The School Fair Day 1 Part 1

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello..
Warning a bit of a long chapter ahead of you so tuck in, get your food ready..:) 

Get your playlist ready.. just play EXO on the loop..^^ and also add a sprinkling of Shinee.. hahaha..
Hope you guys will like it..

FLO POV

We arrive at school in the r8. The stuff we need was already at school so I only brought the things Minny asked which fit fine in the trunk of the R8.

I was driving this time although I had one long debate with Kai over it. He kept repeating I had a head injury and can’t drive but it was just a gash. I felt fine.

The r8 roared into school and the students watched open mouthed as I parked it.

“Flo wow.” Minho said stopping in front of me.

“Thanks. It’s our Muse’s ride.” I answered as I got off and opened the trunk to get my things. I locked the car.

“Flo I apologize for what my classmate did yesterday. Are you okay now?” Minho said.

“I’m fine. Thanks.” I said. “Let’s go Kai.” I said as I walked pass Minho.

“You don’t accept my apology?” Minho asked clutching my arm.

“Why are you apologizing? Jyo Kee should do it. I think she is entirely capable of doing it.” I answer. “Please let go of my arm. We have so many things to do.” I said. I have no time to deal with him today.

Minho let’s go of my arm.

“See you around Minho.” I said and walked away.

+++

Minny looked beautiful in her dress. I can’t believe I had that hiding in my closet. It was a pale pink and white dress that fell a few inches below her knee. Her hair was done in beautiful curls and I placed a tiara on top it. She looked like a princess.

Class rep and I had discussed it and we agreed that we’ll center everything on the wolf story of EXO. We gave it a few twist and tweaks until it perfectly matched what we wanted.

Minny is the beauty who the wolves will fall for. I smile at the sheer irony of it. A wolf has already fallen for her.

“Minny you look fantastic!” Jess gushed as the rest of her entourage entered the room.

“You girls don’t look to shabby yourself.” I answered as I checked their outfits. Again I can’t believe all those came from my closet. “I suddenly feel underdressed.” I joked looking down at my black pants and blouse. I had worn boots over the pants and a blue scarf as instructed by Sehun.

“Me too.” Jess said. She was in black too.

“The pitfalls of being the back stage crew.” I answered grinning at her. “You’re coming with them at the parade right?” I ask.

“Yup. Hanbin and you will be staying here to supervise the booth.” Jess answered.

“Kris and some of the boys will be following you too.” I said as I open a box containing some radios and its wireless headset. “Take this.” I said handing her one. “We need to be able to talk to each other easily. I’m giving one to Class rep and Kris too. It has a bit of range so even if you’re on the parade I can still radio you.” I said.

“This is so cool. Thanks Flo.” Jess said and put on her radio. “Testing.”

“It’s working fine. “I said and took out the two others. “Can you give these to class rep?” I asked her.

“Sure. Come on girls let’s go.” Jess said and we troupe out of the room.

All the students were outside waiting for the start of the parade. I walked towards the part where our class was waiting. A small crowd was also there and I know what they were ogling at.

“Flo is this yours?” Someone asked me pointing at the r8.

“Yes. My grandparents gave me that.” I answered my usual line when someone asks.  “Where’s Kris?” I ask my friends.

“Here.” He answered breaking away from the crowd and I can’t help but gape at him. He was also dressed in black like me but darn he looked so cool. He looked like he came out of a Japanese Manga. It seems I’m not the only one gaping at him as the rest of the female population looked our way.

“Wow.” I said unconsciously.

“Dazzled?” he smirked.

“I think so.” I answered shaking my head.

“Does your head still hurt?” He asked seeing the small band aid I had place on it. He pushed away the hair that was covering it and examined it.

“Nope. It’s fine.” I answered pushing his hand away. I felt the glares thrown my way. “Here take this. It’s a two way radio. I have one; Jess and Class rep also has one. Keep it on always and just radio if you guys need something.” I instructed as I gave him the radio.

“Why does Kris have one and we don’t?” Chanyeol asked.

“Your part of the promotion team, Kris is backstage crew like me.” I answered. “You guys look nice.” I add checking them out. They were dressed in black jeans and military inspired jackets. They were Minny’s guards- figuratively and reality.

“Is your head okay Flo?” Chen asked.

“My head is just fine.” I answered and walked to my car. “Excuse me gentlemen. I think you should go back to your respective places. We’re about to start.” I said and unlocked the car.

“Can you turn it on?” Someone asked.

“I was about to do that. We need to line up anyway.”I answered as I slip in the r8. Its top was still installed.”Where’s Luhan?” I asked my friends.

“Probably waiting for Minny.” Xuimin answered. 

“Oh right. He needs to guard his girl today. You haven’t seen Minny yet haven’t you?” I ask them.

“Nope. Lay answered.

“She looks beautiful.” I answered smiling as I turn on the car. It purred to life. Kai slipped inside with me.

“How come he gets a ride?!” Tao asked.

“We’re getting off in a moment Tao. I just need to line the car in the parade.” I answer soothingly as I push the button that hides the top. It smoothly went down.

“Wow.” Someone gushed.

“Okay clear up boys.” I order. They cleared a path for me. I eased the pedal and the car moved slowly. “I don’t like driving slow.” I murmured as Kai laughed.

“Is that why you’re letting Luhan drive today?” He asked.

“Yup.” I answered grinning as I stop the car behind a hyundai. “Come let’s get off. You should see Minny.”

“Minny will look good as always.” He answered getting off. I smile but something in my brain is protesting. “I wonder what you look when you dress up.” He mused.

“Win the variety show and you’ll find out.” I said cheekily.

“Better prepare that dress Flo.” He said placing an arm on my shoulder. “I bet you’ll look smashing.” He adds.

“Smashing? Where did you learn that word?” I asked amused.

“A movie.” He answered as he ruffles my hair.

“Stop it.” I protest. He laughed and took off his cap and placed it on my head. “Are you going with the parade?” I ask as I adjust the cap, it protected my wound from the wind.

“Nope. I’m staying here with Sehun.” He answered. “We don’t want to leave you alone.”

“This is the school I’ll be fine.” I said.

“Just let us be Flo. We can help at the booth too.” He said.

“Fine.” I answered. I stop suddenly to watch Luhan help Minny come down some stairs. From my vintage point she looked beautiful. “There’s Minny.”

“I can see.” Kai answered looking dazed. I felt a glimmer of envy at Minny.

“I told you she’ll be beautiful.” I said as I tug him to walk towards our class.

“Flo!” Minny called as she saw me.

“Hey you ready?” I asked as we stopped in front of them.

“The car won’t be fast right?” She asked worriedly.

“Do you honestly think your boyfriend will frighten you?” I answered looking at Luhan who was obviously absorbed at looking his girlfriend. Minny also looked at him and smiled. I can imagine Luhan melting at that point. He looked so lovestrucked.

“You look nice Min.” Kai said beside me.

“Thank you.” Miiny answered smiling at him too and I can see he was also dazzled. I gently move his arm off my shoulder and move away. I don’t like to watch this. Minny glanced at me and smirked. I frowned at her, when did she learn to smirk like that?

“Where are you going?” Kai asked.

“I’m going to give Luhan the keys.” I answered. And I don’t like watching you getting all dazzled by you first love. I add in my mind. Seriously. Not now Flo. I stop in front of Luhan.

“Get your head together Luhan.” I ordered. He looked at me with a slightly daze expression. “I won’t let you drive like this. Minny and the life of my baby are in your hands.” I said taking out the keys.

His expression immediately cleared.

“I’m fine Flo. Just got distracted by my pretty muse.” He said slipping an arm on Minny’s waist. I didn’t miss the message. Luhan was saying she’s mine to all the boys ogling at Minny. Minny giggled and placed a kiss on Luhan’s cheek. I roll my eyes at them.

“You sure?” I ask him.

“Yup.” He answered and held up his palm for the keys. I drop them on it.

“Take care of it okay. Remember one scratch on it-“ I said.

“And I’ll be your slave for the rest of the year.” He answered smiling knowing it was an empty threat. I sighed and warp my arms around myself as the wind blew.

“You’re still cold?” Kai asked putting his arm back on my shoulder.

“Flo at this time of the year a scarf is protection against cold not a fashion accessory.” Sehun said and adjust my scarf more snugly.

“Thanks.” I said. “Okay guys get ready. Formation.” I said as my radio crackled to life. It was class rep saying that we were about to start. I move away from Kai and helped them to their positions.

Luhan helped Minny to the r8; the rest of her entourage went on the pickup truck behind the R8. I checked them out and they had arranged themselves properly. I walked to the R8.

“Seatbelts?” I asked as the two settled down. Minny was fumbling with hers. I helped her get hers on. She was obviously nervous. I squatted on the side. “Min do you trust Luhan?”

“Yes.” She answered with hesitation.

“Then calm down and smile. Enjoy the ride. He’s not going fast. Think of it like you two are going on a road trip. Just the two of you.” I said in a calming voice. She blushed and the warmth perfected her look. “You look amazing. Now go win the parade.” I said giving her a hug but careful not to crease her outfit.

“Thank you Flo.” She said and I leaned down to kiss her cheek fondly.

“You’re welcome.” I answer and looked at Luhan. “This is an automatic Luhan so easy on the pedal.” I said.

“You didn’t program this didn’t you?” he asked.

“Just the Gps.” I answered and reached inside for the console. A small screen opened. “This is the route of the parade and some possible alter routes if something comes up. Call me if something changes okay?” I instructed.

“Yes mother.” He joked. I laugh.

“Take care both of you. Kai and Sehun are staying with me the rest are going with you. They’ll be at the sides.” I said as I stand.  “Enjoy Min and remember to wave like what Jess taught you.” I said and walked back to the sides.

“Kris, you’re in charge.” I said to him.

“Sure.” He answered.

“Jess is in charge of the pickup but you’re the overall head here. Just radio me if something comes up. The route is here. Watch out for the judges.” I said as I hand him a mini-tablet.

“Does this have games?” He asked smiling as he took the tablet.

“It does but I locked them.” I answered sticking out my tongue. “It dangerous to walk and play Kris.”

“I know. See you later then.” He said as we heard the cannon blast signaling the start of the parade and the music start.

“Oh I forgot.” I said and ran back to the R8. “Luhan switch on the sounds.” I said.

Luhan reached for the right button and music started to play from the customized stereo Ren had installed a few years ago. I was finally able to use it today.

“Wow Flo.” Luhan said impressed.

“Enjoy! Bye!” I said and ran back to the sides as the parade started to move. “Enjoy guys!” I said as our class passed by.

“See you later Flo!” Lay said waving. “Bye you two! Take care of her!” He adds to the two boys beside me.

“Bye!” I shouted as they went out of earshot.

+++ 

Kai POV

The Fair has started with a small program introducing all the booths participating. Class rep was flying all over the place frantic while Flo was calmly instructing everyone what to do. I watch her move easily inside the booth. We would all be lost without her to direct us.

“Class rep will you please calm down!”I heard her say to class rep in an exasperated tone.

“Sorry Flo. I’m just stressed out.” Class rep answered.

“Hanbin.” Flo said holding class rep on the shoulders. That was the first time I heard her call Class rep by his name. “Deep breathe. Come on.”

Class rep did what she instructed.

“Another one.” She ordered looking at him directly in the eye. Class rep took another one. “The fair hasn’t even on for half I day and you’re losing it. I need you to calm down and watch over here okay? I need to go over to Minny to help in the program. Understand?”She said in a calming voice.

“Yes.” Class rep answered calmer now then a moment ago.

“Good. If you’re going to go crazy again I’m sending Jess here.” She said smiling and looked at the side like she was listening to something. It must be her headset. “I’m coming there now.” She said and walked off.

The booth was all set to be opened so we, Sehun and I, followed her out.

“Flo wait up.” Sehun called out. She looked back at us and waited.

“Come on Jess lost the introduction piece and she’s frantic.” She said walking briskly. Me and Sehun walked beside her.

“What will we do?” I asked as she pulled my cap tighter into her head.

“I made the script so I memorized it. I’ll just do it.” She answered reaching the backstage. “The boys are over there. You can wait for me with them.” She said in a tone we had learned not to question. We nod and she entered the backstage.

Sehun and I went to look for the rest of our friends. They were near the stage.

“Hey guys.” Sehun said.

“Yo. What’s up?” Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter