Chapter 89

My Musical Boundary

Ladies and gentlemen, we’ll be arriving in America shortly so please fasten your seatbelts, thank you.” 
It had been a rough 14 hours for the passengers on the plane. Well...for Lee Chan that is. The boy just couldn’t stay still and would always squirm around. The food on the plane wasn’t to his liking either. So he was glad to hear that they’ll all be landing in America soon. On the other hand, Hyukjae who had been sleeping like there was no tomorrow was awoken by Donghae who shook his arm with excitement running in his blood. Just like Chan, Donghae was happy, glad even that they were landing in America. Hyukjae wiped his drool and sat up. He fastened his seatbelt before checking that Donghae had done the same. Donghae looked out the window and checked the scenery. He couldn’t help the big grin that was slowly forming.
Finally...America...

The plane slowly started to set downwards and that’s when everyone knew that the plane was about to land. Hyukjae groaned as he knew that it was going to make a lot of noise and maybe even pop his ear drums and so he dug his face into his pillow. Donghae had just noticed that the plane was landing and so he quickly took out his earphones and placed them in his ears to lessen the impact of the noise. Suddenly there was a bump as everyone jumped a bit in their seats. They’ve hit the ground. Donghae was having a mini party in his mind at the moment. The plane drove on the runway to the gates so that the passengers could get off. The captain told us that we had safely landed in America and told us to have a nice trip. Everyone was also informed that they were able to unbuckle their seatbelts and take out any luggage that we had personally taken into the plane. Slowly, they all started to leave the plane. As they were leaving, a song started to play.

...Christmas is finally here, it’s time to celebrate
‘Cause you make a better world, year after year
Soon you’ll be on your way, spreading joy everywhere
There’s no one like you
 Santa you are the one~” 

Donghae smiled as he heard the song playing. That’s right, Christmas is finally here.


“We’re here...” Donghae muttered under his breath as he looked around the airport. They were finally in America. On Christmas day as well.

“Hae...” He heard his name come out from Hyukjae’s mouth as he felt his boyfriends arms snake their way around his waist, Hyukjae’s chin sitting comfortably on Donghae’s shoulder.

“Hm...” Donghae let out as he stared out of the windows, a smile lingering on his lips.

“Merry Christmas, baby.” Hyukjae kissed Donghae’s cheek.

“Merry Christmas to you too, Hyukkie.”

“Hyungs!” The two turned to see Seungcheol smirking. “Everyone has to gather over here, couples aren’t allowed to have their little Christmas moments just yet.” He gestured us over to where everyone else was gathered. Hyukjae and Donghae laughed as they walked over to the group, hand in hand. The PD told them that they’ll be heading off to the hotel and after that, they’re able to do whatever they want. However they must be in the hotel lobby by 8pm.
Everyone cheered.

“And last of all,” he suddenly voiced out again as the noise slowly died down. He smiled, “Merry Christmas, everyone.”

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” They all shouted together, earning looks from the surrounding passersby. They picked up our luggage and started to head out to the vans that were going to take us to our hotel. Since Seventeen couldn’t fit all of their members in their van, Super Junior took some members while the others went in the other van.
Currently in the van were Donghae, Hyukjae, Junhui, Mingming, Mingyu and Hansol.

Hyukjae laughed at the fact that Mingyu was separated from Wonwoo and was surrounded by couples in the van. Besides Hansol who was very happy with his phone. Mingyu on the other hand was seated in the very back right corner with Mingming and Junhui sitting beside him.
Donghae on the other hand was preoccupied with the camera that was attached to the side on the roof. He checked his appearance and smoothed down his sideburns. He grinned after successfully checking himself out. He looked over to Hansol who was on his phone, happily texting his parents and friends that he was back in America. “Hansol ah.”
Hansol looked up to Donghae. “Say hello to the cameras.”

“Oh.” He looked to the camera that was attached to his side of the roof. “Hello! We’re in America!” Hansol grinned as he spoke in English. Donghae smiled in success after getting Hansol to talk. There were, in total, 5 cameras in the car. 3 at the front placed on the right, middle and left side of the roof whilst there were two at the back on the right and left roof.

Mingyu was looking at the one on his side with puppy dog eyes. “Hyukjae hyung is bullying me...”

“I am not.” Hyukjae laughed again. “I’m just teasing you.”

“Teasing and bullying are the same thing.”

“Now it isn’t.”

“Well in my vocabulary it is.”
Junhui and Mingming on the other hand were speaking to each other in Chinese. All of a sudden Mingming hit Junhui on the shoulder and it sounded as if he scolded Junhui despite Junhui being the elder one. So overall, the van was noisy. There was a mixture of English, Korean and Chinese flying out from everywhere. Donghae continued to check himself out.


Donghae’s POV
As we got to the hotel, the staff distributed their keys to our hotel room. It was two people to a room. I suddenly felt sorry for the person who booked the rooms for us. However the thought ran away when I realised that the whole thing was sponsored by Siwon’s fathers company.
We all started to head to the elevators. Thank god there were around 6 elevators otherwise it would’ve taken everyone forever to get to their room. We’ve already decided on who our roommates were and it seemed like everyone else has decided as well. Hyukjae’s hands were still intertwined with mine as we finally got to our floor. We bid farewell to the other groups that were on a different floor from ours.
Our room was room 259 whilst Junhui and Mingming’s room was room 300, meaning that their room was in front of ours. We had the Seventeen members on this floor as well, meaning they took up 7 or 8 rooms considering they had to go in pairs. We had Seungkwan and Seokmin in the room next to ours whilst Dongjin and Junghan were in the next room. It seems like they paired up one of the young ones with one of the eldest. Of course, Wonwoo and Mingyu were together. However as they all slowly started to disappear into their rooms, I saw that Seungcheol and Doyoon were stuck together again and they didn’t seem so happy about that.
“Urgh...why am I with you again?!” Doyoon grumbled.

“I’m spending my Christmas with you again?!” Seungcheol groaned. “I wish I had a girlfriend.”

“No one’s gonna want a snob like you.”

“Oh shut up, you’re single as well!”
They continued to fight even as they went into their room. I laughed at their cute friendship. They must’ve been friends for a long time.

“Hae, come on.” Hyukjae opened the door for me as I smiled and walked in. I dragged my luggage along and placed it up against the wall before inspecting the room. It wasn’t small, that was for sure. Apparently we were in a 5 star hotel. Oh the things that the Choi Company can do.
I jumped onto the bed after I finished inspecting the bathroom.

“Wow...we’re actually in America...” I sighed and repeated the same sentence again. Hyukjae, who was also inspecting the bathroom, came out and climbed onto the bed with me.

“You still can’t believe it?” He laughed and played with my hair.

“It’s Christmas as well...” I smiled to myself. “Ah...today’s turning out to be so freaking perfect!” I exclaimed and shot my arms out, accidentally hitting Hyukjae’s stomach. He doubled over and held onto his stomach. I looked over to him and blinked innocently. “Are you okay...?”

He peeked from under his bangs and chuckled. “Y-Yeah...I’m fine.” He lifted his head up and smiled. “Since it’s Christmas...” He started off. I looked at him with raised eyebrows. “How about a Christmas date?”


“When I said Christmas date...I didn’t mean this...” Hyukjae groaned and dug his hands deeper into his pockets. I laughed at him as I also placed my hands into my pockets.

“Hyung hyung! Buy me this!” Chan exclaimed when he saw a Michael Jackson vinyl figure.

“No way! Hyung buy me this! Please! It’ll complete my collection!” Seungkwan pushed Chan away and pointed to a book.

“You don’t even read books! Hyung buy me this!” Seungcheol pushed the two maknaes aside and showed up with a teddy bear. Seeing a muscular 19 year old man holding a cute soft, fluffy teddy bear? It didn’t exactly fit together.

“Hyung, you’re 19!” Chan and Seungkwan complained together. “And gimme that! Hyung buy it for me! Please!!
I smiled, flabbergasted that these three were begging me to buy them presents on this Christmas day.

Kids, buy it yourself!” Hyukjae groaned. “No one asked you to freaking come out and ruin our date...” He grumbled silently to himself and looked away with a scowl. I chuckled and slung an arm around Hyukjae’s neck.

“Cheer up, Hyuk.” I grinned. “It’s Christmas.”

“Yeah but-”

“Alrighty kids, I’ll buy you something, but it has to be $10 or under.”

“Aww...” They whined. “$10?”

“Appreciate the fact that I’m actually willing to buy you something.” I narrowed my eyes at them. “I could always just keep my money to myself, if that’s what you want.” I grinned slyly and slipped my arm away from Hyukjae and walked off. The three boys immediately walked over to me and apologised, saying that they’ll find a present.
I left Hyukjae alone to walk by himself. Well...he wasn’t alone. Junghan, Doyoon, Dongjin and Jisoo were also there with him, but they were all split up on different sides. Dongjin pestering his most favourite hyung to buy him a teddy bear in which Junghan couldn’t help but to give in to. Doyoon was with Jisoo, asking him what the signs said and telling him to translate almost everything into Korean for him.

Hyukjae sighed. “...but I wanted to spend my Christmas with you and only you...”

Narrator’s POV
“MERRY CHRISTMAS!!”
Carols continued to play everywhere as Christmas lights , the city looking as beautiful as ever. It sparkled and shimmered to the point where you can spot it from miles away.
There were people performing on a stage, singing, dancing, acting or just pulling gags. Everyone was all smiles. They were all so happy on this special day. Hyukjae, who was still mad at not being able to spend this day with his boyfriend, smiled as well.

Santa you are the one~”
The song ended as everyone applauded. Suddenly someone tugged at Hyukjae’s hand as he looked down. He widened his eyes when he saw a small child, tears ready to spill any moment. He lifted his head up and looked around, attempting to find anyone who was currently looking for their daughter. Hyukjae panicked when he didn’t see anyone. He silently cursed to himself and smiled to the girl, taking her out of the crowd. He escorted her to one of the free benches and sat her down. He squatted down in front of her. She sniffled and still held in her tears.

Hyukjae sighed, ruffling his hair. “Aish...I don’t know English...” He muttered in Korean.

“I-I’m part Korean...” The little girl mumbled in between her sniffles.  

“Thank god.” Hyukjae sighed again, however in relief. “Are you okay? Did you lose your parents?” He asked. He panicked when she cried out loud, sobbing even. He quickly got out a packet of tissues from his pockets and gave her a clean tissue, wiping her tears and soothing her.
Slowly she quietened down.

“I-I-I was watching them sing a-and mom said that she’d be right back and-” She looked as if she was about to break out into sobs again and so Hyukjae patted her back.

“It’s okay, I’m sure she just went to buy you something warm to drink.” He smiled gently. “It’s a cold night after all.” He sighed. “What about your dad?”

“Dad was there as well! But he went with my brothers...” She sneezed. Hyukjae jumped and gave her another tissue. “Thank you...”

“Hm...What does your parents look like?” He asked, hoping that he’d be able to find them.

“M-Mom has brown hair a-and dad is tall and has blonde hair.” She explained. Hyukjae mentally cursed. Of course...how could he trust a child in explaining something...
Hyukjae sighed for the nth time that day before ruffling the child’s hair softly.

“Well, we’ll find them, yeah? But you have to stop crying and help me.” Hyukjae smiled gently. The little girl nodded. “Can you walk by yourself? Want me to piggyback you?” She shook her head and jumped off the bench. She raised her two fists up and wiped away her tears. “All good?”

“Yeah...”

“Okay,” Hyukjae hesitated a bit, but lent out his hand to her. He smiled when she gladly took his hand, her tiny child hand fitting inside his full grown adult hand. “Let’s go.”
They both set off in attempt to find her parents.
“By the way...what’s your name?”

“Lee Haeri."
_________________________________

Hey guys, just wanna update you with a very very short chapter so that y'all will get an image of what might happen next (( to be really honest, this was blindly typed up so I don't know where it'll end up))... :D I'll be gone on Christmas Eve so obviously I can't post it up on Christmas day but...

ADVANCED MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY <3 Hope you all have a blessed Christmas day and that you all receive amazing gifts. 


Once again, Advanced Merry Christmas everyone