Chapter 91

My Musical Boundary

Narrator's POV 

The walk back to the hotel was quiet. The street noises weren't as loud compared to when they were at the plaza. Sure there were the agitated shouts of workers, who were stuck on the late night traffic jams and the constant honks, but Donghae's mind was set on one thing, and that was to get to the hotel. Hyukjae on the other hand was focused on Donghae, mentally asking himself questions on what he could have done. Hyukjae wanted to take Donghae's hand, but whenever he could, Donghae would always tug his hand back. After trying for the nth time, Donghae dug his hands into his pockets and walked faster with a frown on his face, obviously irritated. Hyukjae stopped for a second. He was shocked, but started to move after realising that Donghae was moving fast into the crowd and he'd look weird to be the only standing person in a crowd of constantly moving people. Without neither of them realising it, Hyukjae was by his side again and the atmosphere between them was still silent. Finally, the hotel was in view and Donghae zoomed passed a whole group of people and entered the hotel first. Hyukjae rushed and caught up with him but just as he could get into the hotel, he caught sight of Donghae entering an elevator with a whole punch of tourists. As he reached the elevator, the doors closed. Hyukjae didn't even bother pressing the button even despite the fact that the elevator wasn't as full. He knew Donghae was mad at him and he probably didn't want to see his face at the moment. So Hyukjae waited for the next elevator to come.

Hyukjae had finally reached his floor. When he walked out into the hallway, he sighed and solemnly started to walk to his room. Their room. He started to think up of questions and answers that he'll have to ask or answer when he faces Donghae. He found himself in front of their door as he took out the key-card and opened the door.  He expected it to be quiet, Donghae was mad for god’s sake, but it was too quiet. Hyukjae walked further into the room, but Donghae wasn’t there and nether was he in the bathroom.  He walked back to their beds and plopped down with a huff on his bed. He went off to someone’s room.
The worried elder quickly pulled out his phone and started to pull all of the Seventeen and Superior members into a group chat, asking whether Donghae was with them or not.

‘Chan: Eh? Hae Hyung isn’t with you? We thought you were the one that got lost?’

‘Seungcheol: Donghae hyung came over and told us that you two were back, but he disappeared after that.’

‘Hyukjae: He didn’t tell you where he went?’

‘Seungcheol: Nope...’

‘Doyoon: Would you like us to help you look for him?’

‘Hyukjae: No no, it’s fine...’

‘Donghyun: Donghae only disappears like this when...’

‘Jiwon: When he’s pissed off...’

‘Leera:...Hyukjae oppa...did something happen?’

Hyukjae looked at the three recent messages and sighed. As expected of Donghae’s closest friends. Hyukjae quickly texted back a reply before grabbing his jacket and heading out.

‘Hyukjae: I may have made an unintentional mistake.’


Hyukjae walked around the lobby, looking for his boyfriend. The place was filled with tourists and their luggage despite it being so late in the night. He dodged the crowds and swerved through. It was annoying how he was the one who had to move and not the other people.
Hyukjae walked to the restaurant and asked. “Excuse me-” Hyukjae stopped and realised that he was speaking in Korean. He bit his bottom lip and muttered out his English. “Hi, um...has a person from room...” He checked his key-card “Room 259 gone in there?” He pointed into the restaurant.

The lady smiled and asked for Hyukjae’s key-card. When he gave it to her, she quickly scanned it, gave it back and typed something on the computer. “No one has checked into the restaurant from room 259.”
All Hyukjae understood was no one and room 259, but he easily knew what it meant.

“Ah...okay...thank you.” Hyukjae nodded his head with a light smiled before walking off with heavy steps. He looked around every corner. He cursed to himself. Why is the lobby so damn big?!

There were Korean tourists and so he used this opportunity. “Excuse me...”

“Ah! They have Korean attendants!” The mother smiled and clapped happily.

“P-Pardon...?”

“Please take this to Room 150.” The father chipped in with a smile.

“B-But um...” Hyukjae stuttered. Did they confuse him for hotel attendant?

From the side, a teenage girl slapped her forehead. “Mum, Dad...!” She groaned. “He’s not a hotel attendant!”

“He’s not?” Both parents looked at their daughter in confusion. The daughter only groaned and pouted out of frustration before waddling over to Hyukjae.

“Sorry about my parents...” She uttered. “But would you need help? You look like you’re looking for something or someone...?”

“Ah...yeah...” Hyukjae smiled sheepishly. “I kind of...lost Lee Donghae...” She looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Um...have you seen him?”

She looked lost for words for a few seconds before replying. “No...I haven’t...sorry.” Hyukjae scrunched his nose. “How’d you manage to lose your boyfriend? Have you tried to call him yet?”

Hyukjae pouted for a bit. “Hm...Well yeah, but he turned it off.” Hyukjae lied, but it wasn’t that much of a lie. Donghae didn’t turn it off, but he was ignoring his calls and texts so it was just as equal.

“Oh...that’s a shame...” She mumbled. “Well I hope you find him,” she smiled. “Super Junior, hwaiting!” She grinned as the idol grinned back and walked off to find Donghae again.

Hyukjae felt his phone vibrate as he quickly and swiftly took it out, expecting Donghae’s name to appear. However he couldn’t hide his disappointment when he saw it was from the group chat. Sighing silently, he opened the chat and saw the messages.

‘Doyoon: Donghae hyung texted me, he told us not to worry.’

‘Donghyun: Yeah, he told me that he was in the hotel with someone we all knew...’

‘Jisoo: Okay guys, which one of you aren’t owning up?’ 

Hyukjae frowned. Donghae was with someone he knew and he texted the others but him.

‘Hyukjae: No, it’s fine Jisoo. As long as he’s in the hotel I’m okay...I’m heading back now. All of you go to sleep. You all have practice tomorrow.’ 

With a click of button and a twist of a turn, Hyukjae headed for the elevator and headed up to his floor. His awful luck wasn’t helping as he found that the elevator was already quite full, but he went on anyway. He didn't have to click his floor as he saw that the button was already bright blue. Hyukjae stood there, in front of the whole crowd with a huff. He was really tired. He heard someone yelp his name as he turned his head around in a sharp turn. He spotted Soonyoung with the widest eyes he could muster. However he looked away and held the phone closer to his mouth and whispered something. The elder frowned at the younger males’ manners and was about to squeeze through to him, but the door opened. Hyukjae was midway into his turn but from the corner of his eyes he could still recognise that figure, that face. 

"Soonyoung? Hello?" Donghae frowned when the younger had suddenly hung up. What were his last words? He walked into the elevator with a frown, not looking up. Only when he bumped into another person chest was when he realised what Soonyoung's last words were. "Hyuk-" 

Hyukjae tugged at Donghae's arm and pulled him into the elevator before it closed. Donghae stood up and apologised to the other people in the elevator, glancing at Soonyoung who sent an apologetic look. Sighing, Donghae stood up straight besides Hyukjae who was in the middle of remembering whose room was on the floor that Donghae was just at. Finally the elevator door opened at their floor. Donghae walked out first as Hyukjae excused himself and helped pull Soonyoung out from the crowd. 

The elevator door closed and started to head to the next floor, yet the trio were still unmoving and quiet. Hyukjae was staring at Donghae who was staring along the corridor. Soonyoung was fidgeting besides them, not knowing what to do. Hyukjae saw this and sighed before ruffling Soonyoung’s hair and smiling. "It's late, you should sleep." 

Donghae took the words straight out from Hyukjae's mouth. The youngest between the three looked over to Hyukjae who nodded and nudged his chin towards the rooms. 

 

"Well then...uh...I'm heading off to bed first. Good night, hyungs." Soonyoung smiled and jogged to his room. When he opened the door, he was pulled in immediately and the door was slammed shut. 

There was a moment of silence as both males stood and stared at the door. Donghae entered reality first and started to head to their room. Hyukjae followed suit once he finally hit reality. By the time that Hyukjae had caught up with the other, Donghae had already opened the door and headed in. The elder walked in not shortly after and closed the door. At the sound of the click, he let out a sigh of relief. Finally, they were alone. After his bottom lip, he pushed off from the door and walked over to Donghae who was in the middle of taking his jacket off. All Donghae wanted to do at the moment was to take a nice warm shower and go to sleep. It’d been a rough day.
However, just before he could take off his jacket, Hyukjae had grabbed onto the jackets fabric and pulled it back onto Donghae, using it as an excuse to hug him.

Donghae turned his head and let out a glare from the corner of his eyes. “I’m trying to change...?”

“And I missed you.” Hyukjae smiled.

Donghae snickered. “Yeah, sure you did.”

“You suddenly disappeared.”

“The others should’ve told you that I was still in the building.”

“Yeah, they did but you didn’t.”
Donghae rolled his eyes and attempted to get out from Hyukjae’s grip.  “You were with Heechul hyung, huh?” Donghae turned his head sharply.  “I was right.” Hyukjae smirked and tightened his grip around the younger who frowned.

“Yeah, I was. So what?” Donghae continued to squirm around.

“So what were you doing with him?”

“We talked and ate. That’s all.” Donghae answered and groaned. “Can I get changed now?!”

“You sure?” Hyukjae raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, Hyukjae. All we did was talk and eat. What else could we be doing?”

“I don’t know.” Hyukjae smiled. “Lots of things could happen between two men in a single hotel room.”

Donghae groaned again. “You’re kidding me, right?”

“Nope.” Hyukjae smiled. “You suddenly left me and went to someone else-”
All of a sudden Hyukjae was flipped onto the bed, Donghae on top of him with a smug look.

With the smirk still attached to his face. “You’re one to talk, Hyukjae.” Donghae got off from the stunned elder. “You really are one to talk.” He uttered and took his sleeping wear, slamming the bathroom door shut.

The elder continued to lie on the bed, still stunned from how Donghae was suddenly on top of him. Not to mention the look of the younger males face. After he heard the shower running, he sat up on the edge of the bed and stared at the blank wall. He let out a snicker, which slowly turned to a chuckle.
He had done something wrong but the problem was he didn’t know what it was.


Hyukjae’s eyes slowly fluttered open. He turned his head to the right to be face with an empty bed that was neatly made. He turned the other way and saw Donghae brushing his teeth in the bathroom. Donghae, who caught sight of the elder through the mirror, quickly rinsed his mouth and spoke.
“Hurry and get read, the directors told us to come down and have breakfast.” And with that, he closed the door. Hyukjae blinked at the closed door and let out a soft chuckle. How could I get ready when you’re keeping the bathroom to yourself?

Hyukjae lazily sat up and went to get clothes to get changed into after Donghae had finished. He took the same jacket from yesterday because he forgot to unpack the other jackets from his suitcase and he was lazy to unlock it. He sat back onto his bed and stared at the wall again, fumbling with his jacket. He could hear paper rustle as he moved his jacket and so he dug his hands into the pocket and it wasn’t long until he pulled out a receipt and a card. He scrunched up the receipt put it back in his pocket, but he looked at the card. It was the card that he was given yesterday. It had a phone number along with an address written on it.  
Hyukjae looked at it for a few minutes before muttering to himself. “Should I go...?”

“Yeah, you should.”
Hyukjae flinched when Donghae spoke and walked past him to the dressing table to achieve the stationary that they needed for the lessons that the director told them about.  “Why don’t you just go to that place?”

“Yeah I should, huh?” Hyukjae mumbled once again. “It’s rude to reject an offer anyway.”
Hyukjae’s eyes widened when he heard something snap. He turned his head to Donghae, only to see him holding a pen that used to be in one piece.

“Donghae...?”

“Sorry.” He chucked the pen in the bin and picked up his bag. “I’m going to head over to Donghyun hyung and the others. See you later.” Donghae stood up and stormed out from the room, slamming the door shut once again. Hyukjae winced as the slam echoed throughout the room. Luckily, his neighbours were the other Seventeen members otherwise he would’ve been reported for constant slamming of the doors.
Slowly, his eyes wondered from the bin to the door and sighed. He did it again.
He did something that he wasn’t aware of and made Donghae mad at him...again.

_________________________________________________________
Alrighty guys.
It's up again.
Urgh.
I swear to god I updated this 4 days ago. I listed it as public and I even saw it appear on the recently updated list, but apparently it didn't update. So I had to rewrite the second half of this story all over again OTL I lost everything, but I tried to remember what I wrote. I was actually proud of what I had typed up that day...urgh...sorry guys, this isn't my best chapter. I didn't even include everything that I had written before it got 'erased'. 
Sorry but I can't answer your comments today, I'm really sorry guys! But just so you know, I read all of them ^^ and Meamusic gosh, your comments make me smile XD Nice to see a newcomer come and comment! Thank you! 

-superELFjunior AKA Nana