Chapter 78

My Musical Boundary

Narrator's POV

Donghae cleared his voice as he practiced his part in 'Cooking? Cooking!'. He was in the waiting room by himself considering the fact that he was early by half an hour.  It wasn't like he wanted to be early, it was because Donghwa dropped him off here complaining that it'll take an hour to get there. So now he was in the midst of briefly practicing the song.
"Get away from me!" A shout along with a light slap was heard from where Donghae was standing, making him freeze in his spot.
"You don't know me! Stop acting like you do!"
 
"I'm your father!" 
 
"You are not my father!" 
Donghae blinked and curiously yet carefully walked over to the door and peaked outside a bit. His eyes landed on two figures, one being a girl and an older man, which happened to be her 'father' from his hearings.
The pair continued to fight. Not being able to take this anymore, Donghae stepped up.
 
"Hi, um, sorry to interrupt, but what's going on here? You're both shouting your heads off out here." Donghae carefully said his words after awkwardly coming out from the room.
 
The girl glanced towards her 'father' and shook her head slightly. "Nothing. Just get this annoying guy away from me." She muttered.
 
"That is no way to speak to your father!"
 
"I told you, you are NOT my FATHER!" She screamed.
 
"WOAH WOAH! OKAY! No need to scream. Sir I think you should leave her alone for a while." Donghae calmed the female.
 
"Why should I? Who are you?" The older out of the three questioned with a frown.
 
"Donghae! Lee Donghae!" Their heads turned to the right, only to see three other men approach them. They being Hyukjae, Mingming and Junhui. "What's happening?
 
"There's more of you?!" The elder flailed his arms.
 
"You guys are Super Junior..." The female gasped. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry." She bowed immediately. 
They all nodded awkwardly.
 
"So um..." Hyukjae started.
 
"Oh right, sir, um, if you could let her be alone for awhile? Just so she can feel comfortable." Donghae picked his words carefully. 
The elder man looked towards his daughter with a worried expression. She, however, ignored him and turned away while crossing her arms. He let out a sigh.
 
"Fine." He muttered. "But if anything happens to her..."
 
"Rest assured sir, we won't do anything, we're all interested in men here." Hyukjae boldly told the father. Donghae slapped his hand against his forehead as Mingming let out a sigh along with Junhui. The father looked at them strangely before walking off hesitantly. They turned back to the female who stared back at them. Donghae blinked a few times before smiling.
 
"Excuse my manners, I'm Lee Donghae, and you are...?"
 
"Jung Minji." She nodded. Hyukjae was about to open his mouth, but Minji interrupted him. "And you're Lee Hyukjae, Mingming and Junhui." She finished for all of them. 
 
"Yeah...how'd you-"
 
She broke Hyukjae off from finishing his sentence again. "I obviously watch this program, why else would I be here?"
Taken aback by her attitude, Hyukjae kept quiet and decided to just show a smile. Seeing this, Donghae intertwined his hand with Hyukjaes. 
 
"Well anyway, since we got your father away from you, we'll be going now. Good day." Hyukjae smiled as he walked back to the waiting room, dragging Donghae along with him as the Chinese-Line couple followed along.
After Junhui closed the door, Hyukjae let out a heavy sigh.
"That girls freaking attitude..." He muttered. He felt Donghaes fingers caress the top of his hand soothingly.
 
"She just had a fight with her father." The latter smiled, "now we should practice."
The four practiced their performance since the broadcast was starting in half an hour or so. They had already gotten their makeup done again separate studio so that the waiting room was empty for them to practice. 
 
"Donghae!" Someone shrieked as the door blasted open. Donghae winced and pitied the poor door. "Who is she, and what is she doing here?!" Heechul hissed and pointed his finger at Minji. 
Donghae frowned when he saw Minji roll here eyes.
 
"That's Minji...and she's here to watch the performance..." Donghae mumbled.
 
"Oh so she's an audience member? Then what is she doing here back stage?!" 
Donghae winced when Heechul raised his voice. He was pissed. Very pissed. Minji must have done something to the elder if he was reacting like this. 
 
"She had special permission. I'll take her back, hyung." Donghae walked over to Minji. "You guys practice without me, I'll be back soon anyway." 
When he faced her, he showed a frown as they walked off down the corridor. Hyukjae sighed.
 
"Bloody hell she appears out of no where, makes hyung pissed, interrupts our practice and then takes Hae away from me." Hyukjae clicked his tongue.
"I hate her." Hyukjae and Heechul said, synchronising with each other.
Junhui and Mingming stared at their hyungs worriedly as they somehow saw dark aura surround them. 

The walk was silent. So silent that it was uncomfortable for Donghae who tried to strike a conversation, but failed when Minji would always reply with short answers. Coughing silently to himself, he stopped in front of the curtains, causing Minji to stop as well.

"This is all I can go up to...so...bye." Donghae smiled and waved despite the awkward situation he was in before. 
Minji nodded as she went out. Donghae's expression froze as he let out a sigh and put his hand down. Hyukjae was right, this girl really did have an attitude. Donghae turned around and proceeded to walk back to the waiting room to continue his practice. 
When he opened the door, he was met with the sight of Hyukjae telling Mingming that he was allowed to lip sync on stage.
Donghae stood next to Junhui.
 
"Hyung." 
Donghae looked up to meet Junhui staring down to his hyung. Yes, Junhui was taller despite their age difference. Donghae tilted his head up with a pouting, urging the younger to continue. 
"Minji's father..." He started slowly, "well...when I went to get a can of coke...he saw me and well..." He stopped.
 
"Yah, what did he say?" Donghae nudged Junhui with his elbow.
 
"He said that he wanted us, or more likely you, to take care of her because he's going to Europe..." Junhui quickly answered. 
Donghae blinked and let out an inaudible laugh. Junhui stared at Donghae with a confused expression.
 
"Sorry, I thought you said we had to take care of her because her dad's going to Europe." He chuckled.
 
Junhui looked around awkwardly before telling Donghae, "Um...hyung...that's what I said." 
Donghae stopped laughing and stared at Junhui with a serious expression.
 
"You're lying..."
 
"Afraid not hyung..." 
Silence filled the air around the two. Hating the awkward silence, Junhui silently yet in a fast matter, escaped from being beside Donghae.
 
"Super Junior?! Be on standby! You're in line for third!" They nodded and quickly went over the song again.
Suddenly out of no where, a cameraman barged into the room, catching all four members by surprise. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." They bowed in confusion.
 
"Super Junior!" A voice boomed. Ironically, Boom appeared through the door. "I hope we aren't interrupting you." 
 
"Um...well...you guys did barge into the room out of nowhere..." Hyukjae carefully chose his words.
Boom laughed as he turned to the camera and said a few things. Donghae quickly explained to the Chinese members that occasionally Boom would do that regardless of what program he was on.
Boom started to question them and asked the Chinese Line to introduce themselves in Chinese. Just as the last word slipped from Mingming's tongue, they were told that they were going on stage in a minute. Before they could leave, Boom quickly gathered them in for a quick cheer.
 
"Super Junior hwaiting!"    
They headed out to the stage as the PD quickly told them what would happen and how they may respond to the judges questions. Suddenly they were pushed up onto stage. The four greeted the audience before going into position with Mingming and Junhui slightly in the back whilst Donghae and Eunhyuk were in front, all in the position as if they were cooking. 
 


[SHINDONG] Uga uga! Uga uga!
 
[MINGMING] My girlfriend ([SHINDONG] is too pretty) My girlfriend
 ([EUNHYUK] her heart is prettier)
But she also has only one weak point – she’s a more incapable cook than me
 
[EUNHYUK] Can’t cook rice either Can’t cook soup either
 
[SHINDONG] This and that She can’t cook anything!
 
[EUNHYUK] She can’t even boil ramyun’s water
 
[SHINDONG] She can’t tell between soy sauce and cola
 
[EUNHYUK] I like you a lot but…
 
[SHINDONG] I love you a lot but…
 
[EUNHYUK] If it is really like this
 
[SHINDONG] Marriage is just…
 
[JUNHUI] For some reason someday you invited me to dinner
You called me over at your house, I was looking forward to it
 
[DONGHAE] I starved and starved and starved again 
while anticipating the delicious dinner you’ll give me
And imagining your delicious dinner I took a spoonful 
 
([EUNHYUK] Can it be this tasteless?!*)
 
[JUNHUI] Can it be this tasteless? What on earth did you put in it? ([DONGHAE] Ew it’s too tasteless)
I could cook better than this with my eyes closed
 
[JUNHUI] How could you ask me about the taste? ([EUNHYUK] Whaaat!)
What am I to say anything but… ([MINGMING] Ooh, ooh it’s deliciousss)
I told her it’s really tasty, she smiles as she gives me another serving… please save me
 
[EUNHYUK] I haven’t got in touch with her for a few days
 
[SHINDONG] And her friend didn’t tell me news about her
 
[HYUK+DONG] She’s been going to English ([DONGHAE] I’m full) Japanese ([SHINDONG] Anou) Chinese ([MINGMING] Lai Lai~) lessons and has no time!
 
[DONGHAE] Then she suddenly got in contact with me
she invited me for dinner once more
 
[MINGMING] I told her I’m alright I’m full 
but I run to her hopefully with those feelings
 
[JUNHUI] Can it be this delicious? ([EUNHYUK] Can it be this delicious?) Has a person made this? ([MINGMING] Oooh it’s delicious!)
 
[JUNHUI] But I haven’t heard of such taste, not even in rumours
 
[MINGMING] So she asks me about the taste ([JUNHUI] It’s good! It’s good! It’s tooo goood!) 
As I shed a tear I told you ([DONGHAE] I’m going crazy!)
 
[MINGMING] It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head that I have such delicious cooking
 
[JUNHUI] And I realize that for me…
 
[MINGMING] She’s been to cooking school
([ALL] Oooh it’s delicious!) Little did I know about that
 
[JUNHUI] Can it be so tasteless— ([SHINDONG] It’s not!)
 
[EUNHYUK] Can it be this delicious? 
 
([SHINDONG] That’s right!) Has a person made this? 
 
([MINGMING] Hey honey!)
 
[MINGMING] But I haven’t heard of such taste, not even in rumours
 
 ([DONGHAE] Oh no, it’s delicious!!)
 
 ([JUNHUI] It’s too good! It’s too good!)
 
[JUNHUI] So she asks me about the taste
 
 ([DONGHAE] the best!!!!!) And as I shed a tear I told her
 
[DONGHAE] It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head
 that I have such delicious cooking
 
([SHINDONG] Hahahaha!) 
 
([JUNHUI] Aah it’s delicious!) 
 
([DONGHAE] Eheheh)
 
 ([EUNHYUK] I want more~)
 
Donghae's POV
I smiled after we went off stage.
"Good job everyone!" I high-fived the other three, giving Hyukjae a hug because...well...he's special. 
 
"Man I swear if it weren't for the fact that our theme was food, we could've done better." Hyukjae clicked his tongue.
We all nodded in agreement.
 
"HYUNG!" I whipped my head around and smiled when I saw Yongjae along with the other kids of Superior...and Donghyun hyung of course. "Great job up there!"
 
"Thanks. You guys are up next right? Better do well, otherwise I'll punish you...besides Donghyun hyung." I immediately added in when Donghyun hyung gave me his intimidating  raised eyebrow look which changed to a calm happy expression. 
 
"We'll rock the stage."
 
"We've done it once."
 
"And we're gonna do it again."
 
"Just you wait, Hae. We're gonna catch up to you." Donghyun smirked.
I looked at all of them with a shocked expression.
 
"Alright guys, this ain't funny. You never told me you guys were all related! I mean...who finishes each others sentences like that?!" I flailed my arms with a frown. Everyone laughed at my reaction before Superior had to get up onto stage. We, Super Junior, gave them a cheer-on as they went onto stage before we went back to our waiting room.
 
"Mingming baichi~ Mingming baka~ Mingming pab- GAH!" Junhui stopped throwing his childish insults at Mingming when he opened our waiting room door and jumped into Mingming's arms. 
The three of us curiously leaned in to see what scared Junhui and could only show mixed emotions when we saw Minji playing a game on her DS while sitting on the couch. 
 
"Minji?" I voiced out,"what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be-"
 
"He told you right?" She cut me off from my sentence. "He told you that I'm in your care right?"
 
"No he didn't-"
 
"Yes he did, but that doesn't mean that you can just freely come into our waiting room like that. How'd you even get here? The security should have caught you!" I frowned after cutting off Hyukjae.
 
"Wait what? When was this-"
 
"I have my ways and so I'm here now." She answered me without looking up.
 
I could only sigh. "Fine whatever, your dad left you here and so now it's my responsibility to look after you. How old are you anyway?"
 
"15."
 
"What." 
All four of chorused. She finally lifted her head up from her gaming device.
 
"What?"
 
"I'm 6 years older than you?" I muttered.
 
"She's only younger than us by five years." Junhui slung his arm around Mingming as they started to converse to each other in Chinese. Damn that China Line.
 
"Well then guess what? She's younger than me by eight years!" Hyukjae frowned. "That makes me sound so old.." He muttered straight after.
Minji shrugged and placed her DS in her bag. 
 
"Wait." Hyukjae called out again. "Someone explain to me what's going on." 
 
"Her father told me that he was going to Europe and so he told me that we had to look after her...but...the thing is I can't look after her and neither can Junhui because we live in an all boys dorm with straight boys so..." Mingming mumbled. 
 
"...so you're saying that Donghae and I have to look after her? Really?" Hyukjae frowned.
I sighed as I glanced over to Minji who pulled out her iPod and plugged her earphones in. 

After a long time, 30-40 minutes or so, we were all invited back onto stage. 

"Welcome! Welcome! Now it's time to reveal those went through and those who, sadly, did not make it." Heechul's voice boomed through the stadium as people applauded. 
 
"Just like before, we'll name the top ten who got in, while those who are below are on the sheet of paper in the hallway." Yunho smiled.
 
"Please do remember that any of those that are numbered under 20 are unfortunately not going through the next round." Taehwan added.
 
"Netizens can also view this sheet on our web page at www.idekwhatwebs.com.kr. Make sure to leave a comment on our fan board." Heechul nodded as his hands outlined an invisible box which will be edited so that people who are watching at home could see the website and quickly write/type it down. 
 
"Alright, so now we'll name our top ten, Yunho ssi?" Taehwan whipped his head over to Yunho, causing tiny laughter.
 
"Neh neh, Taehwan ssi." Yunho chuckled. "Starting at number ten, we have Tiny G!" 
My head perked up. Damn I forgot to watch their performance.
The list went on. Superior was placed in 5th however our name was yet to be called out. Heechul glanced over Taehwan's shoulder to see the list before he gaped his mouth open and shot a quick look at me. 
 
"First place goes to Seventeen! Chukahaminda!" Taehwan exclaimed. 
My shoulders slumped. That means that we're probably somewhere in the 'teens', or we could be after 20, which scares me the most. I looked around to see what everyone was doing and frowned when I saw Mingming and Junhui dancing around with Seventeen. I shrugged it off since they looked like they were friends that were celebrating a win. 
Seventeens song started to play as the encore stage started, meaning that the rest of the groups had to get off stage. 
As we got off, everyone rushed over to see the board, including me. 
 
"Excuse me! Sorry! Squeezing through!" I shouted over the top of everyone as I popped up in front of the board, scanning through the list to find our name.
When I finally spotted our name, I sighed.
____
Me: Oh hi there, didn't see you there. It's been awhile hasn't it? Almost a month right? How have you been? :D


You guys:


Me:


Alright anyway.
Hi guys~ It really has been a long long long long time. From my calculations 29 days :D I'm not gonna pull the 'Oh I was so busy and school is stressing me' tactic. I'll be honest. I was lazy -killed- I don't even know why d___o but fear not, I was being taken care of in the hands of Seventeen.

Aren't they such darlings? XD 
No but seriously. Seventeen is ruining my life. I swear everyday I wake up and decide to youtube, I'm always watching a seventeen vid d___o well I guess it's because they're around my age and that's probably why I'm so attracted to them but...yeah.
OH! 
OMFG.
RIGHT.
HAPPY (VERYBELATED) FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO MY MUSICAL BOUNDARY :D I told myself that I'd update on the actual date...but...yeah, laziness chipped in again OTL
Happy birthday to Kibummie, coughmecough and Yesung~~ <3 My SJ boys ;u; 
Well I guess that's all...so...cya guys~ until next time~ :"3
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THIS GOD DAMN CUTE FREAKING 18 YEAR OLD SEVENTEEN MEMBER <3

Comment and Subscribes pleaseu~ :3 (PS. THANK YOU FOR THE SUBS THAT I RECEIVED RECENTLY AND IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN CENTURIES ;;)
-superELFjunior AKA Nana