The Garden with the Glass Sky

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

Just when we thought we had to dig through dirt to get back to the underground experiment level Mike did some magic and found another way inside. The Institute, despite its modern look was in fact a very old company. So it made sense that there were old tunnels everywhere. We would gotten lost in the said tunnels if not for Mike- again- who was guiding us.

We tumbled through a hole in wall and into a guardless corridor; we were now back in the white labyrinth. I dust the dirt off the black jacket I was wearing and looked around.

“We stand out like a sore thumb.” Aiden mumbled as he helped Julie up. Luhan was also dusting himself up. Kai was zipping up his black jacket. Ren was looking at a small hologram of a map that was projecting from his watch. Aiden was right, we were all wearing black, and we can be spotted miles away in this place.

“No choice.” Ren answered. “Let’s go.”

Ren took the lead walking briskly. Kai and Julie were next, with Aiden, Luhan and I taking the rear.  Security cameras were at every corner but I think Mike has already hacked the main computer and was now making us invisible to the people monitoring them. I would like to meet this Mike in the future, he must be just as brilliant as Flo is, or maybe near her abilities.

“The next right corridor leads to the room where Flo’s GPS signal is emitting but there is a slight problem.” Mike said.

Mike doesn’t know Korean but apparently he and Julie made some voice translator and installed it in our ear piece so whatever Mike is saying is now in Korean.

“What’s the problem?” Julie asked.

“Guards. Four guards are stationed in front of the door. From their information here they only speak Hungarian.” Mike answered.

“I’ll take care of that.” Ren answered. “J care to be my translator?”

“Sure.” Julie answered. “Your lot stay here until we give the signal. Kris, Luhan take down the guards before they can call for backup.”

“Okay.” Luhan answered. He glanced at me and I saw the red staring to creep into his eyes.

“Bro can you handle it?” I asked quietly.

“I need to. We need to get Flo. I’m not letting her stay there any longer.” Luhan answered and the red exploded in his eyes. I heard the low growl that rumbled through him. “Let’s get the genius out. I want a word with her.”

“Me first.” I answered and let the power surge free. I felt strong, powerful. I felt it growl. My mark heated up as I felt my senses sharpen.  “left or right ge?”

“Right.” Luhan answered grinning as he went into a crouch, tensing himself waiting for the signal as Ren and Julie rounded the corner and disappeared from our line of sight.

“Excuse me sir.” One voice with a strong accent said.

“I’m here to see my sister, Florence Khan. I’m Ren Khan.” Ren said and we heard Julie translate it to the same language. “Let us through.”

The voice answered back and then we heard a scuffle. It was followed by an ominous sound of a riffle being loaded.

“Kris, Luhan! Now!” Julie loudly.

Luhan glanced at me, grinned again and was off with me following closely. We rounded the corner a second later and stopped behind the guards. They never saw what was coming. I dropped a blow on one’s nape and another one on the other guard. I glanced at Luhan to see he was just delivering the second below on the last guard; they all were now unconscious on the floor.

“I win.” I answered grinning and let out the air I was holding in.

“Bah. You have the advantage of not changing yet.” Luhan answered dusting his hands as his foot prodded the unconscious human in front of him. “That one uses way too much hair gel. Ugg.”

“Nice job boys.” Julie said as she took out a small clear bottle with red liquid inside. The bottle had a mist sprayer attached on its head.  She shook the bottle gently a few times then proceeded to spray the liquid on the unconscious guards. “Sleeping potion. This will make them sleep for about 3 hours.”

“We don’t have that long of a window.” Ren said. “Mike can you open the doors?”

“Give me a second” Mike answered and we can hear some tapping in the background. “Open sesame!”

I heard the soft hiss of escaping air as the metal doors in front of us opened.

“Guys drag these bodies inside. We can’t let the other guards see their fallen comrades.” Julie said. “Let’s go R?”

Ren was standing at the threshold of the room with a blank expression.

“Ren?” Julie asked.

“It looks like a prison cell.” Ren murmured and then stepped inside.

We followed with Luhan, Aiden, Kai and I dragging an unconscious guard. The door closed silent behind us. I dropped the heavy man and looked around.

The cold air circulating inside the room added to its already sterile appearance. White walls and white floor, the only thing the broke the all white surface was a small bed. Ren hyung was right. It does look like a prison cell and the Prisoner is missing. She’s not on her bed.

“Fluffy!” Ren exclaimed and Ren to one corner.

My eyes squinted at the small figured huddled in the corner. It must be Flo since it had the caramel tint in the hair. The figure had her arms around her knees, her head buried in them and was gently rocking back and forth.

“Flo? Baby? Are you okay?” Ren asked frantically but was hesitating to touch the figure.

I was the last one that came close and it was just in time as Ren grasped the figure’s chin and gently pulled it up.

I felt my heart lurch and clench again.

It was indeed Flo- but it was a mere shell of the girl. Her eyes were stall dull, unfocused, empty. A streak of blood was on her face.

“Flo? Can you hear me?” Ren said.

Apparently she didn’t hear since she was not answering.

“Flo? Florence?” Ren said louder.

“Ren you know she doesn’t hear you.” Julie said wiping the blood on Flo’s cheek. There was a small cut on her face.

“You’re up Kai.” Aiden said behind us. “Let him try Ren. We have a time deadline.”

“Fine. Wake her up.” Ren said standing up.

Kai moved forward slowly and knelt in front of Flo. He gently brushed away the hair covering her face. I can see clearly that pain in his face as he her face.

“Flo.. it’s me.” He said gently.

+++

Florence POV

I’m in my happy garden. There were sunflowers and cherry blossoms everywhere. I’m happy and safe here. I looked up to the strange glass sky. It looked like a shield or barrier from the darkness outside. I didn’t know what that darkness is and I don’t have any plans of knowing what it is. It looked scary. Here in my garden it was bright, warm and safe. Outside the glass sky it looked cold. I don’t like cold.. unless it’s ice cream and snow.

I take another sunflower and braided it into my flower crown. I was making one for me, one for mom. Ren and dad didn’t like to wear them. They said it was only for girls so I’m only making two.

I hummed a song I didn’t know the title of but it made me happy singing it.

“I lost my mind, the moment I saw you…” I sang softly as I braid another sunflower

I wonder why I’m happy singing this song. I didn’t even know the lyrics I’m singing.

I’m happy here but I wonder why…

“Stop thinking about it.” A voice ordered me. It came from everywhere and nowhere.

“But why? I’m curious.” I answered pouting.

“Just stop thinking about that song. Sing another one.” The voice ordered.

“alright.. you’re so bossy.” I complain. “na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae..” I sang happily.

“Sing another song stupid girl!!” The voice thundered.

“But I like that song!! And the previous one too!” I complained.

“Fluffy.. please another song.. why not some westlife?” The voice suggested in a tried voice.

I sighed and decided to just stop singing and just hum aimlessly. I wonder why those two songs made me happy by just singing them… why?

“I said stop thinking about it!” The voice said.

I was about to retort when another voice rang inside my garden.

“Flo.. it’s me.” The voice said.

I know that voice… but I can’t find its name. I like that voice. I knew in my heart that I really liked listening to that voice.

“Flo? Please wake up. Come back to me Flo please.” The voice said again.

I stand and walked around looking for the source of that other voice. I heard it once here but I can’t remember when.

“Flo? Please. Wake up.” the voice sounded worried and sad. I don’t want it to sound worried. I like hearing that voice happy.

I drop the sunflower crown and ran.

“Where are you?!” I asked loudly.

“Flo. Florence please. Come back.” The voice said again.

“Don’t listen to that voice!! Close your mind!!” The familiar voice that was my companion here in my garden thundered.

“Flo? Please. Come back love. I need you please. Florence please.” The voice said again and I can now hear distress and sadness in it.

“No. please don’t be sad. Where are you?” I asked and abruptly realized I was not speaking in English.

“Fluffy no. Don’t listen to him. Please. We can’t go back. No.” My companion voice said in a tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter