[R] EXO's Sehun

Our deer, Yoona

The Proposal

requested by inawairuz 

EXO had just finished their schedule for the day, and thus, the manager allows them to rest in their rooms or roam around the hotel area with a condition. They are not allowed to leave the hotel unless it is necessary. Xiumin, the oldest member in EXO has been looking for their group maknae, Sehun around the hotel area. He promised Sehun earlier that he will help him with something.

“I wonder what he wants with me… That kid…” Xiumin laughs on his own and walks towards Sehun’s hotel room after he notices that is the only place he has not looked for Sehun.

He looks at the plastic bag he bring along and smiles. The gloomy maknae totally needs some love from the eldest hyung. Xiumin politely knocks on Sehun’s hotel room door to make sure Sehun knows he’s already there.

“Come in, hyung.”

Xiumin casually walks in and sit down on the small sofa in front of Sehun’s bed after he makes sure he close the door.

“So, what’s up?”

Sehun gloomy expression brightens up when he notices Xiumin did not come empty-handed.

“If you want to eat this, let’s eat on the floor. I don’t want to mess up your bed.” Xiumin said shortly after casually sitting down on the floor.

Xiumin noticed that Sehun looks a bit down these days. It seems his head is full of things to be thought about.  Xiumin assumes that Sehun trouble look have something to do with his best friend, Im Yoona.

“I don’t know what to give her for our third anniversary…”

Xiumin smiles and pats Sehun’s back as he offers Sehun some pizza he brought along earlier.

“Just give anything you want.” Xiumin keep his answer short, he can sense Sehun still have something clouding his mind.

“I don’t know what to give her. She’s turning 30 next year, perhaps, her taste changes already. I don’t know women that much.”

Xiumin laughs looking at Sehun who seems too troubled than he should be.

“Look. Don’t worry about age. If you are already being worried about the age, you should not date her in the first place. Yoona will be Yoona no matter what. Just give her something you thought from the bottom of your heart. A gift full of love…”

“A gift full of love?”

“Yes, Sehun. A gift full of love that shows how much you love her.”

Xiumin takes the soda he brought with the pizza and drink it as he listens to Sehun.

“Hyung, what if I proposed to her? I think I want to propose to her, Minseok-hyung.”

Sehun’s unexpected answer causes Xiumin to almost spill the content of coffee in his mouth. He manages to hold it in and gulp down the coffee in his mouth.

“Wait, what do you mean, Sehun-ah?”

“I meant what I said just now, hyung. I think I truly want to propose her.”

Sehun’s eyes full of determination as he answers confidently the question Xiumin throw to him earlier.

“Are you sure?”

“There’s nothing else I can be sure of besides proposing to the woman I love.” Sehun smile bashfully, but Xiumin can feel his sincere feelings. Well, Xiumin is also among the first one to find out about Sehun’s pure feelings towards Yoona. He can still remember how Sehun innocence shows up whenever Yoona’s around. He finds his youngest member, Sehun so adorable that he feels like supporting him in whatever he does. That includes helping Sehun with Yoona.

“So, what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know.”

The Sehun he knows probably would not be this clueless. This must be because of Yoona. Xiumin finds this situation amusing as he pats Sehun’s head with his small hand.

“Well, let me help you to plan. Let’s do this together, Sehun-ah. Hyung’s here.”

“Thank you, Minseok-hyung…” Sehun hugs Xiumin and smiles happily. He feels so grateful to have Sehun by his side when it comes to this kind of problem.

Sehun smiles as he enjoys chatting with Xiumin throughout the night as they plan for the proposal day. He feels like he can do it perfectly with the help of Xiumin and the rest of s who will help him later on.

“Let’s hope everything will work out.”

“How was work today?”

Yoona stretches her arms and legs to ease her body soreness. The schedules these past few months took a toll on her. She did various kinds of things due to her full schedule for the past few months. She hardly stays at the dorm or even her own home. She stares at Sooyoung while making sad puppy eyes at her.

“Unnie~ Do you have some food? I’m hungry~”

Yoona’s cute voice definitely annoys Sooyoung, but she feels bad looking at the second maknae of their group looking lifelessly tired these days. Hitting the top of Yoona’s head playfully, Sooyoung asks her to wait for a moment before she comes back from the kitchen with some bibimbap and rolls of kimbap.

“I only have these. Don’t complain and just eat. Okay?”

Sooyoung put down the foods on the coffee table before she sits down beside Yoona on the sofa. She turns off the television, wanting to focus on the food and Yoona.

“Thank you, unnie~ You’re the best~”

“Stop calling me that, you make me feel old~ Well, why are you overworking yourself these days?”

Yoona takes some kimbap and chews it happily. She never feels disappointed when it comes to food.

“That’s because I’m taking a long holiday after this. I want to go somewhere.”

“Oh, that’s great. Hey, do you have any plans coming up? I want to ask you to join me on my trip around the world~ I need to do it before I’m getting married~”

Yoona smiles when she notices Sooyoung mention marriage. Sooyoung has been with her boyfriend, Jung Kyung Ho for years now. Obviously, the two of them are going down the aisle soon enough.

“Too bad. Sehun already booked me for my upcoming days-off~”

Smiling proudly, Yoona takes another roll of bibimbap, eat it happily.

“Damn kid. He was faster than me. So, what’s his plan?”

“I don’t know. He did say it’s going to be something special.”

“Maybe, he’s going to propose?”

“No, of course not unnie~ He’s busy with his concert. Plus, he’s young. He might not even think about it.”

“Well, don’t say I did not warn you~ what are you going to do if he’s going to propose for real? Speaking of Sehun, did you contact him these days?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t say anything about it. We hardly got time to talk to each other. He’s busy with his concerts and stuff while I’m busy with my schedule.”

“That’s hard. Well, make sure you are free next time. I booked you first if Sehun asks you out again. Don’t forget, my shikshin twin~”

“That’s okay, we’ll meet soon enough. Got it, my twin~ By the way, I’m still hungry.”

Sooyoung laughs looking at Yoona rubbing her stomach.

“I don’t have a schedule tomorrow, wanna go somewhere right now? Let’s eat, Yoong~”

“Let’s go before Taeyeon finds out.”

“Why is this happening?”

Sehun sits down at the corner of his room, sulking on his own. His beautiful magnificent plan might not be going well since Yoona suddenly have a schedule yesterday when he was supposed to propose to her last night. It is not going to be good if this keeps up. Yoona’s late arrival will be a bad sign for his plan.

“Minseok-hyung~ What am I supposed to do?”

Sehun question disappears slowly into thin air since there’s no one around except him inside his room.

“It’s okay if you truly want to make her yours, do your best.”

Sehun recalls Xiumin’s advice the other day. He stands up confidently and feels motivated remembering Xiumin’s advice. He should not give up with just a little challenge like this. A day later than schedule is not going to affect his plan. His wonderful and magnificent plan to propose. It sure is hard for him to accept when yesterday Yoona called him and said that she’s not coming until the next day due to unexpected schedule. Sehun feeling a little dejected had to call off everything to the next day which is tonight.

Tonight, Sehun is going to make sure everything will go as planned.

“I will do my best!”

Sehun smiles proudly looking at his suave appearance. He is wearing a black tuxedo while holding a bouquet of flowers. He chose the flowers that Yoona loves only. He walks out of his hotel room with a determination. Hopefully, everything will go according to his plan. However, the moment he steps out of his room, he notices that it is raining cats and dogs outside. The rain pouring down hard, making he feel down looking at the weather.

“No, how am I supposed to propose like how I imagine it to be? It is supposed to be on the beach with candles surrounding us, Yoona walks towards the spot, as I light up the fireworks asking her to marry me.”

Sehun sighs again, feeling disappointed with his failed plan. However, as soon as Yoona appears in his mind, Sehun decides not to give up. He runs as fast as he could towards the meeting place with determination.

