”

“Coming.” He answered looking up and flashed me a smile that looked way forced.

“Can we wait for Kai?” I asked still looking back and predictably tripped. “Woah.”

“Got you.” DO said pulling me back by encircling his arms around my waist. “Wow Flo you really have a small waist.”

“DO that tickles. Let me go.” I complained squirming. “Yah! Stop!”

Chanyeol and Beakhyun had joined the tickle Florence party.

“Guys!!” I whined. “We’re in the middle of a public square for freaking out loud.”

Chen joined in the fun.

“Oppa help me.” I called out loud and saw Kai was collared by Luhan and Tao.

“You guys are being ridiculous.”

“This is a friend’s day out not a day for you two.” Chanyeol said towing me towards the Statue of Eros.

I have learned that arguing with them was futile so I let them drag me and willing posed. My eyes strayed to Kai once in a while. Our eyes met and he smiled and shrugged. I smiled back as a plan formed in my head.

When we had enough pictures to satisfy everyone I slipped away from them and went to Kai who was watching us with a bemused smile.

“You okay Oppa? Tao has a mean choking arm.” I asked after kissing his cheek.

“I had worst.” He answered eyeing me.

“Oh?” I said widening my eyes and pouting.

He sighed, wrapped his arms around me from behind and placed his chin on the top of my head.

“Are you emphasizing how short I am?” I complained.

“Actually I’m pretending I didn’t see your pout and I’m resisting the urge to kiss you since our audience won’t like it very much.” Kai answered pulling me closer. “We have such jealous friends.”

“Were you guys that hard on Luhan?”I asked leaning into his warmth.

Kai chuckled and placed a kiss on the back of my head. Our jealous friends were still busy crowding at the camera.

“Now that you mentioned it. Yes we were. I was one of the hardest on him.” Kai answered.

“Karma is a darling.” I teased and giggled when I heard his groan of protest.

“The statue is so pretty! I want a picture! Yeopoda!” Tao screeched running towards again.

“Zitao! Do you plan on dying?!” Kris bellowed pulling him back by the collar as a bus passed by. “Look where you going!”

“Guys please remember that the roads here are on opposite sides.” Julie said.

 “Kris can you be gentler with our panda?”

“Hyung I’m a panda. I’m endangered. Handle me with care.” Tao complained but let Kris drag him back to the group.

I suddenly realized that now would be the perfect time to do my plan.

“We should go.” I said grinning.

“Back to them?” Kai asked and I can feel his disappointment.

“Nope.” I answered gently prying his arms off my waist and turned us around fast. “Come on.”

“Where?” He asked confused as I started to tug him away from our loud friends who were still laughing at Tao and Kris.

“Just come on Oppa. Hurry.” I said now beaming as we crossed the street.

“Where are we going? And why are we running?” Kai asked still with the confused tone. I look back to see our friends disappear as Kai and I were swallowed up by the crowd of tourist.

“We’re running because my Jagiya we are ditching our friends.” I said stopping as we hid behind a poster. “I had enough of them for a bit don’t you think?”

“Umm yeah. But won’t they get worried?” Kai asked panting.

“Now texting Min and Julie.” I said pulling out my phone to do so.

“Where are we going then?” Kai asked after I stowed my phone back in my purse.

“Anywhere. How about I take you to some of my favourite places in London?” I answer.

“Well then we better hurry because I think I hear Kris’s voice calling.” Kai answered.

“Where shall we go?”I ask looking around then beamed again as a bus stopped in front of us. “Just in time. Let’s go Oppa.”

“You’re crazy and I love you.” Kai said laughing as we went inside the bus and scrambled up on the second deck.

“They’re going to be pissed you know” Kai said after a moment as we watch Kris, Suho and Lay look for us.

“Well I’m a bit pissed at them too.” I answer.

“Why?” Kai asked as we sat down as the bus started to move.

“They keep making me let go of your hand. My hand is cold.” I said pouting.

“Stop pouting.” Kai grumbled but grabbed my hand and entwined his in it.

“Why?” I asked doing the exact opposite.

“I’m ignoring you.” He said looking away from me with a slight blush on his face.

“Too adorable.” I squealed ruffling his hair.

“Yah!” He complained catching both of my wrists. “Behave.”

My lower lip jaunted out since I have been having that habit for a while and sometimes it was unconsciously done. I heard Kai sigh before pulling me towards him kissing me. He stopped when my hands went to his hair.

“We’re in public.” He mused but didn’t let go of my waist.

“I keep forgetting that.” I said smiling.

“Behave.” He repeated letting me go except for my hand.

“You’re no fun.” I complain grinning leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Someone has to be an adult.” Kai answered kissing the top of my head.

“Where are we going by the way?”

“Kew gardens. I want to see some sunflowers.” I reply.

An hour later my hair was now a mess with the wind blowing at it. Kai had to take a picture, laughed at my face then let me borrow his hat.

“This garden is huge!!”He exclaimed as we got inside. “Beautiful.”

“Mom and dad used to take Ren and me here when we were kids.” I said pulling him towards a huge map. “Since it is huge I think we can only go to a few gardens. Pick two Oppa.”

“What’s this tree top walk way?” He asked.

“Hmm. That’s new. I think it’s a glass or plastic walkway among the trees a few meters up.” I answered.

“Can we bring Luhan there?” Kai asked with a wicked glimmer in his eyes.

 “We can ask Minny to stay at the other side and make Luhan walk to her.”

“Bad Oppa.” I said laughing as I imagine Luhan begging for mercy like a girl.

“Hey I’m way nicer compared to you. You wanted to dangle him from a helicopter.” Kai answered snickering.

“Okay let us not be mean.” I said. “So after the TreeTop Walk Way where do you want to go?”

“Ummm.. This one. How do you read this?” He asked scrunching his face. “Princess of Wales Ko.. Kon.. Con.. Ser..Ba’try? Konserbatrie?”

“Con-Ser-Va-Tory.” I answered smiling.

“Conserbatory?” Kai asked hopefully.

“Close Oppa. Just the “Va” part.” I said.

“Conservatory?” He repeated.

“Oh that was perfect. 10 points of Kim Jong In!” I said clapping at his gleeful face. “You’re trying so hard. I’m proud of you Yeobo.”

“Of course. What if we live here?” He answered grinning wrapping an arm on my waist. I practically glowed at his statement. “How will I hook up with those pretty English girls with to die for accents when I can’t even talk to them?”

My head snapped at him shocked making him laugh at me hard.

“You should see your face.” Kai said huffing with laughter.

“y-Yah!” I complained pushing him away and crossing my arms.

“I was just joking.” Kai said but still chuckling.

“I hate you.” I answered frowning.

“Aww my Jagiya is so adorable when she’s mad.” Kai teased poking my forehead. I swatted his hand away. “bu bu bu. Don’t be mad my love.”

“Yah!” I complained again as he wraps his hands around me. “Don’t touch me! Go to those stupid English girls.”

“I have right here.” Kai answered still grinning.

“I’m Korean.” I spat.

“Even better.”

“I hate you.”

“No you don’t. You love me.”

“I don’t right now.”

“You find me adorable.”

“I do not.”

“You find me y.”

“I do- Kai!” I exclaimed when he kissed my jaw softly.

“Admit it you do find me y.” He said softly and smirked.

“I- I-” I said looking around my brain for the lever to talk properly but apparently my brain was still rebooting from the overload it had with my boyfriend’s hell-of-a-y-should-not-to-be-seen-in-public smirk. “Why?”

“Am I doing this to you?” Kai drawled pulling away a few inches letting me breathe still wearing the should-be-considered-illegal smirk. “Revenge. Payback. I warned you.”

He smiled as I looked at him still a bit dazed. Then something clicked.

“You purposefully made yourself look pitiful so I will ditch our friends didn’t you.” I accused.

“Tsk. I thought you’ll find out earlier.” Kai said flicking my forehead and kissing it after.

“Are you sure you’re a genius?”

“How can you come up with something like this?”

“I have a genius for a girlfriend. She sometimes rubs it on me.” He said.

“But you just revealed your intentions so this just it?”

“Yup.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Flo I don’t go around plotting revenge and do you seriously think I can come up with something that can fool you in such a short span of time?”

“Of course you can!”

“Tsk.” He said. “You’re too biased to give an opinion about me Jagiya.”

“So this is your revenge?”

“You sound disappointed.”

“A bit.” I answered biting my lip only half believing him.

He chuckled and leaned down to kiss me softly.

“Now can we go see some sunflowers?” He asked with the sweet smile we both know I can handle without going into an awestruck daze.

We went to the Treetop Walkway first. We had loads of fun plotting Luhan’s torture there which I’m very sure Minny will be more then game to participate in. I think I might have rubbed off some of my less than stellar qualities on my best friend.

We find ourselves roaming around the Princess of Wales Conservatory a few minutes later.

“You know Oppa..” I said looking around the huge glass house.

“Hmm?” Kai asked.

“This place sort of is like my happy place.” I said in a soft voice. Psychologist at the Institute have asked me a dozen times to describe my happy place but I can’t without feeling scared and depressed at the same time.

“Your happy place?” Kai asked cocking his head to the side.

“When I go in catatonia...” I stopped and took a deep breathe.

“Flo are you okay?” Kai asked stopping and making me sit on a secluded bench.

 “What’s wrong?”

“The psych doctors told me that it will be better if I tell someone what I do when I go in a trance... Where do I go?”

“Yeobo your shaking.” kai said concerned my face.

 “Flo you don’t need to tell me anything now.”

“Better you then those analysing doctors” I squeaked.

“Take your time then.” Kai said sitting beside me and pulled me close.

I calmed down a few moments later. Who needs a relaxant when I have Kai. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes trying to make myself consciously go to my happy place but all I can conjure in my mind were shattered glass.

“It’s gone...” I mused.

“Hmm?” Kai asked still rubbing my back comfortingly.

“Oppa it’s gone.” I said looking up at Kai. “My happy place is gone.”

“Can you explain?” Kai asked softly. “Only if you can. It can wait another day if you can’t.”

“I think I can, just don’t let me go.” I said smiling softly. “I might break.”

“You don’t even have to ask.” Kai answered with a warm smile making my heart skip a beat.

“When I’m scared, when I can’t take it anymore I shut down... When that happens the larger part of my consciousness goes to the shielded part of my brain leaving the part that is like a robot, no emotions what so ever behind to face the world. That place I call in a cliché name ‘my happy place.” I said taking a steadying breath.

“You can stop whenever you want love.” Kai said softly. I smiled and kiss his cheek.

“I think I should go on.. I’ll feel much better after.” I said. “That place... Looks like this one.”

“A glass house?”

“No... It was a field of sunflowers and cherry blossoms. There was this strange glass sky that looked like it was shielding dark ominous clouds away from my garden. And it was warm...”

“Sunflowers and cherry blossoms?”

“Like those.” I answered pointing to a large patch of sunflowers. “They’re so pretty... And I’ve always been attracted to anything associated with warmth since I get so cold easily. One of your plus points Oppa. You’re always warm.”

Kai just smiled at me.

“And not it’s gone. My happy place, my glass garden is gone. Shattered, Never to be seen again.”

“Really? Why?”

“I don’t know.. It might be that my brain has decided it has no use for it anymore. I found somewhere safer.”

“Where?”

“Right here.” I answered smiling as I wrap my arms around him.

Kai didn't anything for a few seconds then the warm sunny smile I have always loved made an appearance.

“Dang that was cheesy.” he said.

“I learn from the best.”

“Your brain is right. It doesn't need that happy place anymore. You have nothing to be afraid of anymore Flo.”

“I know. I just feel a bit sad that’s it’s gone... It’s like I have no back up anymore. Like I’m doing trapeze without the safety net.”

“You have me.”

“Cheesy.”

“But you love it.”

“Yes I do.”

We just sat there in compatible silence just enjoying the flowers and each other’s warmth- well I was enjoying the warmth Kai was providing.

“Think you can walk?” Kai asked a few minutes later.

“Yup.” I answered standing. “Come on. We have more places to go.”

“Are you actually well?”

“I feel way better.” I answered pulling him up. “Thank you for being here Oppa. What am I going to do without you?”

“What am I going to do with you.” Kai answered grinning. He wrapped me in his arms. “Have I told you I love you today?”

“Numerous times but reminders are always welcomed.” I answered hooking my arms on his neck.

“I love you.” Kai said the conviction in his voice so firm. My heart beat stuttered as he smiled.

“I love you too.” I answered looking down blushing at the intensity of his stare. “Come on let’s go.”

An hour and one lazy scenic Tram ride later we found ourselves in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter