[R] EXO's Chen

Our deer, Yoona

Euphoria

requested by pegase2311

It takes two to tango. It takes two hands to clap. It takes two people to get communication going. It takes two people being in love with one another to make it work. Every single thing in this world requires both sides to do their part in order to make things work. It is not enough to only have feelings of love when you are in a relationship. However, love is what keeps two people in a relationship to stay strong.

That’s the case for both Im Yoona and Kim Jongdae. Two people in love with one another, wanting to be each other, never wishes to be separated with one another. These two human beings are too opposite for people to take hint of their relationship. However, they have one thing in common that they fear.

Fans reaction

These two people are no ordinary human beings, in fact, they are the successful idols in their respective groups. These two are SNSD’s Yoona and EXO’s Chen.

“Yoona, did you eat well today?”

He is like her very own vitamin that energizes her day.

“I did! I eat a lot today~ How about you?”

Yoona smiles warmly while showing the picture of the food she ate for the day. Chen laughs in reply at the other end while facing his laptop screen.

“I want to see you…”

Her smile fades away and turns into a slight frown.

“So… badly…”

Chen added more, making her eyes teary.

“Hey, I didn’t mean to make you feel sad.” Feeling of regrets rushes in his heart, making him feel bad for making her cry.

“No, I’m not sad… I feel happy hearing that.” Yoona’s smiles that take away his heart again without any notice, somehow, makes him feel better.

“So, anything interesting happening today?” He smiles to enlighten her mood. Yoona looks excited as she starts to tell him all the things that happen that day. He never feels bored with her stories, in fact, this is one of the reasons why he loves her so much. He keeps on listening to her stories while thinking of the same thing she’s thinking at that moment.

Will they be able to stay together if their fans find out about their relationship?

How will their beloved fans react?

Just the thoughts of it make him feel worried—Will she be strong enough to face it?—In fact, the real question is… Is he strong enough to be able to protect her?

“Hey, Jongdae! Are you listening?”

Her pouty look she gave him right now only makes him feel like kissing her. If only she’s here by his side, he would tell her lots of things. Seeing her smile immediately ease his worries as he mirrors her expression.

“I am, darling~” He smiles at her blushing face... that he have not seen in months. He brushes his thoughts away and pay a full attention to her.

“Jongdae…”

Her voice sounds shaky at the end of the phone line. He knows exactly what she’s going to say to him any moment now.

“Yes, Yoona…? I’m here…” His answer sounds calm and composed.

“Jongdae… It’s… all over the news. The television, online blogs, newspapers—it’s everywhere.”

“Yoona… I… I’m sorry…”

Her strong will of not wanting to cry shatters the very moment she heard the word ‘sorry’ coming out of his mouth.

“Jongdae-ah… I’m scared…”

“Yoona-ah, I should have been more careful… I want to protect you, our relationship and everything we have… I’m sorry, Yoona ah… I should have done better—I should have been by your side right now. I’m sorry…”

Yoona knows deep down how hard Jongdae tries to protect their relationship from being leaked to the public. The two of them have always planned to tell their fans in the right way. And… this is not included in their plans at all. They did expect this, but—not this soon… She glances at the newspaper she read earlier.

[BREAKING NEWS] SNSD’S YOONA & EXO’S CHEN IS IN A RELATIONSHIP!

EXO’S CHEN CAPTURED ONE OF SM’S TOP THREE BEAUTY, SNSD’S YOONA!

She wants to look at the comment section and scroll through it, but she’s afraid of the comments.

“Yoona…” Jongdae manages to regain his composure again after he decides that he must be strong for Yoona, for their relationship.

Yoona replies a short, “Yes” while waiting for his words patiently.

“I’m here for you. It is fine, Yoona… It will be fine, I promise you. I promise that everything will turn out to be fine. I will always stay by your side.”

Yoona gently let out a relieved sigh. Deep down, she knows that she did not choose a wrong person to fall in love with.

“Let’s do our best… I believe in you and I want you to believe in me too. Tomorrow, you are coming back, right? To see our sajang-nim?”

Chen knows how nervous Yoona feel right now even though she had been in the industry way earlier than him.

“I am. See you tomorrow… Yoona…?”

“Yes?”

He sighs shortly and decides not to tell her right now.

“It’s nothing. Good night…”

“Really?”

“Yes… See you tomorrow, Yoona.” He laughs at her response while imagining how clueless she might look like when he leave her hanging like that.

“I love you so much, Im Yoona. I almost feel like flying over there right now and hugs you tight.”

“Oh my, I thought someone would cry all night. Man~ I regret buying all this chicken with Minseok hyung just for you.” Kai rolls her eyes while showing a disgust look playfully. Xiumin stifles a light chuckle at Kai antics.

Chen, who appears to be shocked by the two sudden appearances in his hotel room could only laugh in reply.

“Hey, give that to me~ I’m hungry. Wait, did you hear everything?”

Kai glanced at MInseok while laughing.

“What is it, Jonginnie~”

“I love you so much, hyung~ I feel like pinching your cheeks~”

Chen cannot hold himself back from laughing at the two.

“You two. Just you wait!”

He gets up from his bed and chase after Kai who manages to pass the plastic bags full of fried chicken inside to Xiumin.

[Hey, are you busy?]

Yoona stares at the short message Chen sent to her through K-Talk yesterday. She still haven’t replied him ever since. She feels worried that she might not be able to hold back and ran to him right now.

As she continues to contemplate whether to reply him or not, another message comes from him.

[Are you avoiding me?]

Her phone light up again, signaling another message came.

[If this is because of what sajang-nim said to us, please don’t. I can accept everything except you ignoring me.]

Yoona sighs softly, still confuse whether she should just reply him or not. Their sajang-nim did not allow them to see each other for the time being, this is until their news settle down. SM have yet given an official statement to the public after a week the news of them got out to the public. Their fans are anxious on the status of their relationship. But, SM chooses to ignore the news at the moment and promised to release a statement only after SNSD’s tour and EXO’s tour ended.

“I miss him, so badly. But, I must be patient. This is for our own good.”

[It’s okay if you don’t want to reply. I just want to let you know that everything will be fine and I will always love you.]

Her strong will finally break apart when she read his K-Talk just now. She knew this is hard on him too, but Yoona do not want to ruin the relationship they build for years nor did she want him to lose his wonderful career at the moment.

Gently, she types a reply to him after thinking that she should give him words of encouragement.

[I believe in you, in myself, and in us. I love you, too.]

Holding her phone close to herself, Yoona falls asleep crying that night.

She looks at herself standing in front of the mirror, wearing a beautiful pink dress with white flowers laces all over it. She takes a deep breath and smile warmly from her heart before walking out to the respective hall provided for this event.

As she enters the room, the first person Yoona can see through her eyes amidst the crowd is none other than Chen. He stares at her stunning look. He whispers to himself at how beautiful she is right now. Noticing a few flashes struck in front of them, Chen maintain his composure and offers Yoona a seat beside him.

“Are you ready?” He looks at her with the gentlest gaze he had ever given to her. Yoona replies him with a smile that gives him strength.

“First of all, we want to thank each and every single one of you for coming. We would also like to apologize for not coming forward and be honest about this earlier.”

Chen begins the event with a confident smile. He wants every single person there to write exactly what he want them to know. The live broadcast of this event is not something he can make a joke about right now. He look at Yoona standing by his right side and gently hold her hand.

“We want to inform all of you from our very own mouth after we had received permission from our company. Therefore, we will tell you that the two of us, EXO’s Chen and SNSD’s Yoona are together. We’ve been seeing each other for a while now.”

Yoona nodded gently and smile sweetly, making the reporters smile in return as they take tons of pictures of the couple gazing at each other while holding hands.

“I love him as Kim Jongdae and I hope our fans can accept this news even if it takes some time.”

Chen smiles brightly and gives Yoona’s hand a soft squeeze before continuing.

“I love her as Im Yoona and I will treasure her more than she deserves. I sincerely hope that our fans will truly be able to accept our relationship.”

The reporters then proceed with asking them questions about their relationship. Both Yoona and Chen manages to answer it calmly while giving out an honest and truthful answer.

As the press conference reaching the end, Chen smirk playfully while winking to the reporters and Yoona.

“I have something to add. I want to say this right in front of everyone.”

Yoona stares at Chen cluelessly as this is not what they practiced on together earlier. They did make sure that both of them know what each other is going to say in order to ensure everything will proceed smoothly.

“Dear Im Yoona—“Chen suddenly turn his body, facing Yoona while holding her hands gently.

“—I sincerely want to thank you for loving me even when I have nothing to promise you, nothing to offer you, nothing to give you. I want to know how lucky I am to be able to be here, holding your hands knowing that you are mine and only. I do not know what else I can say to let you know how much I love you to the point I cannot afford to even think of losing you. Im Yoona, thank you for accepting me for who I am and thank you for loving me the way I am. Thank you for always reminding me to take care of my fans.”

“I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for giving me the chance to love you. Thank you for being in my life. I love you, Kim Jongdae.”

“Everyone, please accept our relationship and pray the best for both of us. We, love you EXO-Ls and SONEs. Thank you, everyone.”

Both of them bow politely to the audience and smile.

 

The reaction the two of them received from the public is unexpectedly good. The beginning was hard to accept, but the public begins to accept them as they can see how sincere the two love each other for who they are. Their fans begin to accept it only after the press conference. The two promised that they will never forget their fans and will always be thankful to them.

However, as time passes by, people are wondering when the two will tie the knot. Unexpectedly, Chen has something up in his sleeve.

“Are you sure, you want to do this?”

Xiumin asks while helping Chen to choose the best suit for tomorrow’s event.

“Well, I’ve been preparing for this for a long time, I am more than sure to do this.”

“That’s great! Too bad she couldn’t come to watch it for real.”

“Yeah, she got filming tomorrow… Well, I can always do this to her in private…”

“Well, best luck to you Jongdae. Gotta go. Manager called. Don’t worry, I have prepared something for you tomorrow.”

Thanks, hyung. You’re the best…”

 

Xiumin quickly ran out of Chen’s hotel room and quickly rushes over to the promised place.

“Yah! Why are you late?”

A familiar voice welcoming him at the entrance, he smirks upon seeing the person in disguise.

“What? I had to dress up like this in order to go inside unnoticed. Did he know I’m here?

“Nope, he doesn't” Suho appears out of nowhere and bring a bag filled with stuff for the thing they planned for.

“Well, let’s say he might be happy or sulky if he knew that you’re here with us without telling him.”

“Nah~ Don’t worry, he surely will be shocked tomorrow~ Let’s do this~”

 

D-DAY

Chen walks back and forth feeling nervous about his upcoming solo stage for the night. It’s the last night of their concert in Seoul, so he want to do his best even though the person he intends to sing to is not there with him.

“Let’s go, Chen, it’s your turn.”

“Yeah, let’s do this.”

The eight of them follows Chen from behind in a black suit after they finished their performance. Chen who leave earlier to prepare for his solo stage. He dresses up in a white tuxedo that shows how charming he can be. He takes a deep breath before appearing at the centre of the stage.

“I’m here to sing this song to that special person all of you had known. She might not be here, but I do hope this song will reach her and she will be able to know how I truly feel. Will you let her know?”

The audience cried out ‘Yes’ and shouts Chen’s name. As he begins to sing, they suddenly become silent and take out the flashlight prepared for his performance singing Jason Derulo’s Marry You.

 

I’ll say will you marry me~

I swear that I will mean it~

I’ll say will you marry me~

 

As he sings that part, a figure coming out of nowhere fully dresses up in a black tuxedo dancing beside Chen. Chen who have no idea of what’s going on, decides to think it as part of the performance or the surprise dancer Xiumin prepared for the show. However, he feels curious as he notices that the dance is a female. Being a professional singer, he continues to sing as the figure dancing along to his song.

Before he reaches the end of the song, the dancer begins to move closer to him bringing a bouquet of white roses. She takes off the hat covering her face, showing her real face as she smirks at him while handing him the rose.

 

That’s precisely what I plan to do~

Chen smile could not get any brighter due to the shock he feel right now. He glances over the corner side of the stage, noticing the rest of his group members are there smirking at their own success to surprise him.

Yoona dresses up in a black tux smiling happily at him.

“Happy birthday, Kim Jongdae~”

Yoona, along with his group members and fans shouted at him. He totally forgot about his own birthday because he’s busy preparing for this.

“Ehh?”

“It’s your birthday, silly! Now, what do you want for your birthday?”

Without thinking any longer, Chen honestly blurts out his true intention.

“I want you to be Kim Yoona. Marry me, Im Yoona. I’ll say and ask this over and over again until you answer me. So, will you marry me?”

Yoona smiles warmly and pinches Chen’s cheek.

“Of course, I will, silly! I love you!”

Chen ran over to Yoona and lift her before he twirls her around in his embrace. He looks at her gently before leaning in for a kiss.

“Thank you for saying YES to my proposal…”

 

“STOP! NO PDAs allowed here!” Suho quickly intervene and stop the two from kissing.

“Whatever gramps, we can always do them later~ Thank you Yoona, I love you.”

“I love you too~ Hey, Joonmyeon, go and get yourself a girlfriend among the crowd~”

“Forget about him~ Yoona ah~”

“Yes?”

“I want many children~” Smirking like a ert, Chen runs away after kissing Yoona’s right cheek.

“Yah! Don’t say that in public!”

Right now, Chen feels that the most significant feeling he feels right now is Euphoria. There's no other word close enough that can explain how he feels right now. He's sure that Yoona feels the same way. 

 

Author’s Note:

MyDanbo here, reporting for finishing this first request! Yeay~ Finally, I finished this request~ Anyway, thanks to the requester pegase2311 for being the first requester! I sincerely hope you like—No, love this story! Please continue to support my fanfic and your favourite pair!

Anyway, I’m still open for requests, but please follow the guidelines provided in chapter 60! Keep up the request going. By the way, I will only accept three same pairings for any requests. Example, if three people already requested YoonChen, I won’t accept more than that. Please request different pairings! Thank you <3

Sincerely, MyDanbo ^^