Death by a Rotten Apple

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

The ride home was filled with Luhan singing, Kris rapping and Kai attempting to dance while seated. The three of them made my heart feel so warm and mushy that I can feel myself melting once we back to the manor and see the others. My eyes start to tear up as I imagine seeing the rest of my friends. Minny would probably scream, sob and slobber me with her tears. Tao will probably burst in tears alongside Minny; Suho will collapse with relief, Sehun will probably say that I’m a bad friend  for making him anxious and then hug me, Xiumin and Lay will warp me in their warm arms, Chanyeol will be screaming party and running around like a beagle – minus the barking, Beakhyun will be pointing an accusing finger at me and claiming that I gave him so much stress along with imitating Tao’s horribly amusing crying, Chen will be a mother hen fusing all over me, DO will probably give me a hug then run to the kitchen to cook something.

I wipe a stray tear that fell out as my musings was interrupted by someone’s phone ringing.

“Oh hey it’s Minny.” Luhan said pulling out his phone. “I thought Ren hyung said not to call us unless it’s a-“

I felt the calmness seep out of my system and the sense of foreboding comes back in a tsunami wave as I watch Luhan’s face go white.

“He-“ Luhan’s greeting was interrupted by Minny’s hysterical voice on the other end.

“Luhan!! LUHAN ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!” She shrieked.

“Minny. Baby, take a deep breath for me.” Luhan ordered. “Good. Now tell me what’s wrong? Ren Hyung said not to call us unless it’s important.”

“Put her on speaker.” I order.

“Are you okay? Please tell me your okay first.”  Minny’s voice filled the car and I felt my heart clench at the despair in it. “Lu are you okay?!”

“I’m fine.” Luhan answered in a soothing tone. “We’re going home now.”

“But the man said you were hurt! Kris was shot, Kai’s missing and Flo’s dying!” Minny said and I can hear a different sound on the background. Cars, they’re moving.

“Minny.” I called out.

“Is that Flo?! That sounded like Flo! Is she okay?!” Minny said.

“I’m fine. Minny calm down. Breathe.” I order which apparently didn’t translate as she started to scream again and a static ensued on the other side.

Suho’s voice replaced Minny’s.

“Sorry Lu-ge, Minny suddenly lost the ability to talk when she thought she heard Flo.” Suho said trying to sound calm.

“Great. I should sign up for ghost story readings.” I said. “Suho it’s really me.”

“Flo?” He asked doubtful.

“Yup.” I answered.

Another scuffle ensued. I heard Sehun’s voice and then Lay’s. They were all asking for the phone but Suho didn’t give it to them.

“Guys!” I said loudly.

“Flo!” A babble of voices.

“Listen.” I answered. “give the phone to Suho. Now.”

“Flo?” Suho said after a few second.

“Suho where are you guys?” I asked.

“We’re in a car going to the institute. One of the men guarding us said the Arthur suddenly got sick and we needed to go to the Institute fast since you guys were badly hurt. Then the phone Ren Hyung left me for instructions rang and some spoke to us in Korea saying the same thing. Flo we’re on our way. Please hold on.” Suho said.

“No.” I said forcing myself to not step on the pedal of the car and make it speed up. “Get out now. Get back to the Manor. NOW!”

“But-“

“That driver is a spy-“

“HEY! Give that back! Hey! What are you doing! HEY!” Suho’s voice interrupted me and then the call ended.

“Call them back. Damnit.” I said clenching the steering wheel.

“The phone’s now off coverage.” Luhan answered.

“All of their phones are off coverage.” Kai said from the back. “I tried calling Lay and DO.”

“Damn.” I said and cursed. “It’s a freaking trap. We have a rotten apple in the household. Damnit.”

“Flo I managed to track Tao’s phone. It’s still on but I think calling them won’t be a great idea. They’re indeed headed to the Institute.” Kris said showing me his phone.

I swore again and pushed the breaks making the car do a dangerous U turn. The car swiveled and we were now going back to the Institute.

“Where are we going?” Kai asked.

“Back to the Institute.” I answer pushing the car to its fastest.

“You just said it’s a trap!!” Kai answered. “it’s a trap for you!”

“I know but we can’t let him have them! He will kill them one by one if I don’t go back.” I answered.

“FLO!”

“It’ll be fine. We’ll think of something.” I answer. “Kris are they already in the Institue?”

“Nope. I think near it. “ Kris answered. “They’re on a main road.”

He said the name of the road the same time I spot the exit to the said road. A few minutes later we were out of the country road and into a bustling main road. I drove faster, making the car do dangerous maneuvers just to catch the van before the reach the Institute.

My mind was racing looking for a plan to get all of us safely the same time Kris exclaimed that the white van in front of us was them.

“We can’t let them reach the Institute. We still might have a chance.” I said The van was already a few meters ahead so I pushed the car again and followed it.

“What are planning?!” Luhan asked as I drove parallel to the van.

I lowered down my window and a few moments later the van did the same.

“Flo!” Minny screamed.

“Driver! Whoever you are I order you to stop this care now!” I screamed at the man driving the car.  “STOP IT RIGHT NOW!”

“I don’t take orders from you Lady Flo.” He answered and grinned evilly.

“Guys! Try to overpower him! Take the wheel from him! Hurry!” I ordered.

“How?!” Sehun asked.

“Do anything! Clobber him with something! Make Tao do a whu shu move! JUST HURRY!” I screamed back.

I watched anxiously as Tao did do a whu shu move. The drive slumped on the wheel unconscious and the van swiveled towards us dangerously.

“Brace for impact guys.” I said as I maneuvered the car to guide the van. It hit us hard and the car moved to the left together with the van. I turned the wheel towards the right to counteract the movement.

“Somebody take the freaking wheel please!” Luhan shouted.

Lay reached out for the wheel as Minny pushed the drive out of the car from the open door that someone must have opened. Suho nimbly placed himself in the driver seat. I was about to let out a relieved breathe –

“Tree! TREE!” Beakhyun’s voice shouted.

I looked away from the van to see a huge tree going towards us and also the looming gates of the Institute.

I used the car to push the van out of the way and swiveled to the left missing the tree by inches, that can’t be said for the gates.

“Brace yourselves!” I shouted as the gates speed closer.

I duck behind the wheel the same time Kris lurched towards me to use himself as a shield. Glass shattered and rained on us as the car slammed hard on the gate.

“Flo! Are you alright??!” Kai exclaimed.

“Yes.” I said and looked back at him to see him scraped but fine. “Kris?”

“I’m fine.” The boy beside me answered.

“Lu?”

“Fine. Can we get out?” Luhan answered.

The four of us scrambled out of the car and I yelped as arms suddenly enveloped me.

“FLO! FLO!” Minny’s voice but the arms were way manly to belong to her.

“Air! I need air!” I gasped out and looked up to see myself sandwich between Sehun, Tao and Lay. “guys!”

“Flo!” Minny said again as she pushed her way towards me and warp herself around me. “Flo!”

“Minny my ear drums.” I said but hugged her back. “You okay?”

“Yes! You?” She asked.

“I’m fine now.” I answered wiping her tears. I let her go and shoved her to Luhan before she makes me cry. “Go hug your boyfriend.”

“Oppa!” She shrieked as another three – this time Chanyeol, Beakhyun and Chen- hugged me.

“Are you real?” DO ask as Xiumin pinched my cheek.

“De.” I answered.  “Come on let’s get out of here.”

The three human sandwiches let me go and Chanyeol deftly pushed me towards Kai. Since my current condition was not that great I stumbled, good thing boyfriend had fast reflexes.

“Falling all over me I can see.” He said grinning as he pulled me upright. “You okay?”

“Yes but please. Let’s get out of here.” I answered.

“How?” Suho asked.

Before I can answer another voice I didn’t know called out from the darkness.

“Hey is everyone okay? That was some crash.” Two guards from the gate approached us one carrying an emergency kit.

“We’re fine! We already called a tow truck and another van to fetch us.” I answered waving. “I’ll just leave my name, number and address so you can send the bill for the damages there.”

Before they can even reply four men from behind them appeared and two shots rang in the darkness. Minny screamed and crowed behind Luhan. The other boys huddled together. Kai placed himself in front of me.

“Flo they’re wearing grey.” Kris hissed.

I didn’t answer as headlights from behind us illuminated them. I through we’re saved when Luhan suddenly shouted that more grey men were inside the cars approaching.

“I thought you said he won’t mobilize the army outside of that level?” Kris said.

“I thought wrong then.” I answered back. “How many?”

“4 in front of us.” Kris answered.

“3 cars approaching behind.” Luhan answered.

“Flo?” Kai said. “Think fast.”

“I am.” I answer. “Kris let’s take down the four in front. The best chance we have is to go inside the institute and hide in the woods. We can’t face those cars.”

“Agreed.” Kris sand and I shudder as a growl escaped from him. His eyes grew red again and the aura of power came back.

Another shot rang from the grey men in front of us.

“We know your there Florence Khan. If you don’t want your beloved friends be shot down one by one better surrender.” One said.

“Now.” I said.

Kris then Luhan charged ahead fast and the four men were down and unconscious.

“COME ON! Hurry!” Kris ordered.

“Guys come on.” I said pulling Kai and DO with me. “Run inside. Follow me.”

We ran inside and behind the wall the same time the shots from the cars behind us started.

“run! RUN!” I order.

We run into the thick trees that grew on the side near the walls keeping close to each other.

“Where are we going?” Xiumin asked.

 I looked back to see him and Luhan helping Minny run faster. Luhan looked like he just wanted to carry Minny.

“We need to reach the back gate the four of us used earlier. We’re much safer using that gate then going back to the main entrance or the side gates. President must have mobilized his army.” I answered panting.

“I thought you said he won’t come after you with guns blazing?” Luhan asked.

“He must be desperate then. He even used the others as bait.” I answer. “Who knows what he would have done if we didn’t manage to reach you.”

“Where’s Ren Oppa and the others?” Minny asked.

“Don’t know. They can manage. I need to get you lot out of here fast.” I said.

“Freeze!” Two voices shout and two grey men were in front of us.

Kris charged forward and took done one, then another. He didn’t notice a third sneaking up on him.

“Kris!” I exclaimed as the third grey man raised his gun.

Tao suddenly leaped forward and the grey men, distracted, shot at him instead. Tao did a front roll then did a short sprint jumping up high just as the grey men pulled the trigger again. Tao did a back flip mid air and landed the back of his right foot squarely on the head of the third grey man. We heard a crack and the man fell on the ground unconscious. Tao landed on the ground hunched and panting hard.

“Tao? Tao!” Kris exclaimed as Tao nearly face palmed the ground but Kris grabbed him by the elbow.

“Hurts.” Tao gasped out.

“His hit.” Kris said lopping Tao’s arm on his shoulders. “That was an idiotic thing to do Zitao!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter