Seo Hyunki

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo Hyunki is a man of few words, when his eldest daughter informed him and his wife that she wanted to be an idol he was apprehensive, he had always thought Soojin would follow in his footsteps and become a taekwondo instructor, he worried a lot because Soojin was a shy girl, how could she do well in such a competitive world? But he and his wife supported her in all her decisions, cheered her a lot and cried together when her first group didn't work out, he asked her to reconsider the career she had chosen but Soojin was determined to achieve her dreams, she entered a new company and Hyunki saw how his girl grew up during training.

One of the most pleasant surprises of Soojin´s new company was a small Taiwanese girl who followed his daughter wherever she went, she barely knew how to speak Korean and the first time Soojin brought her home she looked like a shy kid, despite the language barrier he and his wife were enchanted by the girl, when they left his wife commented how much Shuhua's parents probably missed her and worry about her being so young and alone in an unknown country, Hyunki's heart sank, he couldn't imagine being far from any of his daughters, that day the Seos decided that they would welcome Shuhua as one of their daughters

The girls trained every day and Soojin hardly visited them, Sunhee always called her and kept him updated, when Soojin finally had a break and could return home Sunhee insisted that she bring Shuhua along, the idea of the girl spending the holiday alone squeezed her heart.Time passed and Hyunki saw his daughter bloom becoming a wonderful dancer and a fascinating singer, they argued a few times because of the tattoos she insisted on getting on her body but in the end she always convinced him that she would look beautiful, another thing that became more constant was the presence of Shuhua at his home or at family parties, that embarrassed girl who barely knew how to communicate gave way to a loud and lively Shuhua, she called him and his wife father and mother and it always brought a smile to his face, he even found it strange when Soojin appeared at home without Shuhua and her two little puppies, they had finally debuted and Hyunki proudly showed his friends the songs of his girls.

 

With Soyoung at university and Soojin doing shows around the country they hardly saw their daughters, when Soojin announced that she would have a holiday break Sunhee suggested that they go camping with them, Hyunki then called Soojin to tell her about the camp and ask Shuhua to come with the puppies, he would never admit to anyone but he missed them both as much as his girls. The holiday arrived and the Seo family went to camp, the three girls singing in the back seat while Hyunki drove, when they arrived at the place they pitched the tents, Soojin and her mother tidied up their food while Shuhua and Soyoung ran the puppies across the lawn, Hyunki watched them while sitting on a bench, especially Soojin, he was just an old instructor but he had been young once and he could see that his daughter was different; there was a gleam in her eyes that didn't exist before, his little girl was in love, she had dated before but he could feel that this time was different, the way Soojin’s eyes linger on Shuhua, watching her playing with the puppies, the soft lingering looks during the car ride, the soft touches they shared whenever possible when they thought no one was paying attention, the way Shuhua's eyes shone fascinated by anything Soojin did and how protective she was of Soojin, facing the haters in the vlives and calming his daughter every time they went to events, there was no denying that there was something else there, they were always close but something in their dynamics had changed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter