Chapter 2

My Musical Boundary

 

Donghae’s POV

I was walking to university. Honestly, I would’ve been in a car right now, but no, my so called brother told me to walk to university myself while HE takes the car and drives there by himself. Oh...and yes, Donghwa works at the university, he’s a teacher for debating.
Anyway, back to the car subject. He said that I needed to lose weight! Well excuse me, I have really good abs right here! Do I see abs on my brothers stomach? I don’t think so!
Sheesh, he should learn to share...
I was at the university in no time. It was still pretty early, classes don’t start until 10:40am which is approximately in 43 minutes. So I walked towards the arts campus, where there was all kind of arts. Such as arts/painting, drama, music and my favourite, dance.

I looked around to see if Mr. Shin was here. Mr. Shin is REALLY nice, he lets me use the dance room every time I come early or just before I leave for my part time job. Now that I think about it...he’s even better then Donghwa! I guess there’s a big difference in a dancing teacher and debating teacher...

“Mr. Shin!”I called out as I saw his figure.

“Oh...Donghae ah! Here to dance again?” He laughed. I nodded me head quickly while smiling.
“Aigoo!!! How can you be so adorable?! You’re like an eight year old! You’re so different from your brother” He laughed and pinched my cheeks.

“Oww...”I whined as I touched my poor cheeks. “And I’ll take that as a compliment” I grinned before running into the dancing room.  I the lights and walked over to the where the speakers were. I attached my iPod in and started to play a song.
Because of you by Neyo
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHWB0Qp38ko )
I started to move my body. Dancing was a way to make my mind forget all the stress I was going through. Even though on the outside, I was sweating and panting a bit, on the inside I was relaxed and felt happy.
Before I knew it, the song ended. I walked to my iPod and paused the song. I went over to my water bottle and took a sip of cold water. The feeling of cold liquid going down my throat made me feel as though I was in heaven.

BUMP!

I choked a bit on my water. Someone was outside the dance room. If I was seen here I would definitely get in a lot of trouble, even though I was taking dance as part of my learning, no one was allowed to come here this early.
I quietly packed my stuff and went to open the door.
Boy did I make a big mistake...but what made me EXTREMELY shocked was the person who spotted me.

Narrator’s POV
Donghae was shocked, so shocked he was speechless. But the person standing in front Donghae was equally shocked.

“D-Dong...hae?” He stuttered.

“E-E-E-Eun...hyuk?!” Donghae mentally cursed himself for stuttering.

What was Eunhyuk doing here?! He was clearly older then Donghae by a couple of years, so he couldn’t be a student...unless...he was a teacher...?

“Do you...go to school here?”Eunhyuk managed to ask.

“Y-Yeah...what...are you doing here?”

“I’m the new dance teacher...” With that. Donghae’s whole world collapsed. Him? Dance teacher? What happened to Mr. Shin? He was completely fine a minute ago.

“Wha- How- Mr. Shin- what?”

“Mr. Shin retired from the job, he said that he needed to focus on another job which could earn him more money for him and his wife” Eunhyuk replied to Donghae’s endless stutters.

“But...he...he...just then....”

“He was here? He was probably coming to get his stuff...”Eunhyuk wondered to himself. Meanwhile Donghae’s mind was completely messed up. If Mr. Shin was leaving, he would have told Donghae.

“You’re lying...” Donghae muttered.

“Nope, he even told me through the phone the other day...sad...he’s really a great dancer...”Eunhyuk pouted. Donghae didn’t even stop to think before running off to find Mr. Shin.
He ran to the main building. There, he spotted Mr. Shin carrying a box full of all his belongings.

“Mr. Shin...”

“Oh...Donghae ah, just on time, help me carry this would you?”

“How come you never told me?”

“Hm?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?”

“...well...I guess it’d be best if no one knew...guess the secret flew out...I knew I shouldn’t have trusted the secret with Hyukjae...”He sighed.

“But...”

“Listen, Donghae. I’m leaving for the sake of my wife. I barely earn enough money here and back at the house we don’t have enough food.”He smiled gently at Donghae, who was in the midst of trying to hold in his tears. “I’m sorry for leaving so suddenly and not telling you anything, but don’t worry, I trust Hyukjae to teach you all great lessons, probably even better then my lessons.”
Donghae hung his head low. He felt like crying, he wanted to let his tears out but he knew that it’d look stupid if a 19 year old boy was crying.
He heard a sound as though someone had put something down on the table. Suddenly he felt arms wrapped around him, making him feel safe and warm.
“I’m sorry Donghae...never knew it’d effect you this hard”

“N-No” Donghae stepped away from his teacher. “I’m okay...I-I’ll help you pack your things” He said and went to pick up some of the boxes.

Mr. Shin smiled at his student. Donghae was probably one of his most loved student, he was helpful, full of energy, adorable, handsome and talented. He wanted to stay and teach him but he knew that himself and Nari needed a better life.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Where’d you go?”was the first thing that Eunhyuk asked when Donghae came back from helping Mr. Shin. “...why are your eyes red?”

“...nothing” Donghae muttered before going to the speakers and taking his iPod. He was about to leave but Eunhyuk, being the stubborn person he was, blocked the door. Leaving him standing in front of Donghae, leaning on the door.

“Tell me”

“Why would you want to know?”

“Considering from this day on we’re going to be student and teacher so, as a teacher, I am concerned of my student”

“...you don’t need to know”

“I’m not letting you go”

“I need to go to class”

“I’m a teacher, I could always hold you back with a reason.”

Donghae hated it how he was right. He sighed. Eunhyuk was nothing like Mr. Shin.
“...I’m just...sad about Mr. Shin’s retirement...”He mumbled, but Eunhyuk could make out the words he said.
Suddenly Donghae felt himself being pulled towards Eunhyuk and suddenly his face was in the crook of a neck.

“Cry”

Donghae didn’t know what to do. What was this man thinking?
But all of a sudden. His eyes started to water and before he knew it, he was crying. Crying into the shoulder of a stranger.

“Shh...it’s alright, don’t worry” Eunhyuk whispered soothingly and Donghae’s head.
Donghae kept crying. Not knowing what he was doing. Why he was doing it, but he felt comfortable. One thing he needed most. Comfort.
Just like when his father died. The one thing he needed most was.

Comfort...