Fate's Stupid Games

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I recommend listening to this song  for added feels. I know it's in Tagalog but the melody is so fitting.. and the lyics..perfect! I added the english tanslation at the end. The song is Kung Wala Ka (If you're not here) by Hale. Awesome band, they sing english songs too!

( http://youtu.be/7yZu1o-heb0 )

Kai POV

Her face filled up the center of the room.

“So it actually happened. If you’re seeing this it actually happened.” Flo said looking grave. “He found me… Why am I doing this anyway?” She moved and the camera also moved. It showed her room. Butter was sleeping on Spade’s tummy while Peanut sat beside them.

“So why am I doing this? I honestly don’t know.. but I just have this feeling that I’ll never be able to say goodbye to you Nii-chan or you A or worst, if I am ever forced to do it, to my friends. This is actually spur of the moment so don’t expect movie like speeches. I just want to say thank you. Thank you for everything, for fighting to hide me. I have never thanked all of you for everything, I just went with the flow..  so now I’m thanking you.”

“Nii-chan thank you for always being there for me. Take care of Mom and Dad but please don’t go near the kitchen. Leave that to Dad. A.. Hmm what should I say to you? You’re such a great lad, don’t worry she’ll come. In fact I think she’s already here, you just need to look at her. (Wink- I can’t believe I want to cry seeing her wink like that.)Hmmm and if my friends do see this then I’m sorry. Several scenarios ran through my head on what I had to do if ever the President comes for me and all of you are with me.”

“What do I have to do that will lessen the danger for all of you? Ren and Aiden can look after themselves but the 13 of you.. will be like lost lambs out for slaughter. I can already imagine Minny crying. Minny stop crying!! (That only caused Minny to cry even harder.) Be strong okay? You’ll be fine.”

“No I’m not fine!” Minny exclaimed angrily at the image.

“So what do I have to do? I can’t well ask the president to let you go, that will make you primary hostage targets. We can’t run away. Then a plan formed in my head. It is such a horrible plan but it will guarantee your safe pass. I needed to pretend to hate you.. all of you.  Act like you’re nothing to me. which is the exact opposite. If ever you guys are seeing this, then it means that I did actually do it.” Florence stopped for a moment and looked away.  She looked back at the camera and her blue eyes were shinning with unshed tears.

I wanted to jump inside the projection and comfort her.

“I’m sorry. All of those weren’t true and they will never be true. I’m really sorry if I had to say those hateful words to you, but by me saying those the President will think that you guys are nothing to me and he won’t go after any of you. Minny.. I needed to hurt you. I’m so sorry.” Flo stopped again and looked away wiping her eyes.  “And if that happens I want all of you to forget me. Forget everything. If only I can induce amnesia so all of you will be blissfully unaware. Unaware and safe. Ignorance will be your saving grace. Act ignorant. Once I’m gone I can’t ever come back.. not unless the President disappears to Narnia or the Institute is transported to Oz.. which is impossible. I’ll miss you guys.”

“Another thing I wanted to add. If ever I’m taken before the Anti-wolf Serum is finished. As I speak it’s near completion. Aiden you can finish it if ever it happens. Promise me you’ll finish it. So all our efforts won’t be into vain. The tab, it’s the key to all the data I was doing. You do need to figure out the password thou.. oh crap I need to change the password. My current one is too embarrassingly silly…”

“Flo go to sleep! We’re going somewhere before you go to your trip tomorrow.” We all heard Ren’s voice in the background. He looked up and I can see tears visible in his eyes

“Alright Nii-chan!” Flo said looking away from the camera.

“Night Fluff.” Ren’s voice can be heard more closer.

“Night Nii-chan. Love you!” Flo said and we can see the smile she flashed to Ren.

“Love you too Fluffy.”   

Flo disappeared from view and came back after a few moments rolling her eyes.

“I’ll miss you nii-chan.. Anyway like majesty Ren said I should go to sleep. I haven’t got anything else to say anyway. I think I’ll redo this tomorrow.” Flo said.

“Florence! Sleep!” Ren’s voice again.

“Alright already.” She grumbled and the video went black.

There were several minutes of silence.

“Brad when was the message sent?” Aiden asked.

“This is a stored message in my memory Monsieur Aiden. Mademoiselle Florence just sent the activation signal for me.” Brad answered.

We all looked at each other startled.

“When?” Aiden asked in a shaky voice.

“12 minutes ago Monsieur.” Brad answered.

“Call the number she used. Now.” Ren ordered standing up.

There was a slight pause and Brad answered.

“Her phone number is out of service as of now Monsieur.”

“Thank you Brad.” Aiden said, defeat in his voice.

“She knew this would happen?” Minny asked quietly, wiping her tears.

“I told you before. Florence always felt that she would someday go back to the Institute. It will always chase her until it gets her. I think she has this connotation in her head that she will never have a life unless the Institute will change. She will be forever looking behind her back, forever be afraid for all the people she loves.” The Principal said. “But before that can I ask what is an Anti-wolf Serum?”

We looked at each other.

“Is it top secret?” The principal asked noticing our hesitation.

“It’s a project we had Uncle.” Aiden answered. “Flo and I.”

“Alright.. don’t tell me unless it’s relevant.” Principal said with an amicable nod.

We all fell silent again, lost in our own thoughts. Butter was yapping and looking around. It was obvious he was looking for Flo, it is her dog. I patted his head absentmindedly. My mind playing the events just awhile ago repeatedly.

Flo is gone. She’s been taken by them.. well technically she wasn’t taken. She left without any struggle, but she left for us, to keep us safe. She said those words because she needed to.

 But it wasn’t those words that troubled me now.

It was because I believe them. I doubted her, I lost faith in Flo. I didn’t remember one of the bases of her personality. That she was willing to do everything, even hurt herself to save us.

If it hurt us, those words I can only imagine how much her heart would have been breaking as she said those lies to us so we can just let her go without a fight.

How can I ever believe those words? I knew Flo would never ever say those words to me.

I love you Kim Jong-in. Never ever doubt that. Her voice rang with conviction inside my head. Her face floats in my mind. That easy but slightly shy mostly amused smile she has. How her eyes shines when she said those words.

I’m sorry Flo. I doubted you. I said in my head.

Kris was the only one who didn’t believe her. He did know Flo.. knew her even better than me.

I can’t believe this really happened. Maybe I fell asleep on the hill at the resort and Flo was having a blast laughing at me sleep talking. I would be under merciless teasing when I wake up. This day never happened. It’s just a product of my overheated imagination.

“Where’s Flo’s tablet?” Aiden’s voice rang.

No. it’s real. Flo is really gone.

“I think it’s in her duffel.” Minny said still sniffling.

Aiden takes the bag on the corner and places it in the table. He opens it and Peanut pokes out. Butter barks seeing the stuff toy on jumps on the table to pull it out.

“Butter no.” Aiden said pulling the elephant away from the dog. “I wondered what this duffel contained. Flo won’t put it down. Now I know. An elephant, her tablet, phone and wallet. This is her favorite I presumed?” Aiden asks handing the elephant to Minny who handed it to me, her eyes watery again. The others were throwing me meaningful glances.

I felt my heart stop beating when Aiden said that.

It has always been you.

Florence. Come back please. Why does this have to happen now? Why does it even have to happen to her? To us? I only had her for one night and fate decides to take her away from me the next morning.

How can she ask me to forget her? That is next to impossible. How can I forget the one girl who changed my life so much? To make me see that there is more to this world than high school and my petty high school problems? The girl who had managed to make me believe that there is something to look forward to even if your first love broke you heart. The girl who put my heart back together. No. I can’t forget her. Never.

I need to find a way to get her back.

“Now I need to figure out the password.” Aiden’s voice broke into my consciousness.

I look at him and saw him frowning at the tablet.

“Does it have a hint?” Luhan asked.

“It does. Here it is: The rhythm my heart beats to.” Aiden said. “That is one cheesy and perplexing hint.”

Everyone frowned. We were happy to have something else to do beside think about the dark thought of Florence gone.

“She said ‘embarrassingly silly…” Minny mused. “Can I have a go?” she asked Aiden.

“Sure. I have no idea what she is talking about.” Aiden answered handing her the tablet.

Minny gingerly took it and started to type. Luhan also looked and I can see understanding and sadness pass his eyes.

“I got it.” Minny said in a flat tone, handing back the tablet to Aiden, who looked surprised.

“Flo must have rubbed some of her brains to you Min.” Aiden said.

“No I just know my best friend.” Minny answered smiling sadly. Fresh tears running down her eyes. She made a half-hearted effort to wipe it away.

“What’s the password then?” Kris asked her.

“I rather not say it.” Minny answered and glanced at me.

The rhythm my heart beats to. I repeated it in my head.

My hand unconsciously fiddled the watch she gave me. The inscription.

You danced into my heart and gave it a whole new rhythm.

I abruptly stood. I suddenly can’t breathe.

“Where are you going Kai?” Lay asked me.

“Kitchen.” I answered roughly. “Water.”

Florence Jane Ambrose Khan I will chuck you off a cliff when you come back. Why did we waste so much time? Flo? Why? Why were we both so stupid?

My hand trembled as I placed the glass on the counter. I was half expecting it to shatter under my grip.

I wanted to hit something. I needed to hit something. I raised my fist and brought it down hard on the counter. The pain shot from my knuckles to my brain but it didn’t do anything good. I slammed my fist again, at a loss to what to do.

“Kai… are you okay?” Minny asked softly from the doorway.

“No. are you?” I asked back.

“I’m not but I can tell you’re more upset than I am.” She asked walking towards me. “You realized what her password is right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter