Chapter 3

My Musical Boundary

 

Donghae’s POV

I tried hard to listen to Donghwa- I mean the teacher.
But my mind kept on moving away and started to remember what had happened earlier.
Flashback
“It’s okay...he’ll drop by to visit...”He told me as he kept stoking my head. I can’t believe I’m doing this. Letting a stranger comfort me...
“...even though you’re crying...why do you still look so adorable?”
I stopped crying for a bit and tried to rewind what he said.
Adorable...?
I blushed 3 shades of red at what he said and tried to pull away from him. But his grip was too strong.
“S-Sir...I need to go to class...”I mumbled.

“A...Ah...right...go...”He let go of me and I ran out the door to the other building where I was studying about debates. I was still blushing like an idiot right now.
I probably heard wrong...
But I’m sure my hearing is okay...
But a teacher would never say that...
Even so, a teacher would never lie...
Right?

End of Flashback

“Isn’t that right, Lee DongHAE”I jumped as something hit my table. It sounded like a stack of paper. I looked at the end of my table. I was correct about the paper, but my eyes slowly traced up from the hand that was holding the paper and jumped a bit when I met my brother’s eyes.

“Umm...yes...?”

“Stay back after everyone leaves” He sighed and walked back to where his table was.
I pouted and just sighed to myself. As I slumped down on my table.
Another lecture is going to come up in about
5, 4, 3 ,2-
RING
...damn it one second late.

Donghwa dismissed the class and the students went out. Some went to play on the field, some went to eat, some chatted and others just went straight to their next class.
I sat in my chair, slumping a bit. Donghwa came over, leaning on the table in front of me and rubbed his temples.

“Donghae ah...I know I’m your brother, but you have to listen to my lessons! Debating is something that’ll be EXTREMELY useful for you in the future” And he started to blab on and on about how my future would depend on debates and all that weird stuff.
“Yah, you listening?”He hit my on the head with a roll of paper.

“Yeah Yeah...”I mumbled and stood up, picking up my bag. “Hyung, I gotta go to my next class and it’s all the way across to the next building”

“Aish...you’ll never learn, fine, I dismiss you” He shooed me away. I went out of the building and went across to the other building where I had my dance class with Eun...hyuk...seong sae...nim...
OMFG WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!? NOOOO!!!!!!
I was mentally cursing in my mind. Why did I have to have him as the dance teacher?! Mr. Shin...PLEASE COME BACK!!!!

“Donghae!!” Someone shouted my name. I turned around and mentally slapped my forehead.
Well speaking bout the devil...

“Eunhyuk seong saenim....” I bit my lip a bit.

“You heading off to the dance building?”

“Neh”  I said a bit quietly. We started to walk towards the building together. T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R. and boy was it awkward.

“...why are you so formal with me?” He finally decided to speak.

“Umm...what do you mean? You’re a teacher, I’m meant to be formal with you”

“No I mean...the way you acted with Shindong- I mean Mr. Shin and Donghw- I mean Mr. Lee was completely different...” He slapped his forehead for saying the teachers’ first name instead of their surnames.

“It’s because Mr. Shin is my favourite teacher and Donghwa’s my brother” I told him. When I looked at him, he was pouting?
“Umm...Is...something wrong?”

“How come he is your favourite teacher?...If I become more like Shindong would I become your favourite teacher???”  He asked as he came closer to me, a little too close for comfort.

“...I...don’t...no...probably not...” I answered truthfully. No one can ever replace Mr. Shin.

“Aww...why????” He pouted again.

“Because Mr. Shin was kind, friendly, cool, funny, at times cute, good singer and is SOO cool at dancing” I told him.

“...are you saying I’m not kind, friendly, cool, funny, at times cute, good singer and cool at dancing?!” He gasped.

“A-Anniyo...”

“I feel highly offended...especially with the part where you said I’m not a good dancer! I’m literally one of the best dancers in Korea...” He acted proud.

“Umm...are you better than Rain sunbaenim?...or...Yunho sunbaenim?” I asked him.  He stayed silent for a bit.

“Okay maybe not the whole Korea, just the best dancer in this university...” He corrected himself.
He opened the door for me and we went to the practice room. There were already some students in there who were waiting for Eunhyuk seong sae nim.

“Alright, is this everyone?” He asked as he placed down his bag on the table.

“Yes~~” We (students) said together.

“Good, now, has Mr. Shin taught you about popping? “ He started to do some popping, but ended up adding other random things into it.

“Seong sae nim... you’re getting side tracked...” One of the students told him and we laughed.

“Ah...yeah, sorry, I just really like dancing...” He laughed as well and rubbed the back of his neck. “Anyway! Since I always get side tracked, I’ll teach you this dance that Mr. Shin and I did together” He started to play random dub step song.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZX2UDat7U only pay attention to Hyukjae cause...well...Shindong isn’t in this part =w=b)

“WOAHH!!!!!!!!!!!” We cheered and clapped as he finished dancing.

“Seong sae nim! We can’t dance like that!”

“Yeah! It’s basically impossible!”

“I wonder what it would’ve looked like if Mr. Shin was here!”

Honestly, I was shocked as well. He was actually pretty good- no...REALLY good. He wasn’t lying about being a great dancer. I just stared at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

“Okay Okay, that’s why I’m here, to teach you guys” Eunhyuk settled us down. We stood up and faced the mirrored wall and started to copy what he was doing. If one of us got one step wrong he’d tell us to keep repeating the step until we mastered it and went to help the others that got the step wrong.
In the end we got through ¾ of it. Which is actually not bad for a first lesson.
“Donghae~~ we’re going to the library, you coming?” Jiwon (one of my friends) asked me as I was busy taking out my bottle out of my bag.

“Nah...might stay here and practice the dance again...”I smiled at them “Sorry guys”

“Don’t worry bout it~, we know you, the typical Lee Donghae  who loves dancing more than his friends” Donghyun sighed and shook his head.

“I’m sorry that you guys are sooo much more boring compared to dancing” I shrugged and we laughed.

“Cya~~”

“Laters”

“Don’t stress yourself out”

“Yeah yeah, see you~” I waved them off. I had gotten a copy of the song that Eunhyuk seong sae nim danced to and pressed play on my iPod.
I started to move my body and tried to remember the other parts that we didn’t get to finish today.
After an hour or so I decided to stop and head to work. I packed my things and stuffed them in my bag, not caring if any one of papers would rip.
I started to head out off to Sungmin hyung’s cafe.

“HAEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”Sungmin practically screamed as I entered through the back door.
 

“Hyunnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!”I tried to imitate him.

“You took so long! Do you know how worried I was?! You were meant to be here 15 minutes ago!”He shook my shoulders.

“Really? Sorry...guess I got a little into the dancing that I forgot what time it was...”I rubbed my neck.

“...aigoo...my poor baby is working to hard!!”Sungmin hyung hugged me and rubbed his cheeks against mine.

“Hyu-“

“Yah who is your baby? What do you think you’re doing in the middle of work?? If I see this again I’ll really give you punishment!”Kyuhyun sighed and dragged away Sungmin hyung from me.

“Haeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!”He called out to me and stretched his arms to me. I just sighed and went to change into my waiters outfit.

“Hae! Serve table 15!”Someone shouted. I immediately rushed out to serve the table  but my jaw completely dropped to the ground when I saw who was sitting there, smiling his gummy smile while waving at me.

“Donghae ah~~”He cooed.

“Seong sae nim...”I mumbled as I walked up to him. “What would you like to order?”

“Umm...the normal order and...why do you always address me as ‘seong sae nim’?” He asked me. I gave him a look as if to say isn’t-it-obvious?

“You’re my teacher?”

“Yeah but we’re not in school grounds!”He pouted. “Just call me Hyukjae...or Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk’s better.”

“...ummm...sure...Eunhyuk ssi”

“No No No” He waved his finger in front of my face. “Drop the formalities”

“...Eunhyuk...sunbae”

“Yah...are you doing this on purpose?”

“No...maybe...possibly...” I looked around, avoiding eye contact. “Anyway imma...go make your order” I walked away and into the kitchen as quick as I could.

“What is this~? You interacting with the ‘weird’ person a lot more?” Kyuhyun smirked at me.

“He’s my teacher...of course I’m going to have to interact with him more.”I passed him the order and went to serve other customers.
I tried my best not to walk past Eunhyuk’s table but then there was the time where I had to go to his table.

“You’re back” He smiled.
 
“Here’s your order” I said simply and placed his order on his table.

“...can’t you just call me hyung?”

“Eh?”


“Well...I was thinking about it for a bit...and since I’m probably order than you by 2-3 years talking informally to me is unacceptable...though I wouldn’t mind, but I hate it when people are so formal to me...so...I guess saying hyung is on the fence” He explained.

“...I guess so...”

“Really?!”

“Yeah...”

“Say it once”

“...Hyung

“What ?”

Hyung

“Louder~”

Hyung” I said louder and bolder almost at a shouting level.
Everyone gave me a weird look. I gripped on my metal plate hard and looked down towards me feet. Damn it I hate it when I’m blushing.
“I’ll be leaving now”
I walked into the resting room and slumped into the chair. I fanned myself with a magazine that was on the table.  

“Hae Hae is blushing~~”Jaehwa chimed as he sat next to me and passed me his bottle of cold water.
I immediately drank it until there was only ¼ of it left.
Jaehwa looked at it and then looked at me with weird eyes.

“I swear...he is never ever going to take away Mr. Shin’s spot on my favourites list...”I muttered as I scrunch the bottle.

“Hae!! Your shift is over!!” Sungmin hyung shouted and I walked out of the room. I heard Jaehwa shout some last words.

“YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BOTTLE?!?!?!”
_______________________________________

8 subscribers already? -facepalm- 
anyway...DOUBLE UPDATE!!! 8DDDDDDDD
hope you guys like it and I hope I'm  not going too fast on this o.O cause I always tend to do that...(according to my evil teacher > A>) 
Drop a comment below and subscribe!!! 
See you guys in the nexy chapter! *MWAH*
heekiss
-superELFjunior AKA Nana