Single mom

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There's nothing scarier for a mother than a phone call from a hospital, or worse, 3 missed phone calls that reminded Soojin that she was alone raising a little boy. Her ex left the both of them, claiming he couldn't do it anymore and since then she devoted all of her time to Hyeon working extra shifts to raise him alone.

 

It has been an hour since Hyeon fell at the soccer match. Before his coach could talk to Soojin, she had to find someone who could take her shift to go to the hospital, and when she arrived she hurried inside and ended up bumping in someone.

 

- I'm so so sorry! Are you okay?

 

- Are you here to see someone? Or are you hurt?

 

- My son, he fell over at a soccer practice and his coach called me. He broken his arm.

 

Soojin was almost panic, the doctor smiled at her.

 

- So you're Hyeon's mom! I'm his doctor and he's ready to go.

 

The doctor took Soojin to see Hyeon. The boy was sitting on the bed, talking with his coach. When he saw his mom he opened a huge grin and ran over her, Soojin tried to not cry. He was safe but she still had that lingering feeling of fear.

 

- Are you in pain, Hyeon? Did the doctor took good care of you?

 

- Doctor Shu is so cool, mom! Did you know she used to play soccer too? And she took a lot of pictures of my arm and showed me where the break was and put the cast, see this draws? She made a draw of her puppies, she has two puppies, mom, Haku and Mata…

 

- Thank you, doctor…?

 

- Yeh Shuhua, and it wasn’t a problem, Hyeon was the best patient of the day! Now, buddy, you'll take this off in about one month. I'll need to take a look at it first.

 

- Ok.

 

He nodded at the doctor enthusiastically.

 

The coach promised Hyeon some drinks and they went to the lobby, Shuhua wrote something in a card and handed it to Soojin.

 

- Just in case. Let me know how he feels ok?

 

Shuhua smiled at her and Soojin couldn’t be more shy. She went to find her son and took him home, the image of the pretty doctor still on her thoughts. A few days later, when Hyeon was finally in bed, Soojin took the doctor's card in her hands again "It wouldn’t hurt to update her, right?" And she did. She texted the doctor, that replied her a few minutes later and after that they started to exchange messages, funny memes, pictures of Hyeon, and Haku Mata, Shuhua's dog. Soojin actually found it easier to talk to Shuhua, it was something she even missed when the doctor had an operation and didn't reply her right away.


 

----- / ----


 

It was finally the time to take the cast from Hyeon's arm. Soojin was excited to see her son free of cast and to see Shuhua in person, both were busy and never had a chance to meet in person since their friendship started. Soojin and Hyeon arrived in the hospital and the receptionist took them to Shuhua's office.

 

- Come in.

 

Shuhua opened a huge smile when she saw Soojin and Hyeon. In a short amount of time both of them started to be part of her life, she was a lonely person until she meet Soojin and now she couldn’t spend a day without texting her. Both women greeted each other with a hug and Shuhua started to talk with Hyeon about soccer, Soojin was enchanted to see her son bonding with someone so easily.

 

- Hyeon, buddy, you're officially free from the cast. Your arm looks grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter