The School Fair Day 2 Part 2

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

“You guys ready?” I asked them.

“I’m nervous.” Suho said.

“You’ll do fine.” I answered.

“I’m really nervous.” Suho said.

“Omma. You’ll be fine. Just think your back at the studio. Nobody is watching. You’re just dancing for the dancing sake not for anyone else.” I said in my most soothing voice.

“Just remember Florence screaming at you Suho if you’re scared.” Sehun said grinning totally at ease.

“That can work.” Suho answered.

“Great.” I said rolling my eyes. I heard the vice president of the student government ending her speech. “Okay guys places.” I order them as a microphone was handed to me. They started to walk away looking very nervous. “wait come back here. Everyone. Minny.” I called out.

I held out my hand.

“Show circle guys.” I said grinning. They went back and place their hands on top of mine. “I have saying this since we started everything but I believe all of you are amazing people and we can win but for now don’t think about winning. Think about enjoying this. Enjoy the stage. Enjoy the performance. Enjoy the applause.” I smiled at all of them. “I love you all.” I add.

“Were the best.” Minny said.

“That trophy is ours.” Kris said.

“One, two, three!” I said.

“Ahhhooooo!” they chorused as we broke the show circle.

“Go break a leg my wolves!” I said as they walked away this time looking confident. Pep talks do wonders. “Good luck princess.” I said to Minny giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks. Good luck too Flo.” Minny said and walked to her designated place.

“Flo you’re live in 60 seconds.” A production crew said to me.

“Got it.” I said and walked to the wings of the stage where I can see everything.

The boys were in position. A big curtain separated them from the audience. Luhan was beside me. Minny on the other side with one of our classmates. I flash her a thumbs up sign. She smiled back and waved.

“Ready Luhan?” I said as the main production head signaled 10 seconds.

“Yup.” He answered grinning at me.

“5-4-3-2-1. Music.” Someone said and soft music played that was my cue.

“The land of the wolves is a dangerous place; few have returned from it with their sanity still the same. This is the reason why no one has succeeded with the quest the princess has declared. She is losing hope. Her father is getting worse as the days passed. If she didn’t do something her step mother will overtake the whole kingdom.” I read the script on my tablet and watched as Minny walked on the stage purposefully, a determined look on her face.

“Princess you can’t go!” one of her maids in waiting wailed after her.

“Enough. Father needs the fruit from that wretched tree and no one has been able to get. I’ll go find it myself.” She said waving her companion away. Wow Minny is amazing.

“But princess! It’s dangerous! The place is a waste land.” Her maid said.

“This place will also be one if I don’t do anything. Get my horse ready.” She commanded.

“But-“

“Now!” she said in a loud voice.

The lights went out. My second cue.

“And do the princess went off to the land of the wolves fully knowing the perils she will face but she didn’t expect one thing to happen. Her horse had collapsed from exhaustion.” I said. “She was lost and distraught when suddenly..”

The lights went back on and Minny was slumped on the ground crying. Luhan was walking towards her.

“Are you okay?” He asked in a soft voice. Minny looked up.

“Who are you?!” She said scampering back weakly.

“Please I won’t hurt you.” Luhan said holding out his arms. “Let me help you.” He said gathering Minny in his arms and brushing away strands of hair from her face. “You’re hurt.”

“You’re the first human I have encountered here.” Minny said leaning into Luhan.

“You shouldn’t have come here princess. These are dangerous lands.” He said in a dark tone.

“My father needs my help. Please do you know about the legendary tree?” Minny asked. “My father needs one of its fruits to heal his illness.”

“I have heard of it.”

“Please lead me to it and I will give you anything you want.”

“I can’t.”

“Please.” Minny begged tears streaming from her eyes and Luhan looked so pained. Both of them were really into the story. Luhan’s face hardened into a determined expression.

“Alright let’s go.” He said and helped Minny up. The lights went out again. I can see the audience was captivated.

“The princess and the strange boy journeyed to the tree. When they reached it she was ecstatic but suddenly howls can be heard in the distance and to her horror the wolves have appeared.  But they aren’t ordinary wolves in fact they were not wolves at all but 12 boys.  12 ethereally handsome boys.” I said.

The curtain parted. A single back light illuminated the boys. Minny was at the side slowly backing away looking horrified.

“The princess cannot believe it but the boy she was with the whole time. The one that had mysteriously help her.. was one of them. She was tricked and now she was trapped. She will now meet the legendary wolves.” I said as Minny disappears on the other side and the music started.

The boys started to move.

The cheers from the crowd were getting louder.

