[R] BTS's Jungkook

Our deer, Yoona

Unchanging Love

requested by YoonHanNisa

 

Walking around the park at this hour, he is sure that he can see her there. He feels like he can see her hanging around at the park again tonight. He stares at her from afar, not wanting to let her know of his presence.

“Yoona-ah… I miss you.”

He crouches a bit lower, noticing her presence, she walks towards the swings with light steps.  He smiles seeing her look happy. But then, his smile disappears from his face, his heart aches at the sight of a man walking up to her to catch up with her. Her laughter which appears because of the man whose identity he did not know.

“Yoona-ya, I’m so sorry. Will you ever forgive me?”

“Kookie, here you are!” Yoona pouts, looking at her boyfriend, who arrives at the café while smirking at her. Her long-time boyfriend named Jungkook, who is a few years younger than her. Their feels nothing when he behaves so maturely around her. The way he treats her, his respects towards her is not something she can find even with the man around her age.

“I’m sorry, Yoona-ah. I hope this can make you feel better.” He hands over a lunchbox he made earlier which cause his lateness to their date. Her eyes glistens with excitement as she reaches for the lunchbox. Surely, he knows how to make her feel better.

“Thank you, Jungkook~ I love you.” She smiles and quickly dig in the lunchbox, unaware of his eyes staring longingly towards her.

“You know~ I’m here too. Don’t ignore my presence in front of your number one, food.” He sulks, wanting her attention only to be ignored again as she happily continues to eat the lunchbox.

Nevertheless, he cannot even get mad when she’s showing that adorable facial expression of her enjoying her meal. He gently caresses her hair down to her back as his eyes continuously staring at her. He feels warm and happiness envelopes him warmly thanks to seeing her enjoying the food he made. Studying as a chef is not bad after all when you get rewarded with this kind of happiness.

This is how it is usually going on in the daily life of their relationship. They meet up, enjoy spending time with one another and making time for one another. Just like any other couple, they get into fights too. From the soft ones to the terrible and scary ones. No matter how badly the fight ends up, they will usually reconcile—it’s either Yoona or Jungkook who will apologise first even though the one apologising isn’t the one at fault. They’ll do anything for the sake of love. But, is it enough with just love?

 

One day, the two of them sit down side by side staring at the water flowing in the river of Han Gang. Time passes by, without words coming out of their mouth as they are too comfortable with one another.

Yoona glances at Jungkook for a moment before staring back at the river.

“I got a promotion at work.” Yoona said, breaking the silence as her lips feels dry due to the cold autumn night.

“Ah, that’s great. Why do you feel unhappy?”

Jungkook glances at her, noticing the look of uncertainty in her eyes as she stares back at him.

“I’m moving to New York.”

Her response stirred him inside, sounds of his heart almost cracking slowly making his hands move towards her, slowly caressing it.

“That’s like so far away… Are you serious?”

Yoona holds Jungkook’s hand, and lean against his shoulder.

“Yes, I am. It’s quite far, right?”

Jungkook did not reply or anything, he’s just silently nods back.

Feeling like his lips a little dry after another moment of silent, he feels like speaking up. But, before he can say anything else, her words got out first.

“Do you think we can survive long distance?”

The very same question that comes inside his mind, but she beat him to it by asking it even though he does not want to ask that.

“I…don’t know… Maybe we can… Right?”

Unsure tone of voice comes out of his mouth. He wants to say that everything will be fine and they will definitely stay together. But, no matter how badly he wants to try convince himself that they will—he just can’t. They have never been apart from one another, they have been staying so close with one another that they practically can see each other. This time, he can’t see her even if he wants to.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, notice the uncertainty tone of voice coming out of her boyfriend just now. Not wanting to make things awkward with another round of silence enveloping them again, Yoona speaks up.

“We should be okay. We love each other and I think we can st—” She pauses the moment she realises something between them. Suddenly, flashback of memories floods in her mind, interrupting her words. Even though they are definitely in love with one another, he hardly response to her calls nowadays nor did he call her back. The messages they’ve sent to each other through KakaoTalk becomes shorter and shorter each day. His messages also sound colder, her messages have lesser warmth. But, maybe it’s because both of them were busy, Yoona with her work, and Jungkook with his studies and working. She sighs, trying to digest all the thoughts she's having in her mind right now.

 

Jungkook, silently stares at her as she’s going deeper into her thought. His smiles turn somewhat sad. He squeezes her hand gently while trying to gather his courage to mutter this words to her.

“You should go… Isn’t that what you’ve been dreaming of?” He tries his best to smile, without noticing the pained expression Yoona had on her face.

“Do you really want me to leave?” Her voice trembles, worries shown all over her face. She’s willing to throw away her dream and everything she have just to have him by her side.

“I…I do. I don’t need you in my life.”He looks at her straight in the eyes for a moment before looking away.

“Are you serious? Please don’t joke around with me.”

Jungkook sighs, staring at Yoona with a bored expression shown on his face.

“I’m tired…I’m tired of you, us and everything. I’m tired of being around you.”

“Jungkook… Can you promise me one thing? If we were to meet again in the future, can you promise that you will not run away from me? Promise me that we can still be together by that time.”Yoona’s hand that Jungkook let go earlier trembles slightly and she cannot stop her tears from falling. Yoona tries to hug Jungkook to convince him that he is speaking nonsense. She’s trying to convince herself that this is all just a dream.

“That is—only if we are meant to be together… Let’s break up. I don’t think I can do this. I’m sorry…”Jungkook stands up leaving Yoona crying alone in the park. That night will surely be remembered to be as the most painful experience for them.  

 

That night, after uttering the hateful words to Yoona, he walks away. Upon reaching his room, he feels like his heart were torn apart and cried. He cried for hurting her. He had to. He knows what people have been saying about him and Yoona.

‘If only there’s no Jungkook, Yoona would have gone further than ever.’

‘He’s tying her down.’

He felt like he needs to do this. If Yoona keeps on being around him, she might not be able to go after her dream. At the time being, he have no confidence that he can give her the happiness she deserve. He feels like he will only ruin her future. Thinking this, he cried throughout the night. After that painful night, Yoona left to work in New York realizing her dream. As for Jungkook, he got what he wished for. A life without Yoona.

Staring painfully at the sight bestowed upon him, tears roll down his cheeks, the flowers he holds full of hope earlier, fall down to the ground just like how his heart sink to the bottom.

“Yoona… I’m sorry…”

He walks away, this time with a decision he made. After few steps away, he feels a pair of soft hands holding his hand, stopping his track.

“Are you Jungkook?”

That voice—the voice he longs to hear after all this years. Her voice which truly gives him happiness. The way she pronounces his name. He can’t bear to look at her right now. There’s no way he can look at her when he hurt her so bad back then.

“You got the wrong person.” He tries to escape by altering his voice, he gently releases her tight grasp on his hand without looking at her.

“Don’t lie… I know it’s you... Jungkook… Please look at me…”

He turns around, giving up on escaping from her. He looks at her, the face he has always wanted to caress, the smile he has always wanted to protect. Her hair is visibly shorter now, making her look more matured and exuding elegance.

“I shouldn’t have come… I… don’t deserve to see you.”

He looks away briefly, not wanting to meet her eyes. Yoona holds his face between her hands, making him to look at her straight in the eyes. Their heights are not that different, making him flustered by her action.

“Why are you running away? After all this years, are you sure you still want to run away from me? Wasn’t it enough that you hurt me back then?”

“I… I am sorry about what I’ve done to you in the past. I won’t run away if that’s what you want. But, don’t you hate me?”Jungkook mutters softly.

“I do… I really do… But, it’s all in the past now. And I, know about what actually happened.”Yoona smiles slightly, reassuring Jungkook.

“How?”He asks out of curiosity, despite the fact that he’s unsure what is it that she knows about.

“I know why you try to break up with me back then. It doesn’t matter how I know about it or when did I found out. All that matters is that I finally found you again. Where have you been?”

Running. He thought silently in his mind. He has been running away from seeing her. The thought of seeing the painful look she shown him that night, makes him feel afraid to face her. Although, he finally gathered his courage to see her now, but maybe, he’s already too late. The man he saw earlier…

“I missed you… I don’t know what can I do to atone for the way I’ve treated you back then, but I really missed you. Every single day all I can think about is you, Yoona… I… I can only wish you happiness… I pray that man can make you happier than I could… Goodbye, Yoona…”

This time, Yoona did not let him leave just like before. She hugs him from the back, trying to stop him from leaving.

“That guy… He is…”

Jungkook turn around and hugs Yoona.

“I…don’t care anymore. I regret a lot for breaking up with you back then. If only I didn’t listen to them. Are we meant to be together? I don’t know what the future may hold for us. All I know… (He pauses slightly before continuing) I want to be with you, Yoona. Give me one more chance to treat you better. I…”

“Jungkook, actually—”

“I have always been in love with you, Yoona.” He cut her off mid-sentence, trying to grab the chance he missed out back then. Jungkook then continues, “But…if you really have loved someone else now. It’s okay. I understand. You don’t have to worry about me and be happy. That’s what matters the most to me.”He smiles, finally able to say the things he have always wanted to say to her.

“Let me explain, Jeon Jungkook!”

Jungkook stunned and stares straight at Yoona, feeling shock at her outburst.

“That guy is my brother! Don’t you remember? Im Siwan! My older brother who you didn’t see back then because he was in the army at that time.”

“Oh…”

Yoona takes a deep breath and holds Jungkook’s hands.

“Stop assuming things on your own from now on. Talk to me about everything. I’m here, right?”

Jungkook nods, obviously shock seeing this side of her.

“Let’s start over again. This time, we’ll do it together.”

“Yoona…”

Yoona smiles warmly at Jungkook.

“I have always been hopelessly in love with you too, silly.”

 

If it’s meant to be, there’s no way that two souls loving each other would break apart. If they are meant to be, they would find their way back no matter how long it would take them.

Author’s note:

Dear readers, I’m finally able to finish this story after some time. It took me quite a lot of time to finish writing this since I faced writer’s block. I can’t write even a paragraph for quite some time. Nevertheless, I will try my best to update. I might also update some story inspired by real life situation here. Hehehe, stay tuned dearies <3

Thank you for requesting,YoonHanNisa . I hope that you will love it and I apologise if it does not go the way you want it to be. Still, please leave comments and upvote <3