Warm - part 2

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shuhua and Soojin started dating and it happened so naturally it felt like they had always been together. A month after their first dinner together both were already sure they wanted more. They didn't officialized things, it was too soon, but they were always going out to dinner or walk in the park so putting a label on what they had was irrelevant. Soojin could barely remember the time when Shuhua wasn't part of her life and finding someone happier than Shuhua was a hard task. Of course, their friends and colleagues at work had different opinions, but Soojin always knew how to deal with them.

 

- So, you're her girlfriend now? How is it, to date a vampire?

 

Soojin rolled her eyes at Miyeon and Yuqi. They were on the road.

 

- Great. She takes me to watch when she someone's blood in a dark alley and I help her with sharpening her fangs.

 

Yuqi, with her eyes on the road, shook her head.

 

- Have you ever asked yourself why she never accepts working with chargers? She has superhuman strength so she carries all that stuff alone.

 

- That's it. You're out of your mind... Shuhua is not a vampire, she's nice and normal.

 

- You're intoxicated by her charms, that's what you're supposed to feel. She makes you fall in love then…

 

- I can't believe you. This theory is pathetic and you'll end up hurting her, she did nothing against any of you.

 

- But...

 

- What I'm saying is that she's a great person and I like her. She's not a vampire… she...

 

Soojin's cheeks blushed slightly. She remembered the times Shuhua kissed her.

 

- ... she's not cold.

 

Apparently convinced by that information, Miyeon and Yuqi didn't mention their theory anymore, at least not to Soojin. They even tried to stop acting like Shuhua was a monster around her and it ended up they really liked the younger woman. Soojin was right, they just needed to give her one chance. She was always kind and cheerful with everyone, and she had a kind of adoration towards Soojin they found cute.

 

- What happened to them!?

 

Shuhua asked to a beaming Soojin while she entwined her hands on her arm. They just finished having lunch with Miyeon and Yuqi. They were walking a little further in front of them. They had a great time together, chatting and having fun and Shuhua couldn't just believe it.

 

- I told you they're cool and that they would fall for you sooner or later.

 

- Like you did?

 

Shuhua said provokingly, earning a playful punch on her shoulder from a flushed Soojin.

 

- You're never gonna forget I said that, are you?

 

- Never.

 

Shuhua whispered, looking at Soojin's eyes seductively.

 

- Ok…

 

- But it's just because I had fallen for you long, long before. It was like a dream coming true, Jin.

 

Soojin stopped on her track and Shuhua was already a step away. She turned to look at Soojin and when their eyes met they had a moment. Soojin felt the urge to hug Shuhua and not let her go. Shuhua seemed to read her thoughts and tried to tell, with her eyes, she was there for everything she needed her to.

 

- You wanna go to my house today? We can have dinner there.

 

That was new. They had never been on each other's houses. Shuhua smiled and nodded to Soojin's invitation, taking her hand as they started walking again. The idea of spending more time with the older woman at her house made her day.

 

- I'd love to.

 

Smiling from ear to ear, they retook their walk back to work.


 

At the end of that day, Shuhua waited for Soojin as she got ready to go. They walked together to the bus stop, talking about mild things and planning what they would do on the next weekend. Shuhua said she wanted to go watch a movie and Soojin loved the idea since she saw the trailer and got excited to watch it too.

 

They spent the bus travel to Soojin's house practically in silence, hand in hand, Shuhua admiring the scenery; that small town always enchanted her with those pine trees and small houses. Sometimes she was distracted by something that she had never been before, but from time to time she turned to look at Soojin, who blushed every time one of those stares lingered on her a little longer. Soojin still hadn't gotten used to the fact that she was going out with such a beautiful and amazing woman like Shuhua. It was almost like an announced tragedy. It just couldn't be that perfect. Brushing these thoughts away for that moment Soojin guided an excited Shuhua on the way to her house. She lived on the ground floor of a three-story townhouse, a beautiful building with a small lawn in the front.

 

While Soojin searched for her keys on her purse, Shuhua heard noises coming from inside the house. Like little paws scratching the door and barking, lots of barking. She looked at Soojin and she confirmed it, with a wide smile on her face.

 

- My babies, Haku and Mata. They can never wait until I open the door.

 

Soojin said, not realizing that Shuhua didn't look surprised  at the information she had dogs. It was like she already knew about it for a long time. As the door opened, two furry figures, a black one and a brown one, jumped up not on Soojin, but on Shuhua, wagging their tails and barking excitedly, practically ignoring the existence of their owner.

 

- Look, they liked you! 

 

Soojin said innocently as she closed the door and Shuhua tried to enter the hall, dragging the two dogs that were practically hanging on her legs like they were meeting again after years without seeing each other.

 

- So… this is your house.

 

Shuhua said, admiring each detail of Soojin's hall and small living room. She loved the lively colors, the small sofa for two in front of a TV and the way everything seemed like a part of Soojin, cute, simple and interesting.

 

- Yeah, you liked it?

 

- Loved it.

 

Shuhua said as she kneeled to the excited puppies' heads, her eyes fixed on them. Soojin looked at the scene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter