Kim Soo Hyun

Our deer, Yoona

I love you

 

Kim Soo Hyun and Yoona were a beautiful pair of lovers back then. They got close through Taecyeon who formally introduce them during one occasion. They eventually got together, however, it wasn’t long and they break up for an unknown reason. They parted ways right before the scandal involving both of them come out. The news died down eventually due to not much of an uproar caused by it.

 

The two of them hardly run into one another after that incident. They always try to avoid each other whenever they could. If they have an event at the same place, they always try not to sit with each other or somewhere close. The photo-shoot they have for a certain brand was also taken at different time. The company brand uses Photoshop to put them together in a picture.  They always try not to bump into each other as much as possible.

 

However, as years pass by, the two eventually fated to meet up again when SNSD’s Yoona and Kim Soo Hyun are paired up to work together again for a commercial together. This time, both of them cannot avoid from working together because they have finally decided to not avoid each other anymore.

“Hey…”

Kim Soo Hyun walks up to Yoona amidst all the crew busy preparing for the shoot. Yoona would choose to avoid him professionally before. This time, it is not an exception either. Yoona finally looks at Kim Soo Hyun face to face after all this years of not seeing him.

“Oh… Hey.”

She replies shortly. Her eyes wander around hoping that no one notice their interaction just now. After finally confirming that people around them are busy with their own work, Yoona looks back at Kim Soo Hyun who never stop from looking at her.

“Yoona...”

He also notices that Yoona is feeling a little insecure about their interaction. However, Kim Soo Hyun chooses to pretend that he knows nothing about it. Yoona, on the other hand, feels a bit taken aback by the way he calls her name. She missed it—the way her name sounds so different whenever he was the one who call her name. It is not much of a different compared to how other people call her. But, she feels the way that he call her ‘Yoona’ more special than anything else in the world—she still feels the same. She brushes away her thoughts and maintain a professional gaze at him.

“Opp—Yes, Kim Soo Hyun-sshi?”

Yoona almost let it slip out of . She always calls him by his name plus the word oppa affectionately. That was when they are still together in a romantic relationship. Right now, they are just partners for commercial. This is all business. Yoona tries to maintain her best composure in front of him. Kim Soo Hyun has been gazing at her since the moment he talks to her.

“How are you?”

There're so many things he wanted to talk to her about. He has been waiting for this moment to come by. He even want to hug her right here right now, but he holds it back. Why? Because they are no longer together. She no longer belongs to him nor did he belong to her.

“I’m fine… You?”

Yoona knew this time will come. She knew—she’s just not prepared for it. Honestly, she does not know what to do right now. She feels like holding his hands just like back then—but she do not deserve to do so because they are just strangers with some memories. She almost tries to grasp his hand when she quickly notices where they are—in the middle of a shooting.

“If there’s nothing else, can I take my leave now? If you’ll excuse me, Kim Soo Hyun-sshi.”

Yoona decides to end their awkward tension before other people notice it. Yoona bows politely at Kim Soo Hyun before turning to walk away.

“Wait, Yoona ah…”

Kim Soo Hyun held her back by holding her wrist tightly. She has been using formal words with him since before and he hated it. He wants to get back to the way they did before. It hurts him whenever she behave so professionally with him. He knew this will happen. This is why he tries to avoid from seeing her in public. The formality burns him from within. He longs for her—affection, the way she behaves around him, the way she smiles, the way she laughs happily around him, the way she eats, everything about her that never fails to make him fall for her even more. He missed that so badly. He missed her—Im Yoona, the girl he’s in love with since the first time they met.

“Can we talk, Yoona ah?”

His request is short and simple for her to understand. However, she refuses to understand or accept his request until—she sees that eyes. His eyes that are filled with hope and love(?) as he looks at her directly in the eyes. Yoona knew what’s waiting for her in store fi she keeps on looking at him. She’s going to fall for him again. That eyes that held her captive every single time. The eyes that make her feels like she’s sunk into it. His eyes that she cannot avoid nor look away.

“Yoona-sshi! Soo Hyun-sshi! It’s time for filming!”

The statement from a staff that is running to their direction break the tense mood they had around them before. Kim Soo Hyun releases his grasp on her wrist with his eyes still looking at her.

“Let’s talk after this, Soo Hyun-sshi…”

She still addresses him formally, but he finds that acceptable because she finally agrees to talk to him after all this years. He replied with a short ‘Alright’ and proceed to follow her to the filming location.

 

The commercial is for I brand lipstick product. The concept of the lipstick is ‘Kissable lips, every time, everywhere, indulging you in’ where Yoona and Kim Soo Hyun need to go for a date and Kim Soo Hyun cannot stop from looking at Yoona’s lips and eventually kiss her amidst the crowd of people in the city. The commercial ended with Yoona looking at the camera and winks while showing her lipstick. Kim Soo Hyun’s eyes will continue looking at Yoona as she does her lines. The filming ended with success after a few takes as the crew decides to wrap everything up.

After that, Yoona’s phone vibrates and she notices that she got a LINE notification. She slides through her phone to read her LINE message.

 

[Yoona-ya, can we meet at the usual place?]

 

Kim Soo Hyun also included a bear sticker looking frantic with it hands together. Yoona laughs shortly after reading his message. He never change. He will always use emoticon back then whenever he text her.

“He’s still the same…”

Kim Soo Hyun wait patiently until Yoona arrives at their meeting place. He wear a snapback to hide her face. He also wear hoodie jacket to cover up his identity as a celebrity. He flips through his phone as he waits patiently for Yoona to come. He prepares himself a lot—he even ordered drinks for the two of them earlier. Fortunately, this café is rather secluded and they also provide private table for private occasion. He’s a regular customer at this café along with Yoona back in the days when the two of them dated.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about, Soo Hyun-sshi?”

Yoona asks immediately after she take a sit in front of Kim Soo Hyun separated by a small table. Kim Soo Hyun just stares at Yoona without answering. Her beauty still shine despite the fact that she did not wear any make up, wear pretty plain and casual clothes. Yoona’s attire is not much of a different from his, Yoona also wear a snapback to cover her face. She put her hood up to cover her hair.

“Are you listening, Kim Soo Hyun-sshi?”

Her formality hurts him deep down. He offers her the drinks he ordered earlier with a warm smile.

“Here, drink this. It’s your favourite, isn’t it? Yoona?”

Yoona gaze soften after she notices he ordered her favourite drink. He still remembers even after all this years they did not even spoke a word to each other. Yoona glance at the drink Kim Soo Hyun ordered for himself, Chamomile Tea. He still ordered the same kind of drink. He loves to drink that whenever he feels tired.

“You never change, Soo Hyun-oppa.” Yoona drops the formality abruptly making Kim Soo Hyun feels taken aback.

“Huh?” He look at Yoona in disbelief. Yoona smiles at him shortly after she took a sip of her drink.

“Why? You don’t like it? Should I just addresses you formally from now on then? Soo Hyun—”

Kim Soo Hyun cut Yoona off, “No, I prefer if you call me by my name. I missed it when you call me like that. Yoona-ah”

Kim Soo Hyun smiles showing his pearl white teeth. He suddenly remembers his true purpose of wanting to see her again. He look at Yoona straight in the eyes as he speak up.

“Yoona, I’m just going to be straightforward with you…”

For some reason, Yoona knew what he is going to say. She has a feeling that he might ask her about their relationship again. She—

“I love you…”

Yoona’s eyes widen at the sudden confession. She should have at least expect this coming from his. Honestly, she expect him to say something like continue to be friends again. She did not expect he would bluntly confess his feelings to her. She did not expect that he will even utter those three words to her again.

“What do you mean?”

Kim Soo Hyun gaze soften after he notices her confused look shown on her face. He slowly take a deep breath before continuing to speak again. He’s determined to be honest today. He’s afraid that he might not get another chance like this ever again. He did not want to lose her.

“I meant what I said just now. I love you, Yoona. I never stop from loving you from back then. I will always love you whether it’s today, tomorrow or the next day. I will keep on loving you.”

Yoona can feel his sincerity as his voice sounds shaky from being nervous. She knew his habit very well. She can see that he is being honest with her right now.

“Why now? After all this years of avoiding one another… You even let me go away back then. You did not even try to stop me from leaving you. Why?”

Yoona’s tears starts to gather around her eyes. Any moment now, her tears will fall. She tries her best to not let that happen as she breathes in and out slowly.

“I’m just nobody back then. I’m not even successful. I’m just a rookie actor who did not know whether I can get to eat or not that day or the next day. I have nothing to offer you back then, Yoona ah.”

“I don’t ask for you to give me anything. Is that what you think of me? A woman who will pester you—asking for things?” Yoona gets up from her sit abruptly, knowing that her tears might fall in front of him any moment. She did not want that to happen. She run out of the café while hoping that he will not chase after her.

“Yoona!”

Kim Soo Hyun quickly ran after Yoona without caring about the people who starts to take notice of them. He ran after her until he manages to catch up with her.

“Yoona—”

He quickly embraces her from the back, not wanting to let her go. He will not make the same mistake again by letting her leave him again.

“Let me go… oppa…. Please…”

Kim Soo Hyun tighten his hold around her and rests his chin on her shoulder.

“I will not let you… not again… I do not want to regret anything, anymore… I love you, Yoona. I love you so much that I cannot even love anyone else after all this years. No matter what I do, how hard I try to forget you—I just can’t… I love you so much it hurts… Why did I listen to the people around me back then? I was afraid that you’ll leave me because I’m not compatible with you, Yoona ah…”

Yoona tears finally fall and she finally decides to give in.

“What do you mean by that, oppa? Why do you care about other people? Why you never tell me all this?”

Yoona can feel her shoulder wet, she knew he is crying. She just let him be as she listens to him.

“I was afraid, Yoona ah… I don’t want to let you suffer along with me. I don’t want people to say I’m riding along with your popularity to make myself famous. I don’t want people to say bad things about you… I only thought of protecting you…”

Silence engulfs the two of them. Kim Soo Hyun who notices that Yoona did not respond to him, decides to slowly release her from his back-hug.

“If you do not love me anymore, it’s okay. I just want to let you know… I love you, Yoona ah… Be happy…”

His tears continue to fall as he try his best to smile at her.

“Idiot…”

Yoona pouts as her tears fall again. The man she loves the most after all this years is crying in front of her.

“Are you going to give up that easily?”

“I don’t want to… But—”

“Then… Don’t! Don’t you ever give up on me again.”

“What do you mean, Yoona?”

His sense of hearing might be fooling around with him right now—He continues to stare at her in disbelief of what he heard just now.

“What took you so long?”

“I don’t understand…”

“Do you know how much I’ve been wanting to hear all that from you?”

Kim Soo Hyun shakes his head and stares at her.

“I don’t know…”

“What I’m trying to say is—I love you too, idiot.”

“—is this real?”

Yoona walks closer to Kim Soo Hyun and softly wipe away his tears.

“Stop crying~ You look hideous right now. I love you, Soo Hyun-oppa~ I love everything about you even if you are unlike your drama roles, even if you are uncool, even if you are like an idiot sometimes. I love the Kim Soo Hyun yesterday, Kim Soo Hyun tomorrow and the day after. I will keep on loving you no matter what.”

Yoona gently embrace Kim Soo Hyun and caresses his back to stop him from crying.

“Let’s start from the beginning, okay?”

“If that is what you want…”

“I want to start anew with you. I love you, Kim Soo Hyun-sshi.”

Kim Soo Hyun hug Yoona tightly.

“Let’s slowly go through this together, step by step…”

I have a confession to make.”

Yoona’s eyes blinded by the flash produced by the camera. She’s standing right in front of a large group of people who awaits her statement.

“I know this—”

“Wait!”

All eyes shifts from Yoona to the person who spoke just now.

“Wait, isn’t that Kim Soo Hyun-sshi?” One female reporter immediately recognize the man well-dressed in suit. Kim Soo Hyun confidently walk towards Yoona who seem clueless of his presence right now.

“I have something to tell all of you today. I hope everyone will give cooperation and pray the best for both of us…”

He bow politely towards the crowd of reporters in front of him. After that, he stand up straight facing Yoona.

“Im Yoona, I may not have anything to offer you. I cannot promise you everlasting happiness either. We might fight all over again and reconcile again. We might not have the same opinion for everything. I might make you cry all of a sudden. But, I still want you in my life. Yoona ah, I want to be the reason behind your smile. I want to be the one making you laugh. I want to be the one who wipe away your tears. I want to be by your side every single moment. I want to be the one you can depend on. I want to bring happiness in your life. I want to offer you all of me. Im Yoona, will you be by my side forever? Will you marry me?”

As he utters the last words, Kim Soo Hyun go down on both knees while looking at Yoona straight in the eyes. Both of his hand are placed on his kneecap.

“I…”

The reporters and the people around them wait patiently for Yoona to answer. Yoona whose eyes are getting teary shortly nodded at Kim Soo Hyun.

“Of course, I will… I mean… I do! I will marry you, Soo Hyun oppa!” Yoona’s tears fell as Kim Soo Hyun get up and embrace her.

“Let’s do our best from now on, my wife! I’ve asked permission from your company and your family before doing this…”

“Thank you, oppa… I love you…”

“I love you too, my Yoona…” Kim Soo Hyun softly whispers in Yoona’s ears before they broke the hug and stand side by side to face the crowd.

“I apologize for the sudden proposal. I ran here quickly after I asked permission from her father and family members. I’ve also asked permission from her company and labelmates. I sincerely hope everyone will pray the best for us and wish happiness for our future…”

Kim Soo Hyun looks at Yoona lovingly as he holds her hand.

“Please wish happy things for us and bless our future. Thank you for all the support and I want to apologize for this shocking news. I did not expect for him to come all the way here to do this. I honestly planned to confess about our relationship before the people got to know about it from the media. Thank you for everything.”

“Please bless our relationship and pray the best for us.” Both of them respectfully bow to the people in front of them with sincerity.

The day passes by with news article all over the place about their news. People are somehow taken aback at first especially their fans. Fortunately, as time passes by, people starts to accept their relationship and give blessings.

“Thank you for accepting me in your life again, my lovely wife Im Yoona…” Kim Soo Hyun smiles warmly at the girl in a beautiful long wedding dress.

“Nu-uh! I’m Kim Yoona from now on! Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for loving me always, my husband.”

“I love you, Yoona…”

Kim Soo Hyun softly kisses her forehead and caresses her cheek after he unveil her.

 

“WHAT! Why only kiss on the forehead?”

The two of them turn to the owner of the voice which is none other than Heechul and Taecyeon.

“Yah! You two! I’m the cupid here! We need more action!”

Kyuhyun added on making the people around them laugh. Both Yoona and Kim Soo Hyun blushes as they look at each other.

“Eyy—are you thinking of saving them for later, hyung?”

Sehun smirks evilly as he exchange glances with Changmin.

“Yah! Sehun! You’re still young, what do you know?” Yoona glares at Sehun and notices that Kim Soo Hyun is now exchanging glances with both Sehun and Changmin.

“Oppa!”

“What? I did not do anything~” Kim Soo Hyun laughs happily as he rubs the place where Yoona hit just now. Geez, his wife is definitely a strong woman~

“If you ever hang out with them again. I—” All of a sudden Yoona starts to feel dizzy and she quickly covers .

“Wait, it can’t be—” Kim Soo Hyun starts to smile as he exchange eye contact with Yoona.

“OMO! YOONA! ARE YOU PREGNANT?”

Sunny shouted causing the guests to stare at the bride and bridegroom with wide eyes.

“My innocent Yoong~” Leeteuk cried out.

“I guess she’s not that innocent~” Kyuhyun smirks evilly along with Changmin.

“Not bad, brother-in-law~” All the people cheered in unison with Sehun’s statement.

“Uh—I guess we should leave now~” Kim Soo Hyun panicked as he smiles awkwardly at Taeyeon who almost fainted hearing that news.

“Yeah~ Let’s go, oppa~” Kim Soo Hyun lifts Yoona up easily as both of them ran away from the crowd of people who want to know the juicy stories.

 

“Let’s live happily from now on~” Kim Soo Hyun lean in and kisses Yoona’s lips before driving away leaving their friends behind.

MyDanbo Love Notes:

Finally! I’m finished with this story! I’ve been wanting to write a Kim Soo Hyun and Yoona one-shot and I did it! I truly adore them back then. I just want to give it a try. I’ll edit back if I have time. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it! Don’t forget to leave wonderful comments for this!

Happy fasting to the Muslims! 

Love you, danno-san :*