Shapes in the Clouds

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Byun Baek Hyun

FLO POV

Monday. It was back to school. I drag myself to the class room and buried my head in my arms trying to get some sleep. Minny and I did little unpacking yesterday; we ended up watching movies until late in the afternoon when Luhan came to fetch her. I spent the rest of the night putting everything in place.

“Morning Flo.” Kai said to me. I murmur a good morning, eyes shut.

“What’s up?” he asked me. I opened my eyes and raised my head wearily.

“I spent the night cleaning up.” I answer yawning.

“Didn’t Minny came to help you?” He asked but smiling already knowing the answer. I shook my head to clear it.

“Good morning Flo!” Minny sang as she sat beside me. She placed coffee bread in front of me. “Here I know you’re still sleepy.” I laugh and unwrapped the bread inhaling the coffee scent. It started to wake up my brain.

“Thanks Min.” I answer rummaging for my medicines.

“Do you still need to take those?” Kai asked me.

“Last dose.” I answer gulping down water. I swing my left arm around. I stopped wearing the sling yesterday. I push up my glasses since I was too tired to put my contacts on.

The rest of our friends and classmates walked in and the class started. I tuned out the teacher already knowing the lesson. I doodled on my notebook instead. I started to solve a calculus equation I found scribbled in my notebook when Kai took the notebook, ripped the paper and shoved it into his pocket. I looked at him crossed and he just glared at me. What’s his problem, I was about to finish that.  I grumbled in my mind and instead tried to listen to the teacher.

He was talking about cell divisions. I sighed and tuned him out again. It’s so crazy that here we were talking about cell divisions and mutations when there is an actual mutant in the room. After the weekend I felt like everything that is normal is surreal. I had stalked Ren’s Facebook and I can see that he is somewhere in America.  I miss my brother already.

Our last period before lunch was a free one since our teacher on that subject was not in. The class rep went in front and asked to start a meeting.

“Okay, classmates as you all know we have the best spot in the upcoming school fair thanks to Florence.” He said smiling at me. I smiled back. I have entirely forgotten about this. “Now I would like to ask what we should do about it?”

The class immediately started throwing suggestions. A café, a haunted house, a zombie café.

“they all sound so common.” I complained.

“what do you suggest then, since you got us here in the first place.” A girl said.

“Something unique and can make money. We do have the best spot why not take advantage of it?” I answer. “I can see this class is multi—talented, not like the other classes that seem to have a distinct characteristic. A is doing a quiz bee thingy, B a talent show, C is the café. We should do something different.”

“what can we do, like you said everyone is different and all our talents are not spectacular. What do we do with a fast calligraphy writer or a pie eating monster?” The same girl answered. I sighed at her negative attitude.

“We’re all different but we can use it to our advantage.” I answer as an idea formed in my mind.  I walked to the front.  “we can do a maze RPG.”

“A what?” The girl asked again. “what’s an RPG?”

“Role Playing Game. Since we are so different why not use it? We can make a maze and each and everyone can participate using their talents.” I said excitedly.

“Go on Flo.” Class rep encourage.

“People can pretend to be a character and enter the maze; they need to through the maze until the end where they can get a prize. But within that maze are game characters that will challenge them to test and quests before they can proceed. They can go various times at it since every corner will give a different character.” I explained the idea in my head.

“That sounds really cool.” Tao said.

“Florence you’re a genius! Where did you get the idea?” Class rep exclaimed. I froze mid cheer when he called me a genius. Minny suddenly looked wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter