[R] Lu Han

Our deer, Yoona

The Greatest Thing

requested by -ohmydeerhan 

 

“Yoona, no matter what happen after this, all I ask from you is to believe in me. Will you do that for me?”

He never look this worried whether it’s about him, her or their relationship. Is something going to happen soon? Is it a bad thing? Yoona do not know what to think anymore, so she nods at his request.

“What is it, Luhan? Why are you like this…”

His gaze soften the moment his eyes meet hers—he feel calmer and determined. He decides to proceed with this even though he never told her anything. He knew it’s going to hurt her and their relationship later on. He cannot blame her if she want to leave him after the thing got out in the public. But, he got to do what he got to do.

“It’s nothing important. Yoona…”

He gently wrapped her in his arms. He never feel this blessed—she’s like the greatest thing created for him. There’s nothing else he can ask besides having her by his side. Every single time he embraces her, he feels calmer and comfortable. He can feel the love coming from her when she hugs him back—no other words needed. The three words is not needed for her to be said. He knows she loves him as much as he loves him—if not, maybe more.

“Luhan… Can we stay like this longer?” Yoona feels weird at his unexpected behaviour today, but she knows it is not the right time for her to ask. He knows better. She decides to keep all the questions in her mind only and requested for the hug to be longer.

“Yeah, let’s stay like this for now…” He breaks away a little bit from Yoona and stares at her with the gentlest gaze he ever gave her.

“I love you… Please keep on believing in me…” Luhan gently kisses Yoona’s beautiful forehead, obviously surprising her with his action. Luhan is not the type to do things like this. But, tonight, he did everything he hardly ever done to her since the beginning of their relationship. He is not the type to say that he loves her.

“I love you too… Hmm… What do you mean?.” Yoona suddenly feels weird by Luhan’s action. However, she feels like it might be just her own silly thoughts. So, she hugs him and enjoy that comfortable time together with Luhan before she knows what Luhan meant by asking to believe in him.

“Joonmyeon… The news—have you—seen it?”

Suho stares blankly at the corner of the room, wanting to avoid Yoona’s question regarding the breaking news that breaks everyone’s heart apart today.

“Is he really leaving? Hey, is Luhan really leaving us?”

Her lips tremble as she tries to fight back her tears. She knows her tears will come out any moment, but it’s not the time for her to care for such thing. All she want to know right now is the truth—is Luhan truly leaving her and everyone else?

“Yoona… I hate to lie to you and you know that. He’s leaving, Yoona. He’s going to be on the other side and I—we can do nothing about it.” Suho can understand how Yoona feel right now. She must have feel betrayed by Luhan’s unexpected action…just like him. He feel slightly betrayed, but he somehow had expected this to happen because of Kris’s incident.

“Why he did not tell me about this? Did you know?” Yoona finally give in to her own emotion. Her tears fall the moment she feel slightly betrayed by the fact Luhan told her nothing about him leaving. Perhaps, Suho knows something or so she hopes for him to know something. She just want some answer.

“I don’t… Honestly, I don’t know anything Yoona. It’s just like Kris’s case all over again. But, I’m sure that Luhan must have reasons why he did this. Just like Kris.” Suho gently pat Yoona’s back.

“He told me… nothing…. Nothing at all…” Yoona cries hard as Suho pull her into a warm embrace, calming her down.

“Hush—Yoong, I’m here. Let’s just believe in him.”

“He did told me to believe in him. But, he only told me to believe in him, what I am supposed to believe in when he told me nothing about it.” Yoona continues to cry on Suho’s chest.

“I’m here, Yoona ah. It’s going to be okay. Do what you want to even if there’s nothing you can see coming out of it.”

 

‘Luhan-ah,why are you doing this to me? What do you mean?’

 

 

“Do you still remember what we’ve promised that night?”

A tall man with a gentle feature sighs softly while looking at the picture of a person he misses so badly.

“I wish I can see you, Yoona-ah…” The gentle voice he uses whenever he call out her name is one of the things Yoona love about him. Luhan stares blankly into space while holding the picture of him and Yoona together back in Korea, few years back.

“Did she contact you?

Someone pat his shoulder gently, returning him back to the reality. He smiles warmly, recognizing the person to be none other than Suho who walks in his hotel room with Xiumin in full disguise.

“Hey, I’m glad to see you, Han.” Xiumin smiles at Luhan as he greeted him. They met each other with the other EXO members alongside Kris once in a while, but it’s only after they resolve the problems they had within the group. Fortunately, the paparazzi and the media have not catch anything about it, so they can meet each other occasionally.

“Well, did you contact Yoona?”

Luhan wishes he can give them the kind of answer they have been expecting like Yoona and him are still contacting each other, but that’s not the truth.

“No, we’ve stopped contacting one another after I left.”

He smiles weakly, feeling hurt by his own action, but it is for his own good. He cannot withstand the heavy schedule and the feeling of being away from his family for too long. His parents are getting old, he cannot bear to see them living their day with him being away for years. How he wish that there’s a way that enables him to stick with EXO and continue living with his parents and seeing Yoona each day? Well, it’s all in the past anyway, he left already. He gotta face the days ahead of him.

“Did you try contacting her?”

Luhan shakes his head, making Suho and Xiumin feels disappointed. The two of them know how badly Yoona is hurt by Luhan’s action of leaving her without telling anything. Well, Luhan did tell his group members why he left and everything even if he told them after days of him leaving.

“Don’t you miss her, Han?”

“I do… Joonmyeon, Minseok. Of course, I do. But, what can I do? It’s too risky… I’m still in the middle of fighting with our—your company in the court.”

Suho takes a deep breath, an image of Yoona being sad and depressed is clearly being played in his mind. How can he forget? He never saw Yoona to be that sad. He knew Yoona for a long time, but that was the first time he saw her crying so hard.

“How she’s doing?” Luhan asks.

“Well, she’s doing great—” Xiumin pause for a moment and glance at Suho, signalling Suho to finish his sentence.

“That’s great, I don’t want to know that she’s in a bad condition or anything.” Luhan forces a smile. Honestly, it will hurt him to know that Yoona is doing better without him. But, he feels like that’s the best thing for both of them. Maybe, he can just cut off their connection for real this time.

“—that is only in front of the camera, Han. You know how great we, idols can act in front of the camera. She’s doing it to hide the fact that she’s broken inside. She misses you, Han. She’s been keeping herself busy with non-stop schedule. Minseok and I did try to advise her to cut down on her schedule, but it’s not working. She want to keep herself busy because—”

“Is it because she want to forget me? Well, I cannot blame her over it. I did nothing to keep her by my side anyway.”

“No, she said the reason why she’s been accepting all kind of jobs to keep herself busy is because she—”

“Guys, let’s go. I think you two better hurry before the media smell this meeting.” EXO’s manager come by and cut off Suho before he can continue.

“See you around, Han. Don’t forget to contact Yoona.”

Suho leaves after he remind Luhan what he intend to say earlier. Luhan opens up his Instagram account and scrolls through the pictures with Yoona’s hashtag on it. He’s been doing it ever since he lost contact with her.

“If only she have an account, maybe I can secretly follow her for real. Now, I sound like a creepy stalker boyfriend~” He laughs at his own silliness before moving on his next activity for the day.

 

On the other, Yoona is fiddling around with her smart phone while boarding the plane. She’s been looking at the past pictures of her and Luhan together since the plane have not taken off. It will be a lie if she tell herself and the people around her that she did not miss him or even think about him. Once in a while, she secretly look at Luhan’s Instagram to see what he post to his fans. She even make an account—a secret one which she only logs in using the phone she bought on her own. The phone she bought with him a few years ago.

“He still haven’t follow me on the Instagram. Of course he didn’t, I didn’t even use my own username and my own picture. Silly Yoona.”

She sighs, hoping that she can get a notification that says Luhan follows her on the Instagram.

As she is busy playing around with her phone, she did not notice that someone has occupied the seat beside her. A young man fully dress up in a black cap and black mask covering his face and his blonde hair. Yoona busy looking at her phone, did not notice that there’s someone sitting beside her.

“Ehem… Can you please take your bag, Miss—” He pauses, obviously feels shock at the sight bestowed in front of him.

On the other hand, Yoona who looks up at the owner of the voice, feels too shocked to respond back. She can clearly recognize the face behind that black mask, the voice she misses so dear, and the very person she longs to see after so long. Lu Han.

“Uh—Yoona?” He call her name casually, forgetting the fact that they are in a public place. Thankfully there’s not many people on board, Luhan look around before sitting down in his seat beside Yoona.

Yoona nodded in reply after she take away her bag and put it down by her side.

“…” For some reason, out of shock, the two could not comprehend their feelings for this unexpected meeting. Luhan, feeling suffocated with his cover-ups, takes off his mask and cap sneak a glance at the girl—scratch that—the woman sitting beside him. The woman named Im Yoona. She’s gotten prettier since the last time he saw her. Her blond hair hidden under her hoody sweater. For some reason, their hair colour looks pretty similar to each other. Luhan who realizes this cannot help but smile.

“How are you, Lu Han—Lu Han-sshi?” She mutters word by word carefully, trying not to grab the attention from the people inside the plan. There’s hardly anyone boarding the plane besides the two of them and the stewardess.

“I… I’m good. Yoon—How are you, Yoona-sshi?” Luhan feel slightly dejected when he hears Yoona addressing him formally. But, he knows—this bound to happen the moment he sees her. He knew this coming for him. But, he do not know how hurt he can feel.

“I… I don’t think I can do this…” Yoona suddenly gets up and take all her stuff. She put on her sunglasses and try to go out of her seat. She don’t think she can hold back her tears in front of him.

“Don’t go… I’m—I’m asking you, please stay here…” Luhan voice weaken. He feels disappointed knowing that she want to leave her seat.

Yoona takes a deep breath and stares coldly at Luhan.

“Where were you when I needed you the most? When you leave me without answer?” Yoona immediately get up and requested for a seat change from the stewardess. Luhan can only look at her going away, feeling powerless by the fact that he knows how hurt she is from his action.

“Will you still believe in me even if I tell you everything back then?”

 

 

“Why did I do that back then?” Yoona feels regretful of her action towards Luhan. Their unexpected meeting back then, it is something that she regret a lot. She wishes that she can turn back the time and replay that moment, asks Luhan the right question and then get together again. She regrets how she had to go on with her feelings and leave Luhan just then. It’s been quite some time since the last time she saw him.

“Should I go see him?” She get out of her hotel in Japan. It’s been a while since she finally got this kind of day off. She’s been working herself so hard to obtain this kind of freedom. She is still working for Innisfree even though she left SM after her contract finished. She still act for dramas and movies once a while, but she’s glad that she finally got the freedom she want. She can now look for Luhan again and start anew. But, she do not know whether she should do it or not. He might have someone else in his life right now—especially after she treated him coldly back then. She still open his Instagram once a while, but not as much as before.

“What if we met here in Japan? Will I be able to face him bravely?”

Yoona covers up her face due to cold wind blowing at her face. The street in Shibuya are filled with people from all around the world. Yoona turn to walk around the Shibuya Cross-street. The moment she looks up, she notices a familiar figure amidst the crowd.

“What is this? Is it fate?” She asks herself. Has fate finally play around with her? She feels like running away. But this time, her feet did not allow her to do so.

“Yoona…” She can hear him calling out her name. Lu Han. Out of all the places in the world, how did she bumped into him here in Shibuya? She look around, hoping that people did not notice it. She decides to run away the moment she notices that Lu Han is getting closer.

 

“I will not let you go away this time…”

Lu Han chases after Yoona until they reaches a place with not many people around. He manages to grab Yoona’s wrist and make her turn to face him.

“Lu Han…” He smiles, hearing her calling his name without any formalities. It’s been three years since the last time they met—but, it feels too long for him. Her hair that is no longer dyed, longer than before. He smiles at the sight before him.

“I’ve been wanting to see you… Yoona…” He no longer want to let her get away from him. He’s not the type of guy to say things straightforwardly. But, it’s now or never.

“Luhan… I…”

“Don’t say that you want to see me or even avoid me, Yoona... Please don’t run away from me anymore… You didn’t even reply to my messages, calls or even letters.”

Yoona know that she can no longer run away. She did regret for treating Lu Han coldly back then. She look at Luhan straight in the eyes. She already know everything through Luhan’s voice messages, messages and letters. He explain his reason for leaving EXO and her. She forgives him a long time ago and truly believe in him. She just hate it knowing that she cannot do anything to help him. Suho did help Luhan to convince Yoona to trust him. It’s just Yoona feels useless for being unable to do anything for Luhan.

“I—I’m sorry…”

“Hey, Yoong… For what? You’ve done nothing wrong.”

“I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for not believing in you when you told me to believe in you. I’m sorry for not being able to do anything. I’m sorry for not being able to be by your side.”

He gently wipe away Yoona tears and pull her close for a warm embrace.

“It’s okay. I know how hard it must have been for you. It’s okay… As long as you still believe in me…” Luhan smiles as he can feel that Yoona embraces him back. He rests his chin on her shoulder—feeling the comfort and love that he have not felt for a long time.

“Han… I don’t want you to leave me anymore.” Yoona burst into tears after she finally manages to say the words she’s been wanting to say to him.

“I will never leave you… I will always be by your side, Yoona…

 

 

Time passes by, the two of them finally get back together after so many challenge come by. Both Yoona and Luhan finally settle down a few years back and reveal that they are getting married to the public. The public truly exploded with reactions and choose to accept their relationship for their love for each other.

Luhan and Yoona finally decides to go to Japan after months of their marriage. They decides to go to the place where they were reunited again. Amidst the crowd passing by in Shibuya crossing, Luhan and Yoona walks side by side holding hands.

“Han, I have something to tell you…” Yoona’s smile beams with happiness.

“Go ahead, Mrs. Lu. What is it that you want to tell me?”

“How do you feel if I tell you that you are going to be a father?” Yoona smiles and gently rub her belly. It is not showing much since Yoona wear bigger clothes. Luhan’s eyes widen and look at Yoona with an expression filled with happiness.

“I am! Oh my! I’m so happy, Yoona-ah! Did you see a doctor?”

“Yeah, it’s been thirteen weeks… And—”

“What is it Yoona?”

“You’re going to be the father of a twin!”

“Oh my goodness! This got to be the best news I’ve ever get! Oh my goodness! I’m the first father among my group members! YEAYYYY! Thank you Yoona! I’m so happy!”

 

Luhan look at Yoona again, smiling brighter this time.

“I love you, Yoona… I’m glad to be able to have you… You’re the greatest thing I could ever ask for… I love you and the twins.”

Luhan gently kisses Yoona’s forehead and continues to walk with Yoona.

He definitely will show his happiness to his group members later.

 

 

Author’s Note:

Greetings everyone. I’m sure the person who requested this must have been feeling like I’ve been keeping her up for too long. So, I want to apologize first for making you wait. I know this sounds like an excuse, but I’ve been busy with finals (Still am! Got one more paper left~) and hope that she can still forgive me. Anyway, please leave LONG comments of your thoughts on this story and thank you for requesting. Dear readers, please request more pairings. Rare ones are totally welcome!

Till then, MyDanbo <3

P.S : My latest addiction Sunggyu x Yoona XD