To Escape

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV

“What happened?” Julie asked.

“The GPS bracelets. They had heat sensors. If after a few minutes that they don’t feel heat it’ll alarm.” Mike said.

“Why didn’t I think of that?” Flo said in a frustrated tone. “It was so obvious.”

“No time to cry over spilled milk.” Luhan answered.

“No time to sprout proverbs and metaphors too Lu-ge.” Flo answered with a weak grin.

Well at least her sense of humor is coming back.

“better move it guys. The whole army is being mobilized. Turn right.” Mike said.

Turning right showed us another white corridor much like the one we were in.

“Guys someone is on my tail here in the computer. I opened all the doors to distract them go back to the way you came. You’re a few corridors near it. Turn left, then right, right-“ Mike was cut short.

“Mike? Mike?!” Julie said.

“They cut off his transmission. Were on our own.” Aiden said.

“Come one. Let’s move.” Flo said as we hear footsteps coming our way.

“Hey you!! Stop! You!” A voice rang behind us.

We all look back to see a flank of gray men but now they don’t look cordial or polite, they look mad and menacing.

“Run.” Ren ordered.

Flo removed her arms from my hold and from Luhan’s.

“Come on.” She said grabbing my hand instead and proceeded to run ahead of me.

“Come on. Hurry.” Kris said from behind us.

I heard a wheeze pass close my ear.

“What the?!. They’re shooting at us.” Aiden said.

“Oppa please hurry. Faster.” Flo said pulling me forward. “Nii-chan, enter the door on the left. Hurry.”

Ren skid to a stop and ran into an open door with us following closely.

“Flo this is s dead end.” Ren said.

“No it’s not. This is the surgical room.” Flo answered tapping on a keyboard at the side of the door. “That’s an invisible door on the other side.”

“How..?” Julie asked.

“I’m not forever under catatonia. My protective mind barrier or whatever it is crumbles at times and one of those times is here. That’s why I remember them putting the electrical box and I remember the combination tone in the keyboard.” Flo answered as the door closed. “That will keep them out for a few minutes. Come on we can go through that door.”

“Julie you’re bleeding.” Kris said suddenly.

“oh. Ouch.” Julie said looking at her arm.

“Let me see.” Aiden said. “I think there are some bandages left. I’ll do a rough patch. Flo the emergency kit?”

“Here you go.” Flo answered throwing the small bag. “Five minutes max. I’ll see if I can open the other door.”

“you don’t know the code on that door?” Luhan asked. “where is the door in the first place?”

“Right here.” Flo answered and pushed a section of the wall. A key pad appeared. “Hmmmm. What’s the code…?”

“Flo! No time for long decoding!”Aiden said as he patched Julie up.

“I know. Wolf boy.” Flo said.

“Yo?” Kris answered grinning.

“Flex me some muscle and pull out this keyboard. I can rewire the whole thing from its back.” Flo said. “Can you do it?”

“Bah you’re all brain and no muscle. What will you do without me?” Kris answered walking to where she was standing.

“Simple. I’ll call Lu-ge.” Flo answered with a weak grin.

“You’re so unloyal.” Kris answered. “Go back a few meters.”

“Thanks wolfy.” Flo answered and walked to stand beside me. She puts her arms around me gently. “You okay Oppa?”

“I’ll be once we get out of here.” I answered.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly so that only I can hear her. “I’m so sorry.”

I felt my heart clench at the pain in her voice.

“Shuush. We’ll take later.” I answered putting an arm on her shoulder. Even with my jacket on, she was still shivering. “And I’m sorry too.”

Before she can respond Kris called out showing the keyboard that was now hanging by its wires on the wall.  She gives me a squeeze before going back to open the door on the other side.

“Flo we need to separate.” Ren said.

“No. We can get out together.” Flo answered.

“No we need a distraction.” Ren answered. “We’ll be safe once we get up the surface. Although we’re not under the Institute we’re still honorary guest. We can claim we’re visiting. You four aren’t even supposed to be here. We’ll be fine.”

“But Nii chan!” Flo complained.

“We’ll be fine. We still have the plan to do and part of that is getting you- all of you- out before we do the grand expose. You do remember we’re the bait.”

“I’m the bait.” Flo answered.

“Theoretically yes, but you don’t need to be there.” Ren answered and grasped Flo’s shoulders as she shook her head. “Flo. I won’t risk him seeing you again. No. Please. Listen to me.”

“No-“

“Florence! It will get them out faster. It will get Kai out of here faster.” Ren said glancing at me.

“But-“

“We will be fine.” Ren answered. “Trust me.”

Flo looked at her brother forlornly then at me then back at him.

“Fine.” Flo answered.

“Flo we’ll be fine.” Julie said hugging her. “Get out yourself and your friends out of here.”

“Okay.” Flo answered. “Please be careful.”

“Always love. You owe me a cake once we get home.” Aiden said smiling.

“I’ll make you so much that you’ll get sick of it.”Flo answered hugging the three of them. Thank you.”

“Anytime- wait no. Please don’t do this again. I only want action when I watch it on a big screen and with popcorn and drinks at the side.”  Julie answered.

“Okay.” Flo answered smiling weakly then resolve and determination was on her face.” Alright. Once I open this other door there might also be guards on the other side. You guys go one side We’ll go on the other.”

“You guys can go back the original way we came from.” Ren said. “Kris can you remember the way back there?”

“Yes. But the way back there has no room in which we can hide.” Kris answered.

“I know another way. “ Flo answered. “I think I can find it if we can get a map.”

“I have a map-“ Ren said raising his now watch-less wrist. “Which is now apparently gone.”

“We can find it.” Flo answered. “based on the blueprints I’ve seen it’s not that far from here.”

“great!” Aiden said.

“How about you guys?” Kris asked.

“We’ll manage.” Ren answered. “We should move. It’s already 4 minutes.”

“Alright. You guys ready?” Flo answered.

“Oh here. Take the benz. Get back to the manor as fast as you can. Wait for my call there. Okay?” Ren said handing her some keys.

“Okay Nii-chan. I love you please be careful.” Flo answered pocketing the keys.

“Love you too.” Ren answered putting swift kiss on top of his sister’s head.

“I look forward to the cakes love-“Aiden said wrapping an arm  on Flo’s waist and putting a kiss on her temple. “I should really stop calling you love.” He adds glancing at my slyly.

“You can’t. You have been calling me that since we we’re kids.” Flo answered.

“Oh well. Bad habits die hard and I would love to tease your boyfriend.” Aiden answered grinning now.

“Boyfriend?!” Ren exclaimed.

“In the future.” Aiden answered glancing at me again.

“Can we have this conversation some other time? Like over tea and biscuits?”Julie said anxiously. “Let’s go.”

“Alright.”Flo said. “Let’s go.”

Flo tweaked the keyboard some more then the wall retracted to reveal another corridor. Which so far is empty.

“Left or right?” Ren asked.

“Right.” Flo answered. “J time to use your brilliant sense of direction.”

“Absolutely the right time. See yah!” Julie said as they  started to jog towards the left side.

“Keep her safe.” Ren glancing back, said to the three of us.

“Yes hyung.” Luhan answered.

“Come on guys. Let’s go.” Flo said.

“Can you run?” Kris asked her.

“I outran you a few minutes back.” Flo answered.

“I let you outran me.” Kris answered.

“Can we argue along the way?” I asked.

“Yes we should. I can hear the door opening. Let’s go.” Kris answered. “Lead the way Flo.”

“Do what I say. Do not separate.” Flo said.

“Yes ma’am.” Luhan answered.

“Alright. Let’s go.” Flo said, grabbing my hand and leads the way out.

ooOOoo

FLO POV

We met no one for a few minutes but I think we are lost. The white passages are confusing. We turned around another corner and I stopped. I push the three boys back and made a silence sign. There were grey men going our way.

“Let’s go back and take the other way.” I said pushing them back as quietly as I can.

We hurriedly went back to see the other corridor was also filling up with men in gray suits.

“Shoot.” I said. “We’re trapped.”

“Hey! There they are! Freeze!” A grey man said.

“How many are they?” I asked.

“Ten. Six on the left, four on the right.” Luhan answered. I frowned as his eyes started to go red and then I heard him growl.

“Stay behind me.” Kris said putting himself between me and the approaching grey men.

I used to fear them. I dreamt nightmares of them taking me away but that was before. Now I have my reason to fight them and I’m not allowing them to take my life away from me again.

“As if. I’m helping.” I said.

“what can you do?” Kris retorted.

“I did study different kinds of martial arts and they have orders to bring me back alive.” I answered.

“Flo.” Luhan protested.

“I’m helping Kris on the six on the left. Those guns they have are stun guns. They won’t kill us but can knock us unconscious. Stay out of range.” I answered.

“How can you take them down?” Kris asked.

“I have this.” I reply and showed him the scalpel I swiped from Aiden. I glanced at Kai. “Stay here.”

“I can help too!” he protested.

“Stay put.” I ordered. I looked left and right to see the grey men closing in. “Now guys!”

A part of my brain was amazed as I watch Luhan and Kris move around. They were fast and already two grey men were down. I reached one and he aimed his gun at me. I slid down and kicked his legs making him fall. He tumbled down but still shoot at me. He missed me by millimeters and I returned the favor by using the scalpel. I heard him howl as a shadow came from behind me. I ducked as another grey man brought down the end of his stun gun to where I was a few nano seconds ago. He lumbered towards me and gave me the perfect angle to kick him so I took the offer and gave me a kick right in the groin. He doubled over in pain as I hastily stand and gave a karate chop on his nape rendering him unconscious. I gave a kick on the other one on the floor and he also went unconscious.

“Flo look out!” Kai shouted.

I felt the presence behind me and quickly turned around again missing the stun gun by inches. I kicked him and he staggered back but grinned.

“Feisty trouble maker aren’t you. Is that all you’ve got?” He taunted.

“Nope.” I answered and did a round house kick straight at his face. He crumpled to the ground but was still conscious. Amazing. “I’m one trouble maker you can’t handle.” I add and delivered an uppercut that would have made Ren proud if he was watching.

I stand, rubbing my hand that did the upper cut and look around. All of them were down.

“Everyone alri- Lu-ge!” I exclaimed seeing the blood on Luhan’s arm.

“I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt that much.” Luhan said and his eyes grew wide when he saw my hands. “Flo are you hurt?!”

“Not my blood.” I answered wiping them on the leggings I was wearing. Since they were white I now look like meat mashed up.

“Not a great fashion move Flo.” Kris answered. “we better hurry back, your wound is bleeding.”

“I didn’t actually stop.” I answer. Kris rolled his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes back at him, what a great time to think about fashion and be – I looked for a term that would better describe Kris good natured arrogance but can’t- so I let him be. I looked at him and saw he was alright, my eyes went to Kai.

Even now, when in we we’re in great danger my heart still does a ridiculous flip as his eyes met mine.

“Oppa?” I asked.

“I’m fine. You guys treat me like a princess- sorry Flo wrong term.” He said.

“It’s fine.” I answered grinning. “Come on let’s go.”

I searched the nearest unconscious grey man for a map and my hands met the cold metal of a gun.

“They have real guns.” I said pulling it out. “Do the others have one too?”

“ Yup.” Kris said pulling out one, Luhan did so and Kai prodded one by his foot not looking eager to touch the unconscious form.

“They’re serious. Come on, we better hurry.” I said making my search for a map faster.

“What are you looking for?” Kris asked.

“A tablet or a palm top that can have a map.” I answer moving on to the next unconscious man not finding any tablet but instead found another gun. I looked at it for a minute and pocketed it.

“Do you need to have that?” Kai asked.

“Might as well.” I answered.

“Can this have a map?” Kai asked a minute later holding out a small tablet.

“Let me see.” I said rushing to him and taking the tablet. I easily hacked the password and searched for a map.

“Why do they need maps here?” Luhan asked.

“This place is vast Lu-ge. The President was planning on expanding.” I answered shuddering as memories from my short time with him came back. Focus Flo. Focus. “Men still get lost hence the maps. Found it.”

I tapped the icon and saw where we were and also saw that it was blinking red.

“Falcon have you seen the targets? They have seemed to separated. We have reports of Ren Khan, Aiden King and Julie Wilde on the upper floor.” A voice from a radio rang.

“Eagle this is falcon. E78 corridor E78-“ The grey man was again rendered unconscious by Luhan.

“Falcon is down! everyone! Florence Khan spotted at E78!” The radio squawked again.

“Let’s go!” I said scrambling up pulling Kai with me. “Hurry!”

“Where?!” Kris said.

“Just follow me. Come on.” I order and started to run.

We took more confusing turns but with the map we we’re making progress. Another corner and we can find the door to the other way out.

“Freeze!” A voice shouted from behind us.

We did the opposite we ran. I heard a wheezing sound and felt pain in my left arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter