Interview with Khan

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hullo..:)

Florence POV

What will I do without my friends? I thought to myself as they sang another EXO sing off key as we tried to find somewhere to eat early in the morning.

“You’ll wake up the whole neighborhood.” I said as they had lowered the windows and were shouting happy new year to people walking on the streets. Good thing most of the people are in good spirits.

They had manage to lift up my dark mood early this morning.

“There Flo. We can eat there.” Minny said pointing to a MacDonald’s.

“Fast food on new year. What a great start.” I said dryly as we parked.

“Well there is no other choice.” Minny answered.

“Should we just leave Butter here?” I ask as the dog barked hearing his name.

“They have an outdoor area and I think they allow pets here.” Suho answered.

Well he should know. He lives around here.

Kai picked up my puppy and attached it’s leash it its collar.

“Come on let’s go. I want some pancakes.” I said getting off the car.

We went inside and ordered breakfast.

“Stop feeding Butter french fries. It’s not good for him.” I said as they tired feeding my puppy a whole container. I pick Butter up and feed him some dog snacks. He me nose. He just so adorable. I kiss his furry head happily.

“Knowing that dog future I’m already envious.” Kris said eating the French fries instead.

“Do you want to turn into this furry dog Kris?” I asked amused. I can’t imagine Kris and the word cute together. He’s just too cool for it.

“Heck no. I’m a wolf.” Kris answered rolling his eyes.

“more like a cub.” Luhan said making us laugh as Kris frowned.

“And you’re a cat.” Kris answered to Luhan. Kris has such a short temper this days.

“Cheer up wolf boy.” I said poking his cheek.

He sighed and then smiled. His anger passing like a fast car.

“I’m sleepy.” Sehun complained.

“Well you boys did stay up all night. Finish up your breakfast so we can go.” I said.

After a few minutes we were done.

After a lot of useless debate they finally agreed to hitch a ride with me since I did get to sleep and they didn’t, I didn’t like them walking home half asleep. They just might cross the road at the wrong time.

What I didn’t anticipate was Kai will be the last one to drop off. Good thing he was in a talkative mode today and Butter was also there to provide some noise. We finally arrive at his home. My range rover can’t go directly to his gate so I parked it in the curb. My heart did a silly little flip when I saw the lamp post. Great just great.

“Want to come in? Mom will be glad to see you.” Kai said taking off his seat belt.

“I would love to but I can’t my phone has been ringing off the hook since this morning. It seems my lab needs me.” I answer. That was true this time.

“Well okay. They did say you should visit again soon.” He said as he open the door and got off. Butter also got off with him jumping out the car and running off.

“Butter!” I exclaimed as I got off to chase him.

“I’ll go get him.” Kai said running after the dog and catching him near their gate.

“I should enroll this puppy to discipline school.” I said as I poked it nose. It barked and my finger.

“He’s partly trained. I picked out the most appropriate dog for you.” Kai said cradling the dog.

“thank you.” I answered. So he was the one who picked this little bugger. He must have noticed I liked his dogs last Christmas eve.

“I have your present by the way.” Kai said taking out a small box.

“You already gave me the puppy!” I exclaimed as he handed me the box.

“That was a group gift. This is just from me.” he answered.

“Can I open it?” I ask.

“No you can just display the box. Of course you can silly girl.” He said rolling his eyes.

“You have far more better gift wrapping skills then Kris.” I said as I opened the gift. Inside was another box that opened containing a necklace.

“Oh Kai it’s beautiful.” I exclaimed as I gently took it out. It was a sliver necklace with a pendant shaped like the sun.

“It’s not as expensive as what you gave me but-“

“But I like it. now stop and help me put it on.” I said grinning taking Butter from his hands and handing him the necklace.

He gently brush my hair to the side and placed the necklace around my neck. I felt goosebumps on my nape as his warm hands touch it. My heart was beating fast as he secured the lock.

“There.” he said turning me around.

“It’s beautiful Kai.” I repeated fiddling with the pendant. “Why the sun?”

“Because you brighten up everything around you. Everything seems better when your around just like a bright sunny day.” He answered blushing a bit.

Why do I have a feeling of déjà vu? Oh right this is exactly what happened on Christmas eve only I was giving the gift.

“Thank you that was so sweet.” I said smiling. I leaned up to kiss his cheek.

He smiled back tucking a strand of my hair back behind my ear and his hand my cheek.

I think history is going to repeat itself as he started to lean down.

But this time we had another spectator.

Butter barked loudly making us jump back. I was holding him so he must have been crushed between the two of us.

“Sorry Butter.” I said petting him. I let out an awkward laugh. “I should go and let you sleep.” And before my crazy hormones rampage my brain again. I add to myself.

“Alright.” Kai said. “See Monday.”

“yeah. See you.” I said opening the door of the range rover and putting Butter back in his box. “You sit still or I’ll put a cover on your box.” I said to him. He barked once and sat down obediently.

“Can I fetch you in the morning?” Kai asked I walked to the driver’s door.

“Maybe Tuesday. I need to do something Monday morning which will make me a bit late.” I answered.

“Fine. Take care Flo.” He said.

“Bye bye. Sweet dreams Oppa.” I said as I slip inside and close the door.

I eased the car and speed away. I look back to see Kai waving before I turned a corner and he disappeared from my view.

How will I handle things with him now? I manage to brush off Kris and Sehun kissing me but I can’t with Kai because well his different. I can feel electricity in the air a while ago. This is going to be hard.

+++

First day of class for the new year and like I said I was running a bit late. I ran inside the school, change my shoes and ran to the classroom the moment the bell rang.

“Saved! Yes.” I exclaimed as I drop into my seat catching my breath. “Is teacher already here?” I asked Kai beside me. he didn’t answer. “Kai?”

I looked at him but he was staring at me. in fact the whole room was straining at me.

“Ummm what’s wrong?” I ask them. I look at my clothes to see if I forgot something. I touched my face and there was no slime or dirt in it. “What?!” I demanded.

“Your hair…” Minny said gapping.

“Oh.” I said as I run my hands through it.

“It’s straight.” Kai said.

“I can see that. Does it look that bad that you guys are just staring at me?” I ask them.

I went to the parlor yesterday for a haircut and they had a free promo hair treatment.

“No. I’m just so used to your other hair.” Minny answered and reached out to touch it. “Is this permanent?”

“Nope. It’ll disappear after a few washes and it’s back to my old hair. I just wanted to try something different but I don’t have the guts to permanently straighten my hair yet.” I answer as I run my fingers through it.

“You look nice Flo.” Class rep said.

“Thanks! New year’s resolution.” I answered. “Try something new off the list.”

“It’s shorter too.” Kai said touching it.

“Do I look nice oppa?” I asked him imitating his fan girls.

“Of course you do.” He answered.

“Thanks.” I said laughing as our adviser entered the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter