Chapter 77

My Musical Boundary

Donghae’s POV
“W-Wait...so you’re telling me...Yunho hyung was friends with Jaejoong hyung...which than lead him to become family friends with our parents...which means we’ve all met before...?”I smoothed things out.

“In some way.” Donghwa nodded.

“...oh my lord...” I rested my head on Hyuk’s shoulder as I felt him lean in and caress my head.

“That’s crazy.” Hyukjae stated. “Donghae’s seriously the most luckiest guy on earth...after me of course.”

“Why after you?” Yunho raised a brow.

“Cause I have the most perfect adorable boyfriend someone could ever have.”
I smacked his chest after he said that one cheesy sentence.
“What? It’s true!” He looked at me with a playful bewildered face.
I rolled my eyes and continued to rest my head on his shoulder.

“Anyway...can we go visit umma?” Donghwa broke the moment. “I, honestly, haven’t seen umma in ages...”

You haven’t seen her in ages, what about me?!” I retorted. “Oh gosh I feel so bad...” I groaned and dug my head into Hyuk’s shoulder.
In the end, we all got up and decided to head to Mokpo in Yunho’s car. I went to change into something different, along with Hyukjae, who took some of my clothes. Who knew we had the same clothes size?

“Hyung~” I jumped onto Jaejoong hyung’s back.

“Aigoo~” He bent down, but managed to maintain his balance, even adjusting my position to make it comfortable for both of us. “Kaja~” He carried me to the car with the others following us, Donghwa being the last person to exit the apartment, locked it for me.
“Throw you in?” Jaejoong asked as we got to the car.

“Place me in.”

“Throw?”

“Anni!—  GAH!” I shouted in shock when Jaejoong hyung threw me in the car. “Aishh hyung!” I whined and pouted.

He merely shrugged and chuckled, before going into the passenger seat. I gathered myself up as Hyukjae sat next to me and Donghwa at the end. "You DO remember where we lived, right?" Donghwa asked just to be on the safe side.

Yunho hyung shrugged and looked over at us with a grin. "We'll soon find out, right?" 


"Yah, we've been going in circles!" Jaejoong scolded Yunho for the 4th time.

Yunho grinned that childish grin again.
 
"Oh?"
 
"Aish, forget it, park by there. I'll drive." Jaejoong hyung flailed is arms as Yunho hyung parked the car by the side walk. Jaejoong unbuckled his seatbelt, got out of the car and exchanged places with Yunho as Donghwa, Hyukjae and I watch them share a brief conversation through eye contact. 
Jaejoong hyung put on his seatbelt and muttered things like 'Stupid Yunho' and 'Why am I married to you...?' or 'You're Yunho, you're supposed to know!'.
Finally, we took off.
To be honest, it would've only taken us an hour or so to get there, but due to Yunho hyungs driving, it took us a lot longer than it should have just to get to Mokpo. During the time we were in the car I played Angry Birds with Hyukjae on my phone and as for Donghwa...I don't even have to look to tell that he was snoring his off. 
 
"Yah kids! We made it!" I looked up to Yunho hyung in surprise, turning my head to the window. 
 
"Oh! We're here!" I grinned as I started to recognise my hometown. "Hwa hyung! Wake up you lazy bastard!" I leaned over Hyukjae to slap Donghwa hyung on the arm. 
 
"H-Huh? What? We're here?! About god damn time!" He exclaimed when his eyelids flung open. 
 
"Yeah yeah, come on." We all got out of the car, me telling Donghwa hyung to wipe the drool off from his mouth. 
I stretched my muscles and limbs and set off with the others to my house. It's been ages since I've walked around my neighbourhood, literally. 
The last time I remember coming here was when I was 17? I've been gone and have not visited for three years...well...not really...I've been here at least once every year, just to...you know, visit my fathers grave, but once I visited, I set back to Seoul straight away. Oh gosh...the guilt is really eating me up. 
 
"Hae! Donghae!" 
Hearing my name, I turned around and couldn't help but let that big smile stretch on my face. 
 
"KIBUMMIE!!!!!" I ran up attacked him in a hug. "Oh my gosh, it's been forever!"
 
"Yeah, like 3 months man." He grinned cheekily. He looked behind me and recognised some faces. "Oh...hey Hwa hyung, Hyukjae hyung!" He waved and grinned. "...wait...Jae hyung?" He frowned.
 
"Ayo Kibum." Jaejoong hyung grinned and gave Kibum a little wave. 
 
"Oh it is you! Wow it's been so long!" Kibum hugged Jaejoong, but while doing so, he looked over Jaejoongs shoulder and saw the one and only, Jung Yunho.
"Oh. My. Lord." He blinked, turned to me, then turned back to Yunho hyung. 
 
"Just go give him a handshake already, for Petes sake." I sighed and gestured him to Yunho hyung.
 
"Hi hyung! Nice to meet you!" Kibum smiled and gave Yunho, who compiled kindly, a handshake. 
 
"Nice to meet you too! A friend of Donghaes, a friend of mine." Yunho smiled.
 
"He's you friend and you never told me?!" Kibum turned around, stomped up to me, and shook my by my shoulders. "Bro are you crazy?! I thought we were friends man!"
I slapped his wrist as he let go.
 
"His my judge and my hyung, but I've only thought of him as a judge." I nodded seriously.
 
"That hurts Hae!" Yunho shouted sarcastically.  
 
"...and because I knew you'd come chasing me down." I grinned. "ANYWAY! Lets go to my house and talk yeah?" I slung my arm over Kibums shoulder as we all started to walk down to my house.
While walking, I could hear Hyukjae growling behind us and from the corner of my eye, I saw Donghwa holding him back. I let out a light chuckle. Slowly, a familiar shape started to appear before me, making me smile softly. Nothing had changed.
Without realising it, I let go of Kibum and ran to the house. I pressed the doorbell and waited for my mother to open up. By the time everyone caught up, she had opened the door. She gasped in shock.
"Donghae...?" She whispered.
 
"Hi...mum." I grinned. She smiled affectionately as she pulled me down for a hug.
 
"Aigoo my son!" She pulled away and placed both her hands on my cheeks. "Oh gosh how long has it been?!"
 
"A long time..." I told her with guilt. "But I'm back! And brought some friends over!" I grinned childishly. She laughed and patted my cheek. 
 
"Ah...Jaejoong and Yunho! I haven't seen you two in ages!" Mum pulled the two giants in for a hug. They smiled and hugged her back. "The last time I remember seeing you two was when you were little teens, and now look at you! You're both married to each other and successful as well!" 
 
"Neh umma." Jaejoong smiled.
 
"Mum~ is Minah here?" Donghwa pushed his way through into the house.
 
"Oh yes, Minah is in her room feeding Leo." Mum smiled and nodded to the house. We laughed as we all went inside. I looked around. I'm not even lying when I say nothing has changed. Everything still looked the same since three years ago. She told us to roam around as she finishes baking the biscuits she was making before we got here. 
Out of no where someone slipped their hand into mine. Wondering who it was I turned my head.
Why do I even wonder? It was obviously Hyukjae.
 
"I want to see your room." He smiled and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. 
I smiled back.
 
"I do too." 
Dragging him, we both appeared in front of my room. The sticker that I had placed there ever since I was 10 was still there. It was a sticker of the Red Power Ranger.
 
"How cute." Hyukjae chuckled. I shot him a glare as I opened the door. For some reason, a sigh of relief made its way out of my mouth. 
Once again, nothing changed...besides maybe my messy bed that I left before. The windows were open as well, so the air in my room wasn't suffocating. Hyukjae let go of my hand and roamed around my room, looking at my stuff. Even though it's my room, I did the same. I mean, it's been three years since I last stepped foot into this room.  

My fingers traced the books that I had neatly stacked up on my shelf, most of which are manga, by the way. I came across to the picture frames on my desk. They weren't dusty, so it seemed like my mother had come up and cleaned my room. I smiled at the picture of me and my father when I was four years old. Even though I was at a young age, you could see the resemblence between my father and I. The people around us always told us that we looked like each other, now I see why.

"Aww." I looked over to see what Hyukjae was doing and immediately my eyes bulged out. He was looking through my photo album. "You are so adorable, you know that?" He looked at me with a grin after showing me the picture of me when I was...2? 3? I don't even know. 

"Hush." I placed my picture frame down and went over to see my childhood pictures. Hyukjae flipped the page and immediately I laughed out loud. It was a picture of me during middle school. Man these type of hairstyles were the trends back than...I don't even know why. 

"Donghae!" Donghwa called my name. I closed the album and put it back on my bed as I entertwined my fingers with Hyukjaes, dragging him out to the living room where everyone else was. They were seated around the coffee table, eating the freshly baked biscuits and cookies my mother had made. 

"Minah noona!" I smiled when I saw my sister in law and gave her a hug. I squatted down so that I was at the same height as Leo who was sitting on the couch eating a cookie. "Leo ah~ how are you? It's Donghae hyung!" 

Leo stared at me, slowly a smile appeared on his face, which caused my smile to spread wider. "Aigoo!! So cute! You look nothing like  Donghwa!" I pinched his cheek. I leaned in and gave him a peck on his forehead, ruffling his hair as I sat down next to Yunho hyung, Hyukjae sitting next to me. 

“So...” My mother started, I looked up at her, expecting her to be looking at me, however, I was wrong as I found her staring at Hyukjae who awkwardly picked up a cookie.

“Oh right.” Hyukjae muttered giving me the cookie instead. He stood up and to my surprise, bowed to my mother. “Annyeonghaseyo Eomeoni. I’m Lee Hyukjae, your sons’ boyfriend.”

She let out a light chuckle. “Yes yes, I know about you, the boy who stole my little baby boys heart.”

“Mum, I’m 20.” I pouted.

“You’re still my baby.” She smiled. “Anyway, Hyukjae,” She turned back to Hyuk who, for some odd reason, looked tense and nervous, “You can relax you know? I’m not like those strict mother-in-laws you see in dramas these days.” She laughed. I felt Hyukjae relax beside me. I let out a laugh as well and intertwined my fingers with Hyuks’. “Wait...Mum we’re not married!”

“Yet.” Hyukjae and my mother said at the same time.

“Oh my lord...” I face palmed.
Everyone in the room laughed.

“You guys...we’re in this room too~~~” Donghwa chimed.

“Oh? I didn’t notice you hyung, when did you get here?” I said with sarcasm. Donghwa sent a glare before going back to playing with Leo.
We conversed with one another, my mother constantly asking Hyukjae questions. I played with Leo as Donghwa, finally, remembered that he had unfinished paper work and so left with Minah to his office. Oh, and by the way, Minah noona works as a secretary.

"Hey Donghae, remember this?" I looked over to Kibum and my eyes widened. He showed me the picture of the both of us playing with Power Ranger figurines. From my awful memory, I'm sure the picture was taken by my father. 

"Oh my god you look the same! I knew it! You're a vampire! You don't age at all!" I accused Kibum, because he really looked the same.
 
"You haven't changed as well you know." Kibum stuck his tongue out at me.

"Yeah I have. I've grown masculine!" I proudly showed a smirk.

"You haven't changed one bit, Donghae ah." Mums words sent me down the drain.

"Mum!" I whined. Everyone laughed at my misery as I pouted next to Leo, who crawled onto my lap and played with my fingers. 

"Oh...that's right, Donghae, show her your dance." Yunho grinned. "y Free and Single." 
I blinked.
Once.
Twice.
"With Hyukjae."

"KAJA!" I exclaimed as I placed Leo gently on the couch and dragged Hyukjae up. Yunho did the honors to play the song for us. We got into position and when the song started, we danced. 
It was hard.
Especially since we were in a small room and Donghwa kept throwing insults from his office. Once the song finished, I ran to his office and attacked him with my small plushies. Once I was out of bullets (plushies) I retreated when he hissed and shot a glare at me, standing up while doing so. 

20 minutes later...
I grinned sheepishly at Hyukjae who was in the middle of fixing my hair.
"Honestly...you and your brother are still kids..." Hyukjae sighed, letting out a small chuckle.

"Lee brothers are young at heart." I grinned. 
My phone rang as Hyukjae continued to fix, or play with, my hair. I took it out to check who was calling. Mingming.
"Hello? Mingming?"

"Hyung! Emergency! Heechul hyung told us we have to practice! Today is our last day!"

"DONGHAE! EMERGENCY! You have to get back to Seoul and practice! Taehwan told me today is the last day!" Yunho hyung came in a second after Mingming had finished telling me.

"Alright, I'll be there. You guys practice without us! Bye~" I hung up. "Yeah, Mingming just called." Hyukjae smiled and back away. He knew what I was going to do. I smiled back as I stood up and popped my head into the kitchen.
"Mum~" I chimed.

"Hm~?" She hummed back.
I waddled over to her and gave her a back hug. "I'm guessing you're leaving?" She laughed.

"Yeah..." I sighed sullenly and pouted.

"It's alright, just make sure to visit more! I get lonely you know, not being able see my own son." She mumbled. 

"I will~"

"Bring Hyukjae with you too, he seems like he'll be a good son in law."

"Alright..."

"You should get going, you have to practice right?" She patted my cheek. I pouted, not wanting to tear apart from the hug. "Yah, I thought you said you weren't a baby? Stop clinging to me." She slapped my arm.

"Oww alright alright!" My arms retreated. She laughed at my reaction. She went to the fridge and got out a box of strawberry cupcakes.

"You're going back to Seoul right? Take these with you and share them, kay?" She smiled that motherly smile. Tears started to well in my eyes. "Yah why are you crying?! It's not like I'm sending you off to war or anything!" She exclaimed with surprise.
I sniffled and wiped away the tiny tears.

"I know but...I feel like such a bad son! I hardly ever come to visit and..." I sulked.

"No sulking." She slapped my head. "The past does not matter, it's all about the future." She smiled sweetly. I almost broke out into tears again but her threatening glare stopped the tears.

"Alright...bye mum." I sniffled again before enveloping her into another hug. " I love you..."

"I love you too, now hurry and go!" She smacked my bottom. I pouted and waddled out. "I LOVE YOU MUM!!" I shouted. She shouted something back, but I couldn't hear her. 
"Bye Leo~" I kissed his hair, ruffling it straight after. 
He looked at me with those gigantic baby eyes he has. I had the sudden urge to just forget about practicing and staying back here, but I knew I couldn't. "BYE GUYS!!" Everyone shouted the byes as I entered the car with Hyukjae as the five of us drove back to Seoul. 
____________________
I CAN BE YOUR HERO~

So anyway, I know that you have to take train to Mokpo from Seoul, but I couldn't be stuffed writing it XD AND OHMAIGOSH THE LEE BROTHERSSSS


COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! <3 
-superELFjunior AKA Nana