Chapter 73

My Musical Boundary

 

Donghae's POV
Finally, my lower body doesn't ache any more and now I can finally walk without looking like a retarded seal! 
 
"HYUNG!!!!!!!!!" Mingming ran up to me in a dramatic way. 
 
"SAENG!!!!!!" I imitated him and also ran up to him in a dramatic way. We were just about to hug each other, but of course, I believe you'd know who got in between us.
 
"Yeobo, your should still be sore~" Eunhyuk placed his arm around my waist and pulled me back. 
 
"Baobei, I'm hungry~" Junhui placed his hands on Mingming's waist and nuzzled his face into the crook of Mingming's neck. 
 
Mingming and I both gave each other a glance and both let out a synchronised sigh. 
 
"AYO HEECHUL IN DA HOUSE YO!" Heechul screamed. The four of us jumped in shock when Heechul hyung appeared out of no where. "HOW ARE YA'LL?! IM GREAT." Heechul hyung laughed his hyena laugh. 
I could only stare as this crazy hyung started to blabber to himself. 
 
"Hyung..." I cut him out of his blabber, "what are you doing here?"
 
"Oh right, here you go~" He gave us each a piece of paper. I recognised the styling that had been used. It was the information sheet, telling us about the next dance we were supposed to do. 
It read;
'Greetings, our wonderful groups that passed the first round! If you're currently reading this than the mission that we had given our judges were accomplished. Now you should be wondering what the next theme is right? Well the theme is...whoever your judge is!
So if Jung Yunho gave you this piece of paper, than your theme is what Yunho will tell you. Same with the other judges. All will get different themes that all three judges will assign you.
There will be 10 groups for each judge.
Don't forget, you have to create your own dance AND your own song if we see any sign of plagiarism, you'll be straight out. 
For further FAQs, please contact one of the judges.'
 
"So what's our theme?" I looked up to Heechul after reading the sheet of paper. 
 
"Guess." Heechul hyung decided to play with us.
 
"Seriously?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.
 
"No." He grinned. "Your theme is food." 
All was quiet, until that one statement that came out from his mouth entered our brains.
 
"FOOD?!" We screamed at this crazy person. "HOW DO WE DANCE ABOUT FOOD?!"
 
"I don't know." He smiled innocently. "You have to make a song too, okay, bye!" He ran out of the dancing room. 
 
"Oh my god this bastard." Eunhyuk clicked his tongue. "Always running away like a cat."
 
"He reminds me of Cheshire Cat, to be honest..." Mingming mumbled. 
 
"I KNOW RIGHT?!" We all shouted together. We let out another heavy sigh as we slumped to the floor. "Honestly...how do we make a song AND a dance about food?!" Junhui muttered.
 
"Just cause we're amazingly awesome..." Eunhyuk twitched his nose. 
 
"Well we better start brainstorming, guys." I rolled to my bag that was against the mirrored wall, took out my sketch book and pencils and rolled back to the group. I flipped to the back of the book that was filled with scribbles whenever my pens decided to be es and won't work on me. I wrote the title in the middle and made an arrow shoot out of it. I quickly, at the top of the page, wrote down 'Song ver.' .
"First thing we should note down..."
 
"We'll it could be about how food can make one feel love?" Junhui suggested. 
 
"Oh, that's good." I nodded and jolted it down.
 
"Like...the girl isn't a great cook, but she learns to cook for love." Eunhyuk added. I nodded twice and also wrote it down. 
 
"Some keywords that we could use are cooking, food, girlfriend, pretty, ramen...um..." Mingming started to name some words. 
Suddenly Eunhyuk clicked his fingers.
 
"Ahh aish, we are seriously so stupid." He clicked his tongue and got his phone out. "Don't worry guys, I know who can help us." He nodded seriously. "Ah, hyung! Come to the practice room at Uni, we need your help. Yes it's the same place. Hurry and come over, Kay, bye." 

We stared expectantly at this hyung as we sat on our legs. My tiny nails were digging into the skin of my palm as sweat started to drop. His mouth started to open and immediately we leaned in.

He took a deep breath before letting out these wise words, "Just eat." We all fell down when he said that simple statement.

"Ah, Shindongie hyung!" Hyukjae frowned. 

"What~? What do you guys want from me?" Shindong hyung munched on his bread casually. Apparently he was out shopping for bread when Hyukkie called him. 

"Obviously we need your help. Hyung, you love food, tell us how to make a song about food, you're our coach hyung!" Junhui looked at Shindong hyung with  puppy dog eyes. 

"...oh dear lord..." Shindong muttered. "Why do you look so much like Heechul hyung." He massaged his cheeks. "Alright, fine."
Junhui grinned in success and highfived Eunhyuk. Shindong hyung took the notebook and pen and started to scribble down something, causing all of us to lean in and stare with raised eyebrows at his writing. He wrote without stopping so I guess he had this idea in his mind for a long time. When he slapped the pen against the notebook my hands automatically went over and slid the book out of his lap to take a look. Naturally they started to crowd around. I read it from bottom to start and stared at Shindong hyung in shock.

"Hyung...YOU'RE A GENIUS!" I exclaimed.
The others held onto the book and continued to read  all of it.

"Wah...chincha daebak!" Mingming gave two thumbs up.

"Yah, you two should hurry and make the song...we have to make the dance too you know!" Eunhyuk nudged me. 

"Ayeee" I gave him a playful glare and immediately dragged Mingming up. "Come on Mingming, we have work to do." I held onto his wrist, took the notebook with my other hand, and immediately ran out to the composing room..which wasn't that far. 
It was just around the corner. In the arts building, there is a composition room on every floor, don't even ask me why.
I quickly checked if it was vacant and immediately raced in along with Mingming. I closed the door shut as I sat down next to him at one of the tables.

"So..." Mingming started off. 

"Do you think'll we'll be able to finish fast?" I asked. 

"Well...to be honest...I'm not sure...but le'ts try, Jiayou!" He did the 'fighting' gesture.

"Hwaiting!" I nodded and did the same. 
I started to write down some random sentences, with Mingming here to help me out. 
 


Eunhyuk's POV
"OH. MY. GOD. NO!!!!!" I exclaimed and fell to my knees. "Impossible! I lost...how?! I gave Mew the full health potion!" 

"HAH! BEAT THAT HYUNG!" Junhui laughed as though he owned the world. "No one, I repeat, NO ONE, can beat Wen Junhui and his Mewtwo!" 

"But Mew and Mewtwo are like siblings!" 

"Are not!"

"Dude, they both have 'mew' in their names?!"

"Doesn't prove nothing!" 

"Oh hell yes it does!"

"No it-"

"WE.ARE.DONE!" Donghae and Mingming slammed the door open, causing me and Junhui to drop our DS's.

"OH NO. MY BABY." We both shouted at the same time as we picked up our consoles and hugged it. "ARE YOU OKAY?! ARE YOU HURT?!" We checked our consoles to see if there were any scratches. 

"...okay?" Mingming and Donghae looked at us strangely. "Oh right...we did it! We made a song!" Donghae jumped up and down.

"Wait...WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?!" We dropped our consoles 'lightly' again as we raced over. 

"Yeah, we just need to record our voices." Mingming grinned. I snatched the book and started to read it. It was snatched away from me instantly. 

"You don't know the tune we want it in." Donghae grinned. Donghae took a deep breath in and started to sing. I stared at him in shock.

_________________________

[SHINDONG] Uga uga! Uga uga!

[MINGMING] My girlfriend ([SHINDONG] is too pretty) My girlfriend

 ([EUNHYUK] her heart is prettier)

 

But she also has only one weak point – she’s a more incapable cook than me

[EUNHYUK] Can’t cook rice either Can’t cook soup either

[SHINDONG] This and that She can’t cook anything!

[EUNHYUK] She can’t even boil ramyun’s water

[SHINDONG] She can’t tell between soy sauce and cola

[EUNHYUK] I like you a lot but…

[SHINDONG] I love you a lot but…

[EUNHYUK] If it is really like this

[SHINDONG] Marriage is just…

 

[JUNHUI] For some reason someday you invited me to dinner

 

You called me over at your house, I was looking forward to it

[DONGHAE] I starved and starved and starved again 

while anticipating the delicious dinner you’ll give me

And imagining your delicious dinner I took a spoonful 

([EUNHYUK] Can it be this tasteless?!*)

[JUNHUI] Can it be this tasteless? What on earth did you put in it?

 ([DONGHAE] Ew it’s too tasteless)

I could cook better than this with my eyes closed

[JUNHUI] How could you ask me about the taste?

 ([EUNHYUK] Whaaat!)

What am I to say anything but… 

([MINGMING] Ooh, ooh it’s deliciousss)

I told her it’s really tasty, she smiles as she gives me another serving… please save me

 

[EUNHYUK] I haven’t got in touch with her for a few days

 

[SHINDONG] And her friend didn’t tell me news about her

[HYUK+DONG] She’s been going to English ([DONGHAE] I’m full) Japanese

 ([MINGMING] Anou) Chinese ([SHINDONG] Lai Lai~) lessons and has no time!

 

[DONGHAE] Then she suddenly got in contact with me

she invited me for dinner once more

 

[JUNHUI] I told her I’m alright I’m full 

but I run to her hopefully with those feelings

[EUNHYUK] Can it be this delicious? 

([MINGMING] Can it be this delicious?) Has a person made this? 

([DONGHAE] Oooh it’s delicious!)

[MINGMING] But I haven’t heard of such taste, not even in rumours

[JUNHUI] So she asks me about the taste

 ([MINGMING] It’s good! It’s good! It’s tooo goood!) 

As I shed a tear I told you ([JUNHUI] I’m going crazy!)

[DONGHAE] It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head that I have such delicious cooking

 

[MINGMING] And I realize that for me…

 

[DONGHAE] She’s been to cooking school

 ([ALL] Oooh it’s delicious!) Little did I know about that

 

[JUNHUI] Can it be so tasteless— ([SHINDONG] It’s not!)

 

[EUNHYUK] Can it be this delicious? 

([SHINDONG] That’s right!) Has a person made this? 

([MINGMING] Hey honey!)

[MINGMING] But I haven’t heard of such taste, not even in rumours

 ([DONGHAE] Oh no, it’s delicious!!)

 ([JUNHUI] It’s too good! It’s too good!)

[JUNHUI] So she asks me about the taste

 ([DONGHAE] the best!!!!!) And as I shed a tear I told her

[DONGHAE] It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head

 that I have such delicious cooking

([SHINDONG] Hahahaha!) 

([JUNHUI] Aah it’s delicious!) 

([DONGHAE] Eheheh)

 ([EUNHYUK] I want more~)

_____________________________

My gaped mouth stayed like that until Donghae gently pushed my chin up. "D-Donghae..."

"You haven't even listened to the composition yet." He snorted. "Anyway come on guys lets go record this." He grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me to the composition room. "So Hyukjae I want you to rap it the same way I did, kay?" He pushed me into the re cording room with a piece of paper with the lyrics on it. 

"Umm...don't you need a duo for this part...?" I questioned. 

"Oh right, sillly me." He laughed and pushed Shindong hyung in. "Hyung you know what I want."

"Rapping?" He raised his eyebrows. "Okay than!" He showed a grin. 

"Oh...before that, Shindongie hyung, can you do that uga uga part for me?" Donghae requested. "I'll play the music, just sing it when you feel its right." 
Music started to play in my ears from the headphones as Shindong hyung moved his body to the instrumental, he leaned into the microphone.

"Uga Uga!" He waited for a few seconds before saying it again. 

"Daebak, thanks hyung!" Donghae stopped the music. He grabbed Mingming over and pushed him into the recording room with us. "Mingming you should know how I want this. Shindong hyung and Hyuk, can you guys just say the lines in the brackets in like...a...cutesy voice?" Donghae commanded. 

"Like this?" I did a cutesy voice. 
Donghae's smile suddenly turned brighter. 

"Yes, exactly like that!" He nodded excitedly. 
I laughed. Well I know to use this voice next time I want to see him smile brightly which is like...ALWAYS. 
"I'm starting the music~ Shindong hyung if you could do your part again cause I'm starting from the start."
Shindong made an 'ok' sign as Donghae played the music.

We had continued to sing the song with Donghae constantly instructing us on what we were supposed to do. However he had to participate in the singing as well so therefore he and Mingming had constantly swapped places, making Mingming instruct us. 
In no time, we had finished singing. Shindong, Junhui and I left the composition room. We went back to the practice room and decided to plan out the dance on the music we had just heard. 
"Well obviously it needs to be a cute dance." Junhui shrugged.

"Do you specialize in cute dances?" I raised a brow at him.

"Nope." He popped the 'p' sound. "You?"

"Me neither." We sighed.

"Hey hey, you forgot about this master." Shindong spoke out. 
We stared at Shindong hyung for a few seconds before turning back and stared at one another. How could we forget? Shindong hyung is the master of food AND dancing. 


Yunho's POV
I smiled secretly as I stared at a certain person work. Unfortunately this blind person was yet to notice me even though I've been sitting here in the waiting room, watching as he chatted and occasionally walked from room to room, just to check on his patients. I was about to call him over but closed my mouth when someone else called out his name when he was walking in my direction. 
"Jaejoong hyung!" 
The said man, MY man by the way, turned around and smiled at the younger.

"Oh...Donghae, how are you?" 
My eyebrows perked up.

"I'm well." Donghae grinned. 

"Come this way." Jaejoong lead him to his office.
When he had closed his door, I stood up and stared at it with confusion. So Lee Donghae knows Jae...
I chuckled.
Definitely an interesting contestant. 

_______________________
HI THERE GUISE :D
LONG TIME NO SEE -shot-
OTL
Tbh...I didn't even know what I wrote in this chapter...especially the Cooking Cooking part OTL 

 

Comment and Subscribe~ 
-superELFjunior AKA Nana