Soul Mate and Destiny

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*DOUBLE UPDATE* 
Please go back to the previous chapter if you went here first..^^

FLO POV

Two days. It has been to days since I have been home at the manor. Two days since Kris and I talked. Two days since I have last since my friends. Two days since I last saw him.. but to me it was like eternity. I wanted to go home every night but mom was adamant I do not drive while half asleep so she gave me a room to sleep in the Institute. Funny. I always thought I never go back there voluntarily yet here I am sleeping there.

But I was back home now and was in front of Kris’s door. I can hear the ruckus inside despite of the sound proof walls, they sound like they were having fun.  I sighed and grinned, hopefully another day and the wolf serum will be done and we call go home.

 I balanced the tray of cupcakes and plate of waffles I made precariously on one hand and knocked on the door. It opened a few seconds later and my heart did a double leap.

Why of all the people it has to be him that has to open the door?

“Oppa..”I said when he didn’t answer the small smile I gave him. He looked at me blankly and my heart beat faster but this time not because of butterflies but because of fear. What was wrong with him? With us?

“Kai who’s there at the door?” I heard DO’s voice call out and he came rounding the corner. “Flo!”

“Hey.” I answered. “Can I come in?”

“Of course you can! Guys Flo’s here!” Do shout and walked towards us at the door. He paused and gave us a funny look; he must have felt the tensed atmosphere between Kai and me. Bless DO because he choose to ignore it and took the tray of cupcakes from my hand leaving me with the plate of waffles. He balanced the tray on one hand and gave me a hug. “Come on. We missed you. We were just hanging out. You look tired.”

“I missed you to DO.” I answered to one of his statements grinning.

“Kai close the door.” DO called out as we rounded the corner.

I decided not to look back not wanting to see him look at me like that again.

“Are those cupcakes?!” Beakhyun exclaimed seeing us.

“FLO!” Minny screamed tackling me.

“Woah Min.” I exclaimed nearly losing my balance but Sehun caught the two of us from behind.

“Where have you been?” Minny demanded letting me go.

“The Institute. Where else will I be?”I answered putting the plate of waffles on the table beside Kris’s bed.

“Is that for me?” he asked eyeing the plates.

“Yes. The doctor said you can eat solid food again.” I answered leaning down to put a kiss on his cheek. Still cold but way better then two days ago. “How are you?”

“I’m fine and will be much better when I get to eat them.” Kris said grinning as he held his arms open for the plate. “Gimme.”

“Don’t you two look sweet.” Chanyeol teased.

I heard Kris start to chuckle but stopped when he saw me grimace. He frowned then looked at someone behind me then back at me. His frown deepened. I took a breath trying to calm myself down.

“You two didn’t make up yet?” he asked quietly in Cantonese.

I shook my head trying to stop myself from crying as I remembered his face.

“Are you two exchanging I love you’s now?” Chanyeol asked.

I didn’t look back still not trusting my poker face.

“Flo I’m sorry.” Kris said softly still in Cantonese.

“Not your fault.” I said he frowned at the sadness in my voice.

“Will you two please talk in Korean!” Minny exclaimed. “Or I’m telling Ren Oppa that your-

“Tell me what?” My brother’s voice entered the room. “have you  guys seen my sister? Her car’s in the garage – oh! Flo!”

I took a deep breath, smiled and looked back at them.

“Hi Nii-chan.” I said.

“Oh my god. After this I’m ordering house arrest for you. You look wasted.” Ren exclaimed walking to me to give me a hug.

“How can I be wasted? I haven’t been near a bottle of alcohol since forever.” I answered wrapping my arms around him.

Alcohol. They have great numbing abilities. Maybe I should raid dad’s cupboard later.

“Ren! Someone’s looking for Flo. I think she’s somewhere here—oh love! Oh dear god you look like a zombie.” Aiden exclaimed seeing me.

“A wasted zombie.” I said smiling at him. “who’s looking for me?”

“It’s Paige Lady Flo.” A girl entered with Julie in the room. Red hair, a freckled face and apologetic green eyes looked at me.

“Oh you’re from the IT department.” I said smiling at her.

“You remember?” She asked surprised.

“Of course you’re under the group that’s in charge with the main computer in – in –“ I paused and closed my eyes. “ In that level.”

Paige smiled at me with understanding in her eyes.

“I’ve never been there lady Flo but it gave our team leader nightmares after going there so it must be bad.” He said softly.

“You have no idea.” I murmured. “So what’s up? why you looking for me?”

“I’m sorry to bother you now when you obviously need rest but the main’s computers is locking us out and we need to get to it to monitor the – “she paused and looked like she was looking for a right word to describe the people inside the tubes. “children.”

I heard Minny’s audible gasp.

I sighed.

“What do you want me to do? Do I need to go back now?” I asked wearily. My mind immediately protested and so did my back. I was so tired already.

“Oh no. We brought a computer that’s connected to the main server of the computer. We hoped you can manipulate the program from here.” Paige said pulling over a big box on wheels.

“Alright. Come we can do it in another room.” I said picking up my bag. “We don’t have to disturb my friends.”

“I’m sorry lady Flo.” Paige said and bowed.

“Flo you can do it here. We don’t mind.”Suho said. “it won’t be that long right?”

“Nope.”I said putting back my bag on a table. “anyway I’ll just borrow that computer. Uncle wants to see all of us so we can do Skype after.”  I pulled out a small sliver box and I heard Paige gasp of amazement.

“Is that-?” she asked holding out her hands for the box.

“My portable hologram touch screen.” I answered smiling at the wonder on her face. “I’m leaving it to you guys when I go home. Use it well.”

“lady Flo this is amazing.” Paige explained setting the box gently on the table. “you made one for Sir Aiden too right?’

“Yes but this one is the updated version.” I answered grinning. “Come on let’s do this so you can go home and I can go hug my bed.”

I connected the hologram to the computer then connected it to my computer in the Institute which is in turn able to access the main computer of the – pause- experiment level.

A soft blue glow emitted from the box and then it showed a computer screen. I clicked an Icon and the access area of the Experiment Level computer appeared.

“It’s so huge.”Paige exclaimed as I called up the White Room’s map.

“This room houses the main tubes and the only occupied ones.” I said twirling the screen around.

“He had plans to expand?!” Julie exclaimed from behind us.

I looked back to see her horrified face.  I didn’t look around not wanting to see the other’s reaction.

“Yes. So we have a total of 100 tubes in the White room.” I said in monotone as a part of my brain shut down leaving me with the non feeling one. “Only 78 are occupied as of now. Paige here’s the monitoring tab. You can see that all of them are normal.”

“Lady Flo one of them is flashing red.” Paige pointed out at the lower screen her finger nearly touching the screen and a certain icon. I reached out and stopped her hand.

“Don’t touch this icon- unless you want all of us here to have nightmares.” I said deadpan. “This is the live feed. It will show you the subject using one of the cameras.”

“Oh.” Paige said covering .

“Alright. Number 26 is blinking something’s wrong with his water circulation. I’m going to change his machine gears with the vacant tube 27 beside him.” I said and touched a coupled of icons. The blinking disappeared after a few minutes of my tinkering. “There. Now I’ll just give your team some access. I’m sorry but I can’t give you all access, that’s up to the Board of Directors. I’m changing the access keys and passwords and giving them to you now.”

“You’re amazing lady Flo.” Paige said mouth agape.

“Thank you.” I said with a thin smile. “I think we’re done. Your team can now monitor them but you need to contact me or Mom if one of these tubes goes red again. I’m sorry I haven’t got the time to help you guys in the computers there, I’ll try once I’m done with the Lab.”

“Please lady Flo. You need to rest.” Paige said smiling. “I’ll leave this to you –oh!”

The screen disappeared and it was replaced by a picture of a sunset. I heard Paige apologize I waved my hand saying that nothing tragic happened with what she did.  I looked at the picture again and sighed at the memories invoked by it.

Paige left after a few minutes, towing the computer with her since Uncle emailed saying he can’t do Skype now. I collapsed on a chair dog tired.

“Baby go to bed.”Ren said softly.

“I just sat down can’t you give me a minute?” I answered rubbing my head. “I’m hungry.”

“We already called up for food Flo. You can eat dinner here with your friends.” Julie said softly.

“Thanks J, although I might not be that much of a jolly company.” I said.

“Well since you’re all here how about we get some answers?” Beakhyun suggested.

“What questions?” I asked eyes closed rubbing my head. I gasped when I felt someone else’s hands on my head. I opened them expecting him but found myself staring at Lay’s worried eyes. He settled himself on the arm of my chair and made me lean back so he can take the place of being my masseur. I sighed at the massaged and again felt how tired I was.

“Like what happened to Kris?” Beakhyun said.

“What happened to Luhan when he changed happened to him.” I answered.

“So he’s in love..” Suho said and paused. “with you?”

Silence.

Then came Ren’s cry of protest and silly outrage.

 I sighed again and gently removed Lay’s hands on my head. I sat up and faced them; my eyes looked at Kris, at my brother, at Minny then at him. He looked sad for some reason. I wanted to go to him. It’s his hands I want massaging my forehead, it’s his touch I want to chase away my pain, it’s his warmth that I need.  I sent him a silent question but he looked at me blankly then looked away.

He looked away.

How can my heart break at such a small gesture?

“Yes. Yes I am.” Kris said after a moment of silence again and raised his arms as Ren faced his way. “hyung before you kill me let me explain.”

Ren folded his arms and waited.

Kris tend proceeded to explain what he said to me two days ago. That he did love me, but it was not the Romeo and Juliet kind, whatever love he had for me was enough for him to change. It was powerful enough to set the change in motion.

“What? So no FloFan? No YuRence?” Chanyeol asked. “It took us days to think of that ship name!”

“Dude you forgot FloRis.” Chen said with a grin.

“that sounds like flossing. Do you know that?” Kris pointed out and chuckled. “So Ren Hyung. You have no need to kill me since I’m not that boy.”

“By the tone of you saying it you’re implying that there is already one. Flo!?” Ren asked looking at me angrily.

I don’t understand why he was so angry about. I felt hungry and sleepiness cloud my judgment and anger flared in me.

“Florence! Answer me! Is there already someone?!” Ren demanded.

“So what if there is? Will you go out and kill him?” I answered back standing. “I don’t understand why you are so against me finding that one person who can make me complete! What is so wrong with that Ren?!  The President is dead. I don’t need to run anymore and yet you still don’t want me to be happy?! Isn’t what I gave to this world enough?! Can’t I have some happiness in exchange?! Why?! Why are you doing this to me?!!??!”

They were stunned at my outburst but I was too angry to care anymore. I looked at him again and he looked pained. He looked confused.

“There! there is what I want!” Ren said to me in a loud voice.

“What do you want from me Ren!!” I screamed at him.

“I want you to be mad! To get angry! This is way better then the silent zombie you have been these past few days! If I have known better I would have thought you went into catatonia again!” Ren answered hotly.

“What do you expect me to do everytime I go back there?! Skip with joy?! Do you know how it feels?! Do you know how helpless I feel as I watch all of those children look at me for help? I can’t do anything! I can’t even finish for Kris’ cure fast enough and what do you want me to do? Jump for joy?!??!”

“Flo you can ask for help!”

“I don’t want to! I don’t want any of you going back there! I- I-its horrible going there why do you want to go with me back there?”

“Because I don’t you to be alone. Flo it might be horrible but you don’t have to endure it alone. Baby stop being like that. We’re your family, your friends. I know all of us here would be willing to go back there if it means it will be much easier for you…” Ren said in a more calm tone.

“No. Please. Don’t go there.” I said slumping to the floor covering my eyes as images of the room mashed up with my nightmares. Being sleep deprived, stressed out and broken hearted is not a good combination.

“Flo..” Ren said.

“No. having any of you there will cause me my catatonia..” I said softly. “Aiden I can manage since I know his defense mechanisms well but any of you.. that will be my living nightmare. Please Nii-chan.. do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter