Chapter 18

My Musical Boundary

 

Donghae’s POV

I was being dragged along the streets of Jeju by Hyukjae since Donghwa suddenly suggested that since we were in Jeju, we should at least explore around.
Earlier at 7:15am...
I heard loud banging coming into my room which I shared with Hyukjae, it was followed by a loud voice.
“Yah! Donghae ah! Wake up you sleepy head!!”

“Urgh...” I groaned.

“Wake up wake up wake up!!!!” I was continuously being hit by a pillow.

“Go to sleep...” I mumbled.

“What do you mean go to sleep!? Hurry up and wake up! Hyukjae’s woken up already! So is everyone else! Wake up!”
I groaned as I sat up. My eyes hadn’t fully adjusted to the light so I was squinting a bit.
“Hurry and wash up! We’re gonna explore Jeju!”

“I dun wanna...” I whined.

“Yah, we’re here on a vacation! Of course we have to explore!” Donghwa hit my head.

“Urgh...”I groaned. But ended up sighing in defeat. “Fine, you win, get out so that I can change...” I pushed him out. Once he was out the door I went and took my clothes. Eunhyuk’s bed was empty and it was neatly made. I went over and felt it. It was cold, obviously meaning that he went off for a long time. Why didn’t he wake me up?
I pouted and sighed.
...
Wait...am I...feeling disappointed?
URGH!!!!I don’t get myself these days...
One day I’m feeling totally happy about it the next I’m all grumpy...

I groaned and went to take a shower.
Present time...

“Oh! Look at that!” Sungmin shouted. Our heads perked up and looked at what Sungmin was shouting as we. It was a poster that was attached to the wall.

“Talent Contest?”Donghwa raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah! Donghae should join! So should Hyukkie!” Sungmin grinned.

“Me?” I pointed to myself.

“Yeah! Have you seen yourself dance?! Not to mention your singing!”

“I dun wannaaaaaaaaaaa” I whined and pouted. Suddenly an Idea popped to my mind. “I’ll only do it if everyone here does it...except for Siwon and Donghwa”

“Awww why not Donghwa?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Cause he’d kill me after everything’s over” I said in a serious tone, causing everyone to laugh. “It’s true!!”

“Arasso  arasso, Minnie and Kyu are in it too” Hyukjae glanced at the couple.

“Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve done something like this...”


“Yup, probably around...our junior high school days?”

“Okay! It’s decided! Everyone is competing! Besides Siwon and Donghwa!!” Eunhyuk cheered. I just sighed to myself. We went to where the contest was held.
There were alot of people here, ranges from singers to even acting. Everyone looked extremely nervous. We went to get our tickets/ numbers.
“So how many are competing?” The man smiled at us.

“Umm...” I counted. “9 people please.”

“Arasso...is there anyone who is going with pairs?”

“Anni-“

“Neh, there’s 2 pair and there’s one group  consisting of 5 people.” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Neehh” The man wrote it down.

“W-What?!”I exclaimed in shock. When I looked at Eunhyuk, he winked at me, in a way trying to say ‘don’t worry’.
We went to practice what we were going to do and right now, I don’t know what I’m doing.

“Don’t worry, I have a great plan.” Eunhyuk reassured me.

“Yeah, and what is this great plan of yours?” I rolled my eyes.

“Well...you know your song? I was guessing maybe we can perform that.”

“Hmm...yeah but that’s a solo song....”

“Yup, but when it gets to the we can do a little dance solo part, besides, I already know the dance moves anyway”

“Chincha?” I looked at him doubtfully.

“Yeah, come on” He pulled me up. “Play the song and I’ll show you what we’re going to do.” I sighed a bit and went to play my song. I was dancing for a while by myself. But then suddenly Eunhyuk came in and started to dance with me. At the dance break we each did a solo dance. Then we went back to dancing normally.

“Woah...that’s actually not bad...” I admitted.

“See? Hehe, that’s good, we don’t have to practice anymore, your dance moves are already engraved into my head” He smiled childishly. I chuckled and went to see what the others were doing. The group were practising their dance, which I recognised as our little dance we created when Mr. Shin was still here. I went over to KyuMin. The two were singing. I nodded slowly and went back to sitting next to Eunhyuk.

“Everyone! We’re starting soon!!!” A lady shouted. Everyone shouted an ‘okay’ while others were mumbling things like ‘I’m not ready yet...’.

“Kaja” Eunhyuk tugged my arm a bit strongly, but not too strong to hurt me. We walked to the backstage, hand in hand.

“U-Umm...Eunhyuk?”

“Hm?”

“Can I have my arm back?” He turned around and looked at our hands. He looked back to me. “No.”
I gaped as he continued to drag me.
We got changed into some clothes.
We waited and waited until it was finally our turn to perform.
“Annyeonghaseyo Lee Eunhyuk and Lee Donghae imnida!” We bowed. The judges gave us a look, telling us to start. We started to dance. I automatically started to lip-synch to my song. Things went smoothly. Now it was time for the dance break. We did exactly the same moves as like when we practiced, but this time when we went back to dancing normally he stuck his hand out, wanting a high-five, which I gladly gave him.  Once the song ended the audience gave us a loud applause and cheer. I could even spot Siwon telling the crowd to cheer louder,  which of course worked, I mean, if a famous actor told you to cheer, you’d cheer, right? We bowed and walk off the stage.

