You're NOT a Monster

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

My phone woke me up.

“Hello?” I said groggily. I looked down. I was still in my uniform from yesterday. I felt grimy and sticky. My head hurts.

“Did I wake you up Flo? I have breakfast.” Kai’s voice said from the other line. Hearing his voice did what it did to me yesterday, it gave me strength.

“What’s for breakfast?” I ask as I slip out of bed. “woah.” I said sitting back down as the world spun.

“you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah head rush. I feel like I have a hung over.” I said chuckling.

“Do you want anything? I brought muffins but I can stop by somewhere to buy something more solid.” Kai offered.

“Can you buy me some eggs, bacon, ham and rice? I want carbohydrates.” I answered. “Thanks Kai.” I add.

“See you in a few minutes.” He said and ended the call.

I run the shower to warm and jumped in. The warm water soothing my tired muscles. I wish I can skip school today but it was the final day of preparation. Tomorrow, the school fair starts.

I was drying my hair when the doorbell rang. I went to open the door.

“breakfast delivery.” Kai said grinning.

“Where do I pay?” I ask.

“Right here.” Kai said leaning his cheek forward. I pat a coin on it laughing and grimacing after. My head hurt. “Slept okay?” he asked as I pull him inside. The smell of fried food waffling in the room.

“It was fine.” I answered tugging him to the kitchen.

“You can lie but the bags under your eyes can’t.” he said as he put the bag on the table. I unpacked it not wanting to answer him. “Want to skip school today?” He asked.

“And give class rep a panic attack? Have mercy on the poor boy. He needs our help.” I said as I opened the container of fried goodness. “oh this looks delicious.” I exclaim as I pick up a piece of bacon. “and hot.” I add putting it instantly. “ow.” I complain as my finger throb.

“That’s what you get when your stomach thinks for you and not your brain.” Kai said shaking his head in amusement and putting a cold glass of water beside my finger. I put my finger inside. “don’t drink that afterwards.” He said.

“I’m not that stupid.” I answer sticking out my tongue. “have you eaten already?” I asked him as I started to eat.

“Soo yun made me breakfast.” He answered smiling fondly when he speaks about his sister. “She keeps pestering me to bring you home.” He adds.

“I will when we have time.” I answer. “Thanks for breakfast.” I add smiling.

“you’re welcome.” He answered

“You sure you don’t want to eat?” I ask waving a piece of bacon in front of him. He grabbed my hand and ate the bacon. “That was the last one.” I complain as he swallowed.

“You ready for school?” he asked me after a few minutes.

“Yeah.” I answered plaiting my hair. “Can you drive today? My head hurts a bit from the pill.” I said realizing my slip to late.

“What pill?” He asked pulling me to a stop at the doorway.

“I took a sleeping pill. I can’t sleep last night.”I answered. “It always gives me a headache after.”

“You’re not going out of my sight today.” He said worriedly. I roll my eyes but my heart did a little flutter.

“Suit yourself.” I answered and walked out of the door.

+++

Kai tried very hard to stay by my side but it was difficult. I was needed in too many areas and he on a different area.

“Kai I’ll be fine. Go help them practice their dance.” I said to him as our classmates asked for help on a certain dance.

“But-“ he start to object.

“Flo will be with me at the classroom. We’re having a dress rehearsal for the muse parade. Do you want to see?” Minny said beside me.

“Fine.” He answered dejectedly. “Your phone-“

“Will not leave my pocket.” I answered. “Now go, the boys need you there.” I said smiling at him.

Minny and I watch as he walked to where the boys of our class were practicing some moves.

“You left out some details from yesterday Flo.” Minny said she thread her arm on mine.

“I honestly don’t remember much Min. It’s like my mind just went blank. I remembered entering the room and the next thing I know Kai was there. I wish I can remember, maybe later when my head stops throbbing.” I said.

“Your okay?” She asked me worried.

“I’m fine.” I said but I’m actually not. I felt jumpy all day and the headache did nothing to help. I want to go to bed and sleep but they need me here. I was going through coffee like a maniac.

“Flo did you bring my dress?” Minny asked as we entered the room. The girls had converted part of it into a dressing room.

“Yes I did. It’s in the car.” I answered as the girls waved at us looking worried.

“We have a problem.” Jess said.

“What?” I asked.

“Minny is the muse but she needs four maids in waiting in full costume too.” Jess said.

“When did that happen?”I asked confused. I clearly remember from the meeting Minho said only one muse was needed from per class and nothing else.

“Just now.”Jess answered handing me a piece of paper. I scan it and it does say that the muse needs to have four maids in waiting. Darn it.

“We can do it but we don’t have dresses to match Minny.” One of the girls said.

“That won’t be a problem. I have dresses that match the one Minny has, but they’re back home. We can get them now if you want.”I said.

“You have dresses like Minny has?” Jess said excitedly.

“You girls should see her closet.” Minny said.

“Can we go now?” Jess asked jumping excitedly.

“Sure but we need a driver. I don’t want to drive with a headache.” I answer.

“Let’s go find if we can steal someone.” Jess said tugging me outside.

+++

In the end we had Kris. He was the only one the boys can spare. Kai wanted to come but the boys begged him to stay. I said we’ll be fine with Kris.

“Okay driver. Home please.” I said to Kris grinning.

“Yes ma’am.” He said putting on a cap like a cabbie.

The girls piled in excitedly behind me. The 4 who had volunteered and Jess came along with Minny and me.

“We’ll be right back.” I said to the other girls left behind. “Manage the boys while were gone okay?” I said to them.

They nod and Kris eased the car from its spot and speed away.

We came back an hour and 30 minutes later, mission completed. Kris looked dazed with all the females with him and they were interrogating him like there was no tomorrow. The girls had taken my advice and were acting towards the boys normally. He answered politely but glared at me once in awhile. I laugh at him. He should be used to all the attention by now but he still looked uncomfortable.

“Hi guys. Did you manage to find costumes?” The girls left behind asked.

“Yes we did. Flo’s closet is amazing.” Jess answered.

“She’s exaggerating.” I answer and thanked Kris who went back to the boys happily. “I think you girls traumatized Kris with those questions.” I add laughing.

“He looked so cute when he didn’t know what to say it’s amusing to watch, he looks so different when he’s just with you Flo. He looks comfortable.” Jess said.

“He needs time to warm up to you girls first.” I answer. “Do you want to see the dresses?” I asked them.

“Yes!” They chorused.

Girls and dresses.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter