Chapter 85

My Musical Boundary

I woke up with a groan as I could hear music blasting from next door. I looked over to my side and saw that Hyukjae was still asleep with his arm draping around my waist. Taking my phone, I checked the  time.

7:10am.

Who the hell would be blasting music right now?
Getting out of my bed in a lazy matter, I stumbled to where the music was, occasionally bumping into objects that I forgot were in my apartment. I ended up in front of Minji's door. Oh yes.
I forgot that she was living with us.

Literally, I could hear every word that the singer was saying despite there being a door between us. I knocked on the door, in which I knew was a stupid act because hell how could she hear me when her music is on full volume? So I just barged in and saw her on her bed with her laptop, books  and...is that my pocky box?
She looked up with a pocky stick in . "Oh. Good morning. Did you have a good sleep?" She asked with a straight face that it looked almost evil.

Not only that, but she didn't even bother to turn down the volume. "Why? Cats got your tongue?"
I kept my mouth closed but walked to her stereo and turned off.
"Dude. What the Hell." She walked up to the stereo and turned it back on. I glared and turned it off however she turned it on again.

"It's 7:16am."

"And I'm doing my work."

"Or are you just browsing the net?"

"I swear upon my laptop that I am studying for my exams."
I narrowed my eyes as I walked over to her laptop, checking to see if she actually was studying and luckily for the sake of her laptop, she was. Unless she quickly closed the tabs and knew that I was coming cause if she did, then lucky for her.

"Fine. You can keep it on but lower it, people are trying to sleep."

The doorbell rung as soon as I finished the sentence and as I heard the loud bump from my room, I knew that Hyukjae fell off from the bed and was going to answer the door.
Walking out to get a drink of water in the kitchen, I heard Hyukjae answer the door groggily.
"Yes...?"

"Hello! Sorry for interrupting your sleep, but is Lee Donghae here? Or...have I gotten the wrong address..." I nearly choked when I heard a female voice asking for me.

"...no...you have the right address..." Hyukjae carefully replied, "who are you, may I ask?"

"Park Hana."

I stopped breathing for a bit as I placed my cup on the kitchen counter gently. Slowly, I started to walk to the front door, Hyukjae looking at me with curiosity.

"Park Hana...?"

She smiled. "Lee Donghae?"

Everything froze in that single moment.

I stepped forward.

"...you." I uttered and attacked her with a hug. "Where have you been?! Do you even know how worried I was when you disappeared?!"

She laughed. "I disappeared? I recall telling you that I was going to study aboard."

"Well...I don't remember anything!" I pulled away from the hug. "How've you been? Did you get a boyfriend?"

"Ehh..." She pouted, "for starters, I've been well and healthy and second of all, I don't have a boyfriend." She scrunched her nose. "Still have been forever alone since I've left Korea." She laughed free heartedly.

"Don't lie, how could a pretty girl like you not have a boyfriend." I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"I appreciate your compliment, but I really am not all that pretty."

"A----nd Park Hana is still ModestHana.”

Hyukjae coughed and placed a hand on my shoulder. As I looked over, he gave me a curious yet slightly demanding gaze. "Oh right." I clicked my fingers. "This is Park Hana, she's like...my best friend...? Because she was best friends with Sica and so gradually she became my best friend too." I introduced Hana to Hyukjae. "And this is Lee Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk. He's my boyfriend."

"Ahh...you've chosen wisely, Hae." She laughed. "Hi! Nice to meet the boyfriend of my best friend, you seem to be treating him well since his panda eyes aren't as visible anymore."

"Don't know if that's a compliment or..." I narrowed my eyes, however she assured me that it was a compliment.

I doubt it though.

"It's nice to meet you too...Hae...seems to have many female friends..." He uttered the last part but we both heard it clearly. We ignored it as Minji's music was blasting extremely loud. "Freaking..." Hyuk hissed and stormed to Minji's room.
I looked back just in case Hyuk might have kicked her out of her room or threw her stereo out of the window.

"So um..." My attention went to Hana who had raised eyebrows, "you have a child?"

My eyes immediately widened as I spat out, "WHAT?! NO!! You've got it all wrong; we just have a friend staying with us until her dad gets back from Europe." I explained. She nodded her head slowly.

"So...why don't you come in?" I opened the door wider, "I just have to go check on the two and then change out of my PJs..."

"Sure!" She chirped happily like a bird. "Can I get a glass of water?"

"Yeah sure, the cups are on the 2nd shelf on the left." I told her before going to see how Minji and Hyukjae are going. I peaked inside her room only to find Hyukjae getting ready to throw a fit. As quickly as possible, I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him out of the room before he could make a mess. Despite the fact that I was the one who dragged him out, he pushed me up against the wall and smashed his lips against mine. Caught by surprise, I didn't respond and just maintained my wide eyes shocked expression as Hyukjae continued.
Finally, I got my senses back together and smacked Hyukjae's chest as I told him to stop, however it only came out muffled since our lips were still intact. But I guess he got the message when he stepped away.
"What the hell?!"

"Thanks honey." He smiled slightly and pecked my lips again. "I really needed that." He whispered into my ear. I frowned when he stepped away, smiling and ruffling my hair before moving off to our room to get changed. I stayed there, backed up against the wall as I was in deep thoughts. Something about Hyukjae's voice bothered me...I just don't know what it was. "Donghae?" I looked up and turned to see Hyukjae with raised eyebrows, "what are you doing...? Are you going to change there?"

"...huh..." I muttered with a blank face and pushed off against the wall, heading to my room.

As I walked into the room, I could feel Hyukjae's never ending stare at me, even if he was closing the door. I ignored it and just went to get clothes to change into. The bed creaked slightly as I knew straight away that he sat on the bed, but why was he sitting on it? He had changed his clothes already. I turned around to Hyuk with raised eyebrows.

"You're still here?"

"Problem?" He raised a brow, "Do you seriously expect me to go out there and awkwardly sit around with your best friend?"

"...well no but at least get to know her?"

Hyukjae sighed and pouted. "...I'll get to know her after..."

I frowned once again. What was with that face? Regardless I slipped on a fresh shirt and grabbed Hyuk's wrist, dragging him out.
We walked past Minji's room and since we were there, I might as well introduce her as well.Knocking on her door, which was once again another stupid idea, I went into her room and dragged her out even if she complained.
Hana was sitting there with her cup of water, looking around at my apartment as if she were inspecting for drugs.
"Like my apartment?" I smirked as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Ehh...mines better." She smirked back. I rolled my eyes with a playful smile and pulled Hyukjae and Minji to sit down with me. "Hm...your friend?" She smiled to Minji.

"Yep." I urged Minji silently to introduce herself.

Thankfully, she obliged to my order and smiled like the 'sweet angel' she was. "Hello, I'm Jung Minji" she bowed as she pronounced each syllable of her name with emphasis, somehow mocking Hyukjae. "It's nice to meet such a pretty friend of Donghae..." I nudged her sides as she coughed silently, "Donghae..." She hesitated before sighing, "Oppa."
I smiled in success.

"It's nice to meet a friend of Hae as well." She raised an eyebrow. "May I ask how old you are...?"

"I'm 15."

Hana looked shocked. "Oh? I thought you'd be younger."

Minji shrugged. "...can I go now?" She looked at me as I rolled my eyes and nodded, running off to her room to 'study'.

"She acts like your child."

"She acts like a brat." Hyukjae uttered as I slapped him on the back. "...so...Hana...ssi?"

"Just call me Hana."

"So Hana..." Hyukjae started slowly but stopped, making it awkward for all of us. I nudged the sides of his waist, telling him to continue however he nudged me back as if to say that he doesn't know what to say.

"He basically wants to ask you what you are doing here, right Hyukjae?" I glared at him as he smiled innocently at me.

"Right.”

"Oh well...just came to visit, really..." she started, "because I came back from America three days ago and Sica told me that I should visit you for old times’ sake." She chuckled.

"It's great that you did come though, I seriously haven't seen you in years...you haven't aged a bit!" I grinned as she laughed at me, muttering some words in which I couldn't hear. I checked the clock.
It was 8:50am.
"...hey," she looked at me with questioning eyes, "have you had breakfast yet?" I asked.

She pouted ever so slightly and looked around. "Nope...but I'm not hungry." She turned back around with a smile. I judged her with raised eyebrows as she stared back with raised eyebrows as well.

Hyukjae looked from her to me before standing up.
"You know what? Stuff it. Let's all go out for breakfast." He suggested.

"I'm all up for it." I replied as Hana nodded. Hyukjae jogged to Minji's room, probably asking her if she wanted to go out and have breakfast in which I found out the answer as I found her sprinting out of her room after she turned off her music. "Well then...let's go."
I was about to walk off by myself but Hyukjae grabbed my wrist and interlaced his fingers with mine before we officially headed out to eat breakfast.

"You're early today." Sungmin smirked as he spotted me coming to the cafe. He was outside putting the menu board up. "I see you brought customers, good on you."

"We're actually here to eat breakfast...I get a discount right?" I raised my eyebrows at him with an innocent smile. He smiled back and leaned in, patting my cheeks before he opened his mouth to say,

"In your dreams, Hae."

I clicked my tongue and pouted. We all walked inside and sat at a table as Sungmin took our orders before he went into the kitchen to tell the chef. Kyuhyun was currently on break since he stayed up all night last night to finish Sungmin's paperwork.

"So you work here?" Hana asked as I nodded.

"This is my third home-"

"Fourth." Hyukjae fixed my sentence. I stared at him with raised eyebrows and a frown. "My house is your third home." I blinked a few times before attempting to protest that I've been working at this cafe longer than I've known Hyukjae but of course, he cut me off.

“But anyway yeah. This is my workplace.”

“Hmm...It looks comfortable...” Hana mumbled and looked around. “It’s cute.” She grinned before telling me, “I used to work in a cafe when I was in America too but our cafe was totally different from this...it was so...plain.” She emphasised and stuck her tongue out.

“Of course I can talk bad about it now but back then I would have gotten my kicked if my boss heard me.”

“Really?” I puckered my lips ever so slightly. “I imagined that American cafes would be fancier...”

“You watch too much movies.” Hyukjae hit my head slightly as I scrunched my nose and kicked him under the table in which he winced at.

“Here is your breakfast~” Sungmin waltzed over as he placed a plate of pancakes on our table with other part-time morning-shift workers following him with the other food. “Enjoy.”
We all nodded and smiled before we decided to eat.
Hana chose to eat the pancakes that had strawberries and honey  along with Minji while Hyukjae was eating banana bread that had honey drizzled all over it with berries topping it off.
I, however, decided to eat waffles that had whipped cream and honey.
Midway into finishing our food, someone walked into the cafe.

“Oh...Donghae hyung!” I looked up and spotted Seungcheol and Doyoon as they walked over to us.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” I raised an eyebrow as I placed my fork down and high-fived the two.

“Just coming out to eat breakfast.”

“And then we have to get to school for the college exams.”

“Ahh. You’re 95 liners aren’t you?” I clicked my fingers. “Good luck guys, I know you can make it.” I smiled.

“We hope so too.” Doyoon grinned his every so angelic grin before converting his attention to Hana. “This is...?”

Hana looked up and widened her eyes for a split second before placing her fork down as well. “Hello, I’m Park Hana, a good friend of Donghae.” She reached her hand out for a handshake.

The boys nodded their heads and shook her hand before introducing themselves. They excused themselves from us so that they could go and quickly order their breakfast in which we allowed since they needed a full stomach before they take their exams.

“Man you have heaps of good looking friends, don’t ya? Donghae?” Hana laughed as she finished up her breakfast.

“Yeah I do.” I agreed before I finished mine as well.

Hyukjae, who had finished first and went to the bathroom, came back after talking to Doyoon and Seungcheol for a bit. Minji also finished and so we decided to head off.
I quickly walked over to the two 95 liners.
“Good luck guys! You’ll pass, I know it.” I smiled.

“Thanks hyung...and after we pass exams, we’ll pass the competition round too.” Seungcheol winked as we all laughed before I jogged off to catch up with the others.

“So where to next?” I raised an eyebrow. Hyukjae who was texting put his phone away and shrugged his shoulders.

“Well...we could just explore the city...I mean Hana hasn’t been to Korea in ages, right?”  Hyukjae suggested.

I smiled to Hyukjae and nudged his sides before asking, “well aren’t you considerate?”

“I’m just being me.” He winked as I slapped his back. “So you up for it?” He raised a brow at Hana who shrugged and nodded.

“Why not?” She grinned.
And so we decided to show her around Seoul. Occasionally walking into clothing shops as she wanted to buy clothes, we told her to take Minji with her and dress her up. Minji, who cursed at us for letting her get dragged by Hana, gave up and just stayed with Hana while she shopped for clothes.
While Hyukjae and I were waiting for the girls to finish shopping, my phone vibrated. I took it out and checked the message.

‘Hyung, please hurry and come to *** ***** hospital! Mingyu hyung got injured... – Lee Chan’

I widened my eyes. I told Hyukjae what happened and told him to stay with the girls as I quickly got a taxi and drove to the destination that was acquired.
I rushed into the hospital and asked for patient Kim Mingyu and once the nurse told me which room he was in, I quickly ran to it and slammed the door open before marching in.

“Kim Mingyu.”

“...hyung...?” He muttered. The other members stepped backwards as I approached him. I let out a deep breath as I lifted my hands up and gave him a hug as I felt him move away a little.

“Are you stupid!? Do you know how worried I was?! What did you do?! Oh god you should have been careful!”

After I backed away he looked at me as if I were crazy. “You’re not mad?” He asked with wide eyes.

I frowned and shook my head before answering, “ no...why would I be?”

“Because of the competition and all...” He mumbled. I smiled softly and shook my head.

“No no, it’s fine, we’ll have someone cover it for you because that’s what being a team isn’t it? If one is absent, we’ll present his position to the world with the most effort we can.” I grinned, “That didn’t really make sense but you get the drill.”

“Thanks hyung...” He smiled.

“So...what happened?” I stared at the cast on his leg and the scratches on his arm.

“Eh...” He started off before looking at me with a sheepish smile, “I kinda fell down the stairs on my way out of the dance practice room...”

I clicked my tongue and shook my head with a sigh. “Aigoo...clumsy Mingyu.”

“I’m here. What happened?” Hyukjae came in through the door breathing heavily.

“Mingyu fell down the stairs and fractured his leg.”

“...you’re kidding.”

“Nope.” Mingyu smiled the sheepish smile again.

“As long as you didn’t bang your head on anything and lose your memory then everything is all okay.”  Hyukjae smiled and nodded.

“Did you drop off Minji and Hana at the apartment?”

“Yeah.”

"Good."
We turned back to the kids as they stared at us however turned away when they knew that we knew that they were staring at us. "Hm...by the way guys...are you all free this evening? We should have dance practice."

"Yeah we are." A couple of them said out loud as I nodded slowly.

"Ah. But the 95 liners..." Hyukjae started before glancing over to to Jisoo, "...well except for Jisoo are having the exams..."

"Exactly..."

"I'm sorry guys..." Mingyu uttered in the background. I told him to keep quiet and said that it wasn't his fault that he was born to be a klutz that's talented and handsome.

"...but the competition is in...5 days...?"

"...hmm..." I looked up to Hyukjae who was also frowning. As he looked up and made eye contact with my eyes, we decided to have an eye conversation.
After a few minutes or so, we nodded our heads and turned to the others. "We decided that we will start today and inform your hyungs about the newly added steps tomorrow."

They stared at us weirdly, Chan muttering out loud as to how Hyukjae and I were able to decide on that by having a mere eye contact session.

"Alright?"

"Neh." They exclaimed altogether.

"And Kim Mingyu." I turned to Mingyu who looked at me with slightly rounded eyes, "you know your lyrics, yeah?" As he nodded, I smiled.

"Good, because you're gonna need them. This," I pointed to his cast, "isn't going to stop you from being on stage." I grinned. "Alright so!" I exclaimed loudly, "Everyone get a good rest, at 5pm we'll meet up at the dance studio and practice, Kay? Don't tell your hyungs either! They need their rest."
They all chimed their answers as we bid farewell to Mingyu, telling him to get better quickly and reminding him how much of a stupid klutz he was.
Hyukjae and I walked side by side down the streets. Hyukjae wanted to walk back to my apartment, which will take forever, and so here we are. We occasionally would walk into shops to check things out, buy drinks and food. We even discussed how the new formation for the dance will be like.
Slowly we got an image in our head of what it'd be like and we were satisfied with it, for now.

We decided to call a taxi since it was taking forever to get back to my apartment and it seemed as if Hyukjae had gotten us lost.
"We're back~" I chimed as I unlocked the door. Once again Minji's oh-so-quiet music was on while Hana was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Welcome back." She smiled and turned the TV off. "How is he?"

"He's all good, just fell down the stairs and fractured his leg." Hyukjae walked in and placed his jacket on the couch.

