Adoption

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was late when Soojin arrived home. She spent a long day at Jelly Entertainment, working on a new choreography with their latest group. It has been a few years since (G)-idle disbanded and she opened the company with Soyeon as her partner. It was a rough start, but they managed to get a spot in industry just fine.

 

- Shuhua? 

 

She called into the apartment as she took off her shoes in the hallway.

 

- I'm here.

 

Soojin followed the voice and finds Shuhua in the game room, Haku Mata fast asleep on the couch. Soojin embraced her wife from behind and kissed her cheek.

 

- How was work?

 

- Okay. How was lunch with Miyeon?

 

It was great, Jongsu is getting so big, they are planning a trip to see Minnie's parents.

 

- Really? It will be good for them. Miyeon's last tour was too long. Now take a break and have dinner with me, I got us something from that taiwanese place you like.

 

They settled on the sofa with their food, not even bothering with plates and eating the food straight from the boxes.

 

- I... I want a kid.

 

Soojin just looked at Shuhua, unable to hide her shocked expression as Shuhua continued..

 

- We're married, we work together in our company, we are financially stable.

 

- You're serious?

 

Shuhua nodded shyly.

 

Soojin smiled, putting the spoonful of vegetables she was about to stuff with back into the box, staring at Shuhua.

 

- I want to adopt, is that ok? 

 

- For me its fine, it could be a long process, but we have all the love to give.

 

Shuhua bent forward and her lips meet her wife's.

 

- We will have a child...

 

She chirped as Soojin smiled as she always did when she was happy but didn't know exactly how to express it.

 

 

------/------

 

 

The next months were hard. They spent hours filling out formularies, meeting people from adopting agencies and visiting orphanages. Shuhua knew it takes double the time for same- couples to manage to adopt a child, so when their social worker, Misuk's, popped up on her phone, she don't think too much and and answered the call right away.

 

- Hey, Shuhua, so... we have a five years old girl down here, her parental rights were terminated. Are you interested?

 

- Shuhua could feel the tears welling up.

 

- Yes. Yes, of course. Let me tell Soojin, ok?

 

Shuhua hung up and ran to Soojin's studio on the other side of the building, surprising her when she appeared there without warning.

 

- Hey, baby.... is everything ok?

 

- Misuk called.

 

She said as she nodded with crescent energy. Soojin got up from her chair and circled the desk to get closer to Shuhua.

 

- And?

 

- There's a little girl at the center... she wants us to meet her.

 

- Are you serious!? Oh my God! This is some good news, babe.

 

Shuhua just hugged Soojin, both crying on each other's arms.

 

- Can we go see her?

 

They told their friends they were leaving early, Soyeon wishing them good luck, and went to the pedagogical center. When they arrived the place Soojin noticed how Shuhua was nervous so she turn off the car's engine and reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter