Chapter 79

My Musical Boundary

 

"Honestly...we worked so hard..." Hyukjae sighed as he slouched into the chair, flipping his hat onto the table in front of him.
 
"We didn't do that bad..." Donghae muttered.
 
"Honey, we came in on 11th place." Hyukjae emphasised. Donghae looked at the other with raised eyebrows and told him that they were just one mark off from 10th place, "Yeah but we didn't make it into the top half!" Hyukjae whined and slouched down more.
 
Rolling his eyes, Donghae made his way into his kitchen to make himself something to eat-
 
"MAKE ME SOMETHING TO EAT TOO PLEASEE!"
 
Scratch that, make something for the both of them to eat. Chuckling, Donghae obeyed and figured that he might as well just make jjajangmyeon since well...he felt like it.
 
Before he could even get started in cooking, the doorbell rung and just as he was gonna go get it, Hyukjae had already beaten him to it. Knowing that Hyukjae might as well just scare away the visitor, Donghae went to save the poor citizen from having to experience Hyukjae’s harsh ways of greeting a visitor.
 
"Oh hell no."
 
...
 
Well. That was certainly something new that Donghae had heard Hyukjae say. Pushing Hyukjae out of the way, Donghae smiled to the person in front of him, however than realised why Hyukjae had let out those three words.
 
"Oh hell no." Donghae muttered.
 
There stood Minji with her sunglasses, black ripped jeans, baggy sleeveless t-shirt and her black bag. Quite Goth if Donghae must say.
 
As Minji gave Donghae her raised eyebrows look, Donghae quickly changed his expression and smiled before saying, "oh I mean hello there! You must have packed already to move in...Or...not...?"
 
Minji shrugged, "I don't even know, he left a note on the counter telling me that I was moving in with you guys, but I came to make sure and to find out whether he's trying to sell me off."
 
Donghae blinked. "Oh." Was all that came out from his mouth after Minji had finished talking. "Well...I don't mind if your dad said that you're in our care than...please do come in." 
How awkward.
 
"Woah wait." Hyukjae finally interfered. "Are you saying that she's staying with you?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"That means I'm gonna have to live with you for the same amount of the time that she's living here orevenlonger." The monkey duplicate said in one fast breath, especially towards the end.
Not even getting a word that Hyukjae said, Donghae merely just shrugged and mumbled an 'okay', causing the elder to do a mini celebratory dance. Donghae welcomed Minji into his home before rushing off to the kitchen again to make the food that the EunHae couple had been dying to have. Minji walked in and settled herself onto Donghaes couch as she whipped out her phone and started to play around with it. Eunhyuk stared at the teenager with a blank face as he walked over to Donghae and watched him cook.
 
"As always, my Hae is such an amazing cook." Hyukjae complimented as he passed the noodles. Donghae shot a smile and continued to focus on the food.
 
"WHAT?! URGH!!" A sudden screech surprised the couple. As the sudden thought of Minji being hurt passed through his mind, Donghae rushed out to Minji, only to find her sitting on the couch with her DS. "How does that even work?! My Glaceon is on level 25! It doesn't make sense that a level 17 would beat me!"
Donghae sighed and blinked a few times before it seeped into his head that Minji wasn't in pain...well maybe...but because of the fact that she lost in Pokemon.
 
"Teenagers these days." Hyukjae whistled as he walked past to grab his phone and check his inbox.
 
"Just because you're old." Minji shot back and went back to playing her game. Hyukjae raised a brow and chuckled.
 
"Yeah...I guess I am old..." He pouted and walked back into the kitchen before mumbling, "I don't remember the kids in the past having this kind of attitude."
Donghae sighed and went back to finishing up the food before serving it in two plates. However he suddenly remembered that there was an additional person in the apartment at this moment, causing him to stare at the two plates blankly.
 
"...hey, Minji!?" Donghae finally called out, " Do you want to eat jjangmyeon?!"
 
"I DON'T KNOW?!"
Donghae popped his head out into the living room and stared at Minji with his 'Are-you-freaking-kidding-me?' look. Seeming as Minji ignored him, he went back into the kitchen and grabbed another plate for Minji.
 
"HYUK?!"
 
"WHAT?!"
 
"LUNCH IS SERVED."
 
Hyukjae shouted back his reply and within a second, he appeared besides Donghae with the usual sheepish grin. The younger frowned and smacked Hyukjae’s cheeks, however little did he know that Hyukjae's cheeks were puffed.
 
"Oh what the-" Donghae let out when Hyukjae's saliva sprayed all over  his face. "SERIOUSLY?!"
 
Hyukjae smiled innocently and quickly pecked Donghae's lips before sitting down and ate his lunch. Donghae rolled his eyes and wiped his face, bringing out the plate of jjangmyeon to Minji. Without looking up, Minji mumbled her thanks and continued to play Pokemon. 
 
"AYO WADDUP KIDDIESSSS!!!"  Heechul burst through the door with a happy grin, however that grin slowly melted when his eyes laid upon Minji.
 
Donghae's eyes widened and straight away he bolted at Heechul so that he was out of the doorway. After closing the door and pushing himself and Heechul out, he turned to his hyung and gulped when he saw that smile.
 
"H-Hyung..."
 
"So, Donghae yah, what is miss Minji doing in your apartment, casually sitting on your couch, eating jjangmyeon and playing Pokemon?" He smiled.
 
"Well..." Donghae tried to find the right words, "you see Hyung...long story short, Minji's living with me...well us because Hyukjae volunteered to live with me as well." 
Heechul's smile didn't waver, if anything it looked wider and scarier if that was even possible.
 
"Living with you? Why the is she-"
 
"DONGHAE GEGE!"
 
The pair whipped their head to the right, only to find Mingming and Junhui running over to them. "Oh Heechul hyungnim." They bowed in respect as Heechul nodded his head. "ANYWAY! Hyung we got the notice-...oh wait hyung were you going to tell Donghae hyung about it?" Mingming lowered the piece of paper that he was going to show Donghae.
 
"Actually yes I was, until I saw that girl in your apartment." Heechul stressed his words and gave a death stare towards Donghae who raised his hands in the air in surrender.
 
"It wasn't my fault!" He exclaimed.
 
"Girl?" Mingming raised an eyebrow.
 
Junhui clapped before saying, "oh! Is it Minji?"
 
"Oh yeah! I forgot about her..." Mingming clicked his fingers. Heechul stared agape at the Chinese couple. It wasn't long until you could heard Heechul scream out;
 
"YOU GUYS KNEW?!" Heechul screeched.
 
Out of nowhere, the door banged open and Hyukjae's face appeared.
 
"WHYWHATWHOWHATHAPPENED?!" He shouted all at once, but stopped when he saw Heechul and nodded his head knowingly before going back into the apartment.
 
"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL AND WHY WOULD YOU- WHAT. YAH! DONT YOU PUSH ME!"
 
Mingming, Junhui and Donghae teamed up and pushed Heechul into the apartment to reduce any further public nuisance and embarrassment.
Minji lifted her head, finally, and stared blankly at Heechul.
 
"Oh...it's miss y." 
That blank expression.
 
"You little-"
 
"OHAHAHAHAHAHAH HYUNG LETS GO FOR A WALK." Hyukjae jolted out of nowhere and tackled Heechul out of the door and into the hallway, probably dragging him out of the apartment. Donghae stared at the door that was left open and could only frown. It took three people to get Heechul into the apartment room, but one person to get him out.
 
"Well." Minji's voice rung. "Miss y seems to have an attitude."
 
Hyukjae's POV
 
God damn it I swear that girl really wants to die an early death...not that I'd care...but...Donghae would kill me instead.
 
So I continued to drag Heechul hyung far far away from the apartment since...well...he would probably run back and kill the poor girl.
“Let me go Hyukjae.” Heechul hyung ripped his hand away from my grip and scowled.
I stared at him and shrugged in return, muttering to him that it was for safety. “Yeah yeah.” He waved it off and continued to walk, so I had to follow him. We walked around like that, without conversing as much, until he finally spoke. “Why is she staying with you guys?”
 
“Her father went to Europe so she’s in our care.”
And there goes that silence again.
“Oh!” I clasped my hands together. “Right, I forgot to ask, what’s our theme this time?”
 
Narrator’s POV
Just as Hyukjae had asked that question, Donghae had did the same at the same time and just as if they were telepathically in sync, Junhui and Heechul told them the theme.
 
“It’s a romantic theme.”

"That's great!"

"It's perfect! 
Donghae and Eunhyuk said after one another. Heechul had gone home because Hangeng  called to tell him that he finished his schedule, therefore he left Hyukjae alone and dashed over to Hangeng.
So now Eunhyuk, Mingming, Junhui and Minji are the only guests that are in Donghae's apartment. They were discussing about the theme as Minji played games and texted on her phone, keeping her straight poker face. 
"Finally we get a decent theme." Eunhyuk grinned. 
 
"I know right." Donghae agreed as he sipped his tea. "So...what should it be about?"
 
"Obviously love," Mingming started, "unless you want a heartbreak romance theme."
 
"Nah...let's go with a sweet love theme." Donghae nodded. "Hmm..."
 
"Why don't you two go walk around the street and try to figure out some ideas for the lyrics while Junhui and I stay here and looked after Minji." Hyukjae suggested.
 
"I'm not that young." Minji muttered.
Hyukjae ignored her and looked at Donghae expectantly.
 
"I guess that could work, what do you think, Mingming?"
 
"I'm all up for it if you are hyung." Mingming grinned as the two stood up, grabbed their bags/wallets and phones before setting out. 
So now only three people remained in the apartment.
 
"So..."
Hyukjae blinked slowly and stared at Junhui, conversing with him through his eyes.
'What do we do?'
'I don't know.'
'Do something!'
'What about you hyung?!'
 
And so the eye-conversation went on whilst Minji played her game, taking little notice of what the two elders were doing.
_____
SonELF2gether:
Why did you sigh Hae? >< What's your place?
Thank you for the update (: 
 
Donghae: it was a sigh of relief! -grins childishly-
Oh you are most certainly welcome! XD thank you for reading and commenting -u-
--
PaboForSJ:
Ahh~ Minji appeared all of a sudden~ Is she going to be EunHae's love child? Haha~ Update soon~ 
 
Ohohoho who knows~ ...actually yeah what is she doing in this story XD IDEK why I put her in...probably because it seemed like it was lacking a character...idk XD
--     
SO GUISE. IDK WHAT TO DO AND HOW LONG THIS COMPETITION IS GONNA BE OTL but oh well...I'll try hard for you guys ;u;
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBEU PLEASEU~
Yours sincerely,
superELFjunior AKA Nana