They all looked so fluid and menacing at the same time. I’m happy they had embraced the idea of being a wolf.

The music stopped and the curtains closed. There was a general uproar from the crowd. Everyone was standing on their feet clapping. I can see Taemin, Key, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun cheering wildly.

The curtains opened again.

“You tricked me!” Minny screamed at Luhan while the rest of the boys watched with impassive faces.

“Princess please I can explain.” Luhan said gently and moved towards her slowly.

“Please let me go. My father and my kingdom need me. Please I just need one fruit.” Minny begged kneeling on the floor.

“Do you see any fruit on the tree little girl?” Kris asked in a harsh tone. I can see Luhan immediately stiffen but Minny flashed him a warning look. Kris was just acting out his role.

“No.. but they’re magical. They must be invisible.” Minny answered.

“There is no fruit. There is no tree.” Kris said in a cold tone.

“But but…” Minny said starting to cry.

“Princess I can still help you.” Luhan said.

“How?! By tricking me again?!” Minny said angrily.

“There is a tree but you people got it all wrong. The tree is our home and it’s not the fruit who has powers it is us who has the powers. I can give you what you need.” Luhan said softly to her.

“You can?” Minny said eyes shining.

“yes.” Luhan said looking sad.

“Please.” Minny begged.

“Ji-hyun no.” Kai said moving towards them.

“Please I just need a cure for my father.” Minny said.

“You know the consequences of what you are about to do Ji-hyun.” Kris said. “To let you know little girl he’ll have to die to grant your request. You can ask us wealth, fame and power and we can give you that without anything happening but to heal someone we need to give up our life force. Your father is a very sick man. It will consume everything Ji-hyun has.”

“What?” Minny said.

“I don’t mind. I just want to see you smile again Princess.” Luhan said Minny’s cheek.

“No…”Minny said halfheartedly.

“ji-hyun no!” Kai shouted as Luhan clutched his heart.

“Ji-hyun?! Ji-hyun no!” Minny screamed as Luhan slumped to the ground eyes closed. He was clutching an apple on one hand.”Ji-hyun! Why?” Minny said pulling Luhan’s head on her lap.

“I love you Princess.” Luhan said reaching up to touch Minny’s cheek which was wet from tears. “Let your father eat this, he’ll get well and you’ll smile again.” He said weakly placing the apple on Minnys hand. I blink my eyes. Darn it they were good. I was getting carried away.

“No no no!” Minny screamed as Luhan closed his eyes and his hand dropped to the ground. “Lu-“ Minny almost said Luhan’s name but stopped. “Ji-hyun please. No. please come back.”

“He’s gone now. I can’t believe he fell in love with a human.” D.O. said.

“Leave. Before we change our minds and never you let you out alive.” Kris said to Minny.

“I-I-I..” Minny said not moving away from Luhan.

“I said leave!” Kris said angrily.

Minny didn’t move and Kris walked towards her menacingly. I felt the crowd gasp in anticipation.

“Stop.” I said to the microphone.

They all stopped moving. Minny looked confused and the boys look impassive again.

“It’s her.” Kai said.

“Who?” Minny asked looking around.

“The one who cursed us with these powers.” Kris said bitterly.

I laughed as part of the script. An image of a shadowed lady appeared on the screen behind them.

“Hello my wolves. Hello princess.” I said injecting as much coldness as I can into my voice.

“Who are you?!” Minny demanded.

“I’m the guardian of the tree and those boys are my pets. I see one has finally left me.” I said.

“You cursed them?!” Minny screamed angrily.

“It’s their punishment for destroying my home a long time ago.” I answered. The shadowed lady floated creepily on the screen.

“You’re cruel!” Minny said.

“Maybe I am but I’m not entirely cold hearted princess. I always reward such selfless deeds.” I said. “I see Ji-hyun has done it out of love for you. Your request was also done with love for your father. You have travelled such dangerous lands for him and for your kingdom, I admire you. It’s been a long time since I have seen such a deed for that I will give you a gift your heart is screaming for.”

Glitters started to fall gently on the spot where Minny was clutching Luhan. From my point of view it looked magical.

“Ji-hyun has proven his heart to me. I lift off the curse from him.” I said. Luhan slowly opened his eyes.

“Ji-hyun!” Minny exclaimed hugging the boy.

“Princess. What happened?” He asked looking around. He then saw the picture of the lady and the boys, he immediately moved in front of Minny. “Don’t hurt her.” He said.

“Peace my dear boy.” I said. “You’re free now.” I said softly.

“What?” Luhan asked confused.

“You’re free of the cruse Ji-hyun. She lifted it off you when you gave the princess what she asked for.” Kris said.

“What about you” Luhan asked him.

“We’re still the same.” Kris answered and smiled sadly at Luhan. “Congratulations brother.”

“But-“

“You two need to leave now before the sun sets.” I said to them. “Go now.” I ordered.

“But what about them?” Luhan asked.

“Their time will come my dear Ji-hyun. For now you need to leave. The Princess’ father is getting worse as we talk.” I said.

“Father? No!” Minny said pulling Ji-hyun up. “We need to leave.”

“But-“

“Go Ji-hyun.” Suho said. “the princess needs you to protect her on the journey back to her kingdom.”

“I’ll come back for all of you. I’ll find a way. You lady will see me again!” ji-hyun said as he and Minny ran towards the side of the stage leaving the rest of the boys behind.

“I’ll be waiting..” I said and laughed as the image of the lady disappeared and the lights and curtains closed.

Another round of applause from the crowd. The boys ran towards me smiling.

I took a deep breath.

“The princess reached her father in time and he was healed. Ji-hyun and she were married shortly after in a grand celebration. Ji-hyun tried coming back to his brothers but he never found the tree again. Why? Because I moved it.” I said and laughed softly. “I’m the guardian of the tree. My wolves can grant you anything you want. Do you dare come and meet them?” I paused. “I’ll be waiting.”

There was silence then all the lights were and the curtains parted.

“Go soak in your applause guys.” I said to the boys pushing them back to the stage. They walked to the center as the crowd went wild cheering for them.

“Ladies and gentle men Class D!” The host of the variety show said sweeping his hand towards my classmates. The crowd did not stop clapping. “That was an amazing performance. Such a story line! They have set the bar up high for the rest of the contestants.” He said also clapping. “I should go find the tree and ask for true love, but I think I’m in love with the guardian’s voice. Where is she?” the host asked.

Everyone turned towards the spot where I was standing but I was already inside the back stage watching from the television inside.

“She’s one of our classmates sir.” Suho said taking a microphone.

“really? Tell her my radio station is open for her.” The host said chuckling. “Another round of applause to the wolves and their princess. Class D everyone!”

“Thank you!” Everyone said and bowed.

Everyone walked off the stage and into the back.

“Flo!” Minny said running to me.

“You were fabulous!” I exclaimed hugging her. “Are you okay?” I asked wiping her cheek.

“I never felt more better!” Minny said hugging me back.

“Sorry if I talked a bit harshly to you Min.” Kris said to Min.

“You were just acting your part.” Minny answered.

“Luhan you were amazing!” I said to Luhan.

“Thanks Flo.” He said handing Minny a bottle of water.

“All of you were amazing!” I said to everyone.

“You were amazing too. You just got compliment by the host.” Kai said.

“Thanks you guys were better! Did you see how everyone was screaming? You will surely have fans after this.” I said clapping my hands happily.

“In love with anyone now Flo?” Chen asked.

“Oh my heart is in turmoil.” I answered. “you guys were just captivating. I’m so proud of all of you.” I add.

“We couldn’t have done it without you.” Kai said putting an arm on my waist.

“It all thanks to you Flo.” Sehun said putting an arm on my shoulder.

“Oh give yourself some credit. It was you who danced. It was Minny who acted.” I said laughing. “I prefer to be the unknown mastermind.”

“That was an amazing show Flo.” Someone said behind us.

I turned around to see Minho and his band.

“Hey Minho. Nice hair.” I said.

“Thanks.” Minho said running his hand through his blonde hair. “I heard you like blondes.” he said grinning.

“That I do.” I said smiling at Kai. “And people with pink hair and brown hair and multi-colored hair heck I even like bald people.” I said laughing.

“Crazy Flo.” Sehun said.

“Good luck with your performance Minho.” I said.

“Thanks we need all the luck we can get with you setting up the standard so high.” He said waving good bye. “See you at the party.”

“Why can’t be the rest of the class A be like him?” I mused as some class A glared at me. I met their glares head on.

“Don’t waste your breathe hopping on the Flo.” Luhan said.

“I know. Come on you guys need to change. You’re all sweaty.” I said and scrunch up my nose. “We can watch the rest of show with Taemin and the others.”

“They’re here?” Lay asked.

“Yup. They were up front. Didn’t you see them?” I asked.

“I think I saw them.” Chanyeol answered.

“Come on now.” I said leading them to back to the dressing area.

+++

“Here come the wolves!” Minho said seeing us approaching.

“You guys were awesome!” Key said slapping Chen on the back.

“Thanks guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter