The Tourist Guides

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minny POV

I woke up and expect to be alone but Flo was sleeping peacefully besides me hugging her pillow tight. I smiled fondly at my best friend. She looks like a normal teenager when she’s asleep and not like someone who has problems most adults won’t know what to do with.

I heard noises outside. The boys must be up and hungry since I can smell food cooking. D.O. must have taken responsibility. I quietly got out of bed and slipped on a hoodie Flo had given me. Her closet is amazing even though she had already taken clothes from it; it looks like it still has treasures I can discover.

I walk out of the room and saw Luhan waiting for me.

“Good morning.” He said smiling. I can’t help but gawk this beautiful boy and be amazed at the fact that he’s willing to be called mine.

“Good morning oppa.” I greet him and took the hand he was holding out. He intertwines his fingers through mine and I sigh at how it felt so right.

“Flo’s still asleep?” He asked after kissing my forehead.

“Yup. She looks tried.” I answered as we walk to the kitchen.

“She must be with all she is doing.” Luhan answered frowning. They all worry at how Flo is tiring herself but they all know how worthless it is too argue with her.

“She told me Ren called her yesterday and he has a lead about you and Kris.” I said to Luhan. He stopped and looked at me nervously.

“What did she say?” he asked.

“Nothing much. She didn’t want to make me anxious. She just said the Ren has a lead and my mind went overdrive.” I answered grasping Luhan’s hand tightly. “My worst fear is that they will take you away from me, or you have a family, or a girlfriend-“

“Minny stop.” Luhan said softly putting a finger on my lips. “Even if that happens I won’t go. I can’t imagine a moment without you.” Luhan said softly. I felt my eyes watering. Luhan pulls me into his arms comfortingly. “Don’t cry Min. I’ll never leave you.”

“All this has to end.” I said to his chest.

“It will end. Hopefully as a happy ending.” Luhan answers and smiles at me softly. “You okay? Let’s have breakfast. D.O.’s cooking.” Luhan said and tugged me to the kitchen.

It was mayhem as the boys were scattered all over with D.O. presiding over the stove.

“Hey love brids what do you want for breakfast?” D.O. asked us.

“What you cooking?” I asked him as I sat down on the seat Luhan had pulled out.

“It’s a mix… I raided Flo’s pantry. It was heaven.” D.O. said grinning and placed a plate in front of me. It smelled amazing. “You and Flo should have your own cooking show.” I said as I spooned the food.

I looked around. The only one missing is Kris, Tao, Lay and Chen who were chronic late sleepers. Kai walked bleary eyed into the kitchen stretching.

“Morning guys.” He said to us as he poured himself some coffee.

“Morning Kai. What time did you go to bed?” Suho asked.

“Around 2.” He said and I manage to catch his eye. He looks like his hiding something.

“Hey does anyone know what Flo likes for breakfast?” Sehun asked suddenly.

 “Pancakes.” Kai said. “That’s what she usually makes on the morning. Chocolate and banana flavored.” He adds after giving some thought.

“Coming right up.” D.O. said and went on the task.

They went on to argue whether to take to Flo or wait for her. I smile at how much they care about her, it’s so nice let them have another girl to fuss about other than me. They can be tiresome on many many occasions but in the end I would never exchange them for anything.

Before Flo came they were a difficult bunch and me being me didn’t have the guts to control them but with Flo she can easily boss them around without any of them complaining. They all know that it’s worthless to argue with her and Florence is strong. When I first saw her she was oozing with confidence but trying very very hard to hide it behind her glasses and nerd look.

I smile at how easily she manages to get them all under control and how much she had influence me. I used to cry at such simple things but I only imagined her frowning and worried face and I stop. She keeps telling me I need to be strong since we have a difficult road ahead of us.

I was still deep in thought and the boys were still arguing when Flo entered the room. She was wearing an adorable hoodie I forced her into last night and pajamas. She had tied her hair into a messy bun and was wearing her glasses. She looked tired.

“Morning guys. Sorry I woke up late. Who cooked breakfast?” She asked as she sat down.

“I did. What would you like?” D.O. answered.

“Pancakes.” She said and placed her head on the table.

“You look still sleepy you should have slept late, we can practice without you.” Suho said.

“Getting rid of my slave driving?” She asked but not looking up. We can hear the smile in her voice.

“honestly yes.” Suho answered grinning. “Were we too noisy it woke you up?” he asked.

“Someone left their phone beside my ear and it alarmed.” Florence answered looking at me.

“Oopppsss.. sorry Flo.” I said smiling impishly.

“it’s okay. I need to wake up anyway.” She said and placed her face on her hands. She looked tired yet adorable.  “Where’s my pancakes.” She demanded.

“Hold your horses.” D.O. said and flipped a big pancake.

“It smells wonderful.. sheeze I’m drooling.”She said and wiped her chin laughing.

“Coffee?” Sehun asked.

“Yes please. Thanks Baby.” She said smiling at Sehun. Xuimin placed a cup in front of her and in warps her fingers on the cup. “it’s getting colder. I wonder when it’ll start to snow.” She mused.

“Do you like winter Flo?” Suho asked.

“I like snow… Dad and Ren used to make a snowman for me and Mom before.. before..” She stopped and I can feel the sadness in her voice. She took a steady breath. “Can we make one when it snows?” She asked smiling. There she goes again hiding her feelings.

“We’ll make a dozen.” Kai said.

“One for each of you?” she asked him but something strange happened when they looked at each other. They both looked away fast and I can see a blush creep on Flo’s face and it’s not due to the cold. Did something happen when I was asleep?

“We can make one for you and Minny too.” Luhan said not noticing what I saw.

“Who’s still asleep?” she asks after a moment.

“Kris, Tao, Chen and Lay.” Xuimin answered. “Should we wake them up?” he asks grinning mischievously.

“30 more minutes. After breakfast I want to see your dance.” She said.

“Oh she’s back.” Chanyeol said.

“Yes the slave driver is back.” Florence said as she stirs the coffee. “I’m hungry…!!” she sang teasingly to D.O.. “Hurry up slave!” She adds grinning. If it were me being called a slave driver I would have protested but Flo obviously didn’t mind. She does admit that she is bossy.

“Here you go Flo.” Sehun said placing a plate of pancakes in front of her.

“Syrup?” Beakhyun asked.

“Yes please.” She answered smiling at them. Beakhyun placed a bottle of maple syrup in front of her while Suho placed some honey. “thanks guys.” She said stifling a yawn. She sliced the pancakes and put them in .

“This is delicious D.O.” she said closing her eyes to savor it more.

“Where did you learn to cook Flo?” Sehun asked.

“The food network and cook books. Youtube helps too.” She answers.

“Nobody taught you?” D.O. asked.

“Nope. No one knows I’m still alive except a handful of people. I got no one to teach me so I took the initiative to learn when I had to eat burnt toast for breakfast made by Ren.” Florence said smiling. How can she smile when she talks about those things? I wanted to cry.

“Then why does the Institute keep on looking for you?” Luhan asked.

“The whole rumor is I’m dead or went missing but the Institute is still going on looking for me.” Florence answers shrugging, I couldn’t help myself.

“How can you talk about it so easily?!” I asked her. She looks at me startled at the distress in my voice.

“Am I upsetting you Minny? I’m sorry.” She said reaching out her hand to squeeze mine. “I’m sorry, I’m so used to that fact that it means nothing to me anymore. I’ll stop talking about it now.” Flo adds smiling softly at me.

“I hate the Institute.” I said wanting to go to wherever it is and stomp to it to pieces.

“Minny hating something. That’s new.” Florence said smiling at me. “How’s the costumes going?” She asked choosing the perfect topic to distract me. if the thing that can distract Flo is cars mine is fashion.

“it’s going well. We should just go with the whole black wolf concept of EXO.” I said.

“Dress up like them? Okay. We need to find clothes thou.”

“We do have clothes you know.” Chanyeol said.

“It has to be perfect.” She said eyes sparkling with mischief. “How about we go shopping?” She asks. I widen my eyes and nod unconsciously.

“Flo! That is too much!” Kai protested. I glare at him. What is wrong with shopping?

“No it’s not. It’s been a long time since I shopped. Time to put a dent on Ren’s bank account.”  Florence said grinning.

“But Flo.” Kai said.

“Do you want to practice instead?” She countered.

“Okay let’s go shopping.” Beakhyun said immediately. I clap my hands excitedly.

“Nothing too expensive.” Suho said.

“Oh come on!” Flo said. “Guys it’s okay. The Institute pays outlandishly to all its employees giving Ren an almost sky limit bank account. I had one too but it was closed. I’m now using Ren’s.” Florence explained.

“Won’t using a credit card put you on the map?” Sehun asked.

“Who said anything about a credit card?” She asked smiling. “Wanna see something?” she asked us.

“What?” I ask.

“My vault.” She said and polished off her pancakes. “Come on Min, You’ll enjoy yourself.” She said standing up.

“You have a vault?” I asked amzed.

“Baby Sehun is right when he said I can’t use credit card. So Ren left me some cash to use, among other things.” She said as she linked her arm through mine.

We follow her to the game room. She stood in front of a wall and pushed something. Amazingly the wall retracted revealing a metal one. This house is full of surprises. If her lab is tight with security this one is over the top.

“Welcome Mademoiselle Flo.” A robotic voice said.

“Thanks Brad.” She answered the voice as the door opened slowing. “Authorize code 16752 for new admitees.” She add. “Come here guys.” She said and made us all stand in front of the door.”

“It’ll scan you and store it in my security files, allowing you to enter here. If I don’t authorize you, you get laser fried.” She said. I was first and stood there nervously. A blue light softly scanned me.

“Soong Min-shu authorized.” The voice said again.

“Next.” Florence ordered. The boys all filed after me excitedly.

“You trust us too much Flo.” Suho said. “What if someone forces us to open this?”

“Oh this is for one day access only. I can’t authorize all access since I need Ren with me if that happens.” She answered. “Come on.” She said stepping into the dark room. The lights automatically.

“Welcome to Gringotts.” She said sweeping her hand.

“Gringotts?” Kai asked beside her.

“I’ll make you watch the movie later.” She said as she walked. It seems the two of them were back to their usual easy banter.

“Wow.” Suho said as we looked around. When Flo said vault I had imagined a metal box but this is amazing.

It housed glass cases of swords, paintings, and other forms of art. There was even a suit of armor.

“Excuse me Mademoiselle Flo, some of your friends are awake and they look worried since none of you are available.” The voice said. I wonder where it is coming from.

“Oh I’ll go get them first.” Flo said. “Thanks Brad.”

“You named that voice Brad?” Chanyeol asked. “Does it stand for anything?”

“Nope. I named him from Brad Pitt.” Flo answered. “Who can fetch them? I can’t leave this vault with you here. It’ll close automatically.”

“Then open it again.” Beakhyun said.

“I can only open this once in a day.” Florence answered.

“I’ll go get them.” Xuimin offered. “I’ll just bring them here?”    

“yes just outside the door please. I’ll just authorize them” Flo said. “Kris will kill me if I don’t let him see the special edition book.” Flo said. I noticed Kai frowned when she mention Kris’s name.

Xuimin went out and a few moments later the Kris, Tao, Chen and Lay were outside the door.

“Wow Flo.” Lay say and was about to step inside.

“Stay right there!”Flo ordered. They all stopped. “Authorize code 167752. Stand straight Lay.” She instructed as the blue light scanned him. After the rest of them were scanned we all went back to exploring the vault. I stopped and felt my heart accelerate when I stopped in front of a door labeled clothes and jewelries.

“Flo!!” I shrieked.

“She found it.”Flo said fondly. “Release all locks Brad. Let them play a bit. Just don’t take anything out of the main door okay?” She said to everyone. They all nod and scattered as I hear the locks opening. The door in front of me slowly opened and I ran inside.

                                                                             Ooo00ooO

Florence POV

I watch fondly as Minny looked around with dazed eyes. Clothes really get out the child in her.

“Can I Flo?” She asked hand poised on taking a gown.

“Sure but you’ll tire yourself before we even leave for the real shopping escaped.” I answer as she put the gown in front of her and twirl at the mirror. “Find something you can wear for your Muse parade.” I add and went out.

I headed to the smallest room in the vault but the one I frequent the most. I push open the door and the smell of paper bills welcomed me. I take out three wads of Korean bills, estimating that these will be enough for today’s clothes and dinner afterwards. I pull out a bag and stuff them in. In the age of credit cards I feel ancient carrying cash this much but this is way safer. No electronic trail.

“Flo! Flo! Come out here this second!” Kris demanded from outside the room.

“What?!” I said as I approached them, they were all converging around the door labeled cars.

“You have more cars?” Kris said to me excitedly.

“Why didn’t you open it? Is it locked?” I asked.

“We just wanted to be sure.”  Sehun said eyes glittering with excitement.

“Go ahead. But don’t get your hopes up too much.” I said smiling as they pile into the room. I followed them more calmly inside.

The room housed the 3 cars my father treasures. A  red 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540K Roadster, a gray and black 1967 ford mustang  Shelby gt500 and a blue Bugatti Veyron. It also housed his massive Mini car collection. I have learned long ago that I had inherited my love for cars from him.

“Wow oh wow!” Suho said. “How large is this place Flo?”

“It needs to be big since it’s the main storage house.” I answered.

“This is just a storage house?! Dang girlfriend you must be flity rich.” Kris said grinning at me.

“I rather be poor and normal.” I murmured quietly but Kris heard since his gleeful expression turned into a pained one.

“sorry Flo.” He said hooking me under his arm. “Where was this book you wanted to show me?” he asked.

“Don’t pretend you’re more interested in a book then cars Kris. I’m just being bipolar.” I said smiling at him.

“I have a bipolar for a girlfriend, great.” He said.

 I roll my eyes at him, he still hasn’t got over my joke, and looked at the room and my eyes hit Kai’s. I don’t know what word to describe what I see, hurt, confusion, frustration, anger. 

+++

Hello Hello..:) I was watching the comeback of one group that's close to EXO when i wrote this chapter so i decided they have to have a cameo and they have!! Can you guess who??:) 

Enjoy..^^

Vote and Comment.

Chapter 33

FLO Pov

I rush down the stairs hefting my bag. I’m irritated as the skirt swish on my legs. Why do I have to bring all my jeans to the apartment, it left me with dresses. I was wearing a pink and black dress that fell a few inches above my knee. Good thing I have boots here.

“Where’s Flo?” I heard Kai ask. I stop for a moment. Why is it that the mere fact the he is saying name makes my heart flutter. I take deep breath and round the corner to the living room.

“I’m here.” I said. They stared at me for a moment blank faced then Minny squealed.

“Flo you look adorable.” She said pulling me for a spin.

“Stop.” I order. “I left my normal clothes back at the apartment.

“Why do you have clothes like this if you don’t wear them?” Flo asked.

“Everyone in my family thinks I’m a doll.” I answered as I fiddled with my skirt. “but thanks for the compliment.” I add smiling at Minny.

“You’re welcome. You should wear dresses more Flo.” Minny said.

“it’s easier to run in jeans.” I said.”Alright let’s go.” I order and went ahead to the foyer closet. I was planning on wearing my trench coat when I spied Ren’s leather jacket. I grab it instead, my brother’s cologne whiffed up. I put it on, much better. 

I sat down on a chair and put on some black knee socks, since its cold outside and my boots. Now I feel more like myself. I don’t have anything against dresses, I have my girly moods too but it’s not now. I want my jeans.

“Ready guys?” I ask them.

“Yup.”  Chanyeol said.

“Leggo.” I answered imitating him and walked to the basement.

+++

We arrived at the mall and I immediately headed to a store I had my eye on since we decided to do EXO as our variety piece. The boys follow me and Minny wordlessly knowing they can’t do anything but follow our orders. Why are they so terrified they’re getting free clothes for freaking out loud.

“Min, try finding something unique but they can also use every day.” I instructed my best friend as we stop at the entrance of the big store.

“Okay.” Minny answered excited.

“Then you’re in charge. Find me when it’s time to pay the bill.” I said to her and faced the boys. “All of you do what she wants. Change clothes as many times as she wants. Model it if she wants. Understood?” I said to them in military style trying to suppress my laughter.

“Yes master.” They answered in union.

“Okay Min. take it away.” I said to Minny who ran, like literally ran inside towing Luhan with her.

I couldn’t help but laugh at the force smile on Luhan’s face as they disappear inside. I didn’t realize I was the only one laughing. I faced the boys.

“You sound happy.” Beakhyun said. They all looked cautions that I stopped for a moment to think of what I will say.

“Of course I am. Today is the first time we actually went to the mall to hang out. I never got to do that.” I said going for the Minny-like persona.

“Don’t act like Minny. It’s scary.” Chanyeol said. I pouted.

“Fine. But seriously I never had gone out with friends on a mall.” I answered. “Come on now there are seats near the changing room and let’s find Luhan before Minny transforms him. I want to get a picture of the transformation.” I grin evilly pulling out my camera.

“You’re cruel.” Chen said.

“Oh come on guys you’re going to get new clothes. Why aren’t you happy?” I asked them.

“We’ll get to wear it only at the show anyway.” Sehun answered.

“I asked Minny to pick practical clothes you know. Things you can use after the fair.” I said.

“You’ll put it in storage after anyway.” Lay said. I suddenly understood why they weren’t excited. They thought they had to return the clothes. “Guys the moment Minny approves that outfit is yours. What will I do with 12 outfits for boys? Ren has too much clothes anyway.” I said to them.

”Flo that is too much.” Tao objected.

“It’s okay I won’t buy you guys Christmas presents.” I said.

“But-“ Suho protested.

“Please please please?” I begged them. This is strange the buyer is the one begging to buy things. That is usually opposite, oh well, when did my life ever become normal.

“Fine.” Suho said.

“Merry Christmas!” I said out loud throwing my arms in the air causing some passersby to stare at us strangely. I don’t care I just grinned at them happily.

“You’re strange Flo, really strange.”Sehun said.

“And all of you are just adorable.” I said throwing my arms at him and Lay who were standing near me. “Let’s get inside, you better voice out your protest to Minny before she chooses your outfits.” I advise to them.  They all trope inside and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter