The Elevator Guy

Our deer, Yoona

 

Unexpected love always come stumbling your path the moment you least expected. The person you’ll fall for might be the person you don’t expect to fall for. It just happen that way every once in a while. There’s honestly nothing you can do about it. Nature just make it happen that way. And for some unknown reason, today is the day for that to happen in Yoona’s life. She whom will never believe in things like love at first sight or love like in the movies. She whom will experience the kind of love she never thought she will get.

Let’s see how the story will unfold for this girl who hardly believe in the power of love.

 

“It’s a tiring day. How’s your work, Tiff?”

Yoona asks after she make sure that she finished munching her food.

“Well, my department are going to organize a birthday party for our oldest co-worker.”

“That sounds fun. My department is a little dull lately since the clown of our department move to another department.”

Yoona sighs as she try to grab a bite from Tiffany’s plate.

“Oh, that Jongsuk guy? He’s kind of funny. Hey, I thought you two had something together.” Tiffany gives in to Yoona and give her meal to Yoona.

“Thanks. Me and him…? Well, I don’t think so. We’re just close friends…”

“That’s not what I think when I saw how he look at you.” Tiffany smirks and glance at Jongsuk who is nearby. She notices how Jongsuk always glance at Yoona every now and then.

“I don’t think so. Hey, I got to go now. My boss will be mad if she couldn’t find me at my desk by now.” Yoona smiles at Tiffany and leave in a hurry before Jongsuk manages to come to stop her.

“Hey, if you’re always one step too late, she’s going to be snatch away by someone else.” Tiffany smirk and pick up her stuff to leave.

“I’m not chasing her or anything.” Jongsuk fake up a smile and walks away.

“Wait, please don’t close the lift door!” Yoona quickly squeeze into the gap in between the lift.

The moment she enters the lift, she notices that there’s only one guy other than her. Yoona being the hyper one cannot help but stares at the guy beside her. His beautiful mole that enhance his manly features only makes him irresistible to stare. She has never stare at someone this long, but she feels like she cannot stop staring at him.

“You know…”

“Hmm?”

The guy is now looking at Yoona with an awkward smile shown clearly on his face.

“Don’t you think it’s dangerous?”

“What?” Clueless of the whole situation, Yoona ask him a question back.

“Well, the thing you did just now. It’s dangerous. Please don’t do the same thing again. It’s fortunate enough that I manages to push the open button for you.”

Yoona rolls her eyes, obviously irritated by his advice in which she considers as babbling. The man smirks when he notices her annoyed expression.

“Got it. Thanks for pointing it out, Dad…”

The man laughs and smile at Yoona’s look of annoyance. For a moment there, Yoona can feel her heartbeat’s fasten after seeing his smile and laughter. It’s undeniably captivating.

DING!

After the lift stop at a certain floor, the guy smiles warmly and bows to Yoona.

“See you around, my bratty daughter~” He leaves Yoona after laughing at her annoyed look.

“Damn, he’s annoying. But… That smile… Wait, I’m not supposed to think about this right now. Work, work!” Yoona reminded herself again as she focus on her task that day while thinking about that guy smile. His refreshing smile is the only thing playing on Yoona’s mind the whole day.

Unable to concentrate on her work that day, Yoona get up from her seat and decides to take this moment to relax for a bit before continuing with her job. She decides to pull an overtime to finish her work today. She do not want to bring her workload back home because she want to relax in the weekend.

“Yoona! Can you please send this document to the department in Level 9? They need it now.” Yoona’s boss call her name with a demanding tone and Yoona walk lazily towards her boss. She take that document from her boss and head towards the elevator.

“What if I meet up with that smiley guy again?” She giggles and decides to ignore that kind of thoughts.

DING!

The elevator door open and Yoona step in with slight disappointment when there’s only an old man in the elevator. The elevator head down to the ground floor and the old man step out of the elevator with no conversation going on. Yoona whose mind is occupied with list of workloads did not notice that a particular man have step in inside the elevator.

“EHEM!” 

The guy loudly let out a short cough which return Yoona back to reality. Yoona sneak a glance at the man standing beside her who appears to be smiling.

“What?”

The guy smiles in return and shakes his head in reply to Yoona’s short question. Yoona roll her eyes and glares at the guy for a moment.

‘He has a cute mole on his chin. So adorable.’ Yoona smiles to herself thinking that the guy did not notice.

“Do I look that attractive to you to the point you cannot stop staring at me?” His smirking face is undeniably adorable to Yoona’s eyes. However, she try to look calm and compose.

“Who would even want to stare at you? I never said you are attractive.” She rolls her eyes, trying to ignore the fact that she did stare at him earlier.

“Well, it’s okay if you don’t want to admit it. I’ll accept your kind thoughts.” He smiles brightly before leaving Yoona who seems pretty bothered by his smile.

“Stop smiling like that, will you… You gorgeous annoying devil.” She mutters softly after he left her alone in the elevator.

After few days of not seeing Yoona’s favourite smiley guy that she also hates, Yoona feels slightly sad because she thinks that their short dispute in the elevator energises her day. For some reason, she misses his presence by her side in the elevator. Their short bickering moment is what she misses the most. She don’t even know his name, his position or his workplace. She’s not sure whether she works in the same company or just a client coming by. She knows nothing about him.

Sighing, Yoona did not notice a certain guy’s presence who want to ask her out.

“Hey Yoong, do you want to grab some dinner together later?” He asks, a slight feeling of nervous crept upon his heart because this is not the first time he asks. He slowly let his hope down because Yoona usually reject his invitation.

“Sure, why not?” Yoona’s answer bring a wonderful amount of happiness to him today. It’s not like he love her or anything, he just want to try asking her out. If the spark is there, he’ll work hard for that. If not, maybe he’ll try again. Well, what’s gonna hurt than asking a wonderful woman like Yoona?

“Alright, let’s go now. Do you have any work? Is Tiff coming?”

“Oh, she’s not. Nope, let’s go now. I’m finished already. She got a date with Khun today.” Yoona nonchalantly reply as she tidy up her workplace before following Jongsuk who is loyal in waiting for her to finish.

 

As the two of them walk towards a certain family restaurant in which Yoona requested because she want to avoid from having any sort of romantic dinner with Jongsuk, she heard Jongsuk calls out a guy’s name.

“Haruma!”

Her eyes widen the moment she sees the owner of the name ‘Haruma’. The one and only guy she want to see and avoid at the same time.

“Oh Jongsuk-ah. Come here. Let’s eat together.”

“Sure. Yoona-ah, you don’t mind, don’t you?” Jongsuk gently leads Yoona to her seat and help her to sit down while the ‘elevator’ guy smirks at their interaction.

“Oh, excuse me. I need to pick up this phone call.”

Jongsuk excuse himself after the waiter have come and take their orders to answer the phone call. The moment after he left, Yoona tries to act normal by ignoring Haruma’s smirking face.

“So, are you two together or what?”

“Well, why do you care?” Yoona glares at Haruma and tries her best to supress her feelings of happiness from showing on her face.

“Whoa, you’re so feisty. Well, miss elevator, whom I assume your name is Yoona. May I have a chance to get to know you all over again? Shall we start afresh?” Haruma flashes a refreshing smile that Yoona missed a lot.

“I guess that won’t hurt. I am Im Yoona…” Yoona smiles professionally after she notices that Jongsuk’s phone call ended.

“Well, Im Yoona-sshi. Nice to meet you. I’m—”

Jongsuk cut in their conversation making Haruma unable to introduce himself.

“Whoa, so you guys started before me. That’s not fair. Oh yea, Haru-cchi. Meet Im Yoona, my best friend.” He stutters a bit at introducing Yoona as his best friend. It feels a little funny, but he brushes it off.

“Well, nice to meet you, Yoona-sshi.”

“Nice to meet you too. I couldn’t catch your name yet, Haru-cchi.” Yoona said sarcastically, and shakes Haruma’s hand with a stronger grip making him smirk even more.

“Well, Yoona-sshi. My name is Haruma Miura from Tokyo, Japan. Please to be more than just an acquaintance with Miss Feisty here.” He smirks knowing that this will be a wonderful encounter to their unique and funny relationships.

“So, have you two met already? Well, we are all working at the same place. We are bound to meet somehow.” Jongsuk asks after noticing the unique and tense air surrounding the two.

“Well, maybe we have… maybe not.” Yoona take back her hand and break off their tense handshake the moment she notices the food coming.

“I agree. If we did, it might be a wonderful encounter.” Haruma smirks, totally enjoying this moment.

“Let’s eat happily while celebrating our beautiful start to a wonderful beginning.” Jongsuk smile while busy munching his food without noticing the two having a staring competition.

“This is surely a wonderful encounter… Miss Feisty, Im Yoona-sshi. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen in the future.”

“Same here, Mr Proud Haruma Miura-san. I will surely make your days enjoyable.”

Author’s Note:

MyDanbo here. Finally, I managed to squeeze in another update.

I’ve always wanted to write this trio in a story, but I was worried.

So, I didn’t get a chance to write them as the main characters.

Well, it will be fun to write them up in a story. So, here it is a one-shot about them.

By the way, I totally love Japanese drama~ >w<

I’m back in loving em even moreee~

Till then, MyDanbo <3