The Red Dress

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minny POV

I watch as Flo was pulled inside and swung around by a very different looking Aiden. He had longer hair that covered his forehead and he lost the glasses. He now looked even younger. He can be mistaken as one of us.

“Aiden! You’re here!” Flo said hugging him when he finally put her down.

My eyes strayed to Kai who was watching the exchange with a blank face, then I looked down to see his fist clenched. Yeah. He’s jealous.

“Missed me love?” Aiden said in Korean.

“Oh your Korean is much better.” Flo said.

“Of course I wanted to come back here so I needed to study the language.” Aiden answered not letting Flo go. FLo out of hapiness -maybe- looped her arms around Aiden's neck and gave him a fond kiss on the cheek. 

"I missed you love." She said using the infamous British accent that I now know for sure makes boys crazy. 

I watch as Aiden's eyes darken a bit, he then he shook his head and smiled at the girl in his arms ruefully. Flo grinned amused at him and let him go. 

She looked back at us still grinning.

“Guys come inside. Those bags are heavy.” Flo said to us. “take them to the kitchen.”

We entered Flo’s apartment and it looked like a mess and she saw it too.

“What happened here?!” She exclaimed looking around. “What did you do to my apartment?!”

“Umm well we just arrived and dumped our bags..” Aiden answered removing the arm on Flo's waist and scratched the back of his head.

“You boys are such slobs wait where are the dogs?! Where’s my baby?!” Flo demanded to Aiden.

“They’re in your room.” Aiden answered.

“No!” Flo said running to her room and opening the door. The moment she opened the door and the three dogs came out barking at her. She patted Butter’s head and rushed inside.

I was curious what made her so frantic so I followed her inside. Her room was also a mess.

“Oh they’re okay.” Flo said picking up Peanut the elephant and Spade the alpaca from the floor. I can hear the relief in her voice.

“Is everything alright Flo?” I ask her. She look back at me and smiled.

“Yeah everythings cool. Good thing the dogs didn’t murder my zoo.” Flo said putting back the elephant and the alpaca back on her bed. I can see the others where all scattered around her room.

The stuff toys had made her rather cold room into a more warmer and cozy one. A room that should belong to a 18 year old.

She puts her hand through mine and pulls me back out. She securely closes the door behind her.

“Is my sister back?” We heard Ren’s voice.

“I’m here and you made a mess.” Flo answered. “Who put the three dogs in my room?”

“Aiden did.” Ren answered pointing to Aiden.

“He suggested it!” Aiden answered pointing back at Ren.

“Well please don’t do it again. I like my room not in shambles. They might eat something there that might cause them to choke. They were fine at the kitchen.” Flo said.

“Sorry Fluffy.” The two older boys chorused.

“And stop calling my Fluffy.” Flo said sighing. “Alright. Can you two please fix your mess? I need to start dinner.”

“On it.” Aiden said.

“Oh we can help.” Suho said.

The two looked at him with hearts in their eyes.

“No. Let them clean it up.” Flo said a smile tugging in her lips.

“You’re so cruel Fluff!” Aiden said.

“One more Fluffy and you're also going to clean my room.” Flo said letting me go and walked to the kitchen. The dogs following her. “Are you guys hungry?” I heard her talking to the dogs.

“I’m hungry Flo!” Tao answered.

“You want a scobby snack then?” We heard Flo’s answer from the kitchen. “I need help if you guys want to eat dinner before 12.”

“Coming Flo!” D.O. answered.

We all knew that D.O. and Flo can very well finish dinner in no time. The two working in the kitchen is like watching a well oiled machine in progress.  So we - rather they decided to help Ren and Aiden fix up the apartment. They shooed me away from helping so I walked to Flo’s bedroom to tidy it up a bit.

The dogs didn’t do much damage. I knew Kai’s dogs were well trained and Butter seemed to be right on track. I fixed her bed and placed the elephant and the alpaca back on it. The two seemed to be her favorite.

Can it be because it’s from the two boys closest to her? I still don’t know who Flo likes and it’s driving me crazy. I hope it’s Kai but I feel sorry for Kris. Flo seemed to care for the both of them but Kai is on the lead. I haven’t seen Flo going jealous over a girl that talks to Kris.

Then again Kris doesn’t talk to girls that much. He just thanks them and politely walks away. The whole school thinks he’s cold and aloof. They haven’t seen him when his with Flo. They haven’t seen the rare smile Kris has. The one that makes his face softer and more human. The smile he only seems to reserve for Flo.

Maybe that is why Flo doesn’t get jealous when it comes to Kris because Kris obviously has eyes only for her. Then again Flo is also dense.

Uggh. I can’t understand my best friend sometimes.

I finally finished tidying up her bedroom so I walked out and back to the kitchen where everyone seemed to be hanging out.

“Hey Min where did you go?” Flo asked when she saw me.

“I tidied up your room.” I answer sitting down on the stool Luhan had vacated for me. “Thanks Oppa.” I said smiling at him.

“You shouldn’t have.” Flo said.

“But I already did so up.” I answered sticking out my tongue at her.

“Wow. For a moment I saw Flo in you.” Aiden said to me. “I hope you have been influencing Minny with good things love.”

“To be influenced is a conscious process you need to want to be influence in order to be influenced.” Flo said.

“That was deep.” Kris said grinning and picked up a strip of carrot.

“Kris steal one more and I will cut your finger.” Flo saw wielding a mean looking knife.

“You wouldn’t.” Kris answer grinning and took another one.

“Flo your doing it wrong. Cut it diagonal so it’ll be more softer.” Aiden said taking her hand and showed her how to cut it as instructed.

“It’s the same A.” Flo said but letting Aiden guide her hand.

“Aiden let go of my sister.” Ren said hands folded.

“Chill bro I was only showing her how to cut the meat properly.” Aiden answered laughing at Ren.

“Just get away from her.” Ren said still serious.

“Okay okay. Stop with the death glares.” Aiden said letting go of Flo but kissed her cheek before doing so. The action infuriated 3 boys I think.

Ren of course and 2 others.

“Oh A before I forget again what are you doing here?” Flo asked Aiden.

“To attend your birthday party of course.” Aiden answered pulling a strand of her hair loose from her braid and twirling it on his finger.

Kai looks like he wanted to take the knife from Flo’s hands and cut Aiden’s finger away. Ren did it for him- not cut Aiden’s finger but separated Aiden from Flo. He loudly between the two causing Aiden to move away.

“I asked him to come here sis. I saw the data. You will need a biochemist with Aiden’s specialty.” Ren said.

The jolly mood instantly dropped. We all knew what Ren was talking about.

“Ren didn’t tell me what this is all about Flo but I’ll still help you. I’m used to projects which I was kept in the dark. It will be just another experiment.” Aiden said.

“This is not just another experiment Aiden.” Flo said coldly.

“Hey don’t get mad. I don’t know the details so what should I say?” Aiden said.

“Your right.” Flo said sighing then looks at Luhan and Kris. It seemed she was weighing down the options if she can tell Aiden about the two or not.

“You don’t need to tell me anything love I’ll still help you.” Aiden said seeing the conflict on Flo’s face.

It looked liked Kris and her were having a silent conversation.

“I can vouch for his discretion Kris.” Flo said. “We have been on various top secret programs together so I do need his help.”

“I trust your judgment then.” Kris answered.

“Me too Flo.” Luhan said.

“What are you talking about?” Aiden asked eyeing the three.

“Aiden they will tell you what this is all about so you can understand that this is not just another experiment. Luhan why don’t you start?” Flo said.

Luhan was about to talk when an alarm went off.

“That’s the lab. The test array must be done. I need to take them out of the machine.  D.O. can you watch over here?” Flo said checking her phone.

“Sure go ahead.” D.O. answered.

“You guys tell Aiden. Ren where’s the data?” Flo asked taking off her apron.

“It’s in my bag. I’ll show you.” Ren said.

The two siblings went out of the kitchen talking about things I don’t understand. They were talking in English way too fast for me to catch up.

“So I got the clearance to know what this is all about. Why Ren and I just hacked the Institutes data board.” Aiden said looking at Luhan.

“Well it started with me.” Luhan said and told him about everything with Kris supplying some of the details.

“Where does Flo enter the  picture?” Aiden asked.

“She never brought the idea that Kris and I were mystical beings.” Luhan answered.

“As expected. She doesn’t believe in fairytales.” Aiden said nodding.

“She instantly concluded that we were experiments who manage to escape.” Luhan said.

“She should know she has seen actual ones.” Aiden said anger flashing in his eyes.

“So she said that if we were not born like these then maybe she can find something that will normalize us.” Luhan said.

“Ren told me the two of you are a bit different now.” Aiden said looking at the two.

“Yeah. My powers have decreased and sometimes I don’t feel it at all and my mark has disappeared.” Luhan said rubbing his wrist where a tattoo once was embedded. It had disappeared when he was hit on the head by those goons from his past.

“What mark?” Aiden asked.

“This one.” Kris said showing his right hand. The mark glowed a faint blue glow when Kris showed it.

“Wow but that is very visible. Isn’t that not  allowed in school?” Aiden asked.

“Flo gave him a modified concealer. Normal concealers don’t cover it.” I answer.

“Of course. I now understand why she got mad when I called it just another experiment.  It's her friends lives on the line. No wonder she’s serious.” Aiden said his chin.

“She wanted to come to the Institute herself if Ren-sshi didn’t volunteer himself.” I said.

“That would be suicide. Flo must really love you guys.” Aiden said shaking his head ruefully.

“Can you help us Aiden-sshi?” I ask him.

“Of course. That’s why I’m here. Flo and I are the best team to work on it.” Aiden answered smiling at me reassuringly.

“Are you a math genius like Flo?” Kris asked.

“I know my math but my specialty is biochemistry specifically immunology and genetics.” Aiden answered.

“Flo is math genius right?”Chen asked.

“Is that what she tell you?” Aiden answered grinning amused. “Flo is good in almost everything. Math is just her favorite. She is near my ability when it comes to chemistry. She is also linguist, she can learn a language faster than an average human can.”

“No wonder her Korean was great after a few months.” I said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter