Florence's Valium

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

Now that my brother was back and the data is here I can now move to phase two. I had evaluated the data and it seemed real. Aiden was busy dissecting the chemical components while I looked for the right formulas. Reverse engineering is never an easy task to do even with the complete data. My life now will be more busy, busier then the school fair.

Ren, Aiden and I had move to the big house during the weekend. The two were amused when I started to haul 17 stuff toys out of my room. Aiden had a thing for the penguin while Nii-chan wanted Pickachu. They had begged, bribed and blackmailed me to give to them but I was firm. They’re mine.

The rest of the weekend was spent organizing and filing all the raw data we had. Ren had also tested it on a more sophisticated lab and had more advance results then mine but we can all correlate it with the main data which, I still can’t believe until now, they manage to get.

It seemed too easy but then again according to Ren the whole institute was busy with many things and the current administrations hold was starting to get rocky.

That was good news.

So now it’s Sunday night and Aiden was cooking dinner so I get to relax for a bit. I walked to my bedroom and started to run a bubble bath. I wanted warm water to sooth my sore muscles. Butter followed me and lounged on the carpet in the bathroom as I waited for the tub to fill up. I was popping bubbles just relaxing when my phone rang.

My relaxed body immediately tensed up. My heart beat leaped to fast mode.

It was Kai.

“Hello Oppa.” I answered.

“Hey am I disrupting some scientific discovery?” Kai said and I can imagine the smile on his face.

“Nope. I’m off duty for tonight.”  I answered and sat down on the carpet and petted Butter. “Just lounging around with Butter. Aiden is cooking dinner and Ren is at the lab. Why did you call?”

“Nothing just wanted to hear your voice.”Kai said laughing.

“well you heard it now what?” I said rolling my eyes.

“I’m not fed up yet what you doing now?”

“Running a bath.”

“For Butter?”

“And myself.”I patting Butter. “say hello to Oppa Butter.” I placed the phone near my dog it barked at it.

I think I heard him murmuring something about a lucky something.

“What did you say?” I asked him.

“Nothing. You guys should have a pool there.”

“Ren was actually planning on that one. Maybe next year. if that happens then you guys will be here more often.”

“exactly.”

“What are you doing now Oppa?”

“Watching TV.”

“Are you alone again?”

“Yeah. They like leaving me alone.”

“Poor baby. Your fever didn’t come back right? ”

“Nope. Stop worrying.”

“Sorry. I like worrying.”

“About me?”

“Among other things.”

I smiled as I stand to turn off the water. The tub was already filled. I poured some on the scented bath oil Ren had brought me. It smelled amazing. Lavender and Jasmine.

“Do you need to go?”

“Nope. Give me a minute.”

I placed the phone in its stand and took its wireless headset. I didn’t have any plans on getting my hair wet anyway.

“Did you eat dinner already?” I asked him.

“Nope.”

“Don’t skip okay? A- Butter!!” I said as the dog jumped into the tub splashing the two of us wet. There goes my plans of not wetting my hair.

“What happened?”

“Butter wanted to go swimming. I need to go before I get electrocuted by my phone headset.”

“Okay see you tomorrow. Do you want Gimbap?”

“I think Ren is taking me too school tomorrow but I would still love the gimbap.”

“Oh.. oh well.. see you.”

“Bye Oppa. Eat your dinner okay?”

“sure. Bye.”

A few seconds passed.

“You end the call.” I said laughing.

“No you end it.” he said also laughing.

“On the count of three?”

“Okay.”

“One, two, three.” I said and waited for the dial tone but instead heard laughter. Butter started splashing around again. “Okay. This time I need to really go. See you tomorrow Oppa.”

“Good night Flo.”

“Sweet dreams.” I said and ended the call.

It was around 11 when Aiden and Ren forced me to go to sleep since I had school tomorrow. I had given them the starting formulas and they said they can manage without me for the night.

I was settling in bed and was about to turn off the lights when my phone rang again. I glance at the caller and smiled.

“Hey wolf boy.” I greeted.

“Hey yourself my Brain Girl. Going to sleep?”Kris answered. Even his voice in the phone is attractive.

“Just about to.  What’s up?” I asked.

“Just wanted to say good night.” Kris said.

“Okay.”

“Don’t dream about food.”

“What will I dream about then?”

“Your gorgeous boyfriend for example.”

“That can work. Are you going to sleep too?”

“No yet. I just got home from playing basketball with Tao. Just cooling down then a shower. Luhan is already asleep though.”

“Hmm it seems you found a new best friend.”

“Tao’s cool.”

“That’s great Kris.”

“Do I detect jealousy?”

“No actually I’m glad you found someone other than Luhan and me you’d want to hang out with.”

“Are you tired of me?”

“Did you just bump your head? Why would I get tired of my gorgeous boyfriend? Duh.”

“You’re so lucky to have me Flo.” Kris said laughing.

“I know I know. “

“But I’m luckier to have you.”

“Aww… Is my wolf boy going mushy?”

“Hardly.”

I was about to laugh but yawned instead.

“I’m going to let you sleep now.” Kris said.

“Thanks. See you at school tomorrow oppa.”

“okay. Good night Flo.”

“Night. Sweet dreams.”

“I will.” Kris said and ended the call.

I placed my phone on the bedside table and put my head on Spade’s furry tummy. Spade the alpaca is a big one while Peanut the Elephant fitted right in my arms. Butter was asleep at the foot of my bed. He was now sleeping in my room since Ren and Aiden pets and spoils him too much that all my discipline training will be put in vain. Since my room in the big house is bigger the other stuff toys were in places where my dog can’t reach them.

“Good night guys.” I said and closed my eyes.

+++

Kai POV

I walk to the school slowly. I had so much time since I’m not fetching Flo in the morning now. Her brother always takes her to school these past few days and fetches her during the afternoon. She hadn’t been in any of our outings as a group since she started with the phase two, that was she called it, of her search for Luhan and Kris’s antidote.

I’m waiting who will complain that she is neglecting us but all of them seemed to understand that whatever Flo is doing is important, even Minny is not complaining.

That is not the case for me. I wanted to complain from day one. I haven’t even made up for all those time I wasted on practicing for the contest and now I can’t spend my new found freedom with her. That . I haven’t even got to spend time with her alone.

I’m being ridiculous.

I arrive at the room to see that she was not here yet. Well that seemed normal since I always arrive before her.

“Morning Kai.” Minny said entering behind me. I look behind her to see Luhan putting up her coat in the rooms coat closet.

“Morning guys.” I answered sitting down.

It was just before the bell rang when Flo entered the class room.

“Morning.” She said and yawned.

Another thing I’d like to complain about. She always looks so tired these days. She said that’s because whatever they’re making is not as easy as they thought. That was the gist of it. She had explained it in more elaborate words but I got the meaning. She’s having a tough time figuring it out even with Aiden and Ren help.

“What time did you sleep this time?” Minny asked also seeing her tired face.

“Won’t tell you.” Flo said sitting down smiling at me.

“Flo you need to rest.” Minny said.

“I am. Stop being a big sister.” Flo said smiling at Minny. “How was the movie date?”

She was changing the topic. When Minny first pointed out how tired she is starting to look she didn’t mind but when we all started to pester her she stopped and said that if she has to spend all her nights awake just to help Luhan and Kris she will do it. She then proceeds to tell us some of the things she needs to do and why she has to sleep late because of it.

We all understood but she can’t remove the fact that we were just worried. Heck she even looks more tired than Luhan now.

“I’m going to the library.” Flo said when study hour came up.

“Can I come with you?” I asked.

“Sure. Come on.”  She said and waved good bye to the others who wanted to study in the classroom.

Our exams were coming up and even with her limited time Flo managed to make us notes to study for the exam. It was written in such a simple way that it made studying easier. The rest of our classmates saw it and demanded a copy. Flo asked that it will not spread outside our class or else the adviser of Class A will began to pester her again on transferring sections.  The class immediately agreed; it was not only us who didn’t want to lose her.

When we reached the library it was packed.

“Ehh..” Flo said frowning.

“Come on let’s go to the rooftop.” I said pulling her back out. “At least there we can eat something.”

“Good point.” Flo said letting drag her. We stopped at the vending machines to buy something and walked to the roof top.

We arrived there and proceed to sit down at our favorite spot where the shade doesn’t move and was invisible from those below. I removed my coat so she can put it over her legs since she had stopped wearing leggings since it was getting warmer.

“What do you need to do anyway?” I asked her as she leaned back on the wall.

“Actually nothing. I wanted some fresh air to clear my head.” she said.

“Then take a deep breath.” I said.

She did so and also yawned.

“You look tired.” I said reaching out to touch her hair

“Don’t start Kai.” Flo answered stretching.

“I worry that you might suddenly collapse from exhaustion.” I said.

“I won’t silly but if I do catch me will you?” she said grinning.

“Of course. What else am I suppose to do?” I answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter