[R] Ji Chang Wook

Our deer, Yoona

Effortlessly in Love

requested by dolphin90

‘Falling for a co-star’ is not the kind of headline he wants to appear on the front page of his life. With the determination to act without involving any feelings in real life, he put his acting pride on the line and continues to act full of chemistry with his co-stars.

“Do not let yourself fall in love with your co-stars. Nothing is real when it comes to acting.” This is the very phrase he holds on to himself while doing his best in acting. This is how things should be for Ji Chang Wook. He holds this belief strongly until he encounters a co-star that will make his one and only belief crumbling down into pieces.

“Ji Chang Wook, I want you to meet your female lead for this drama. Meet Im Yoona, a Girls’ Generation member. She will be acting as Anna”

He stares at her in awe of her beautiful face with light makeup. There is no way he would not know her; she is what his friends would call ‘goddess’.

“Nice to meet you, Ji Chang Wook-sshi. It’s an honour to be able to work with you.” Yoona briefly shakes hand with him and proceed to do so with the director and the writer for the drama.

“Ah, please sit down both of you. We still have something to discuss. Feel free to warm up with each other.” The director smiles and walks away with the writer, leaving the two standing awkwardly facing each other.

“Uh—” It appears that cat definitely caught his tongue as Ji Chang Wook are unable to say anything properly.

“So, um… Are you disappointed to have me as your co-star?” Yoona lightly teases Chang Wook, trying to lighten the heavy awkward atmosphere just now. His facial expression turns from a calm one to a frantic one.

“Uh… Not at all. I’m pleased… to have the chance to work with you.” He tries his best to show a professional smile, although, deep down, he’s feeling frantic and worried. He is not usually like this. Normally, he is able to maintain his cool as he usually treats every single co-star of his as his work-mate, someone he met at work. This time, it feels different. Why?

“Ah, glad to hear that. I was worried since you were silent for quite some time. I was told you are friendly with your co-stars.” Yoona smiles, exuding the warmth she’s giving the people around her. Ji Chang Wook is no exception either, his eyes gaze upon her, not wanting to miss any second of it.

“So, what should I call you?” Yoona asks again, gaining more courage after noticing she receives another silent treatment from Chang Wook who is actually feeling nervous at the moment.

He fakes a cough, trying to ease his nervousness before answering her. “You can call me by my name.” He smiles, trying to make Yoona feel more comfortable.

“Okay. So can I call you… Umm… Chang Wook-oppa?” She purses her lips closely together, feeling so embarrassed with herself after saying it like it was nothing.

He cannot believe what he is hearing right now. He is used to listening other girls calling him oppa, but it feels different coming out of her lips. It feels sweeter.

“Uh… Um… Sure. As you wish… Please sit down. I’ll get some coffee for you.” Ji Chang Wook feels relieved that he finally able to gain control of his nervousness.

Yoona feels reluctant to make Ji Chang Wook order for both of them at first. But, since he keeps on insisting on doing it, Yoona gives in. Moments later, he comes back with their order and places Yoona’s order carefully on the table. He also orders some cookies and buns out of consideration.

“Ah, thank you so much. These are my favourites.” Yoona smiles warmly as she takes a sip of her drink after Ji Chang Wook drink his. His smile grows wider watching Yoona truly enjoys the food.

‘Adorable.’. He thought for a brief moment before Yoona interrupts him again.

“Next time, I’ll be the one getting us coffee! Okay?”

Ji Chang Wook laughter erupts when Yoona shows some silly expression after saying it.

 

A conversation with coffee and biscuits feels so simple yet magical that day. He hardly opens up about himself to people on the first time of a meeting, but with her, it’s a whole different thing. A simple conversation, from the talks about the drama they are going to film, the scenes to the memories of their childhood—their fears, every single thing, the two of them shared in that conversation. Thanks to that coffee hang out they shared, they managed to film intimate scenes with hardly any problems surprising their crews and director. Amidst all that, his feelings for her grow fonder each day.

Ji Chang Wook who realizes his feelings for his co-star Im Yoona, feels like he can no longer deny it. His feelings keep on growing no matter how hard he tries to suppress them deep down. He can no longer control his feelings for her.

He treats her gentler than before, carefully hiding his feelings. But, one can tell if they can see the way he smiles at her. His gaze upon her, so lovingly which can melt any woman around, but Yoona is no ordinary woman. She treats her work seriously—which means it is not going to be easy for him to woo her.

There was this one time, he asked her out to dinner to which she agreed. He was feeling so overjoyed, to the point he cannot stop himself from smiling. However, slightly disappointing him, Yoona brings along her staff during the dinner. Ji Chang Wook who cannot say anything back agrees to bring along his staff too. The romantic dinner he planned for two turns out to be a gathering for a group of people.

But, he still does not wish to give up. There is no way he is going to give up when this is the first time he has fallen for someone this hard. Yoona continues to be oblivious to his actions. He gives her coffee every morning, she gives them to her staff sometimes. He gives her flowers, she thought it was the prop for the drama filming. All the tips he got from his manager and best friend seems useless when Yoona evades every single attack he gave her.

 

How is he going to win Yoona so sincerely to the point that it will be able to move her heart?

He does not have much time after this drama ends, the two of them are unable to meet up as much as before, and she will be meeting not one but two male co-stars. That is what he heard from a source.  

“Will I be able to do this?” Almost feel like giving up, he sighs while looking at the photo of him and Yoona joking around at the beach.

“I want to be the one making her smile.”

 

The drama’s filming will soon come to an end and Ji Chang Wook is still unable to win Yoona’s heart and let her know of his feelings. Should he just give up and forget about her? Or should he try harder so he would not regret anything? Should I just write her a love letter?

As Ji Chang Wook continues to contemplates about this, the filming continues.

Time passes by, and now, it is finally the time for the farewell party for the drama. As Ji Chang Wook is about to give up with his conquest and Yoona’s oblivious way of rejection, Yoona contacts him to meet her somewhere. He enters the café, guided by the staff working there while questioning whether this is merely one of her pranks or not.

He sits down at one of the tables, hidden from the sight of other customers as it is situated at the other side of the café.

“Didn’t I promised to treat you some coffee?”

Yoona appears with two cups of coffee and places the coffee in front of him.

“My treat! Enjoy. I made these coffees myself.” She smiles when she notices his delightful facial expression.

Moments of silence engulf the two of them as they enjoy their coffee and Ji Chang Wook stealthily glance at Yoona.

He puts down the coffee he is holding and holds her hands. His eyes gaze deep into her eyes as Yoona stares back, confused with his action.

“Oppa?”

A short deep breath and he decide that he can no longer run around this circle of no hope.

“Yoona-ya… You are the most wonderful partner I could ever ask for. You comply to my requests, you are patient in getting to know me, you cooperate with me even though the scenes are not as clear as it should be. You know, there’s no one else I can think of when it comes to the hardship of filming this drama besides you. Thank you for not rejecting this drama earlier.”

Yoona’s eyes become watery again due to being touched by his sincere words. He continues on before Yoona can even say anything back.

“I will miss the moments I’ve spent with you. Your laughter, your smile, your pranks, every single moment with you is too precious for me to forget. I am not usually the type to feel this way towards a co-star, but it feels different with you. I feel at ease whenever I’m around you. But, after this, we will not be able to spend time together as freely as before…”

Yoona nods, “Oppa, I will miss it too. It was a really great experience to be able to act with you. You are a good partner for me too… I—”

Unable to hold it in any longer, Ji Chang Wook cut Yoona’s word off.

“I am truly in love with you, Yoona. Please don’t brush me away again with your obliviousness. Please think about it and I…”

Yoona laughs abruptly, breaking the romantic mood that is about to alight, making Chang Wook feels clueless with her action.

“I know… I’ve known about it all along. I mean, how can I not know with all your efforts? Every single morning, the coffee with a note written by you definitely brighten up my day. Giving me the strength to keep on filming. Your text full of worries asking if I did arrive safely after the filming ends. You’ve done a lot for me, so how can I not notice your feelings for me?”

His eyes widen, he stares at Yoona in surprise, not believing what he heard just now.

“What? Then why did you make it like you know nothing?”

Yoona lightly punches him and playfully glares at him.

“How can I just go and ask you? What if I’m wrong? Plus, you never did say the right phrase to me. Aish, this idiot.”

Ji Chang Wook holds both of Yoona hands again, firmly this time, stopping her from hitting him again.

“The only one partner that I need is you. I am deeply in love with you.” He moves closer while continue holding her hands, closing the gap between them. Slowly, the distance between them gradually become smaller.

 

“YAH! YOU STILL HAVE SCHEDULE TOMORROW! WE HAVE TO GO NOW!”

The voice of his manager ruins the moment, Ji Chang Wook rolls his eyes in disappointment. “I know! Hyung, why did you have to ruin it!”

Yoona erupts into a heartfelt laughter as the two of them stands up together to leave.

“Yah~ That’s not fair to laugh at me…” He sighs, looking dejected as he looks down, starting to walk to the café exit. Yoona pulls his hand, bringing his ears closer to her.

“Your effort is not useless at all because I’ve fallen for you too. Saranghae, Ji Chang Wook-sshi~” She playfully whispers in his ears and leaving after kissing his cheek. His ears turn redder than ever as he walks out of the café feeling shocked.

“What’s with your ears?”

His friend and manager ask, he shakes his head and continues to walk towards the car. As soon as he enters his car, his lips curve into the happiest smile, even more, when he receives a text. A simple text that will definitely boost up his mood for the rest of his days.

 

‘Please take care of me, my forever partner. Love you.’

Author’s Note:

Finally, another update after such a long time TT_TT

I know I’ve been apologizing a lot, but really it is so hard to finish my last year. Now, I’m moving to practical training, so no more classes? Please pray for my results to turn out good!

So, here’s BangBangCouple, long overdue, but will forever be adored. Thank you for requesting, Doplhin90! Please leave COMMENTS, UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE. Truly appreciate it <3