“Yah!”Kyuhyun ran up to me. “That was daebak! You too myeolchi!”

“Gomawo, I can’t wait to see your performance either!” I grinned at Kyuhyun.

“ But seriously...you guys were the best! Eunhyuk hyung was awesome as well! I’m surprised you learnt how to dance to Hae’s song so quickly!”Donghyun exclaimed.
We started to laugh and chat together.

“Annyeong haseyo! Kim Ryeowook imnida!!” I heard a voice shout, probably the next participant.

“K-Kim Ryeowook?!” Sungmin suddenly piped up. He quickly went over to see the participant. “Oh my god...”

“What is it hyung?” I asked curiously. Ryeowook, I think his name was, started to sing.
My eyes widened at his voice. It was a bit high but in a soft way. It was calming and just...wow!
Before I knew it, he finished singing and when he came backstage, Sungmin hyung pounced onto him.

“Yah! Kim Ryeowook! Using our song without my permission!??!”

“S-Sungmin hyung?! I-It is you!!” Ryeowook grinned as the two continued to hug more. I just stood and watched them. Suddenly, two voices shouted at the same time.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” I looked over to see who the owner of the voices were. I saw Kyuhyun was there and along with another guy.

“Yesung!” Ryeowook piped.

“Are you cheating on me?” Yesung pouted.

“Anniya~ You know that I only love you” Ryeowook grinned and hugged the Yesung guy.

“Eyy~ I can’t believe you forgot me already, Yesung” Sungmin sighed. “Nothing’s changed”

“What are you-...wait...Sung...min?!!?!!” Yesung’s face lit up and pulled Sungmin into a one armed hug. “I haven’t seen you in so long!!!!”

“Same!! It’s great to see you guys here! And you’re finally dating!!” Sungmin grinned.

“Yeah” Yesung pulled Ryeowook into a hug. “And I thank you for that.”
I just stood there, completely lost. I turned over to Eunhyuk but he just gave me a shrug.

“Ah...I’m going up! Wish me luck!” Yesung kissed Ryeowook’s head before going on stage.

We watched from backstage as Yesung started to sing and I must say...Ryeowook and Yesung are really a great match! Both of their voices are perfect! Yesung’s voice was deep with a calm tone.
Soon it was Kyuhyun’s turn.
and
wow, just wow. Kyuhyun hyung’s voice is just- just so angel like!! It could make anyone fall in love with him!
Sungmin’s turn was next and like his boyfriend, his voice was daebak! That cutesy wootsy martial arts bunny actually has a soft and calming voice.
It was the groups turn next and of course, they were awesome with their dancing skills due to my awesome teaching.
Everyone had finished their performances and now it was time to vote.

“I, Kim Heechul, have been given the honor to announce 3rd place, and that is...participant number 48, Cho Kyuhyun!” Kyuhyun smirked, as if he knew he’d win and achieved the trophy.

“Well, I have an even better honor of giving out 2nd place, and I, Park Jungsoo, is giving this to participant number 46, Kim Jongwoon!” I guess that was Yesung as he went up and got it.

“Better honor? Psh, I, Kim Youngwoon,  get the best honour that beats any of your honurs to give out 1st place and that is...drum roll please.” The judge turned to the other judges. The two rolled their eyes but did it anyway. “Particpants number 45 and 44, EunHae!!” Confetti started to stream down as the judge gave us the trophy. I didn’t react due to shock but when Eunhyuk hugged me, my senses came back.
“Congratulations!!!”
We bowed to everyone and thanked everyone. We went back stage and started to celebrate.

“I told you we’d win!!!!” Eunhyuk grinned as we hugged again.

“Wahh...I didn’t win...oh well, at least I’m not lonely.” Sungmin pulled Ryeowook into a one armed hug.

“Hmm...are those two a couple?” Ryeowook asked a bit loudly.

We stopped hugging and looked over to Ryeowook then back at each other.
“A-Anniya-“

“Yes we are!! We are the EunHae couple!!” Eunhyuk shouted, to cut me off.

“Haha, that’s great! You guys are such a  cute couple!!” Ryeowook smiled as we went off.
I walked slowly so that me and Eunhyuk were behind. Once I saw that everyone was in front I hit Eunhyuk’s arm.

“Ow! What was that for?” He pouted.

“For lying to Ryeowook!!”

“But can’t we at least try to be a couple? I mean even the judge approves of us.” I was about to argue back but Eunhyuk’s pout and puppy eyes got to me, making me close my mouth.

“F-Fine...”

“Yay! Kaja~~!!!” HE dragged me to the group.
Aish...chincha...my chest has so many feelings floating around right now...
____________
EunHae's performance. 
http://youtu.be/PQrA36vY8Vk

Kyuhyun;
http://youtu.be/RCQGV7G1o2E

Ryeowook:
http://youtu.be/g0ydDooiXFM

Yesung:
http://youtu.be/ORUoX7937SU


Sungmin:
http://youtu.be/e3bk4ytKkNY

Hope you guys like this chapter...I added some more members into this one...and the performance for this...-sighs-  I failed lllOTL
Regardless.
Comment and Subscibe!!!
-superELFjunior AKA Nana