DBSK's / JYJ's Jaejoong

Our deer, Yoona

YoonJae : The Promise

 

 

“I hope she will listen to this.” While breathing softly, a guy muttered before performing in front of the audience.

He takes a short glimpse at his wallpaper before proceeding to stand outside on the stage.

 

[I believe "Sassy Girl" soundtrack]

I believe... When you are not with me there are no stars in the sky. 
I believe... The way back to you will feel a little far. 
I'll carry all those memories deep inside me. 
I'll feel pain, it'll make tears fall. 
When I won't cry you will leave me 
With no change and no tears. 
Someday again the tears will come around 
You know it 
I'll believe that you are waiting. 
I do it for you. 
I believe... It'll hurt me to see, you can't cry. 
I believe... My tears will fall, you should turn back to me again. 
Again I'll glimpse you come into my sight 
And it'll make my tears fall. 
When I won't cry you will leave me 
With no change and no tears. 
Someday again the tears will come around 
You know it 
I'll believe that you are waiting. 
I do it for you. 
Before I knew you, the world was dazzling. 
From that sky I got left with tears. 
I will care for that person. 
You are the only reason... 
To me the wait gives me enough happiness. 
Love is the only reason... 
As days pass by, 
If you forget the way, I'll be waiting 
I do it for you. 
I do it for you.

 

After the song ended, he looks at the audience, hoping that she’ll see his performance.  He knew he did not really perform his song, but this song gives great impact to the two of them.

 

“That performance was great! You’ve done a spectacular job!” He looks at the staff in front of him. Personally, he feels better. He flashes a smile.

 

“Who did you think of when singing that song?” That very sudden question somehow manages to make him lose his cool. He calmed himself down before proceeding to answer that very question.

 

“That song is dedicated to…”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim. Pardon me for interrupting your practice. But, can I take my stuff?” He look at the bag where his junior point at and reply with a nod.

“Ah, thank you Sunbaenim. Sorry for interrupting you.” The girl bow 90 degrees before taking her leave.

“Pretty”

The first thing he noticed about her. He decided to shrug it off as she is just a kid to him.

“We probably won’t see each other again. Trainees as fragile as she is probably won’t last long here.”

Fragile. The first thing he noticed about her.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

“Yah~ Yoona ah~ What are you doing here?” He just stared at his maknae, Changmin who casually greet the girl he met the other day.

The girl just smile happily at Changmin, but quickly bows respectfully as soon as she sees him.

“Do I look that scary to her?” He thought as he notice how serious the girl face when she bows at him.

“Hyung~ Don’t show your cold face to her. You’ll make her feel scared, you know!” Changmin land a playful punch on his shoulder, making him groans in pain.

Changmin turn to face Yoona who looks worried.

“Don’t worry, Yoona yah. He can stand more than this. By the way, Sica told me to pass this on to you. She said that you need to carry that one big box back to your practice room.” Changmin pointed to the big box.

“Woah, that looks heavy? Can she even carries it on her own?” That little thought makes him worried of her.

“By the way, Yoona ah.”

“Deh, Sunbaenim?”

“Don’t call me that, Yoona ah. Call me Changmin Oppa! I told you before right?”

“Deh~ Changmin oppa”

“Anyway, you know this guy right?” Changmin pointed at the guy besides him.

“Y-yeah, he is Hero-sunbaenim.”

“Yah! Don’t call his stage name. Anyway, hyung. This is Im Yoona. She’s gonna debut in group of nine as So Nyuh Shi Dae”

The two of them exchange glances as Changmin stand in between them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim. I am Im Yoona.” Yoona bows 90 degrees just like the first time they met.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yoona-sshi. I am Kim Jaejoong and my stage name is Youngwoong Jaejoong, which you called earlier.”

After exchanging introduction, Yoona proceed to hold the big box.

“Do you need help, Yoona-sshi?” Jaejoong ask her worriedly.

“Anniyo, sun- I mean… It’s okay, Jaejoong-sunbaenim.”

Yoona swiftly pick the big box and does not show a single sign that the box is heavy. She waves goodbye.

“I shall take my leave now, Jaejoong-sunbaenim and Changmin-Oppa.” Yoona then proceed carrying the box until she disappears from their sight.

“She’s strong…”

Strong and beautiful. That’s what Jaejoong learn today.

“She’s not as fragile as she seems” Jaejoong thought before being called by Changmin for practice.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 “She shines as the center.” Unknowingly, Jaejoong commented as he watches her performance during her debut alongside Changmin.

“Yeah, she’s Yoona of course! Anyway, you know she likes someone from our group.” Changmin muttered as he munched on the food.

“Really?” Jaejoong pretended not to care.

“Yeah, Kyu told me about it. She likes –”

“WE ARE HOME!” Yunho shouted from the front door and cut off the conversation.

“Who is it that she likes? Is it me? Yah, what’s wrong with me?” Jaejoong brushes off his thoughts as he stared back at Changmin whose eyes glued on the television.

“So, who did she like?” Jaejoong ask curiously.

“I thought you don’t care.”  Changmin smirk evilly at his oldest hyung as Jaejoong become flustered at the sudden statement.

“Just curious~” Jaejoong tries to answer cooly while averting his eyes back to the screen.

The screen then featured Yoona who sings her part; Changmin took this chance to tease his hyungs.

“Well, if you are THAT curious. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell you.” Changmin smirk.

“Uh… Yeah, up to you…”

“Well, Yoona like…”

Jaejoong somehow pays more attention to Changmin more than the screen which later on featured SNSD other members.

“… Yoochun hyung.”

Jaejoong feels like his heart sank in disappointment as he heard the name the came out of Changmin’s mouth.

“Yoochun huh? Of course, he have a very prince like features. Which girls wouldn’t like him anyway? Me? I only look COLD.” Jaejoong thought to himself.

“Hyung, are you okay? Well, Kyu also told that–”

Changmin were cut off by Yunho who came to attack him.

“Yah! Why are you ignoring my presence in this house? Come here, you maknae!” Yunho then chase around Changmin in their dorm.

 

“I guess… I shouldn’t think too much. It’s just Yoona. So, it’s Yoochun…”

Jaejoong tries to deny it, but he knows deep down that he feels hurt by it.

 

I’m not her type. Jaejoong accepted this fact with bitter heart.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

“Jaejoong-sunbaenim… You are here?” Jaejoong looks up to see the girl he longed for.

“Yoona…” He smiled softly looking at her.

“Sunbae, what are you doing here?”

“Shussh” Jaejoong silence Yoona by putting his index finger on her lips.

“Soft” He thought.

“Hmm?” Yoona just stared innocently at Jaejoong.

“Is it true that you like Yoochun?”

Yoona’s eyes widen in surprise and her lips curve into a smile. Soon, she breaks into her famous alligator laughter in front of the guy.

“Who said that?”

“Uhhh… Changmin and Kyu.”

“Did I do something wrong, anyway? Why did she laugh?” He thought, feeling confuse.

“Sunbae, I just admired him and that was long ago! This is so funny!” Yoona laughs again.

“Her laughter… So captivating…” Jaejoong starts to get deeper in his thought as he stares at Yoona.

“And, Oppa! You know what? It’s just some silly crush that lasts for four months only!”

“Oppa?” Jaejoong came back to reality with the sudden word from her.

“OMO!” Yoona quickly covers , noticing her mistake.

“What is it? Why did you suddenly becoming like this?”

“Mhm…” Yoona starts to blush.

“Why are you blushing?” Jaejoong smirk, poking her red cheeks.

Yoona quickly covers her face, trying to hide her blushing face. Jaejoong grab this chance and hold both of her hands by using his left hand and caress her cheeks with his right hand.  Yoona just stare innocently at Jaejoong.

“You know, you can always call me Jaejoong Oppa. Honestly, I’ve always wanted to hear that from you.”

Yoona blushes harder as she bravely muttered, “Jaejoong… Jaejoong Op-pa...”

“Yes, Yoona ah?” Jaejoong took this chance again and pull her into an embrace.

Yoona respond the embrace and buries her face in Jaejoong’s chest.

 

Love. Jaejoong finally know what he feels for Yoona after years of finding out.

 

“I love her…” Jaejoong just smile and enjoys that moment.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

“Oppa, why did you call me here on the rooftop?” Yoona shouted as she notices that she’s alone.

“Jaejoongie Oppa~ Why did you ask Kyu Oppa to call me up here?” Yoona shouted as she pout.

 

In the middle of nowhere, Jaejoong appears with light shining on him.

 

“Yoona ah~ Don’t pout… I’ve got a present for you…”

 

Jaejoong takes a deep breath before singing the song, Insa…

 

Barami momun gu shigan jocha
Naegen nomu mojarangol
Hanbone miso majimak insa
Saranghamnida gudel
Shigane jichodo sarang-e apado
Gu shigan jocha chuogigo
Majimak insal haneyo
Saranghamnida saranghamnida

Fly away fly away love
Fly away fly away love
Fly away fly away love

Neseng-e dan hanbone sarang-a ahnyong

 

“Oppa… What is the meaning of this?” Yoona starts to tear up.

Jaejoong took step by step towards Yoona until they are in front of each other.

“Yoona… Just like the lyrics in the song I’ve sang… I love you… I don’t know why since the first time I’ve seen you… I cannot forget about you. Your fragile first impression… Your name that never leaves my mind… You may look fragile, but you are so strong to the point in which you surprise me, HIM YOONA…”

Yoona let out her alligator laughter as she stares lovingly at Jaejoong.

“Im Yoona… Your laughter never fails to make me fall for you even more. Anyway, you know how hurt I am when I know that you used to have a crush on Yoochun?  I cannot even talk to him offscreen for quite some time… That’s because of you… Yoona, the girl who steals my heart and successfully keep it for years now. I… Kim Jaejoong… Love you… Im Yoona”

Jaejoong blushes hard at his confession. Yoona just smile and pinch Jaejoong’s cheek.

“Oppa… I…”

As Yoona was about to answer, Jaejoong silence her with a kiss. After they break apart of the sudden kiss, Jaejoong spoke again.

“Yoona ah, I don’t know if you know this or not. But, I’m leaving… along with Junsu and Yoochun. We are not going to be a part of SMTOWN family anymore…”

Yoona tears starts to roll down her cheek as she cried. Jaejoong slowly caress her cheek and use his left hand to wipe away her tears.

“Don’t cry, Yoona ah. Listen to me.”

“Deh, Oppa…” Yoona stares at Jaejoong with her tears still flowing.

“Don’t answer me now. Please wait for me till the day I’ve succeed again with the two of them.  Please take good care of Yunho and Changmin for me. Please look after them for me. Promise?”

Yoona nodded.

“Another thing… Let’s make a promise. If I sing the song, “I Believe”, will you say yes to whatever I ask you to?”

Yoona nodded as Jaejoong pulls her into a hug. Both of them know that they cannot see each other after the hug.

“I love you…” Jaejoong muttered as he kisses her forehead and leave the building.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“I wonder if she sees my performance?” Jaejoong muttered slowly while looking at her picture.

Jaejoong look at the staff that asks him the question just now.

“That song is dedicated to…”

“Jaejoong-sshi! You got another performance!” A staff called for him.

“What? I thought my part has ended. Is there an encore or something?” Jaejoong just shrug it off and walk towards the stage.

“Why is the audience suddenly become silent?” Jaejoong thought as he stares.

 

All of a sudden, a light shone upon a girl that Jaejoong had always longed for.

“YOONA!” The crowd cheered as Yoona appears in a white dress and smile at Jaejoong.

The background music suddenly plays the song of Bruno Mars, “Marry You”. Yoona starts to sing the song to Jaejoong who all smiles at her surprise appearance.

 

As the song ended, Yoona stop and stand in front of Jaejoong.

 

“Miss me?”

The crowd cheered at Yoona’s question.

“Yeah, I’ve missed you so much that I could die.” Jaejoong smirks as Yoona just laugh at him.

“Oppa, I’ve heard that song from the audience seat. I’ve been here since the beginning.” Yoona smiles before Jaejoong continues.

“Then, I can finally say this now. That song is dedicated to you… I love you Im Yoona. I’m no romanticist. So, I can only say this. Will you be mine, Im Yoona? Marry me and be Mrs. Kim to me, Kim Jaejoong?” Jaejoong holds her hand and waited for her answer. Meanwhile, Yoona just smile.

“I’ve always wanted to answer you since years ago. Your coldness attracts me to know the mysterious you. The chatterbox you on show makes me wonder why you hardly open up to me. That charm that you have makes me fall for you. Those moments that you left me with nothing to hold on…. makes me feel surer of my feelings of you. Kim Jaejoong, I love you.”

Jaejoong who is overwhelms with happiness hugs Yoona as he twirl around while holding her in his arms.

“Wait, oppa! I have a question before I give my answer to your proposal!”

The crowd becomes silent as they waits for Yoona’s question.

“Will you be able to withstand my eating habit?” Yoona asks innocently which brought laughter to the people around them including Jaejoong.

“Aigoo~ Shikshin Yoona~ I will! I shall cook food for you every time you want them. So, your answer is?”

“Yes! I’ll marry you. Don’t worry… I’ll cook for you too, Oppa!” Yoona laughs as Jaejoong leans in for a kiss.

The crowd cheers as Jaejoong and Yoona smiles after broke apart from the kiss.

 

“Thank you for waiting for me… Jaejoongie Oppa/Yoongie deer~” The two of them spoke as they hug each other.

 

At the backstage

 

“At last! They are going to get married! Another deer will be born!” Junsu cheered from the backstage.

“Yeah~ All that years of waiting was worth it after all.” Yoochun smiles as he looks at his other two former/new members.

“Yeah, I’m so happy for them… Right, hyung?” Changmin smiles as he pat Yunho back.

“We should probably treat Kyuhyun for this. He works hard as the ‘CUPID’” Yunho laughs.

 

“Now, we are going to perform another song which is Stand By You” The four guys laughs as he heard Jaejoong announcement.

“This song is dedicated to all Cassiopeia and you too, Yoona for waiting for me.” The four guys smiles as they heard Jaejoong and Yoona laughter.

“I think that’s our cue. Let’s go, Dong Bang Shin Ki! Like the ol’ times!” Yunho cheered as they headed to the stage to perform.

 


Author's Note :

Yeay! YoonJae fic! Kekeke! I've insert some DBSK moment too T_T I've missed them. Anyway, please support them as TVXQ and JYJ! Support SNSD too! Kekekke! Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Do leave comments! I feel hype up to write if you leave comments especially long ones since it gives me ideas to write. 

With love, My Danbo :3