Florence's Galaxy

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

It was all white. White walls. White tiled floors. White and cold.. so cold.

My fingers gently touched the walls as I looked around. I don’t want to be here.

“Princess.”

My heart jumped and speeds up.

That voice. That buttery accented voice. It can’t be.

“Princess come with me I want to show you something.”

“No.” I whimper as I back away from the source of the voice.

I felt my back hit the cold wall. I look down and saw I was in my school uniform. My current school uniform.

Strange. A part of my head said as she surveyed my clothing and surroundings.

The white walls, the white floor, the coldness was the same but why am I wearing my school uniform.

“Princess. Come along now.”

I don’t want to go but a force behind me is pushing me. My feet involuntarily move and I’m confused to see them walk faster. Was I always this curious about everything? My body moves mechanically as I followed the voice.

A part of me wants to run- a primitive instinct that keeps you safe, it’s screaming run run run- but the snobbish curious part of me bullishly followed the voice and find out what it wants to show me. I’m not easily scared so if the voice plans so surprising me with something scary he will be in for a big disappointment.

I rounded a corner and there waiting was a silhouette of a man.

So the voice belongs to a man. Now I know what pronoun I can use to address him.

He was standing in front of a massive set of metal double doors. It also white.  The door opens up to a room which is shrouded in darkness except for a few meters that was close to the door since they were lighted by the light from the corridor.

“Come.” He said waving his arm.

I followed him mutely and we entered the room.

It was even colder. I pull my jacket tighter and a familiar scent whiffed from it. This jacket can’t be mine. I use a different perfume but I love this scent. It makes me remember someone who makes me feel safe. I pull it even tighter.

“Princess. Come on look.”

I raised my eyes.

I can feel my eyes grow wide as I surveyed the room.

No. This can’t be happening again. Why am I having this dream again? This must be a dream. It has to be a dream.

The cold room was now lighted with harsh florescent lights making everything look whiter than they were. Robots that reminded me of Iron Man the movie dotted the huge room making me realize that beside’s me and the man we we’re the only humans.. no wait.

No. it can’t be.

Huge glass tubes dotted the room. I glance up to see various tubes intertwining above and connecting to the tubes below. The tubes were a technological masterpiece. Held by a plastic like material as the base it stood up beautifully as blue, red, violet, green lights shimmer and blinked. Water fluidly move around inside it. It was so beautiful to look at.

I wanted to scream and run away.

Something was inside the tube.. not something. Someone.

A beautiful child years younger than me was encapsulated inside. I moved closer and touched the cold surface of the glass tube. She was beautiful.

Why is she inside this tube?

I was about to as the man behind me when the child moved and opened her eyes. Green. Emerald green eyes started at me and I back away as pain, fear and a plea for help radiated from them. Bubbles escaped from the girl’s dainty mouth as her hand moved.

“Get her out. She’ll drown.” I said as the child held out her hand reaching out. Her eyes I can imagine were silently crying. moving, mouthing words I can’t hear nor understand. “Please. Get her out. She’ll drown. Please.”

“No she won’t.” The voice answered and I watched horrified as a small metalic tube slithered down from the top of the tube. I wound itself around the arm of the child as she started to trash around the tube. She move and pounded on the glass wall helplessly. The tube reared back like a snake and I can see the needle faintly. It stabbed itself on the arm of the child.

She trashed even harder for a few moments but then stilled. Another tube got down and attached itself to the mouth and nose of the child. Her eyes never closed. I can see them quiver. Why are they still open? She must have been injected with tranquilizer but why are they still open. She’s supposed to fall asleep. It must be needed so we can pull her out safely.

“Suspended animation. Awake but to a lesser degree.”

“She’s still awake? Why? When will we get her out?” I demanded. I wanted to come closer but those green eyes staring at me scared me.

The man behind me laughed jovially and it was then that I looked around. Dozens of tubes dotted the room and all of them contain a human being inside. And all of them were staring at me.

This time is when I usually wake  up and scream my head off… but why am I not waking up?

“Come. I want to show you more.”

Why in heaven’s name am I still following him?

Because I had no choice. I don’t know how to get out of here and those eyes. Those silent screams coming out of them. 

We rounded a corner and I stopped dead in my tracks.

No. No. No.

“Do you like my newest addition Princess? It seemed you needed some motivation so I decided to bring them here. They look fascinating don’t they? I should collect more children from that region.”

NO. No. This can’t be real.

I pinched myself hoping to wake myself out of this nightmare but it was useless.

Xiumin’s eyes followed me as I drew closer. 

“I’ll do anything you want. Please. Please let them go.’ I said and I can feel the desperation in my voice. I need to get them out of here.

I touched Sehun’s tube and pounded on it. His arm jerked towards me and his eyes were wide with fear.  My baby. No please not my maknae.

“please.” I beg.

They were all here. I felt tears of fear and frustration seep out as the man ignored me but went on humming happily as I went from tube to tube. I felt my heart stop as I saw two were empty. Then I saw Minny.

“NOO!” I screamed and ran towards her.

The glass collided with my fist as I tried to break it. Minny pounded on the other side screaming my name as tears fell down from her eyes.

“No please. Let her go, let them go. Please. I’ll do anything you want. Please.”  I begged as I slumped over Minny’s tube crying, my fist red from my useless pounding on the glass.

The man merely laughed.

I watched horrified as water started to fill up the tubes fast.

“No please President! Please! I’ll stay. I’ll be your slave forever. Please let them go.” I screamed as Minny resumed her banging on the tube. I look back to see my other friends also banging, pounding on the tube trying to get out. Luhan’s eyes were red as he tried to punch his way out but it was to no avail. His eyes darted from me to Minny in helplessness.

There was a commotion and then two men in black crisp suits rounded the corner dragging someone with them. That someone was fighting hard.

“We caught this one trying to escape.” One said.

“Kris!” I said and lunged at him but the President held me back.

“Flo? Florence!” Kris said as he stopped struggling and faced me. His eyes were also red. His blonde hair in disarray. His face pinched with fatigue and fear.

“Please let him go.” I begged to the President.

“Oh no Princess. This one is special.” He answered and nod.

Kris fell to the ground unconscious and I look up to see one guard holding a syringe like gun. The President let me go and I ran to Kris.

“Kris? Wolf boy? Oppa. Please wake up.” I said cradling his head.

My normally hot temperature wolf boy was so cold. I brush hair away from his face to see scratches on it and also in his arms. He was too wearing our uniform. I look at my friends in the tubes and they were too wearing our uniform. The tubes were already half filled. DO was struggling. I need to do something.

Tears fell from my eyes onto Kris face as I racked my brain for something to do.

“Please let them go.” I cried.

I look up again and abruptly realize that one is still missing.

He’s still safe.

My momentary spike of happiness at his safety was jarred out of me when Kris was roughly taken away from me and manhandled by the two guards.

“Where you taking him? Bring him back! Let my friends go!” I screamed as I held on Kris arm pulling him away from the guards frantically. One pushed me away roughly but I stubbornly held on to Kris. I kicked him back on the shin hard. He bellowed  in pain as the President laughed.

He pulled me away roughly from Kris and held my arm in a vice like grip that was hard to get away from.

“Put him in another tube. Make it harder and reinforce it like the one we used for the other one. Make sure he doesn’t escape again. He’s more powerful than the other one is. I can get so things from this one” The president ordered and held on me as Kris was shoved into one of the last remaining tubes.

“Please.” I begged.

“Come along now.” He said and pulled me away.

I struggled; I fought to get out of his hold as I watched in desperation and horror as all of them got covered in water.

“Come on. Don’t you want to see your latest success with the experiments?” He asked in an amused tone as he pulled me away. “Don’t you want to see that boy you love so much?”

Boy I love so much? No. It can’t be. He’s safe. He can’t be here. He must be safe. I will go insane if I find him here.

I glanced again at my friends as those snake-like tubes from the top slithered down and attached themselves on their faces.

I will get you guys out. Even if it’s the last thing I do.

We rounded another corner and came upon an island of equipment that resembled that of an operating room.

My heart all but died when I saw someone strapped in the bed in the middle of it.

I felt the President’s arm let go of me as I stumbled over to the operating bed. My head was swirling with anguish as I reach the bed. I crumpled over the side and cried.

“Oppa. Oppa.” I said as I heaved myself up and touched his face. He was asleep.

“What you have done was amazing. The wolf serum matched with him perfectly.”  I knew what he meant and my brain was horrified but it was overpowered by the anguish I was now feeling as I his face gently.

“Kai. I’m so sorry.” I murmured.

It was then that he opened his eyes.

They were bloody red.

+++

Kai POV

I woke up to Florence screaming besides me. I jump out of bed in full alert, adrenaline running through me as I looked for what made her scream but I can see none. I look back at her to see her eyes closed. She was trashing around the bed, sweat running down her forehead mixing with the tears from her closed eyes.

I hastily crawled back to bed and tried to wake her up.

“Flo? Flo wake up.  It’s just a nightmare. Wake up Flo.” I said getting worried as she continued to trash around and scream incoherently.  I can only catch Minny, Sehun and Kris from what she’s saying.

“Florence! Come on wake up!” I said shaking her harder.“Flo please!”

After a few more intense moments her eyes finally opened and they were wide with fear.

“Kai? Kai?!” she said clutching me.

“Yes. I’m here. It was just a dream.” I answered.

“Oppa! I was so scared.” She replied lunging at me and burying herself onto my chest crying hard.

“Shhhss. It was just a nightmare Flo.” I said soothingly as I her back. “I’m here. Don’t be afraid.”

“I- I…” She said and hiccuped.

“Shhss genius. Stop crying.” I said as I wiped away her tears.

“I’m scared.” She answered looking up at me, her blue eyes full of fear, anguish and defeat.

“What we’re dreaming about? It might help if you tell me.” I offered pulling her closer as I wrap the comforter around us more snugly.

I let her compose herself for a few minutes.

“It was an old nightmare… I haven’t had it for months now and ..”

“Yes?”

“I was back at the institute and the President was again giving me a tour like the first time..”

My arms involuntarily pull her even closer when she mentioned the Institute.

“I was so scared of it because I was back there and I was a kid again.. those eyes… but then it shifted. It changed.”

“How?”

“I suddenly grew up and I was wearing our school uniform.”

“Go on.”

“And he had Minny and the others.. all of them were inside the tubes Oppa… I couldn’t save them.”

“shhhss.. That won’t happen.”

“And then Kris.. they had Kris. They we’re going to use him.”

She didn’t say anything for a few moments after that. She just hugged me tighter and cried harder.

“And then they had you.”

“What happened next?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter