Butter

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV

The next day I woke up with Soo Yun jumping on my bed.

“Oppa wake up!”She said. “it’s time to open our presents.” 

“Go away..” I complain pushing her away. I was having a wonderful dream. 

“What’s this?” Soo Yun asked and I felt her lean forward. I open my eyes to see her fiddling with my gift from Flo.

“Don’t break it. that’s my gift from Flo.” I said sitting up.

“ohh its beautiful Oppa.” Soo Yun said taking out the watch carefully. “What does this mean?” she asked pointing to the engraving on the back.

“You danced into my heart and gave it a new rhythm.” I said rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

“Oh that sounds so sweet… You’re blushing!” Soo Yun said.

“Shut up.” I said taking the watch from her and putting it back in its box. I put it inside my bedside drawer.

“You’re blushing! You’re as red as Rudolf’s nose!” Soo Yun sang teasingly.

“Go away brat.” I said laughing.

“My brother is in love!! La-la-la-love!” Soo Yun sang running out of the room and away from the pillow I had thrown at her.

I sigh and laid back into my bed. I took out the Flo’s gift again and look at it. It glittered in the morning sunlight. I want to believe that the white rocks embedded in it are just glass but knowing Flo it must be one heck of expensive glass- they look like real diamonds.

I  the engraving on the back and said it to myself again.

“You danced into my heart and gave it a new rhythm.”

It does sound sweet.. this is by far the best present I had received. 

Images from yesterday flash before my eyes. Her smile at the photo booth. Her determination not to let me fall at the skating rink. Her cute nervousness before we entered the house. Her softly singing for my family at the piano. Her face just before I kissed her. 

I stop thinking and took a deep breath. My heart had just started beating fast again as I remembered what happen before she went home last night.

My fingers involuntarily touched my lips.

I kissed her. I kissed Flo.

And I want to do it again.

Another deep breath.

What happens now? Will she just brush it off like what she did with Kris and Sehun? She didn’t say anything to me last night. She did kiss me before leaving. 

Argggh! This is frustratingly frustrating! I put the pillow on my face just to stop myself from grinning too much.  

“Kai! Come down and eat breakfast!!” I heard Hiyori call out.

“Yes! I’m coming!” I answered getting out of bed. I place my new watch back into its case and saw the name of the brand on the back of the box. I knew it was expensive but this was beyond crazy. My new watch was a Rolex.

I went down to have breakfast and open our Christmas presents. I got a bunch of new clothes, a new Cd and a kick  latest xbox console. I love my family.

We all had plans for later that day. My sisters were going out with their boyfriends. I like them but if they hurt my sisters or make them cry I will haunt them down. Soo Yun and Gale were going to the mall to meet up with their other friends. Mom and Dad were going on a date. 

Me? Me and the rest of my friends are planning to surprising Flo at her house. They were all excited to see their gifts. I was excited to see her, I already received my gift anyway. 

+++

Our plans didn’t go well. I was all set to go. It was around lunch when Lay called saying that Flo texted Minny to say that she’s going away with her uncle- our school principal- somewhere and won’t be back until new year. 

That just .

I won’t get to see her for another 6 days. That is torture.

I pull out my phone and called her.

“Merry Christmas.” I said when she answered.

“Merry Christmas too Kai.” She answered and I can feel the smile in her voice.

“Where are you?” I ask.

“I don’t know. Uncle just popped at the house and kidnapped me. he said we’re going somewhere nice.” She said then I heard another voice that sounded like the principal asking who she was talking to. “It’s Jong-in. Yes uncle the cute one. Okay. Uncle said Merry Christmas to you.”

“Merry Christmas to him too.” I answered. 

“I guess my Christmas present will have to wait until new year.” She said.

“I should have given it to you yesterday.” 

“It’s okay. I do think I received a better present yesterday.” I can distinctly hear the teasing tone in her voice.

I didn’t answer right away. What did she mean better present? Did she mean what I think she means? That I kissed her?

“Kai? Are you still there?”

“yeah I’m here.”

“I thought you were gone. Anyway I had fun yesterday. Thank you.”

“I had fun too.”

“What are you doing now?”

“Watching TV. They all left me alone at the house.”

“Oh poor boy. I wish I could have taken you with me but then again I also didn’t know I had plans today.”

I heard Principal’s laugh in the background. 

Me too. I wish the principal thought of kidnapping me too.

“Where are you going?” I ask after she stopped laughing.

“I don’t know. Uncle won’t say. He said it was a surprise.”

“Well have fun then.”

“I will. You too. Call up the boys or something.”

“I’ll just go to Minny’s later.”

I heard silence for a few moments before she replied.

“Say merry Christmas to Minny for me.” she sounded a bit off for a few seconds.

“sure.”

“Oh uncle! I was watching that!” I heard her say something in English to Principal who again laughed. This has been the first time I heard Principal laugh so many times. At school he was just so serious. 

In the end we talked for about an hour and it was a broad range of topics. Flo did most of the talking. I just like listening to her voice. 

“I’ll miss you.” I blurted out. She was in the middle of telling me about the new avengers movie. 

I heard her giggle before replying.

“I miss you already but it’s just 6 days Kai.” She said.

“Too long.”

“Then we’ll get to use the phrase miss you more often eh?” 

“Can I call you every day?”

“Of course you can, not unless uncle is bringing me to a dead zone.”

“I won’t you silly girl.” I heard the principal tell her. 

“He still won’t tell me where we’re headed.” Flo said to me and I can imagine her pouting. I imagined kissing her pout away. “Now where was I before you rudely interrupted me?” She teased.

“In the middle of salivation over Thor.” I answered rolling my eyes.

“But Thor is gorgeous! But my favorite in the avengers is iron man.”

“Of course the scientist.” I teased.

“Billionaire playboy scientist.” She answered laughing.

“And you’re the female version.” I said.

“I’m hardly a billionaire and I’m not a playgirl- is that even a word?” she asked laughing.

She’s right. I had peg her as a loyal one relationship kind.. one of the many things I like about her. 

“Uncle says I need to end the call. We’re entering an area where there’s no service.. well at least were just passing by a dead zone.”

“oh.. call you later then.”

“Okay.. merry Christmas Kai.”

“Merry Christmas.”

“Bye.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“Me too.”

I waited for her to end the call.

“You end the call.” She said after a few seconds.

“No you end it.” I said.

A few more seconds of silence.

“Are you still there?” She asked giggling.

“Yeah.”

“Fine I’ll end it. Bye Kai. See you new year.”

“I can hardly wait.”

I heard her laugh before I heard the dial tone. I put down the phone and just grinned like a lunatic, then frowned. 6 days. How will I live in the next 6 days? I can hardly contain myself with the two days which we have no school and now I had to live for 6 days of not seeing her. 

Oh this is crazy.

I’m going to go crazy.

+++

It’s new years eve. We were all going to see each other later at a building near Suho’s to watch the fireworks and the sunrise. There was an old building that allows us to stay at their roof top. It was old but still safe. They were already planning on selling it. it seems we need to find a new place next year.

My phone rang. I was half hoping it to be Flo but it was Suho asking me where I was. We were all meeting at a bazaar near the building to roam around.

“I’m near the place.” I said.

“Great. We’re near the cotton candy stand.” Suho said.

“Okay. See you in a bit.”

“Is Flo with you?” Suho asked.

“No. I haven’t contacted her since this morning. Her phone is either off or out of coverage.” I answered.

“Well she did confirm she’s coming to Minny.”

“She’ll come. She doesn’t want us to ambush her at her house.”

“I know. See you Kai.”

“Okay.”

Suho ended the call as I entered the bazaar. There were stalls and stalls of different things. Clothes, toys and of course food. Flo will like it here.

6 days of not seeing her was hard. Even thou I hear her voice everyday it’s different if I see her. I can see how she smiles. How the impish sparkle in her eyes make it even more vibrant. I miss her. She had been practically living in my head now a days. 

I see my friends at the cotton candy booth buying strange shaped cotton candy. 

“Kai! Long time no see man.” Lay said giving me a high five.

“Hey guys. How were your holidays?” I asked them after we greeted each other.

“It was nice boring the most.” Chanyeol answered.

“Who else is missing?” I ask Suho.

“Kris and Florence. The two of them is running a bit late. ” He answered.

“She just arrived at her apartment and is changing.” Minny said looking up from her phone.  “She also needs to stop at her house for our gifts. I don’t know about Kris.. Luhan?”

“He just woke up when I left to fetch you. I think he’s already on he’s way.” Luhan answered.

“I wonder what I’ll get from Flo.” Sehun said excitedly.

“Knowing Flo it will be something expensive and also thoughtful.” Minny said then grabbed my wrist. I was running my hand through my hair when she did it. She must have seen my watch. “Is this new?” She asked studying it.

“Wow. Your parents finally gave you a new watch and it looks expensive.” D.O. said.

“Actually it’s from Flo.” I said grinning. “Ouch Min easy on the wrist.” I complain as Minny pulled me closer to inspect it.

“When did she give it to you?” Minny demanded.

“Christmas eve.” I answer.

“Ohhh.. how was your date then?” Minny asked impishly.

“It wasn’t a date

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter