Family, Friends and Food

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

So now I live with Flo. Don't get any nasty ideas, I just live in the same house as she does. I thought that I would get to see her more often since like I said we now live in the same house but no, Flo was always at the Lab. She disappears in it the moment we arrive home.

Ren and Aiden sometimes fetches us at school if they need her at the lab right away but most of the time we walk home. That's me and her. Luhan takes Minny home first before going back to the house.

Flo was worried that he might collapse somewhere alone but the incident hadn't repeated after the soccer game. The daily injections Luhan receives must be helping since he seemed more energetic now and I can tell if he is faking it.

So now it's Flo I'm worried about since she was pushing herself too hard on research and helping everyone in class pass the exams. She tries not to show how tired she is but if one always falls asleep in class and almost every moment she can escape her tight schedule must be a sign that she is tired.

Poor Flo. I know I'm not the only one worried, all of us were. We all try to make her smile and laugh, make her day a bit brighter and easier, that was one of the few things we can do for her and it's frustrating me to know I can't do more.

So that is why were are at the mall looking for the perfect cake to bring home. Flo had gone ahead of us since Aiden had fetched her at school. It was after exams and I had asked Ren Hyung if we can do a mini party to celebrate. He agreed instantly when he saw the opportunity to get his sister out of the lab.

"We should buy two." Minny said looking at the coffee and red velvet cake.

"Make that three." Kai said pointing to the chocolate one.

"You guys choose, I'll just go buy the drinks." Beakhyun said. Tao and Chen followed him.

In the end we brought the three cakes with a box of cupcakes. Some take out Bibimbap since Flo had fallen in love with it and some ingredients for D.O. to make into something.

We were about to out of the mall when Minny received a phone call.

"Hello Ren-sshi? Flo what?!?!" Minny said in an alarmed tone. "We'll go there right now. Bye."

She placed the phone back in her pocket and took several deep breaths which Minny does when she's anxious.

"What happened?" Kai asked taking the words out of my mouth.

"Ren found Flo unconscious in the Lab. Come on let's go." Minny said in a worried tone and dashed out of the mall with us close behind.

We all but ran back to the house. We arrived there panting and out of breath.

"Where is she?" Minny asked when we Aiden opened the door.

"She's at her room. She's still unconscious." Aiden answered closing the door after us.

"You guys put that in the kitchen." Minny ordered and ran to Flo's room. Kai and I following close behind her.

We entered her softly lit room. This was my first time entering it and my eyes glanced around.

It was colored in soft blue and white with a light and airy feel to it. There was a mini library with a desk in the corner facing the garden and a huge cozy arm chair in a corner. The stuff toys we had won for her were all spread out in the room with the Elephant from Kai and the Alpaca I had given her on the bed. The big bed dominated the room. It was a bed fit for a princess.

And Flo was lying on it ashen and unconscious.

"Min. sorry I called you like that. I just panicked when I saw her." Ren said standing from the bed.

"It's okay Oppa. What happened?" Minny asked coming closer. "She looks so pale."

"It must be the chemicals she was handling. The one she was working before she collapsed had a nauseating smell that must have caused her to lose consciousness." Ren said his hands wriggling in worry. "We had reviewed the tape from the lab and that was all we saw."

"She has a fever." Kai said putting a hand on her forehead.

"Yes. My poor baby." Ren said.

"Is Flo okay?" Sehun asked. I look back to see all of them had piled into the room.

"She'll be fine. I checked the bottle that she was working on. It was number 34. Nasty smell but not hazardous if inhaled." Aiden said entering after them. "She must just be really exhausted. It doesn't take just a smell to make Flo faint."

"Can someone get me a bowl of water in room temperature and D.O. you better start cooking some soup when she wakes up she'll be hungry." Minny instructed grabbing Flo's hand and rubbing it gently. "Someone turn up the heat a bit."

Kai had thrown another blanket over her and sat at her foot with a worried expression. I positioned myself behind Minny.

"She should wake up now why isn't she not awake yet?" Ren said worry lacing his voice.

"Should we wake her up?" Minny asked.

"We should just let her rest." Kai said.

Suddenly I saw Flo's hand twitch.

"She's waking up." I said.

"I have an idea." Aiden said. "Kai say her name."

"Me?" Kai looked at him surprised and confused. I saw at the corner of my eye Ren eyeing Aiden with a curious expression.

"Yes. Just try." Aiden answered.

"ummm.. Okay." Kai answered and faced Flo. "Flo. Florence."

Her brow creased and her eyelids fluttered.

"Interesting. Go on Kai." Ren said.

"Flo wake up." Kai said.

"Hmmm?" Flo said softly and her eyes opened slowly. Her eyes were bloodshot and tired.

"Baby your awake." Ren said, the hard expression on his face dissapearing, climbing on the other side of the bed.

"What-?" Flo said and stopped. She started to cough hard. "My head hurts."

"It's okay Baby. You'll be fine." Ren said.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Ren found you unconscious in the Lab. You were running a fever and you didn't even rest." Minny said.

"I needed to finish something up." Flo said closing her eyes and started to cough again.

"You need to rest Flo." Ren said.

"I will after we finish with the cure." Flo answered eyes still closed.

"Great and after that we'll find your cure for stubbornness. Florence. You. Need. To. Rest." Ren said in a firm tone.

"Well you're going to rest next week on the trip." Minny said.

"I'm not going." Flo said not opening her eyes. She didn't see the surprise and shaking of various heads at her statement.

"But you need to!" Minny insisted.

"Do you want to find Luhan's cure or not?!" Flo answered back her eyes opening. She sits up wearily and runs her hand through her hair.

"But you're getting sick!"Minny answered.

"And a trip to the beach will not do anything." Flo retorted her voice going up a notch. She starts to rub her head.

"Flo stop shouting. You're going to make your headache worse." Aiden said. "and you can go to that trip I checked all the test and they are all due on Friday. When you come back. There is nothing much you can do now but wait for all the results to come."

"But-" Flo protested but was interrupted by Ren.

"You're going sis. Even if I have to drag you there. Some sun will do you good too." He said.

Flo looks at all of us then sighs.

"It seems I have no choice don't I?" She said after a moment.

"No."Minny said shaking her head. "Come on Flo it's the first time we'll be going to the beach."

"Yeah yeah." Flo answered and coughed again.

"Baby you okay?" Ren asked.

"Yeah. It's just that awful smell of the chemicals is still in my nose. Ugg. I wonder how people of the old times manage it." Flo said rubbing her head again. "And I'm hungry. Is there food?"

"DO is cooking now." Kai said.

"Bibimbap?" She asked smiling at him softly. Strange. A strange emotion just run through me.

"We had brought the Bibibamp already. D.O.'s cooking the soup." Suho said.

"You guys go help him then. I'll get up and change." Flo said I saw a grimace pass her features before it disappeared as she tried to sit up right.

"Why don't you rest a bit more? We'll just call you when foods ready." I suggested.

"Fantastic idea Kris. Now Ren get up from there and help me clean up the lab. We can't let these kids handle the mess you made." Aiden said.

"You would have made a mess too if it was you who saw her." Ren answered.

"Point taken but come on." Aiden said waving his hand.

"Be careful around bottle number 37 and 40. Wear gloves and don't inhale number 39. It's fumes are toxic." Flo said.

"You already opened them up?" Ren asked.

"Last night." Flo answered.

"Workaholic. Anyway rest up now please." Ren pleaded.

"I will. Thanks Nii-chan." Flo said smiling.

"Love you Fluff." Ren said kissing her temple before getting out of her bed. Aiden and him walked out of the room in a more calmer pace.

Flo murmured something in response the leaned back into the pillows, eyes closed.

"You really okay Flo?" Minny asked taking Ren's place.

"I'll be fine when I've eaten something." Flo answered. "You guys sleeping over?"

"Yeah we were planning on a mini-party since it's the end of the exams. 3 down 1 to go that sort of thing." Kai answered.

"Party yey." Flo said weakly. "Who's helping D.O.?"

"He shooed us away." Sehun answered.

"Oh well you can do the dishes later." Flo said a small smile on her lips. "Where's my dog by the way? I don't hear him yapping at all of you."

"He's outside. He has a dog house now. A maaive do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter