Exo Xiumin

Our deer, Yoona

Overdue Confession

 

“Was it a coincidence?”

Her mind lingers around the thought of running into the man she did not expect to see in front of her. Underneath that mask on his face, Yoona can tell that the man in front of her is smiling full of warmth. She was startled by him calling out to her nickname, something he did not do before this.

“Yoong…”

He called her out again. This time, his voice sounds softer and warmer. Does it make sense? No. It was all in her mind.

“Min…Seok-ah, what are you doing here?”

Xiumin’s eyes widen and smile brightly underneath his mask. Yoona’s can feel her heartbeat quicken.

“You can recognize me?” He said with a burst of amused laughter.

Yoona chuckles slightly, before telling him.

“Welcome back, Minseok-ah. Sorry I was not there during your welcome back party which Jongin held for you. I was a bit busy.”

Yoona feels very nervous of running into this man. His smile is heartwarming, she thought.

“It’s okay. Wanna eat something?”

Yoona’s eyes widen at his invitation. He was not really someone who would do this to her. Sure, they are close, but he used to be shyer and more reserved.

“Is that a no? But, I really wanna talk with you.”

Yoona froze. What’s with that puppy eyes? Man, you are my age, and yet, this works on me.

“N-no… Um, sounds good. Where?”

Xiumin’s eyes glitter brighter, as he answers her excitedly.

“My place!”

Yoona’s eyes widen, but before she can react further, she was already being pulled by Xiumin.

 

 

“Umm… Sorry for the intrusion.”

Yoona’s eyes scanned around the house. Simple, neat and organized. Just like him. She smiled without noticing Xiumin staring at her since they entered his house.

“Can I help you cook?”

Yoona offers some help, Xiumin just smiles and accept his offer.

“Ah, please wear this apron. They got it for me.”

Yoona look at the apron Xiumin holds in front of her. A pink coloured apron with a cat named pusheen print on it.

“This is cute. Oh, it matches yours.”

Before she can react, Xiumin ended up helping Yoona to put on the apron.

“Yeah, the kids buy it for me in case my girlfriend come by and help me cook.”

“G-girlfriend?”

Xiumin and Yoona both froze in their spot. Xiumin was about to tie the apron from her back. Due to their lack of difference in their height, Yoona can feel Xiumin’s breath on her neck. Her eyes redden even more.

Get a grip, Yoona, you act, gurl. You should not be affected by this. She thought, trying to calm her down.

“Yeah, girlfriend. You.”

Yoona’s eyes widen in disbelief. Xiumin’s words ringing in her ears. Me? His girlfriend?

Xiumin ties the apron properly and turns Yoona around facing him.

“I still have not heard the answer to my confession, though.”

Xiumin pushes away the hair covering Yoona’s face behind her ears. He stares at her eyes, trying to read her emotion and inner thought

“Yoona… I was serious last time.”

“I… thought that was a joke, Minseok… You said it so suddenly the night you left.”

Xiumin smile warmly again, this time he takes both of her hands into his and kiss them gently.

“I’m serious, Yoona. I want to date you with the intention of marrying you.”

Yoona’s face redden. She did not expect this to happen. It was supposed to be a normal day, practising her dance at the company without running into anyone else.

“Minseok… You want to marry me?”

Xiumin smile again at her. Caressing her cheek, while his other hand holding hers, he stares into her eyes.

“It would make me the happiest man in the world if I can marry you, Yoona. I’m in love with you, Yoona. I want to be the one making you happy if you are willing to let me to…”

Yoona stares right into his eyes, looking for certainty. She can feel his sincere intentions through his gaze and warm smile.

“Am I allowed to be this happy, with you by my side, Minseok?”

Xiumin nodded.

“You deserve to be happy, Yoona. With and without me by your side.” Xiumin smile again, he want her to make a decision for herself.

Yoona’s can feel emotions all over the place within her. She smiles warmly to Xiumin and wrap her arms around him.

“Let’s be happy together, Minseok. Let’s get married.”

“Can I kiss you?”

Xiumin’s question made her smile. Yonna nodded. Xiumin kisses her forehead and noticed Yoona’s dissatisfied pout.

“I thought you’re kissing me.”

“Well, yeah. Your forehead.”

 

“WHAT? HYUNG WHY YOU DIDN’T JUST KISS HER, MAN!”

The two lovebirds stare at the source of the voice in disbelief.

“Baekhyun, what are you doing here?”

Yoona asks while Xiumin glares at his group members appearing behind Baekhyun.

“Well, umm… Someone asked me to coach him on how to confess. Wasn’t thinking he’s going to be this smooth… ONLY TO KISS YOU ON THE FOREHEAD.” Baekhyun gruntled in dissatisfaction.

“Hyung, you really got a long way to go,” Jongin smirks and shake his head.

“Well, at least he managed to confess.” Sehun put his hand on Jongin’s shoulder.

“But wow. You two are getting married. BEFORE ME!” Kyuhyun appears out of nowhere pouting.

 

Xiumin and Yoona ignore the chaos caused by their labelmates.

The two of them got to indulge in their own world and continues to embrace one another.

“Let’s make each other happy, now, always and forever, Mrs Kim,” XIumin whispers to Yoona while embracing her.

 

“WOW WOW. THEY TOTALLY IGNORE US, MAN.” Baekhyun shouted.

“So, where’s the food that Hyung gonna cook?” Sehun asks.

“I don’t think we are getting any food now. Let’s leave. We are bothering them” Jongin pull s away.

“YOU GUYS OWE ME GOOD FOOD AND DRINKS ON YOUR WEDDING DAY, OKAY” Kyuhyun shouted while getting dragged by Jongin.

 

 

Author’s Note: I was visiting this website for a long time. Suddenly this popped up in my head after listening to Spotify. Hehehe. Hope you like it. Maybe I’ll start writing again <3

 

Thank you for all the support I’ve received throughout the time I’ve written on this site. I hope you guys will always be happy <3