30 seconds too long

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30 seconds too long

Minny woke me up at dinner time as requested, they had ordered out since everyone had felt the tiredness from our travel and were now lounging downstairs. A movie was playing in the wide screen. I got down from the stairs rubbing my eyes.

“Slept fine Flo?” Kai asked me.

“Yeah. My headache’s gone.” I answered yawning. “What’s for dinner?”

Kai made a sweeping motion with his hand towards the table that was laden with food. My brows rose when I saw how much it was.

“The management said the first dinner is always on the house hence the amount.” Kai answered reading my mind.

“Cool.” I said picking up a plate.

“They sent us Soju.” Suho said showing a crate of the said liquor. The boys immediately opened one and started to drink it. 

A few minutes later the dance troupe barged into our house. They were trying hard to hide their envy at our crib while they only have standard hotel rooms at their lodgings. I watched as the almost all girls dance troupe interact with the boys in our section. They were technically nice people except for Lee Na Ra. I seriously don’t like her, apart from the fact the she likes to cling to Kai, she is just plain.. what’s a better word then, cheap? She acts too cheap but the boys were polite and were already a bit tipsy to care at the moment.

Two hours later everyone was either drunk or on the way to being drunk.

“Ohhh let’s play truth or dare!” Someone from the dance troupe suggested. It was met with enthusiastic nods and words.

They immediately formed a rough circle on the floor. I had no plans in joining since Alcohol and Truth or dare never mixed well together.. and to tell the truth I was a bit dizzy from the soju Minny made me drink. I have such low tolerance to alcohol.

“Flo come here!” Minny demanded, patting the space between her and Kris.

“I think I’ll pass.” I said not moving.

“Spoilsport. Do you have secrets that you don’t want us to know?” Jess teased.

I smiled and shook my head. If she only knew.

“Come on Flo. It’s a way for everyone to get to know each other more.” Eun said. “And it’s not an ordinary Truth or dare. We brought this especially for this trip. It has wacky and fun dares and questions.”

“Come here now before I drag you!” Minny exclaimed.

“PLEASE?!” everyone chorused.

“Fine, fine. With our number what chance do I have of being chosen.” I answered walking to where Minny sat. I sat down beside her. “Okay start.”

In the end it was a pretty fun game. There were ridiculous questions and hilarious dares but also some steamy ones. Like what is happening now.

“What is this?” A girl from the dance troupe asked waving the card. I think I know her name and the Soju was not helping.

“It says kiss the person next to your right for 10 seconds. If it’s the same gender then move along to the side until you meet an opposite gender.. unless you’re game for those kinds of things.” Jess read and laughed after.

“What kind of dare is that?” I asked amused.

“This game has five kiss dares and when I mean kiss it’s a kiss on the lips not the cheek. So be prepared guys. No one is allowed to back out or pass on these cards.” Eun said.

The girl who picked up the card shrugged and grinned at the boy beside her who happens to be Chen. Everyone must be a bit intoxicated now because well the kiss lasted longer than 10 seconds. I covered my eyes but peeked and laughed hard at Chen’s expression.  It was just hilarious.

“Spin the bottle now.” Minny ordered to the girl. Heck alcohol makes Minny more bossy than me.

The bottle spun, stopped and it’s open end pointing at me.

“Finally!” Jess exclaimed. “Truth or dare Flo?”

“Hmm I’ll go with truth.” I said grinning. I’m not that drunk yet to be stupid.

“Mou choose dare.” Minny urged 2 persons away from me. In the course of the game some seating changes had happened. I was now between Kai and Suho.

“Nope. Truth.” I said grinning and picked out a card from the truth stack which was hardly used. “Describe your first kiss.” I read out loud. “Seriously?”

“You read the card. Now describe.” Minny said.

“Hmmm… it was great.” I said shrugging.

“What was that! It said describe!” Minny demanded.

“I just did. I said it was great!” I answered. “The card just said describe. It didn’t say in detail.” I shrug again.

“Give me that.” Suho said and read the card. “She’s right Min. It just said describe.”

“Mou. You won’t escape next time Flo.” Minny said. I just stuck my tongue at her grinning at my escape.

“Spin the bottle then.” Jess said. I did as ordered and the bottle was now pointing at Kris.

“I’ll be brave and take a dare.” He said grinning at me. I roll my eyes at him. He plucked a card from the dare stack and read it silently first. His face unreadable.

“What does it say Kris?” Tao asked and took the card from Kris’ hands and stared to read it out loud. “Oh it’s a Kiss card. Kiss the person you find the most beautiful for 30 seconds.”

We all laughed at Kris’s blank face.

“Ohh kiss me Kriss Oppa. I’m beautiful.” Chanyeol teased with matching smacking kissing sounds making us laugh even harder.

“When hell freezes over.” Kris answered. “I can't pass right?”

“I thought you just said you were brave.” Jess teased.

“Oh well.” Kris said and stands.

He started to walk around the middle of the circle with his infamous poker face expression. The girls were all looking hopeful except for me and Minny who were curious at what Kris will do.  He stopped in front of Minny who gasped and covered . Luhan rolled over with laughter at her face when  Kris walked away grinning.

“Kris stop being a tease. You have the longest Kiss card anyway.” Eun said.

“Okay.” Kris said, stopping in front of Suho but pulled me up instead.

“Hey-“ I start to say but was interrupted by his lips on mine.

My eyes closed as a deluge of emotions swept through me.

Alcohol and these kind of games never mix well add teenage hormones and you get the picture. Kris wraps me in his arms as the countdown started.

Those accidental meeting of our lips was nothing compared to this. I put both my hands on his shoulders since I was dizzy and was about to lose balance. He grabs them and pulls them behind his neck locking my fingers there, his hands went back to my waist to firmly hold me close.

10-9-8…

It was 30 seconds already but Kris didn’t pull away. I can feel the smile forming on his lips as we teased our spectators who were gasping and murmuring and complaining. Someone was still counting.

It was past a minute when Kris pulled away grinning. I rolled my eyes at him. He pulled me closer kissing me once more, a short one as Minny complained about us getting a room. I laughed as Kris pulls away from me again.

“I’m flattered Kris.” I said giggling stupidly and staggered away from him.

“Boost up your ego girlfriend?” He asked helping me sit back down.

“Oh it can fill up the room now. “ I answered laughing. “Go spin the bottle.”

He went back to his place beside Tao and spun the bottle.

“I will never drink Soju again.” I mused and coughed.

“You should have not drunk it in the first place since you’re sick.” Suho said as I laid my head on Kai’s shoulder.

“I distinctly remember you were the one who offered me the first drink Omma.” I teased.

“You could have said no.” he replied grinning as the game resumed.

“You were pretty insistent.” I said grinning. “And you’re up the bat.” I add as the bottle stopped in front of him.

Suho had to dance to a y song and Alone by sistar was the next one on the playlist. He was more than game to do so.

“I’m tired.” I mused.

“Go to bed then.” Kai retorted.

“Ehh what’s your problem oppa. Why are you frowning?” I asked poking his cheek.

“nothing.” He said curtly.

“Why is my Oppa frowning.. I like it when my Oppa smiles. Smile for me Jong-in oppa.”  I teased imitating his fan girls. He rolled his eyes and hooked me under his arm.

“If you weren’t so cute I would have thrown you into the sea.’ He said pinching my nose.

“What did I do that makes you want to throw me there?” I asked. “I didn’t murder anything.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter