The School Fair Day 1 Part 2

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

“Flo someone has reached the tree.” Class rep said via my headset.

“That’s great!” I said as I helped one of my classmates move his equipment. That was the key of our maze booth. Nobody can memorize it since we move the people inside. I had nicknamed my classmates inside the GC-game characters. Lame I know.

“Can you come here? He’s looking for you.” Class rep said.

“Who?” I asked.

“The one who reached the tree.” Class rep said and laughed.

“Not again.” I complain as I put down my classmates things. “Sorry Jung Soo. Class rep needs me at the tree.”

“Another one of your fans Flo? Go ahead I’m all set anyway.” My classmate answered shooing me away.

I inspected the maze along the way and my classmates waved from their respective places. They seem to be enjoying themselves. Kris has made an amazing floor plan that can be changed every batch. I’m impressed.

“Flo. Where are you?” Jess asked via my radio. “The latest winner wants something from you.”

“I know. I’m just around the corner.” I answered.

“And he’s handsome.” Jess adds giggling.  I chuckle at her excited tone as I round the corner to the tree.

“Flo!” Jess called me and waved.

“Hi. So how can I help?” I asked her. “Where’s our winner?” I asked looking around.

“I’m here.” A familiar voice said and I looked back.

“Taemin-sshi! You tired our booth?” I exclaimed.

“Yup. It was cool Florence.” Taemin answered smiling.

“Please call me Flo. My name is a bit of a mouthful to you Koreans.” I answered grinning.

“Okay Flo.” He said.

“So what are you asking for from the tree?” I asked him.

“Umm excuse Flo can you two discuss it outside? We need to move so that the next batch can enter the maze.” Class rep said.

“Sure. I can use a drink anyway.” I said. “Let’s go out Taemin-sshi.”

“Let’s go.” He said and offered his arm.

“Thank you my dear sir.” I said and linked my arm through his.

“Any time my lady.” Taemin answered and we both laughed as we went out.

“Here’s our winner!” Minho said and pointed to Taemin. “He’s with Florence.” He adds when he saw me.

“Hi guys. Did you enjoy the fair?” I ask the five of them.

“Yeah. Your fair is nice. You should come to our school when we have ours.” Key said.

“Where are the boys? I know Minny is at the front.” I asked looking around.

“They’re also at the front.” Onew said.

 “I was going to get a drink and they don’t like me going around alone.” I mused.

“Oh we can come with you.” Jonghyun said.

“Come on we can kidnap you now when you’re alone.” Key said and placed an arm on my shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“You know this isn’t kidnapping.” I said as we walked to the front.

“Why?” Taemin said beside me.

“Because I’m coming with you voluntarily.” I answered.

“Hey where are you taking her?” D.O. demanded seeing us.

“We’re kidnapping her.” Key said and walked faster hauling me with him while I started to laugh.

“Hey!” Kai said as Key and Taemin literally dragged me away.

“That was fun.” I said as we stop at the food part of the fair. “Oh my! This smells amazing.” I said as my stomach rumbled. I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast, that small sandwich I ate at lunch doesn’t count.

“There is a great stall that sells gimbap.” Jonghyun said.

We were about to walk to it when my phone rang. It was Kai calling.

“Hi Kai.” I said cheerfully.

“Where did those 5 rascals take you?” He demanded and I can hear at the background the boys grumbling.

“We-“ I was about to say where we were when Minho grabbed my phone.

“Hostages don’t talk.” He said grinning and placed the phone on his ear. “Hello.” He said and suddenly pulled away the phone from his ear and flinched at the loud voices coming out of it. He waited for a few seconds before placing the phone back to his ear more gingerly.

“You guys bleed my eardrums. Florence is fine. She’s with us we’re just going to grab something to eat.” Minho said grinning. Key took my phone from Minho.

“Were taking her with us.” He said teasingly and held the phone away from his ear as the loud voices erupted from it.

“Guys that’s enough teasing your friends.” I said and held out my hand for my phone. Key placed it back on my hand and I put it on my ear. “Hello? Who am I talking too?” I asked.

“FLO! Where are you?!” Kai demanded.

“Calm down.” I said.

“Where are you?” He asked again.

“I’m at the food section. We’re just going to buy some food and go back there.” I said soothingly.

“I’m coming there.” he said.

“You don’t have too. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I said.

“But-“ he protested.

“I’m fine. See you in a few minutes.” I said and ended the call before he can protest. “Come on guys lets go buy food and come back.”

“Can’t we go around first?” Onew asked as we walked to the gimbap store.

“We can go later. In a few minutes the booth will be closing anyway. My class needs me to help them.” I said as we brought food and drinks.

“They worry about you too much.” Taemin said as he took the bag of food I brought and carried it.

“I know.” I answered smiling softly realizing why they were so frantic looking for me and adamantly insisting that I don’t get out of their sight. I have such adorable friends. “Come let’s go back.” I said and lead the way back to the booth.

“Flo!” Sehun shouted when he saw me walking towards them.

“Hi. I brought everyone drinks.” I said as they circled around me.

“Never do that again.” Kai was saying to Taemin who nod. He seemed to understand that Kai was serious.

“Flo where did you go?” Kris asked.

“I was thirsty.” I answered handing him a bottle of iced tea.

“You should have asked one of us to accompany you.” Suho said.

“Sorry mother. Won’t do it again.” I said putting on my puppy dog face.

“You know we will worry you silly girl.” Kris said.

“I know I know. I’m sorry.” I repeated to them as they took the drinks.

“Thanks Flo.” Luhan said. “I’ll take one to Minny.” He adds and ran off to his princes-girlfriend.

“Sorry ‘bout that Flo.” Key said and hooked me under his arm. “Sorry for making you worry guys. We just wanted to talk to Flo.” He said.

“You can talk to her here.” Kai said frowning.

“You have her here all the time, we have her only today.” Minho said and placed an arm from my other side.

“Okay no fighting.” I said spreading my arms. “Why don’t we wait for the booth to close then we can all go around together. Okay?” I said looking at them. “Okay?” I asked since nobody answered.

“Fine.” Suho said and the rest nod in agreement.

“Okay. Everyone happy. Yey!” I said and clapped my hands sarcastically.

“You know Flo I still haven’t claimed my prize from your booth.”Taemin said.

“Oh right. You were our 7th winner..” I said as I tried to open my iced tea bottle. It was slippery. Kai took it from my hands and opened it himself. “Thanks Kai.” I said as he hands it back to me slowly. “Hey! That’s mine!” I complain as he withdraws it suddenly and took a big chug. It left only half of the contents. He was grinning as he hands it to me. “Bully.” I mumbled as I sipped the juice.

“I think I know what I want.” Taemin said.

“Don’t ask for the moon Taemin-sshi.” I said grinning.

“Flo what will I do with the moon?” Taemin asked distracted.

“I dunno. We can space walk on it and find the man on the moon.” I answered. “Or maybe find a decepticon on the dark side of the moon.” I add.

“You’re crazy.” Minho said as they all laugh.

“Maybe I am.” I answered also laughing.

“Stop distracting me moon girl.” Taemin said.

“Or eat cheese, I once watched a cartoon called tom& jerry, where jerry the mouse went off to the moon and found out it was made of cheese. I wonder what cheese it was…?” I said grinning. “But I don’t like cheese unless it’s on my pizza.” I add.

“Florence stop!” Taemin said bending down and laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked but also trying hard not to laugh.

“You think you’re so funny eh?” Minho said catching his breath.

“I know I’m not.” I answered grinning.

“That was one lame joke.” Chen said.

“But all of you laughed.” I countered.

“Anyway Flo stop distracting me. I was about to tell you what I want as a prize.” Taemin said.

“Okay what do you want?” I asked.

“You.” Taemin said grinning impishly and his eyes flickered to Kai who was staring at him with a weird expression.

“Me?” I asked confused.

“Yeah you.” Taemin answered and pulled me away from Minho and Key.

“What do I have to do?” I ask looking up to him as he places on arm on my shoulder.

“Hmmm let me think.” Taemin said his chin like some evil villain. “How about we-“

“Taemin!” Kai interrupted.

“What?!” Taemin asked amused. “I was just about to say that Florence and I go on a ride on the Ferris wheel.”  He said laughing at Kai.

“You-“ Kai said and stopped. He sighed and turned to walk away.

“Kai. Are you okay?” I ask as he went inside the booth. “What is wrong with him?” I ask Taemin.

He looked at me with an expression of disbelief then he smiled and took off the cap to ruffle my hair.

“Stop.” I protest as I swat his hand away and made a grab for the cap. Taemin raised it above me. “Hey give that back.” I said and tried to reach it. Why does he have to be tall? “Taemin!” I whined.

“Is it a deal?” He asked.

“of course. Give my cap back!” I said.

“Okay.” He said and placed the cap back on my head. “See you later then.”

“You didn’t have to do that.”I grumble as I adjust the cap on my head. My radio suddenly flicked to life.

“We have another winner.” Kris said he also heard class rep calling.

“Oh no.” I moan as I place my palm on my face.

“What is it Flo?” Xuimin asked.

“The last winner is Park Minho.” I said.

“And he wants something from Florence.” Kris said.

“I’ll be dead by the end of the fair.” I grumbled. “Later guys. I’ll see what he wants.” I said and walked inside the booth.

+++

“Thank you for visiting our booth. Please come back again tomorrow.” Minny said to the crowd outside who was murmuring in protest.  We were about to close the booth.

“Please one more batch.” Someone said and it was seconded by the crowd. I looked around our booth was the only one with a line. The rest were already packing up.

“Please. I really want to reach the tree.” Another one shouted. Minny looked around and looked like she didn’t know what to do.

I climbed on the small stage.

“Okay everyone we’re close for today please come back tomorrow.” I said to the crowd.

“Florence-sshi! Please I want a picture with you.” A boy shouted. I restrained myself from laughing out and smiled.

“Please try again tomorrow. Our characters need their beauty rest. We will be back tomorrow.” I said.

“But-“

“Please. You’ll have another try tomorrow.” I said firmly. “Okay? Why don’t all of you enjoy the rest of the fair? We still have rides and some small booths over there. The food is also amazing. Please enjoy it.” I add.

They seemed to realize that it was worthless trying to argue with me and started to disperse. I can hear students and some outsiders already planning how to defeat the maze to the tree. It seems we were a success.

“Thank you Flo.” Minny said warping her arms around me. “They were so insistent.” She adds.

“They really seem to want your hand in marriage.” I teased and hugged her back. 

“Hey girls! Come on let’s enjoy the fair.” Luhan shouted.

“Coming! I’ll just go change.” Minny said.

“Oh I want to change my shirt.” I said following her inside.

We walked out via the back a few minutes later. Minny was in a pretty skirt and blouse while I trade my pants and shirt for tights and a sliver dress.

“Hi guys.” Minny said.

“You girls ready to go around?” Luhan asked as Minny intertwines her hand through his.

“Yeah we are.” Minny answered and looked excited. Her energy is boundless while I wanted to lie down and go to sleep already.

“How about you?” Kris asked me.

“I want to eat.” I answered.

“Typical Flo answer.” Chanyeol said and laughed.

We were about to leave when I heard my name being called.

“Florence!” Class rep called out. “Come back here for a second.”

“What does he want now?” Kris asked irritated.

“I’ll go see. You guys go ahead.” I said and walked back to the booth. “what is it now hanbin?” I asked class rep who was poring over some papers.

“I just want to show you how much we earned today.” Class rep said and handed me a sheet of paper.

“Wow. That much,” I said looking at the value. It was quite a large sum of money.

“If we win the variety show the trip will be fantastic.” Class rep said excitedly.

“Really? Then that’s great!” I said smiling. “And we still have tomorrow.” I add.

“You’re a genius for thinking of this.” Class rep said.

“Oh come on most of it was your ideas.” I said laughing uneasily.

“But I was too disorganized to really set it in motion. You were the key in all of these.” Class rep answered.

“We all worked hard on it Hanbin. Don’t put all the blame on me.” I joked.

“Thank you Flo. I didn’t think I’d enjoy this fair so much if you weren’t here.” Class rep suddenly said smiling. I finally saw why Jess had fallen in love with this dorky guy. He has such smiling eyes.

“You’re welcome. I did enjoy planning it with you even though you are a bit disorganized you had such fantastic ideas.” I said sincerely.

“Thanks.” Class rep said laughing. “Flo about tomorrow I think we need to do something about the crowd. They’re just so many we can’t cater them all. Not to mention that tomorrow there will be no classes so we should expect a bigger crowd.

“I know I have a idea.” I said.

“Which is?”

“We should place a time limit on each task. Some of our costumers take ages to finish one. If they don’t finish it in time then its game over.” I suggested,

“That can work.” Class rep said nodding his head.

“We’ll just post the new instructions tomorrow. We need to make it look that it was made to make the game more exciting.” I said.

“I’ll take care of that. You need to rest. I tired you out today. Kris and the rest of your boys will have my neck by the end of the fair.” He said laughing.

“And Minho’s fans will have mine.” I said and laughed.

“I’ll take care of this Flo. You have the variety show tomorrow.” He said.

“I know. I’m excited to see everyone’s faces once we win.” I said and clapped my hands gleefully.

“Me too. Now go ahead and I’ll pack up. See you tomorrow.” Class rep said and shooed me away.

“Bye Hanbin!” I said and walked outside to see everyone waiting for me. “Guys why did you wait? I told you to go ahead.” I said.

“We wanted to enjoy the fair with you.” Kai said and place an arm on my shoulder.

“Gee my heart just turned mushy.” I said laughing. “Come on.”

“Food first.” Beakhyun said.

“You read my mind.” I said.

“Actually I heard your stomach.” Beakhyun answered.

“Is it that loud? The monster is in uproar.” I said patting my stomach fondly.

“Come on let’s get food for the monster.” Chen said.

+++

“What is that?” I asked as I point to small stage with a small flat screen in the middle. I was eating an ice cream cake that Jonghyun had given me. We were so noisy and so many that the crowd was always making a path for us.

“That’s a karaoke booth.” Lay answered.

“Cool. Too bad I can’t sing.” I said.

“Hey we should try that.” Key said and pointed to the same booth.

“You guys sing?” I ask them.

“Everyone can sing but not everyone has the quality.” Minho answered and went to the person manning the booth. “we have two songs. Wanna try Flo?” he asked me.

“I don’t sing.” I answered shaking my head. “You guys go ahead; I’ll be the fan girl fangirling.” I said.

“You’re on.” Taemin said and grabbed a mic. “Act like a real fan girl.” He ordered as he dialed a song number.

“What song is that?” I ask as our five guests grabbed a mic and went into position. The music started to play.

“I think that’s Replay by Shinee.” Minny answered beside me.

“Ohh..” I said and stared. They were good. Taemin was one good dancer; no wonder Kai and he were friends.  Minho and Key danced in front of me and like I promised I acted like a fan girl.

“Oppa!” I screamed like a silly girl.

“Oh Oppa you’re a dancing machine!” Minny said joining me and laughing hard.

“Jokyo I love you!” Chanyeol screamed causing us to laugh even harder.

Onew and Taemin pulled Minny and me into the stage and sang to us.

“Ahhh! Oppa!” I said laughing hard.

“My heart is melting!” Minny said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter