3 AM Hostage Crisis

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is so strange. Why do you guys like to hide your talents?” I asked as they said they can all dance.

“We’re not the good but we can do that wolf and growl dance.” Lay answered.

“That’s great! We can practice next week. We have about some time to do that, but for the mean time you all need to concentrate on the exam. Okay?” I answered.

“Yes mother!” They chorused. I laugh, how I missed these boys.

“Hey Min how about you?” D.O. asked.

“She can be the muse.” I answered as inspiration hit me.

“What? No.” Minny objected. “You should be the muse.”

“Me a muse?” I asked laughing at the picture on my head. “I prefer the backstage. You’ll be perfect.” I add.

“But I don’t have anything to wear!” Minny said. I roll my eyes at the typical excuse of all girls.

“Have you seen my closet Min? We can find something there. If not then we’re hitting the mall.” I said.

“You’ll be a perfect muse Min.” Luhan said smiling at the girl. “I need to control my temper thou, I might strangle anyone who comes too close.” He adds casually, causing everyone to laugh and Minny to blush. Luhan has taken up my hobby of making Minny blush.

“ohh this is going to be exciting.” I said happily.

We stopped around 1 am in excellent progress. My students were very determined to pass that exam.

+++

I woke up around 3am parched. I didn’t know talking so long can be so tiring. I walked out of the room bleary eyed and saw that the television is on, someone is watching TV. It was Kai.

“Why are you still awake?” I ask him. “you should sleep, we’re starting early tomorrow.”

“Can’t sleep.” He answered. “Did the noise wake you up?”

“No. I’m thristy. Want a drink?” I ask him.

“Can I have a soda?” He asked.

“No, that will make you stay awake more.” I answered, yawning.

“Water then.” He said.

I walked to the kitchen picking up two bottled water and a bag of chocolates. I walk back to the living room and sat down beside Kai.

“What you watching?” I asked as I hand him the water.

“Armageddon.” He answered. “Thanks Flo.” He adds opening the water

“That’s a nice movie.” I said. I watch the scene where Bruce Willis and his companions are drawing lots on who will stay on the meteor.  “It’s near the end thou.”

We were silent as the movie ended. I wipe my eyes. That movie always makes me cry.

“Hey, why are you crying?” He asked slipping a comforting arm on my shoulder.

“It’s just so sad that the father and daughter had to go through that. I miss my dad.” I answered.

“Can’t you see him?” He asked.

“No. Unless something changes.” I answer. “My parents are always followed so it would be disastrous for them to see me.”

“Everything will turn out okay Flo.” He said. I smile and leaned into him. Just this once, I begged my protesting brain. Why does Kai still smell good even now in the wee hours of the morning?  He shifted and I was moved closer. Darn. My sleepy eyes opened wide.

“T-t-thanks.” I answered.

“Stop crying okay?”He said, softly caressing my cheek which is heating up.  I let out a shaky breath. “shush.” He said soothingly. I’m not sad anymore, I’m now flustered!

Move away now!  The sane Florence demanded in my mind.

Stay right there. Shut up you old maid! Another me, said.

I shut my sane self away and settled down besides Kai. What the heck. What am I doing? Whatever Florence. I leaned a bit towards him, inhaling his scent. It was a husky, woodsy citrus scent. It smelled amazing. I’m losing my mind.

“Do you want to watch anything?” He asked.  I can watch you all night. My heart said happily doing the victory dance.

“Nothing in particular.” I answered instead. “We can watch anything you like.”

“Okay.” He answered finally settling in Disney channel. Phineas and Freb.

“Seriously Kai?” I asked amused.

“What? I like Candice. You’re so busted!” he sang.

“Shss! You’ll wake everyone! It’s 3 in the morning!” I said looking at the doors. Nobody came out.

I watched the show, it was a fun show but I was getting sleepy again. Kai’s scent and warmth makes me feel safe and light. I yawned.

“Go to sleep Flo.” He said to me. Don’t you dare close your eyes! My mind ordered.

“I’m fine. I want to see if they will get caught.” I answered but my eye lids were getting heavy. If you want to sleep, sleep right there!

“That’s a nice idea.” I murmured as I closed my eyes.

“What?” I heard Kai’s distracted voice. I didn’t answer I was already asleep.

                                                                                       Ooo00ooO

Kai POV

“Flo go to sleep.“ I said and looked down at her. She was fast asleep.  She looked so peaceful I didn’t have the heart to wake her up and move her to the room.

Shut up dude, you and I both known we wanted this to happen. A voice in my head said. I chuckled softly. He’s right. I shifted to another position so Flo can be more comfortable.

I brush away stands falling on her face. I can see the tired circles under eyes. I wonder if she pushed herself too much last week so she can temporarily forget that we had abandoned her. Most people do that, to forget their sadness they drive themselves to the limit.

“I’m sorry Flo.” I murmured as I touch her hair. It smelled like lavender and jasmine. She smelled like lavender and jasmine.

I got the remote and turned off the TV. I just turned it Disney because I was buying time to spend with her.

I watch her as the city lights wash her hair into a moonlight quality. She shifted and snuggled further  into me. I can feel my heart beating faster.  She looks so beautiful.  What did this girl do to me? I thought I would never get over Minny but when she entered the picture. It was like magic. The total opposite of what I like in girls.

I liked them soft and delicate. Florence is not soft and delicate. She can hang out with us and beat us in soccer any time she wanted. She is not a damsel in distress; she is a heroine off to save her companions.

 She shifted again and found another position, a smile on her lips. I reach out to touch them softly. They were smooth and soft.  She had her head on my shoulder; if I shifted a little closer I can kiss her.  I was about to and stopped. If I kiss her, if I ever had the chance, I want her to be awake. I shifted again and move her closer. I placed my lips on her mass of caramel hair and kissed them softly. Lavender and jasmine is fast becoming my favorite scent. I yawned. I closed my eyes to sleep.

                                                                                 Ooo00ooO

 I woke up feeling very warm. My blanket is doing a great job I thought sleepily as I snuggled further in. It moved. Did my blanket just moved. I opened my eyes and stifled a shriek. What the heck?! I try to move away but he pulled me closer. I squirm and was able to get away. I placed a pillow in my place. He hugged it smiling like a child. I could not help myself. I touch his hair and instantly got back to where I was trying to escape from.

“Where are you going?” He asked sleepily pulling me back in.

“To cook breakfast.” I answered leaning back from his face. He opened one of his eyes. He looked to adorable.

“It’s too early Flo. Go back to sleep.” He said locking me in place beside him.

“Seriously Kai. Let me go.” I said, half heartedly pushing away.

“No.” he said smiling locking his arms around me.

“Kai!” I complained, my heart beating fast.

“Hey what are you two doing?” D.O. asked us. My face instantly went red.

“I’m keeping her hostage from the kitchen, she works to hard.” Kai answered grinning.

“A little help D.O.” I begged. I need to get away before I spontaneously combust.

“Nah. I can cook breakfast. Keep her right there Kai.” D.O. said walking to the kitchen.

“Bu-but.”I start but stop as the rest of my friends came out.

“What’s happening here?” Suho asked.

“I’m holding this girl as hostage until you feed me.” Kai answered. I roll my eyes. Nobody came to help me, they all agreed that I was working too hard.

So I just sat there, silently, in Kai’s arms as they moved about to make breakfast. I can feel his breath on my neck as he laughed at whatever he is watching on T.V.. I can’t concentrate on anything but calming my heart.

The door to my room opened and Minny came out and stopped to stare at us then grinned. It all came crashing back to me.

“Good morning Flo! Kai.” She greeted us.

“Good morning too Minny.” Kai answered. I smiled at her.

“What are you two doing?” She asked.

“She’s my hostage. D.O.’s cooking and she can’t help until I’m fed.” Kai answered. I roll my eyes and felt his arms relax. I immediately move and got out easily using the element of surprise.

“Hey! You’re not paid yet.” Kai complained. I stuck out my tongue and ran to my room locking the door as I slump to the ground.

How can I like someone who is obviously in love with someone else? I heard it bright and clear last Thursday. I’m beginning to doubt that I’m truly a genius. I’m quite stupid when it comes to things like these.

I need to stop this nonsense and focus. Come now Florence you’re stronger than this. I took deep breathes as I tried to calm myself down.

I just sat there thinking and analyzing everything but every time I try to calculate coldly my heart complains and my heart beats flutter.

“Flo! Breakfast!” Kai said at the other side of the wall. My heart beat fast, there it goes again. Honestly when did this happen? What happened to me?

“Coming.” I answer and fixed my hair.

I opened the door and he stood there grinning like a fool.  He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the kitchen. I sighed and let him do what he wanted; I was obviously fighting a losing battle.

++++

 

We went back to cram school mode for the rest of the day. When it came to lessons they were all serious and when it became break time the boys I know came back.

“Pop quiz!” I announced as they all came back from the kitchen. Kris brought me an ice cream sandwich. I grinned and said thanks. He was helping me today since he is a bit good in math to be able to do those floor plans in one night.

They groaned but accepted the blank paper I gave them.

“The questions are on the hologram.” I answered and sat down besides Kris.  “No cheating guys!”

They rolled their eyes and started to answer the quiz.

“Your quite good in teaching.” He complimented me.

“Thanks. You’re not too shabby yourself on that problem you solved.” I answered.  We shifted to English since Kris can speak it fluently.

“Maybe I’m a genius too.” He said.

“Oh what joy.  You and me in a lab. Yippeyey!” I said sarcastically. Kris chuckled.

“Seriously Flo, you don’t act like a genius.” Kris said, with an expression of wonder.

“I told you not all you see in the movies are true.” I answered. “It helps me hides too.”

“Right. Your I’m-not-a-genius disguise.”

“It has taken me this far, so it must be good.”

“Yeah, there must be so many like you.”

“Oh believe me there is. I’m perfectly ordinary.” I add grinning, looking back at my students to see Kai watching us. “Eyes on the paper Kai.” He looked at me for a moment before returning his eyes on the paper.

“He’s very protective about you.” Kris said watching Kai.

“Yeah. I’m the little sister.” I answered, smiling. No. My heart complained. Kris looked like he didn’t believe me. I want to believe myself but I didn’t want to.

“Right. I wonder what your brother, the real one, takes it that there is two subjects in the experiment now.” Kris said, leaning back on the couch and placed his arms on the back. He looked like a hip-hop king. Yo.

“He’ll take it in stride.” I answer fully knowing that Ren will go bonkers knowing that I added another variable to the problem.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter