Adrenaline Shot

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

It was one of the longest nights in my entire existence. I wish I had grabbed a bottle of wine or something, anything to numb my brain and heart from feeling. My brain was already rationalizing everything.

They were drunk.

They didn’t know what they were doing.

They were drunk.

Alcohol does that to you. You lose all inhibitions and do what you truly wanted to do.

So Kai really wanted to kiss Lee Na Ra.

I let out a frustrated sigh and closed my eyes and opened them again. It’s like the image was imprinted on the back of my eyelids. In all it’s beautiful glory.

Stupid. Idiot. Moron. Stupid.

I know there will be an explanation.

Let me guess you think he thought that was you and kissed Lee Na Ra with your image in his head?  The sane part of me laughed at my wish. Dream on stupid girl. I thought you were leaving him anyway. Why are you being so melodramatic? Isn’t it nice that he’ll have a girl that will take care of him?

“But I want to be that girl.” I said softly.

HE IS NOT SAFE WITH YOU!

“I know.” I said in a defeated voice.

I glance at my watch and saw it was already noon. Nobody was looking for me which I fully expect to happen since everyone must still be passed out at the house. I stand and tried to fix my appearance. I wanted to buy something to eat. I’m famished.  Maybe food will make me feel better.

I stopped by at the resort’s restaurant and ordered a big brunch for everyone and asked it to be delivered to our house. They said it will be there in about 30 minutes. They handed me a tall tumbler of coffee and some bread to tide my hunger.

I dreaded going back to the house but I wanted a shower. I felt dirty, sticky and grimy. I reached the house and listened for any movement, there was none. Everyone must still be asleep. I opened the door and quietly entered the house.

There were some figures on the living room floor. The door to the boys’ room was ajar. I was about to walk away when I caught a glimpse of a stock of familiar brown hair on the floor. Against my better judgment I went closer. I wanted to confirm it. There was movement and the blanket covering was pulled down revealing his face.

Kai was sleeping peacefully.

But the blanket moved down even further and revealed an arm wound around his shirtless torso and then Lee Na Ra’s face was beside his. She moved and kissed his neck making him stir.

“Flo!” Minny exclaimed from above.

I dropped the tumbler of coffee. It made a loud noise waking up everyone.

“Why are you making a racket early in the morning?” Lee Na Ra complained pulling Kai closer.

I wanted to strangle her but my mind was already going blank. I didn’t know what I was thinking.

I’m so stupid. Stupid.

Pain flared again in my chest making it hard for me to breathe.

“Flo.” Minny said and I can hear her running towards me.

But I can’t remove my eyes from his face. How can he do this to me? Why did I give him too much power to hurt me? When did that happen? When?!

I can’t breathe.

I need to go away.

“Flo come back! Flo!” Minny shouted.

I didn’t realize I was already out the door and running away. My leg protested, its painful throb a searing reminder that what I had seen was real and not just a nightmare.

I needed to get away. To go away.

That thought kept recurring in my mind. It was the only coherent thought my mind can form.

I need to get away.

It hurts too much.

Ooo00ooO

Minny POV

I kicked Kai hard to wake him up and tore Lee Na Ra away from him.

“Minny! What the?!” Kai exclaimed shielding his face as I start to hit him.

“Stop hurting Kai Oppa!” Lee Na Ra said trying to grab my hands but I pushed her away angrily.

“How could you?! You idiot!” I screamed at Kai and lurched at him punching his chest or face or anywhere I can reach.

“Minny what is happening to you?!” Kai exclaimed still shielding his face.

“Minny stop.” Luhan’s voice came from behind me and pulled me away from Kai.

“Let me go! I will kill you Kim Jong-in!” I screamed.

“Minny what’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked rubbing his eyes.

My screaming had woken up everyone. My brain can’t form any coherent thought now; I just wanted to hit Kai over and over again.

“Minny? What did I do?!” Kai asked moving away from me.

“What did you do?!!! You’ll make her leave us even faster!! I hate you!! I HATE YOU!!” I screamed trying to fight my way out of Luhan’s arms.

“What just happened?” Kris asked helping Luhan pull me away from Kai.

“I don’t know. Minny started to be like that after Florence left.” Lee Na Ra said shrugging and cuddled closer to Kai.

“Get away from him you witch! How could you?! She saved your life and this is how you repay her?!!” I screamed at her. “I wish Flo let you off that ravine. Why did she even risk her neck to save you I’ll never understand!!”

“Flo was here?” Kai asked rubbing his eyes.

“Yes and what a welcoming sight the two of you are!!” I spat at him.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“You don’t remember last night oppa?” Lee Na Ra asked.

“What about last night? What did she see Minny? Explain!” Kai said pushing Lee Na Ra away and standing up. “Ugh my head hurts. I think I drank too much.”

“Which made you an idiot last night!” I said still furious. “Let me go Luhan. I need to look for Flo.”

“Wait can you please explain? Min-shu!” Kai said clutching my shoulders.

“I can’t believe you slept with Lee Na Ra.” I spat at him.

“I did not!” He answers.

“Are you sure oppa?”Lee Na Ra said smiling suggestively.

“Lee Na Ra enough. Aren’t you ashamed? I saw everything. Flo went here and saw the two of them asleep together. “Da Hee said glaring at Lee Na Ra. “Flo just looked shocked and I don’t know her eyes did something strange. Flo always had those vibrant blue eyes that you can see a few meters away but when she saw the two, her eyes did something creepy. It’s hard to explain. It’s like it lost its sparkle, like it became dead. Ugh.. I’m having shivers just remembering it.” Da Hee adds shivering.

“No…” Kai said horrified. Finally realizing what Flo saw and what she thought of it.

Everyone went silent.

A knock came from the door and we all looked at it hopefully hoping it was Flo but it was some aides bearing food.

“Good morning.” One of them said. “Ms. Florence ordered this for all of you. Enjoy.”

With that they left.

“Let me go Luhan.”I said trying to calm down. “I need to find Flo. Please. She might leave please.”

“Shush.” Luhan said putting a finger on my lips.

“Why is Flo upset anyway? It’s not like Kai’s her boyfriend.” Lee Na Ra whined.

I push Luhan’s arm away from me and succeeded. I marched towards Lee Na Ra who crossed her arms eyeing me with an amused smile. She never expected the slap that came. I’m not a violent person and she was the first one I hit.

“You b***h. She saved you! She saved your life. Do you realize you’ll be in coma or dead now if Flo didn’t go after you and risked her life?” I said venom in my voice. “Yet you did this. You’re evil Lee Na Ra. You don’t deserve to be saved but Flo didn’t think like that and still saved you and now look. Look at what you did!!”

Her haughty look flattered into a guilty one as she thought of what I just said.

I pivoted and stalked out of the house determined to look for Flo.

“Minny wait.” Luhan called out and followed me. I was a good few meters away from the house when he caught up with me. I saw that the other boys had also followed.

“Minny please let me explain. Nothing happened between me and Lee Na Ra.” Kai said shoving on a shirt.

“You kissed her last night.” Lay said.

“She kissed me.” Kai answered.

“No bro. You kissed her.” D.O. confirmed.

“And of course Flo saw that. I was wondering why she just disappeared suddenly.” Sehun said frowning at Kai.

“Minny what do you mean she’ll leave us?” Kris asked.

“Alright we need to talk then.” I sighed. They need to know why I’m so frantic on finding Flo. “But we need to find her first.”

“She can’t leave the resort. Her things are still here.” Xuimin said.

“I think Flo won’t care about them. I’m hoping she’ll be too distraught to think and is just sitting around somewhere here.” I said looking around half hoping to see the caramel glint of her hair.

“Distraught?” Kai repeated.

“You’re lucky you never saw her face. I’m still debating on pushing you off a cliff Jong-in. You’re an idiot.” I said glaring at him.

“Guys!” Suho shouted running towards us. He was carrying a large bag. “If we’re going to cover the whole resort we need to eat something for strength.” He said and started to hand out food.

“We can eat and look.” I snap.

“Why are you so frantic Min? We’ll find Flo. She won’t leave us.” Chen said.

“She’s hurt! Also because you don’t know anything.” I answered.

“I’m not moving an inch before you explain.” Kris said.

“Uggg! Please not now!” I said irritated.

“Humor me Min and I can find Flo fast if I want. I can still smell her perfume.” Kris said. “She’s still here.”

“Fine!” I said. “I heard her, Ren and Aiden talking one time. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop or anything and I think they didn’t plan for anyone to be awake at that time. Ren-sshhi was scolding Flo and said that she’s bringing danger to all our lives the longer she stays with us.”

“She doesn’t.” Baekhyun said.

“We don’t know about that but we’re all under protection anyway.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know about the details but Ren mentioned that all of us are under their protection but it gets harder every day since there is too many of us. Ren is afraid that once the Institute sees her with any of us, she will go to them voluntarily if one of us is taken.” I said.

“But I thought we got that covered. Principal said-“ Luhan said.

“Ren is in charge of her safety, not Principal, and he thinks once Flo finishes with Luhan and Kris’s cure they have to leave.”I said interrupting him.

“She won’t.” Sehun said shaking his head.

“She will. For all the complicatedness of Flo there is one thing I understand about her. She’s willing to sacrifice herself for anyone she cares for, that includes us. She’ll be sad and depressed to leave us but she’ll do it if it’d be for our safety. If there was a way for her to make us forget her, totally remove any trace of memory of her from our brain she’ll use it just to guarantee everyone’s safety.” Kris said in a flat tone.

“She cried when Ren said that.” I said wearily wanting to cry when I remembered the despair in her voice. “That she needed to leave.”

“She won’t.” Sehun repeated. “She won’t leave. Flo won’t leave us right guys?”

“I don’t know Sehunie.” Luhan answered putting an arm around Sehun’s shoulder. The latter looked distraught, in fact we all look and felt distraught.

“And you Kim Jong-in just gave her enough reason to leave!!” I shouted at Kai.

“I need to explain everything to her Min.” Kai said running his hand through his hair frantically.

“With what you did, you don’t deserve her.” I said venomously. “How could you Kai?”

“Nothing happened. I swear.” Kai said shaking his head.

“You don’t remember anything.” I retorted.

“Guys! You’re still here! Na Ra has something to say.” Da Hee said towing Lee Na Ra with her. She then pushed Lee Na Ra towards us. “Say it to them Na Ra.”

“Nothing happened.” Lee Na Ra spat out and pivoted stomping away.

“Nothing really happened. Na Ra was beside me the whole morning. She must have moved when I went to the bathroom but that was like a few minutes before Flo arrived..” Da Hee said. “Did you find her?”

“Not yet.” I answered.

“She was pretty upset. Can eyes really do that?” Da Hee mused. “Na Ra was just being delusional. I know you won’t forgive her now but I hope in the future you will. She didn’t really mean any harm. I’m really sorry if her prank caused you guys any problems. Sorry.” Da Hee adds and walks away.

“See!” Kai said to me.

“Yes but Flo doesn’t know that.” I spat at him. I was getting dizzy my brain wasn’t so used to me being angry. “Can we go find her now?”

“Alright let’s go.” Kris said and took a deep breath. “She went there.”

We went towards the direction Kris pointed at.

In the end we separated into groups. I was with Luhan and we were just looking at the cliffs, losing hope every minute that we couldn’t find her.

“Where can she be?” I said worriedly.

“We’ll find her Min. I can still smell her like Kris can.” Luhan said squeezing my hand gently. “Although her scent is all over the place.”

“She must be wandering around.” I said. “Poor Flo. Ugg I seriously still want to kick Kai off a cliff.”

“It wasn’t his fault you know. Lee Na Ra played a prank on him.” Luhan said.

“But he kissed her last night.” I said stubbornly.

“I think he was too drunk, and I did hear him call Lee Na Ra Flo several times. Min try seeing it from his point. He must be seriously frustrated with Flo and everything. I would be if I was in his situation. How do you think he felt when Kris kissed Flo? And also he’s just a teenage boy with urges too.” Luhan said soothingly.

“Why doesn’t he just tell her?” I asked.

“Minny it’s not that easy. I, for example took several days just to get the courage to ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter