Chapter 50

My Musical Boundary

 

Donghae’s POV
I groaned as I sat up from my bed. I pinched my eyebrows together. My head hurts...
I slowly and carefully got out of my bed and into my kitchen where I keep the tablets. I winced just from moving my arm upwards to get the tablet from the top cabinet, it’s like the movement in my arms send electricity shocks to my brain. I managed to (somehow) get  the tablets I needed and went to get some water. After I had swallowed the tablets, I went to put the bottle of water in the fridge, however, the note stuck to the fridge caught my attention first.
Once again, I felt the headache coming back, even though I had just taken some tablets.
I snatched the paper off from the fridge and examined it closely.
Should I go?
I frowned.
I would go...if Eunhyuk went with me. But...Hyoyeon stated that I can’t tell anyone. I sighed. I might as well go...what was so important that she couldn’t have told me at the party?
I walked back to my room and flopped onto my bed. A nice rest sounds nice right now...

Narrator’s POV

After a 3 hour rest, Donghae got dressed into some casual clothes before leaving the house, making sure that he had the piece of paper with him. He walked along the street that was written down on the paper, continuously looking back at it when he wasn’t sure whether he was at the right street or not.
“324...324...324...” He mumbled as he looked up at the buildings numbers. He finally found it and walked inside the cafe. He looked around to see if he could spot Hyoyeon. Frowning as he couldn’t, he sat down at a spare table, ordering bubble tea whilst waiting for Hyoyeon.
As he was drinking his bubble tea, he felt a tap on the shoulder, causing him to look up at the culprit. He found Hyoyeon smiling while waving a little. He, in return, waved back and offered her to sit down.

“So how are you Donghae? I heard you had a headache yesterday?” She asked while sitting down.

“Yeah...It’s better now, lighter than before anyway.” He smiled.

“That’s good.” She smiled back.

“So anyway, what did you want to talk about?” He asked while sipping his drink.

“Ah...right...you see...” She tucked her hair behind her ear. “Normally I’d play it slow...however...I’m getting impatient...” She looked up towards him.  Showing a smirk. “Donghae ssi...were you confused when I asked you if you remembered me?”

“Yes...” He trailed off silently.

“Haha...” She laughed quietly. “You really are like a lost puppy aren’t you?”
Donghae sat there staring at the Hyoyeon that he didn’t recognise. Who was this girl?
“Hmm...should I refresh your memories, Donghae ssi...?” She smiled, however, it wasn’t a nice comforting smile.
Donghae, who didn’t know what to say, just nodded.
“Hm...Well...” She tapped her finger against her chin. “Our first meeting was...when you saw your boyfriend kissing another girl.”
Just with those words, Donghae remembered everything. His eyes widened. This girl here was the exact same girl he had saw back then. The girl that looked like a total , was this girl sitting in front of him, the girl wearing a pink blouse and black jeans.

“You...You...” Donghae was speechless. This girl was the girl who had forcefully kissed Eunhyuk, his boyfriend.

“Ah, you  remembered! Congratz!” She grinned. “It wasn’t a nice memory huh?” She smiled as if it was nothing.

“You...what do you want?” Donghae hissed. Now that he knew that this girl was the that Eunhyuk had told him about, he didn’t bother putting up his nice image.

“Oh? Where did nice Hae go?” She smirked.

“Answer the question.” Donghae hissed once again.

“Arasso~” She hummed. “No need to be so grouchy.” She smiled. “Hmm...you know why I kissed Eunhyuk right?”
Donghae growled.
“Feisty. Anyway, yes I kissed him because I still love him.” She smirked. “He would’ve been mine...” She trailed off. “If you weren’t here.” She hissed.
Donghae would’ve smirked proudly due to his win, but, the smile on Hyoyeon’s face was telling him otherwise.
“You know...you’re easy to lure in...you’re so innocent...” She played with her nails.
Donghae raised an eyebrow. But his eyes widened when he realised what she meant.
He walked straight into it.
He had walked straight into her trap.
He looked around. The packed cafe that was once here 20 minutes ago was deserted. Even the waiters, waitresses, baristas, everyone.

“Do you see it now?” She smirked again. “You walked straight into it, Lee Donghae.”

“What the hell do you want?!” Donghae hissed loudly.

“What do I want? I want Lee Hyukjae, of course.” She smirked.

Donghae hissed. “Why the hell would I pass my boyfriend over to a like you!?”

“Hm~ It’s either you break up with Hyukjae and give him to me or...” She slid a photo in front of Donghae. “You can say bye bye to every couple.”
Donghae’s eyes widened in shock.
There infront of him was a picture of every single one of his friends. Yesung and Ryeowook at the amusement park. Heechul and Hankyung eating at a restaurant. Kyuhyun and Sungmin at the cafe and his brother, Henry and Zhou Mi shopping.

“You...how did you get these pictures?!” Donghae shouted.

“It’s easy getting spies.” She smiled and clicked her fingers.
Donghae swore he could’ve cried from shock.
There, stepping out of the shadows, was his best friend, his childhood friend, Kim Kibum.

“Kibum...” Donghae muttered.

Kibum turned his head and ignored Donghae’s quiet pleading voice.

“You see...you’re best friend here...he’s been working under me for a long time.” She smiled. “Hmm...ever since you left Mokpo...?” She tilted her head and tapped her chin.

Donghae was frightened. She knew everything about him. It’s even worse since his best friend who has been with him when he was a child was on her side.
“Anyway~” She chimed. “What is it? Break up with Hyukjae for me...or do you want me to break these couples up?” She looked towards the picture.

“So what? You can’t possibly break them up!” Donghae snapped.

“Oh sorry to disappoint you honey, I can break them up.” She smiled. “Don’t believe me?”

“No .” He hissed.

“Hm~ Kibum ah.” She turned to Kibum. “How much couples did we break up?”

Kibum turned towards them, causing him to catch eye contact with Donghae. Donghae showed him a pleading look.
Kibum bit down on his tongue and regretfully answered.
“More than 10...”
Hyoyeon turned back around happily.

“There.” She grinned. “Proof. Oh! Also, I  can do a lot of things to break them up.” She nodded. “Like...hmm...making one of them move to another country, making one of them end up in bed with a girl, making one of them betray the other and also...” She smirked. “Killing one of them.”
Donghae had tears slowly welling up.

“Lies...” He could only muttered.

“Nope...I have proof for that too...” She smiled. “Remember Im Yoona? Hyukjae’s cousin?”

“What about her?!” Donghae shouted, scared of what she could’ve done to his dongsaeng. Especially since Yoona has disappeared ever since the day they spent at the amusement park.

“She disappeared~ correct?” She smiled. “She flew over to France to live with her family.” She explained. “Because you see...her parents were in a regretful accident, where they have lost their lives...”
Donghae’s eyes were wide.
“However...” She smirked. “It was a planned ‘accident’”

Donghae was shocked. Speechless. Scared.
“You...YOU’RE A MURDERER!” He shouted.

“Am I...? Whoops.” She smiled. “I’m a murderer that hasn’t been caught yet. So...if you were to tell the police...something like that could happen to your friends...or even your family...now you wouldn’t want that to happened now would you? Especially since you’ve already lost your dad.”
Donghae was mad. However, he didn’t want to lose his calm.

“W-What do I have to do...to prevent this...” He stuttered.

“It’s simple really...” Hyoyeon sighed. “Break up with Hyukjae.” Donghae was going to protest, but she had cut him off. “OR you can say goodbye to all of those couples that got together...like...your brother and his boyfriend.”

Donghae couldn’t take it.
He didn’t want to give up Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was his light. He had never been this happy before, even when he was with Jessica. However...his friends lives were practically at sake right now. If he didn’t do what Hyoyeon said, his friends could be in total danger, including his brother. His brother whom he had promised his dad to take care of. His little brother.
He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t choose. His friends, his brother, his boyfriend.
He couldn’t.
No matter what he would’ve chosen, he would’ve been in total depression after it was done.
What should he do...?
____________
DUN DUNNNNNNNN -epic piano sound- 
what will Hae do~~~ 
Brother or Boyfriend~~
I don't know what he'd do~~
OH!
And guise, choose a number, I have two ideas for the next chapter but I don't know which one to choose. Choose wisely~~ :3 (theyrebothangstysotheresnodifference:D)

 

 

 



I LOVE YOU ALL <3 
-superELFjunior AKA Nana