Chapter 81

My Musical Boundary

Donghae's POV

"No no no, raise your voice, but use your throat. Like this." I let out a high note using my throat, it was a clean sound, almost as if it came from a professional singer. Soonyoung cleared his throat before he followed my demonstration. "Perfect! Now just use that to ad lib in with our song, Kay?"  After he gave me a nod, I walked away and showed a smile when I could still hear him practicing the technique I had just taught him.
Alright so you all are probably wondering what I'm doing teaching the other team. Well...long story short, Heechul hyung had suggested, or more like forced us, to create a fusion group of Seventeen and Super Junior for the upcoming round. Apparently every other team is also fused.

 


"Fusion round?" Seungcheol questioned. Heechul grinned and stood up as we all, for some reason, stepped back in fear. He looked at us with an astonished look.

"Why'd you all step back? It's not like I'm gonna eat you all. Isn't that right, Heebum ah?" He called out to his cat and puckered his lips a bit. "Anyway. Yes a fusion round. We, judges, were considering on whether we should create a fusion round where two twos team up to perform and seeing as to how you two groups seem to be getting along well with each other...done! Congratulations, now work hard in trying to make a song where both teams can perform. BYE KIDS.”

And just like that, Heechul hyung left us.


Even though you could hardly see it, I was stressing right now. We had finally written our song, only to have it be changed, but I tried not to show it. If I did it would probably make the others feel bad and I’m sure the kids probably made their lyrics as well.
“Hansol, how’s the rap coming up?” I walked over to the young American. He gave me a thumbs up and told me how it would sound like. I approved of it, but tweaked some little bits before I walked off to another group of boys and helped them with their part of the job.
Alright, so I assigned everyone a job because how it was before was extremely confusing as everyone didn’t know what to do, everyone was confused and everything was just a mess.

“Honey,” Hyukjae tapped my shoulder as I turned to him in a sharp motion, “here have a drink.” He passed me his water bottle as I showed a thankful smile before I took a big gulp of the water. 
After a couple of discussions, we finally got our song down and now it was time to compose and sing. I grouped everyone into main vocals, lead vocals, vocals and rappers before I assigned them to each part and boy was it hard. Having 18 boys sing a 4 minute song wasn't going to be easy. If I were to go into mathematical terms, each person would have at least 7-9 seconds and considering that the main and lead vocals have to take the lead along with the rappers rap lines...it wouldn't be fair. 

"Guys..." I mumbled. "Sorry but...not everyone will get alot of lines to sing...I mean there's 18 of us and-" 

"It's okay hyung." Doyoon cut me off with a smile. 

"We don't mind, as long as we get this song nailed and the choreography, we don't really care." Chan grinned.

"Yeah, I mean it wasn't your fault that we were fused together on a short notice." Seungkwan stated with a shrug. 
I smiled at their comforting words. I nodded my head and started to give out the lines to each person, instructing them on how I want it to be sung. It wasn't long until we got everyone to record their voices.


"Hyung! How about this?" 
I heard Chan's voice and could see him show a dance move from the corner of my eye. I smiled unknowingly. Chan was cute. He was like...a mini Michael Jackson. How old was he...14? Regardless, he was an amazing dancer, quite dorky as well. 
We finished recording and I was actually quite satisfied with our song. The tune was nice and the voices really mixed well with the song. So now all we need is the choreography and well...that's it! 
I continued to jot a couple of words down in my textbook in attempt to memorize my study notes. Luckily for me, my professor allowed me to skip a few of my classes but that didn't mean that I was free from studying. Besides, if I need a good future, I need great grades right? And I'm in university, so that's why studying and having great grades are even more important. So yes, take note of that kids, studying is a must. Don't just sit on your chair and have your eyes stuck to the computer 24/7. 
My ringtone interrupted me from my studies as I looked over to see an unknown number, carefully picking it up, I answered. 

"Hello...?"

"I don't know who you are...but I will find you and I will kill you." 
I looked at my phone weirdly before I placed it back against my ear.
"No I'm just joking, I just called because I'm bored and you left me at your apartment." The deep voice suddenly turned lighter and softer, almost as if it were a girl's voice. 
It took me a minute to realise that it was Minji on the other side. 

"Minji?"

"No sherlock."

"Anyway. Why don't you play Pokemon?" I ignored her statement.

"DS died on me." 
Well...that explains everything. "And I would play games on my phone, but it's on low battery." 
...
And that just ruined my next sentence.

I placed my pen on my note-filled book and sat back in my chair. "Well...do you have friends?"

"What sort of question is that? Of course I have friends!" She barked back at me.

"Who knows, you could've been an insecure emo for all I know and trust me, I don't even know your last name." 

"Er, hel~lo? I introduced myself to you when we first met, remember? I'm pretty sure I recall myself saying Jung Minji." Her diva voice was back. I chuckled silently. She really reminded me of Heechul hyung...only a younger version. I would have said girlier...but...Minji may be a girl, but she isn't as girly as Heechul hyung. 

"Right right. Then why don't you go out with your friends?" 

"Dude, the sun is going to burn me and turn me into ashes. Hell no am I going outside." 

"Seriously? What are you? A vampire?"

"I'd rather be called a sea sponge," I frowned before she continued, "because being a vampire would mean I'm related to Twilight."

"Oh..." I let out as if that were the only thing on my mind at the moment, "then should I call my friends over so that they can keep you company?" I asked when KyuMin hyungs popped up in my mind.

"I'm not a child-"

"Cough15yearoldcough." I interrupted her speech.

"...I'm a teenager." 

"Yeah, but you're still a kid to me."

"Whatever."

"So yeah. I'm calling my hyungs to go keep you company. End of discussion. Goodbye." I hung up on her as I immediately sent a text message to Kyuhyun hyung to go over to my apartment and babysit Minji for me. Not that he knows who she is anyway. 
I picked up my pen again and immediately went back to studying. Now that I think about it...Minji is 15...doesn't she go to school?


Minji's POV

Urgh honestly, how old does he think I am? 5? I don't need nobody to babysit me. I threw my phone on the spare space beside me as my arms fell lifelessly by my side. I stared at Donghae's kitchen counter without and expression or thought. 
It was pretty plain obvious that I had caught the 'Boredom' disease. I ended up standing up and started to roam around the apartment. It wasn't exactly that big but it wasn't that small. It was the perfect size to be honest. I walked past a table and glass cabinet that was filled with Rilakkuma plushies and other merchandise from this brand. I chuckled. And he calls me childish. After that, I started to notice all the pictures of Donghae and Eunhyuk, some with other people who I have yet to meet, not that I'd anticipate it anyway.
Suddenly I heard the door open as I straight away went into stealth ninja mode. I heard men muttering to themselves as I tried to get closer and hear what they were saying. Who knows, they could be planning burglary or even murder.  
"Minji ssi?!" One of them yelled my name. "Where are you?!"
I started to sweat cold sweat. They knew my name. They know where I am.
This is the act of stalking.

"See? I told you Donghae was pranking us. He probably wants us to feed his fish."  

"I doubt it, but yeah we might as well feed Nemo." Another voice suggested. I figured it was my time to shine as I ran out and jumped on the first guy that I saw.

"GAH!" He exclaimed and latched onto the other shorter guy. "WHAT THE ACTUAL ?!"

"Calm your Kyu." The shorter clicked his tongue. "You must be Minji ssi, right? I'm Lee Sungmin and this guy over here is Cho Kyuhyun. Donghae sent us here to-"

The guy I was currently latched onto cut Sungmin off from finishing his sentence, "baby sit you." Immediately I pulled his hair as Sungmin hit Kyuhyun in the stomach.

"No, we're here to keep you company because you're bored, correct?" 
I nodded my head as Kyuhyun whined and muttered incoherent words. I jumped off from Kyuhyun's back and dusted my hands as if he was covered in dust.

"If that's so...then my name is Jung Minji. Nice to meet you." I offered my hand to Sungmin and only Sungmin, who gladly accepted it with a smile. "So...what do we do?"

"Well...actually, Minji ssi, have you ever baked before?"

"Once or twice in my life...why?"

"How about some cooking classes?" 
I stared at him with a pokered face.

"Do you really want to die that badly?" I continued to show my poker face. "Do you want me to ruin Donghae's kitchen?" 

"Well...I have yet to experience it so...why not?" 

Donghae's POV
Seeming as the kids and Hyuk have been working hard in the preparation of our song, I decided to treat them all out to dinner...
...
And.
That may have been my worst deed ever.

"Hyung pass the cabbage!"

"Hey! That was my meat!"

"Woah...MINGYU THAT'S YOUR FOURTH BOWL OF RICE."

"Stop nudging me!"

"I'm trying to eat here?!"

I just stared as the kids created a huge commotion over the table. Thank god we were in a separate room. Though I'm pretty sure everyone outside could hear us.
"I warned you hyung." 
I looked over to Junhui who was calmly eating his meat. "When we get treated to dinner, we don't hold back." And with that one sentence, he grabbed another bowl of rice. I just stared at him with a gaped mouth before I turned back to the group who were still in the middle of eating, shouting and fighting.

"ALRIGHT GUYS. STOP." 
I jolted up when I heard that loud voice and turned over to see Seungcheol standing up. "I think that's enough for today, turn!" All of a sudden everyone turned to me. "Bow!" And with that, everyone gave me a deep bow as I widened my eyes and bowed back. I mean...even Hyukjae bowed! Not to mention the fact that I'm at the end of the long table. 

"Y-Ya get up!" I nudged the people beside me. Finally, after a minute or two, they lifted their upper bodies up and showed childish grins, making me smile. They were so adorable. 
 


NYUHUHUHUHUHUUHUH 
I'M BACK YO :D 


mollz1997 :x
I actually like minji she makes me laugh and reminds me a little like a girl (more y) version of our evil game kyu *hides from flying bricks* ..... 
Loved the update and I can't wait for the next update XD 

Oh? That's a first XDD -protects you from flying bricks- U w U 
Aww thank you~~ Loved your comment XD


PaboForSJ:x
OMG~ Eunhyuk and Junhui~ You guys are seriously just like kids~ Tsk~ Tsk~ Playing while Donghae and Ming are working hard~ LOL~ Heechul~ XD Fusion round~ Thats interesting~ ^^ 
Children, what can you do with them XD And to think that Mingming and Hae are youngest in their relationships eue 
Fusion! ...reminds me of power rangers OTL 

______________________________________________________
Enjoy this update eue I'm on school holiday so...faster updates? XDD 
Alrighty then so for now...ppai~~~ :3 
From yours truly,
superELFjunior 
...