 

“Hey, Sehun—oh my goodness. You are drenched. What happen?”

Yoona’s worried tone of voice makes Sehun feels better. Sehun who feels like crying when he found out the restaurant they are supposed to dine are close due to unexpected reason. He found out earlier when the restaurant told him while he was heading to Yoona’s hotel.

“Nothing… I have extra clothes. Don’t worry.”

“Well, come inside and change.”

Sehun nods, his sad facial expression brightens up when he sees Yoona. He changes his clothes in the bathroom. Sehun comes out of the bathroom wearing only a white shirt and plain denim jeans. He looks so uncool right now.

“Yoona-noona, I have something to give you…”

Sehun handed Yoona the bouquet of flower. However, his heart sank the moment he notices how badly the flowers looks like. He feels bad and feels like taking back the flowers.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you, I truly love this…” Yoona smiles and happily accept the flowers. She put the flowers on the table and walk back to Sehun sitting in the living room of her hotel room.

“Sehun-ah. Why do you look so down? Are you not happy to see me?”

“No, I am so happy to see you, Yoona-noona. But…” He looks at Yoona who is wearing a beautiful white dress he gave to her during her birthday last year. She looks perfect, but he feels down again after he recall all the bad things happening to him on his way to see Yoona. His clothes got drenches under the rain, his flowers were ruined, he left his present for Yoona back in Korea and everything happening to him yesterday and today makes him feel sad and disappointed with himself.

“Well, I have something to show you… Come with me…” Yoona smiles warmly as she holds Sehun’s hand and asks him to come along with her.

Sehun who is feeling down, nod his head and follow Yoona from behind.

“We are here…”

Yoona stops her tracks and looks back at Sehun who seems clueless. Yoona opens the door and pushes Sehun inside.

“Sehun-ah. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Sehun looks around the large hall feeling surprise looking at the people standing happily in front of him. Yoona had gone off somewhere after pushing him into the hall.  

“What is this?” He covers his mouth with his hand feeling like this is just a dream.

“Sehun-ah~ Happy birthday from us, eternal maknae~” Sehun feels like crying the moment he turn around and look at Kris. Luhan and Tao are also there along with the other EXO members.

“Duizhang~ I miss you~” Sehun run towards Kris and hugs Kris, Luhan, and Tao. He truly misses their presence after their departure years ago. Kris pat his head and turns Sehun head facing the center of the stage.

“Did you forget your own birthday? I bring them all here to celebrate your birthday. Happy birthday and happy third anniversary, baby~”

Yoona slowly walks towards Sehun while holding a birthday cake.

“Yoona-noona~ Thank you… Thank you so much…” Sehun cries as he hugs Yoona who manages to hand over the cake to Xiumin who is standing nearby. Sehun cries, letting all his feelings of the things happening to him through his tears. He had a hard time dealing with every single thing happening to him. Yoona smiles and pats his back.

“Yah, why do you still call your girlfriend as noona?”

Luhan smacks Sehun’s back and laughs at him while imitating Sehun who is in tears.

“Hurry up~ Blow the candles. We want to eat~” Kyungsoo activates his Satansoo mode and separates Sehun from Yoona. Sehun who is still in shock just nods his head at Kyungsoo’s request.

“Wait, don’t forget to make a wish. We want to hear it loud and clear~” Leeteuk playing his role as the MC at the event point the mic towards Sehun.

“Yeah, you cannot eat the cake until we can all hear your wish~” Suho who is standing beside Leeteuk cannot help himself from teasing his group maknae.

Sehun looks at Yoona who is smiling by his side.

“Tell us your wish. I’ll make sure Yoona fulfill it~” Xiumin teases after noticing Sehun’s intention.

 

Sehun walks closer towards Yoona who is now holding the cake.

“I wish I can marry you, Im Yoona. I want to be the one by your side every morning when we wake up. I want you to share your sorrows and tears with me. I want to be the one hugging you whenever you need someone by your side. I want to make you happy with everything I’ve got. I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. I don’t think there is someone else I can think about besides you. I love you, Yoona. Will you fulfill my wish and marry me, Yoona?”

All kinds of reaction shown on the face of the spectators who witness the unexpected proposal coming from Sehun. They divert their attention towards Yoona whose mouth is open slightly, probably she do not expect this coming from Sehun.

“So, what is your answer, Miss Yoona?”

Leeteuk who successfully regain his composure quickly asks the question towards Yoona.

“I will… Sehun-ah… Oh my goodness.” Sehun hugs Yoona immediately after he hears her answer to his proposal. He did hope for this kind of answer. But, somehow, he feels like giving up after all the things he plan for the proposal did not go well. He feels grateful to have Yoona by his side who remembers his special day even when he forgets about it.

“Thank you so much for accepting me in your life, Im Yoona…” Sehun softly kisses Yoona’s forehead before looking at her face with an expression full of love.

“Not so fast!”

Leeteuk, Suho, and the other male celebrities who treasures Yoona a lot quickly intervenes in between Sehun and Yoona before Sehun could land a kiss on Yoona’s kissable lips.

“Who told you that you can get married that easy?”

Leeteuk said while getting support from the others.

“I agree. I cannot let my best friend taken away just like that.”

Suho pulls Yoona away from Sehun and hides Yoona behind him.

“Me too. I think Sehun need to get our approval before anything else.”

Yunho joins in with Changmin who is smirking. Changmin seems to be enjoying this while laughing along with Kyuhyun.

 

“Stop this at once. He is mine, nobody should even try to get in between us.” Yoona, feeling annoyed with the unexpected disturbance pushes them away and hold Sehun’s hand.

Meanwhile, Sehun who feel happy with Yoona’s action just now smiles wider than before. He looks at her full of love before giving a determined look at the group of people that adores Yoona.

“I don’t care whatever challenge coming for me, I will take it. I will do whatever it takes as long as I can marry Yoona. I love her.”

Sehun’s manly statement makes the people in the hall laughs. They share a glance with one another before Xiumin step out and pat Sehun.

“We have a present for you.”

Xiumin smiles and gives a signal to Leeteuk who walks towards Sehun with a bright smile.

“We have already prepared everything for your wedding. This time, we will make sure it will not get ruined just like Sehun’s proposal plan.”

“Hyung~” Sehun whines.

“Anyway, enjoy your happy marriage life at ease~”

“It’s a present from all of us.”

Yunho and Changmin smile at the pair who obviously shock by the unexpected present.

“But, there’s a condition.”

Leeteuk suddenly turns serious.

“What is it?” Yoona asks out of curiosity.

“You two are not allowed to spend time together until the wedding day.”

Taeyeon appears out of nowhere with a stern look on her face.

Sehun feels a bit annoyed by his group member evil expression on their face. He looks at Yoona standing beside him.

“I don’t care about that condition. I’m leaving. Both of us haven’t spent time together for a long time.” Sehun pulls Yoona’s hand to run away from the others.

“Me too. Let’s go, Sehun-ah~”

 

“Ah, they left…” Xiumin laughs as his eyes follow the pair until they disappear.

“I cannot let them go.” Taeyeon looks determined to follow them, but Xiumin stops her.

“Yah, Taeng-jumma. Look at yourself. Think of your baby. What will your husband say if I allow you to follow them? Let them be~” Sooyoung appears out of nowhere and drag Taeyeon away.

“Be happy, maknae ah~”

Author’s Note:

 

Yehet! I’m finished with another update~ And it’s YoonHun, this time, hahaha.

Anyway, I want to thank inawairuz for requesting this story. I sincerely apologize if there’s anything that you are not satisfied with the story. I hope you will still love it. Please leave comments about your thoughts on the story. 

I apologize for any grammatical errors and my mistakes. I hope you guys enjoy reading this story and do upvote! 

I will update soon enough when I have time. As usual, if you want to request, please follow the guidelines in chapter 60 and check the comment section for the form. 

Till then, MyDanbo <3