"That's good then." She stood up. "I have to go anyway, Sica said she's here to pick me up."

I widened my eyes slightly. "Oh really? Then I guess I'll go see you out." Hyukjae told me that he'd be in the study room doing his paperwork. Hana grabbed her bag and walked out as I closed the door after me. We conversed as we were in the elevator and went into the lobby where Sica's car was in view.
Hugging them both, I bid them a safe trip back and a goodbye before going back in.

As I got into the apartment, Minii was in the kitchen munching on my chocolate bar before walking back into her room as if she didn't even see me. I rolled my eyes and went to my room and decided to lie on my bed, staring up at the roof with a blank expression. However in my mind, I was planning out little scenarios on how the dance will go and how we'll convince the directors to let Mingyu on stage with a fractured leg. While the mini scenarios were running around in a circle through my head, Hyukjae knocked on the door and peeked his head in as I looked over with raised eyebrows.

"Are you resting?" He asked with a soothing voice. However I ignored that fact and asked him back,

"Are you procrastinating from work?"

He ignored my question as he walked in and closed the door before he asked another question. "Do you want a massage?"

"Do you want to get fired?" I asked back, with each question going back and forth he stepped forward a step and it wasn't long until he fell onto the bed, which meant he fell on my legs. "Seriously Hyukjae, get back to work."

"It's funny how you can easily call me by my name now." He looked up with a grin, "I still remember when you used to call me hyung."

"Do you want me to go back to calling you hyung?" I raised a brow.

"Is that a threat?"

"How is that even-"
Suddenly he attacked my sides and started to tickle me. I shouted and kicked my legs as he continued to jab at my sides. I'm seriously too ticklish sometimes.
I laughed out loud before finally taking action and pushing him over so that I was on top before I started to tickle him to death as well.
And so that was how we spent the last few minutes. Tickling each other to death until the other could hardly breath.
"Oh god..." I chuckled a bit again, "did you seriously have to do that?"

"At least you were laughing, besides, laughing is good for you."

"I don't think laughing until you can't talk is good for you, Hyukjae." I raised a brow as I cleared my throat and scrunched my nose.

"Eh, it's still good for you." He grinned sheepishly before leaning in and capturing my lips in a chap kiss. It took me a minute or two to realise that he was wasting the time where he was supposed to be working by lying here with me and so I kicked him off the bed and told him to get back to work and not to come out unless he wanted food or a drink. He complained, but compiled when I threatened to let him sleep on the couch. I told him that I'd see him when it's time to go to the practice room and meet up with the other kids in which he grumbled at and uttered unknown words.


"Hey guys." I called out to the kids as Hyukjae and I walked into the practice. Minji was currently with Sungmin and Kyuhyun again since I couldn't trust her to be at home by herself.

We started to do warm ups and conversed a bit before officially getting into dancing the song. After dancing the whole song, without Mingyu, I voiced out that we needed someone to do the tiny actions that are absent, such as an arm heart done by two people.
But now that I think about it, nothing really did need to be changed, we just need to one person to move out of their place to do Mingyu's tiny actions before moving back into their own place. It was really simple. Not to mention the advantage of having a lot of members is that you can hardly see a mistake.

Maybe I was just stressing over it too much.

Soon we finished up. I quickly went out when they weren't looking and ran to the convenience store across the street and bought 18 packets of Onigiri for them all. As I went back in, they all looked at me in relief as if they thought that I has been kidnapped or went missing. I distributed each packet to the members that were here and told Jisoo to give the other three members the remaining packets.
We bid farewell to each other as we walked our own ways and headed back home to have a great relaxing shower and a good nights rest.
______________________________
Hi guys ;u; 
How are you? 
I know, I know. I missed our birthday -keurais-
anyway ;; happy belated 8th anniversary guys <3 SUPER JUNIOR FOREBAH <3  

By the way guys, thanks for continuing to follow me despite the fact that I update hella late ;; I'm seriously so so so sorry that you have to put up with this. I'll try harder to give you guys more frequent updates that are interesting. After exams though, I promise you that I'll update more frequently and exams finish...Early December...? OTL but...after that I'm going on a holiday to Thailand...-groans- I don't know...
...
but...
I'll try hard.
* ^*)9 
Chair: -throws pillow at me-
Pillow: -noms on me-
Tumblr: -pulls me over-

-sobs-

-superELFjunior AKA Nana